Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Please, Help Me Get Legal Advice On This. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please, Help Me Get Legal Advice On This. (355 Views)

Legal Advice Needed On Family Land Issue / Please I Need Legal Advice Concerning Divorce As The Respondent / Legal Advice Needed Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Help Me Get Legal Advice On This. by Marsh104(m): 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2022
Hello Nairalanders, please I need advice from legal practitioners in the house. Presently, I'm in a legal battle with my second cousins the case has lasted for four years from 2018 till now. The summary of the whole land issue is to determine whether our family and their family have shared the landed properties of our grandparents. After both parties have made their cases and closed their cases, on the day we came to court to adopt the written addresses from both lawyers, they instigated one woman from the same village to put joinder in the case applying to be joined as a defendant. Her application was heard but later was struck out. She made an appeal which we are to here on 5th of May before then they also went to a high Court and made another appeal already we are done with our lawyers fee but this time around our lawyer is requesting for another fee of nearly the same amount of what we paid him in the original case. We paid him the sum of 300,000 in 2019 when the case started and now he's requesting something around 300 to 500,000 for him to go for the appeal in the high Court. He said we can get another lawyer if we don't have money to pay him for that. Please I seriously needs some advice. The original case is at judgement level which is fixed for 10th May 2022 but the other party knows that they will loose the case that's why they brought this other woman to apply for joinder of which they have no connection with us in the case. I have a meeting with our own lawyer tomorrow, pls I need advice from any legal practitioner to know if I can appear in the high court without a lawyer and present my case. Pls Whatsapp me on 090945oo21o if you really wanna help a brother. I have a very clean case.
Re: Please, Help Me Get Legal Advice On This. by Bluntguy: 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2022
Marsh104:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need advice from legal practitioners in the house. Presently, I'm in a legal battle with my second cousins the case has lasted for four years from 2018 till now. The summary of the whole land issue is to determine whether our family and their family have shared the landed properties of our grandparents. After both parties have made their cases and closed their cases, on the day we came to court to adopt the written addresses from both lawyers, they instigated one woman from the same village to put joinder in the case applying to be joined as a defendant. Her application was heard but later was struck out. She made an appeal which we are to here on 5th of May before then they also went to a high Court and made another appeal already we are done with our lawyers fee but this time around our lawyer is requesting for another fee of nearly the same amount of what we paid him in the original case. We paid him the sum of 300,000 in 2019 when the case started and now he's requesting something around 300 to 500,000 for him to go for the appeal in the high Court. He said we can get another lawyer if we don't have money to pay him for that. Please I seriously needs some advice. The original case is at judgement level which is fixed for 10th May 2022 but the other party knows that they will loose the case that's why they brought this other woman to apply for joinder of which they have no connection with us in the case. I have a meeting with our own lawyer tomorrow, pls I need advice from any legal practitioner to know if I can appear in the high court without a lawyer and present my case. Pls Whatsapp me on 090945oo21o if you really wanna help a brother. I have a very clean case.
Yes you have a very clean case but if you dare being your own lawyer at the appeal court you will end up having a very dirty case. Your lawyer has successfully prosecuted your case at the lower court before this woman appeared as a spoiler from nowhere and your case has become a new one at the appeal court.

You need to pay him for this one but try negotiating for something lower with him or have you not heard that lawyers feed on cases? I am not a lawyer but this is something I know. If all things being equal you win this one the court might award you some costs in other mitigate the costs you incurred over the years on this matter. Good luck to you.

1 Like

Re: Please, Help Me Get Legal Advice On This. by Marsh104(m): 3:41pm On Apr 30, 2022
Thanks a lot Bluntguy, pls can I get more response from more people.

Again, thanks Mr. Bluntguy!
Re: Please, Help Me Get Legal Advice On This. by Bluntguy: 9:46pm On Apr 30, 2022
Marsh104:
Thanks a lot Bluntguy, pls can I get more response from more people.

Again, thanks Mr. Bluntguy!
You're welcome bro.

(1) (Reply)

She Was For The Streets – Burnaboy Shares Cryptic Post About His Just Ex-girlfri / I Need A Guidance Counselor / Do Nigerian Women Have The Right To Inherit Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.