Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,033 members, 7,866,909 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply (26770 Views)

Osun State Approves New Minimum Wage, Lifts Embargo On Promotion / Dr. John Kayode Fayemi Lifts Embargo On Ecobank, Gtbank, Zenith Bank …mdas, / Senate Makes A U-turn, Lifts Embargo On Buhari’s Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by winterfell007(m): 8:01am On May 01, 2022
Aufbauh:
Nigeria is a country blessed with so much human and natural resources, strategically populated and position for greatness but yet unlucky with bad leadership over time.

Ordinarily Nigeria should be cashing out from this window but bad leadership won't make us gain from it.
You have no right to complain of bad leadership since you folks have void you’ll never elect credible leaders because of enthic-religious sentiments, you think you are doing a particular enthic group, you’re doing yourself

1 Like

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Igbofam: 8:01am On May 01, 2022
michlins:
if you guys knew where Anambra was coming from by the time Peter Obi took over, you wouldn't be saying this.

There were backlog of salaries for civil servants. I wasn't able to go to school for a whole year because mbadinuju didn't pay salaries. So Ngige and Obi were clearing that up.

Buhari is completing his eight years, how many ports did he build with all the loans. How about security which is the primary function of any government. Economy nko, he was handed over the biggest economy in Africa with a very large GDP, how are we faring. The exchange rate nko and general cost of living.

Please you guys should stop talking nonsense

At the moment Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa with over $521 billion USD in GDP. Nigeria stands at number 28 in global GDP ranking ahead of Austria, Israel, UAE etc. Nigeria's economy is growing faster than many countries in the top 28.

This same Buhari you love to hate has never borrowed to pay salaries EVER!

He has opened up the ports in the South and several inland dry ports across Nigeria.

I wouldn't want to go into the issues regarding the exchange rate because I seriously doubt you have the facilities to comprehend it
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by luluosas(m): 8:02am On May 01, 2022
Nigeria would have really become a great bride to the world right now, but our political circle is only enclosed with greed and looting spirit, hence mismanagement is the the bedrock of the Nigerian woes. What a pity!

Cared to make legit $3 daily? Get in touch now
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by sweetkev(m): 8:03am On May 01, 2022
Aufbauh:
Nigeria is a country blessed with so much human and natural resources, strategically populated and position for greatness but yet unlucky with bad leadership over time.

Ordinarily Nigeria should be cashing out from this window but bad leadership won't make us gain from it.
And it's so sad that Nigeria will never get better all because of rotation of bad leaders.
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Nobody: 8:03am On May 01, 2022
htdot:

Are these the only thing he has done for anambra? Then akpabio is better than him..

If you want to know much more of what he did then make a Research and do not wait for me.

Akpabio and PeterObi who receive much funds from Oil revenues? If you want to compare Akwa Igbom,Do with the States Like Bayelsa,Delta or Rivers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Igbofam: 8:04am On May 01, 2022
obynzo:

You really don't know what infrastructural drive is. To be sincere it is the existing Federal structures like the ports that still drive Lagos. Which infrastructure has driven Lagos economically that the Lagos state government has commissioned? Nothing is it the rail line that has exceeded a decade and not yet complete? Or is it the Lekki toll that is a deliberate enterprise to enrich the powers that be in the stare that for many years they deliberately refused to build alternative roads to VI because of greed and forcing people to use the toll gates thereby causing hardships on the road. Please be honest and show me the infrastructure that has spurred growth Lagos IGR even in Military era was always High so stop all these propaganda. People know the truth which you yourself know. So my Yoruba brother pretending to be igbo, Ogbeni you know nothing.

Afo anu is calling me Yoruba cheesy

When your fellow Igbo man does not support you he automatically is either labelled a sabo or an ofe mmiri (Yoruba)

Nwokem zuzurugi daba n'ime ohia. No be only Yoruba brother pretending to be Igbo. Anuohia
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Dominionkid22: 8:06am On May 01, 2022
[quote author=Mooh247 post=112416473]

I don't need to travel to Ghana to access their developmental statistics... Poverty index, GDP, Unemployment rate, FDI, IGR are good enough for me to make rational accessment

Anambra has the least unemployment rate in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by NwokoloOwa: 8:06am On May 01, 2022
If we had put our acts together, we would have been smiling to the banks as a Nation in this period. With oil at over USD100, if this persist for just 1 year we would have been making at least extra USD30 from the 2022 budget benchmark of USD62. Again, if we were meeting up with our OPEC allocation of 1.7m barrels per day you can imagine how rich we would have quickly grown. In a day we can easily make USD30 x 1.7m barrels = USD 51million/day!

A year is 365days but let's do 300 days, we would have earn over USD15 billion!!!

Just realized that after all my calculations, the answer will be looted. smiley

I just taya
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by michlins(m): 8:23am On May 01, 2022
Igbofam:

At the moment Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa with over $521 billion USD in GDP. Nigeria stands at number 28 in global GDP ranking ahead of Austria, Israel, UAE etc. Nigeria's economy is growing faster than many countries in the top 28.

This same Buhari you love to hate has never borrowed to pay salaries EVER!

He has opened up the ports in the South and several inland dry ports across Nigeria.

I wouldn't want to go into the issues regarding the exchange rate because I seriously doubt you have the facilities to comprehend it
Buhari has never borrowed to pay salaries but he's constantly borrowing. Borrowed more than all the previous administration in Nigeria. You will mention rails as the dividend of the borrowings. Same rails bandits has turned to recreational site. What's the debt profile of Nigeria? Does it occur to you that when divided by our population, our debt is almost 200k for every individual. This is a country which has the most number of people living in poverty.

Have you ever priced the cost of basic materials like rice, wheat, flour and cement which matter to ordinary citizens? How do you defend such nonsense? Since the creation of Nigeria, when has cement sold for over ₦4,000?

You said you don't want to talk about the exchange rate? Same Buhari promised to make it same as dollar as campaign promise. For the first time ever, Naira is exchanging for ₦500+. I know it doesn't bother you but as a young entrepreneur like me, it's a business killer. Sometimes it feels like I should sell off, and just japa from this country cause it's not easy at all.

Tell me the best thing you think Buhari has done for Nigeria and let's compare with previous administration (s)

1 Like

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by descarado: 8:23am On May 01, 2022
As usual, it has ended up with igbo versus yoruba.
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by jcross19: 8:30am On May 01, 2022
Islie:
EU officials reportedly say the new resolution is expected to be approved by E.U. ambassadors next week as part of plans to avoid delays.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/527049-european-union-set-for-russia-oil-embargo-turns-to-nigeria-others-for-supply.html

Lalasticlala

the news is coming from pm news? And you people are rejoicing ahaaahahahah....
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Igbofam: 8:35am On May 01, 2022
michlins:
Buhari has never borrowed to pay salaries but he's constantly borrowing. Borrowed more than all the previous administration in Nigeria. You will mention rails as the dividend of the borrowings. Same rails bandits has turned to recreational site. What's the debt profile of Nigeria? Does it occur to you that when divided by our population, our debt is almost 200k for every individual. This is a country which has the most number of people living in poverty.

Have you ever priced the cost of basic materials like rice, wheat, flour and cement which matter to ordinary citizens? How do you defend such nonsense? Since the creation of Nigeria, when has cement sold for over ₦4,000?

You said you don't want to talk about the exchange rate? Same Buhari promised to make it same as dollar as campaign promise. For the first time ever, Naira is exchanging for ₦500+. I know it doesn't bother you but as a young entrepreneur like me, it's a business killer. Sometimes it feels like I should sell off, and just japa from this country cause it's not easy at all.

Tell me the best thing you think Buhari has done for Nigeria and let's compare with previous administration (s)

The simple reason why he is massively borrowing is so we can catch up fast on our infrastructural deficit which if PDP as a matter fact had aggressively pursued during their useless 16yrs in power, Buhari would not be borrowing for that now.

There was basically no infrastructural drive during the years of PDP. Instead the little infrastructures Nigeria had were cornered by their cronies in the name of privatization and then destroyed.

Debt is heavily needed for growth or infrastructure. This was and still remains the driving force for the biggest economies in the world like USA, China and the rest of them...

What any country makes as IGR is NEVER ENOUGH to leverage from and build infrastructure. If they did that with their IGR they would go broke which is why they consolidate through debt and this is what Buhari is doing.

As long as we have the wherewithal to repay the debt we remain credit worthy.

Let me break it down to you in a way you would understand.

You work in a company and your salary is 100k a month but you wish to own your own house and stop being a tenant...

Minimum cost for a house is 5mil (as an example)

You pay bills and feed from your 100k so would probably have 40 to 50k left over after bills and feeding every month.

Due to yearly inflation rise, a house of 5m this year could become 7m next year and before you can even buy a 5mil house you would need to save up your 50k for 8yrs but due to inflation you may never be able to do this.

What do you do?

You take out a mortgage or a loan (both are loans anyway)

You utilize that debt to catch up with your need because the loan facility gives you the ability to pay back in 20yrs at a fixed rate.

This solves your problem nicely.

Do you now understand why and how debt is important during the time of growth?
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by tamdun: 8:36am On May 01, 2022
BritishNaija:

If you have never seen, Then do reseach and see. It's been listeed Several times by different individuals.
https://www.nairaland.com/6968624/peter-obis-achievement Hope now you believe. That list in short and there is a longer version.
Is that it? Smh
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by 001spice: 8:38am On May 01, 2022
I will be surprise if APC Dnt put this as their achiement
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Putindbutt: 8:44am On May 01, 2022
obynzo:

You really don't know what infrastructural drive is. To be sincere it is the existing Federal structures like the ports that still drive Lagos. Which infrastructure has driven Lagos economically that the Lagos state government has commissioned? Nothing is it the rail line that has exceeded a decade and not yet complete? Or is it the Lekki toll that is a deliberate enterprise to enrich the powers that be in the stare that for many years they deliberately refused to build alternative roads to VI because of greed and forcing people to use the toll gates thereby causing hardships on the road. Please be honest and show me the infrastructure that has spurred growth Lagos IGR even in Military era was always High so stop all these propaganda. People know the truth which you yourself know. So my Yoruba brother pretending to be igbo, Ogbeni you know nothing.
Lagos, the 4th largest economy in Africa do not have infrastructural drive?
And do you think FG revenue from Port goes to Lagos State?
Kid, you need proper Education.
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Prozico22(m): 8:50am On May 01, 2022
Mooh247:

I don't need to travel to Ghana to access their developmental statistics... Poverty index, GDP, Unemployment rate, FDI, IGR are good enough for me to make rational accessment

poverty rate i bet you your state pass anambra
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by AutoshalomUSA: 9:00am On May 01, 2022
Chai Nigeria don hammer !!!!
Islie:
EU officials reportedly say the new resolution is expected to be approved by E.U. ambassadors next week as part of plans to avoid delays.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/527049-european-union-set-for-russia-oil-embargo-turns-to-nigeria-others-for-supply.html

Lalasticlala

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by michlins(m): 9:00am On May 01, 2022
Igbofam:

The simple reason why he is massively borrowing is so we can catch up fast on our infrastructural deficit which if PDP as a matter fact had aggressively pursued during their useless 16yrs in power, Buhari would not be borrowing for that now.

There was basically no infrastructural drive during the years of PDP. Instead the little infrastructures Nigeria had were cornered by their cronies in the name of privatization and then destroyed.

Debt is heavily needed for growth or infrastructure. This was and still remains the driving force for the biggest economies in the world like USA, China and the rest of them...

What any country makes as IGR is NEVER ENOUGH to leverage from and build infrastructure. If they did that with their IGR they would go broke which is why they consolidate through debt and this is what Buhari is doing.

As long as we have the wherewithal to repay the debt we remain credit worthy.

Let me break it down to you in a way you would understand.

You work in a company and your salary is 100k a month but you wish to own your own house and stop being a tenant...

Minimum cost for a house is 5mil (as an example)

You pay bills and feed from your 100k so would probably have 40 to 50k left over after bills and feeding every month.

Due to yearly inflation rise, a house of 5m this year could become 7m next year and before you can even buy a 5mil house you would need to save up your 50k for 8yrs but due to inflation you may never be able to do this.

What do you do?

You take out a mortgage or a loan (both are loans anyway)

You utilize that debt to catch up with your need because the loan facility gives you the ability to pay back in 20yrs at a fixed rate.

This solves your problem nicely.

Do you now understand why and how debt is important during the time of growth?
we need to borrow to fix npower?

We borrow money so we can dash money during election in the guise of to soft loans. Same government spent billions to train less than five hundred people in phone repairs?

You were even the one that spoke I'll about borrowings by saying it's not used "pay salaries"

Subsidy Buhari said never existed is suddenly gulping billions and still petrol sells for over 200

Anyway there's no helping you folks. For your information, I'm never a PDP fan. In fact I voted Buhari the first time and I regret that decision ever since

1 Like

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Igbofam: 9:06am On May 01, 2022
michlins:
we need to borrow to fix npower?

We borrow money so we can dash money during election in the guise of to soft loans. Same government spent billions to train less than five hundred people in phone repairs?

You were even the one that spoke I'll about borrowings by saying it's not used "pay salaries"

Subsidy Buhari said never existed is suddenly gulping billions and still petrol sells for over 200

Anyway there's no helping you folks. For your information, I'm never a PDP fan. In fact I voted Buhari the first time and I regret that decision ever since

I mentioned the loans to pay salaries because that was what PDP borrowed to do. Even Okonjo Iweala raised an alarm about that.

Buhari borrows for infrastructure and not for frivolous things such as what PDP did.

Imagine the biggest economy in Africa with no airline of our own and no railways of our own

PDP in the name of privatization killed the Nigerian railways and also killed Nigerian airways.

Buhari is bringing all of that back and you are still complaining about his very visible infrastructural drives.

Shouldn't you rather be cursing those who had the means in their 16yrs but NEVER did anything except destroy the little we had thus setting us back by several years?
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Eriokanmi: 9:09am On May 01, 2022
Aufbauh:

No lie, Nigeria ought to be raising heads and shoulders with the likes of USA and Russia today. We've slept for too long due to bad leadership. Indonesia came to Nigeria under obj regime in the 70s to learn how to grow oilnpalm, took some seedlings away. Today, the country is the world largest exporters of palm oil. Check it. EU had been lobbying our leaders across board since last month for our gas. Imagine Nigeria had been futuristic enough to channel our gas pipeline from bonny island to Europe, just the same way mainone channeled their Internet sub marine cable from Europe to Nigeria which some once said was never possible? This was what russia did and were raking into their pockets over 1bn usd daily for donkey years. Tell me why they'd not be stockpiling weapons and be threatening the entire planet with it? Mumu Russia, instead of developing their economy which is nothing to write hone about. Those who had been to Russia would bear me witness. My cousin couldn't hesitate to leave after his programme. No jobs. How many people had told you he's traveling to Russia in your neighbourhood? Why Germany or the entire EU, why China and why Yankee? Think about it. The EU is to blame partially. They allowed Russia to make billions from them for years , forgetting that when a fool chop belle full, na misbehavior go follow. Nigeria had the opportunity but messed it up. The Russia we're talking about today is just a step above us in oil and gas endowment. We're 9th position while Russia is 8th.

We go get it right from next year, if only our mumu don truly do. What is killing Nigeria and making us to choose badly are religion and ethnicity. Shebi mallam don dey dia now for nearly 8 years, what has he achieved? Is his government not the worst? People who are rooting for tinubu can cut your head if you mention a Christian candidate in their ears. Likewise those supporting osinbajo. Nigeria has been split along religious and ethic lines. This is why we will never get it right except we jettison these 2 challenges. Everyone is just looking for where they'd steal. An aspirant form is costing 100m naira in a country like Nigeria. We're still sleeping

1 Like

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Eriokanmi: 9:26am On May 01, 2022
Mooh247:

Put up the most indebted Countries in the world and you will find America as Number one and China as number two

This are serious countries like Lagos State

Lagos IGR in a year can comfortably pay up it's little loans used to build critical infrastructure like rail, and metro system

Lagos being the richest state isn't a function of the government. People, corporate bodies and individuals made it so. Give a state like ekiti same opportunity and you'd realise what Tinubu and his people who had come to mortgage our state had done to us. I wish the late Omoluabi Eko was allowed to run in 1999. By now, lagos would have become a pride of Africa. The mumu was given the opportunity but kept buying private jets and planting his family in key positions as if lagos was an extension of his family's property in Iragbiji. All these nonsense will soon end. I promise you.

1 Like

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Nobody: 9:40am On May 01, 2022
Putindbutt:

Lagos, the 4th largest economy in Africa do not have infrastructural drive?
And do you think FG revenue from Port goes to Lagos State?
Kid, you need proper Education.

You are the kid you know nothing. What is spurring people to Lagos is the ports and the ability to be close to the ports because of the skewed infrastructural deficit in the country. Oga stop being mischievous and deceiving people in this forum.

1 Like

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by sapele914(m): 9:41am On May 01, 2022
Aufbauh:

Bad Citizens (People), both today’s followers & tomorrow’s leaders.

1 Like

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Nobody: 9:41am On May 01, 2022
Igbofam:

Afo anu is calling me Yoruba cheesy

When your fellow Igbo man does not support you he automatically is either labelled a sabo or an ofe mmiri (Yoruba)

Nwokem zuzurugi daba n'ime ohia. No be only Yoruba brother pretending to be Igbo. Anuohia

You are the dense fellow here Onye Nzuzu mmuo
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by sapele914(m): 9:43am On May 01, 2022
obynzo:

You are the kid you know nothing. What is spurring people to Lagos is the ports and the ability to be close to the ports because of the skewed infrastructural deficit in the country. Oga stop being mischievous and deceiving people in this forum.
Quite obvious you don’t stay in Lagos? The population of Lagos State makes it what it is?

Lagos has always been prosperous even before the Portuguese set foot on the island.

Is there a port in Kano State, so why is it the most prosperous state in Northern Nigeria?

It is the inhabitants of an area that determines the prosperity of the zone, commerce attracts people from different ethnicities.

Not ethnic & religious sentiments, Lagos State is a national project, not an ethnic experiment.
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Igbofam: 9:44am On May 01, 2022
obynzo:

You are the dense fellow here Onye Nzuzu mmuo

Ezinulo gi n'ile no n'ime uwa Nzuzu. Anumanu
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Nobody: 9:45am On May 01, 2022
Igbofam:

Ezinulo gi n'ile no n'ime uwa Nzuzu. Anumanu

Back at you
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Nobody: 9:47am On May 01, 2022
sapele914:
Lagos has always been prosperous even before the Portuguese set foot on the island.

Is there a port in Kano State, so why is it the most prosperous state in Northern Nigeria?

It is the inhabitants of an area that determine the prosperity of the zone, commerce attracts people from different ethnicities.

Haaaaa bros stop these lies. Lagos was not as prosperous as Badagry as a slave port. It was the Portuguese that made Lagos a trading port. Kano has a historic importance especially in the trans Sahara trade that cannot be compared to Lagos. Oga stop being mischievous and trying to deceive people in this forum. we know our history very well.
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Putindbutt: 9:47am On May 01, 2022
obynzo:

Little kid, does the revenues from the port goes to LASG?.. Prove your nonsensical assertion or GTFO!

1 Like

Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Igbofam: 9:47am On May 01, 2022
obynzo:

Back at you

E pain you? I thought you were immune grin
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Nobody: 9:48am On May 01, 2022
Igbofam:

E pain you? I thought you were immune grin

Pain ke!!!! I am sending the curses back to you
Re: European Union Set For Russia Oil Embargo, Turns To Nigeria, Others For Supply by Igbofam: 9:49am On May 01, 2022
obynzo:

Pain ke!!!! I am sending the curses back to you

Curses you laid first abi? Ikpere ewu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances / Nigeria Floors P&ID As UK Court Grants Relief From $10bn Fine / Traders Celebrating After Receiving Trader Moni In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.