Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

How Do Savings Apps Afford To Pay High Interest - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do Savings Apps Afford To Pay High Interest (537 Views)

What To Do When You Can't Afford To Buy Online Courses / Want To Learning Programming But Can't Afford It, Get It Here / You Can't Afford To Miss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Savings Apps Afford To Pay High Interest by Millz404(m): 3:23pm On May 01, 2022
I have looked at some asset management companies which I believe savings apps invest users money(I stand to be corrected), many of which offers between 4 to 9 percent interest but many of these savings apps are offering between 10 to 20 percent per annum. How do they manage to pull this off?
Re: How Do Savings Apps Afford To Pay High Interest by airsaylongcome: 3:28pm On May 01, 2022
Mostly fraud. 20% per annum in Savings is not sustainable

1 Like

Re: How Do Savings Apps Afford To Pay High Interest by yuping(m): 3:31pm On May 01, 2022
Millz404:
I have looked at some asset management companies which I believe savings apps invest users money(I stand to be corrected), many of which offers between 4 to 9 percent interest but many of these savings apps are offering between 10 to 20 percent per annum. How do they manage to pull this off?
undecided fraud run ooo, if Opay the king of them all is offering little no one can offer better, run.
Re: How Do Savings Apps Afford To Pay High Interest by Millz404(m): 4:20pm On May 01, 2022
yuping:
undecided fraud run ooo, if Opay the king of them all is offering little no one can offer better, run.
I don't really think it is fraud, opay offers 15 percent and 20 percent to first time users of fixed savings. Kuda offers up to 12.5% there are many that have been running between 10 to 15 without an issue for a long while
Re: How Do Savings Apps Afford To Pay High Interest by airsaylongcome: 5:51pm On May 01, 2022
Millz404:

I don't really think it is fraud, opay offers 15 percent and 20 percent to first time users of fixed savings. Kuda offers up to 12.5% there are many that have been running between 10 to 15 without an issue for a long while

20% per annum at what minimum investment and duration? I used to work for some so-called finance company that claimed to offer these kinds of rates and more. Turned out to be a massive ponzi. If you check the Ts&Cs for Opay and the like you'd see that you will forfeit your interest (or parts thereof) if you do not keep the investment for the required duration and/or make minimum periodic deposit.

1 Like

Re: How Do Savings Apps Afford To Pay High Interest by Millz404(m): 6:07pm On May 01, 2022
airsaylongcome:

20% per annum at what minimum investment and duration? I used to work for some so-called finance company that claimed to offer these kinds of rates and more. Turned out to be a massive ponzi. If you check the Ts&Cs for Opay and the like you'd see that you will forfeit your interest (or parts thereof) if you do not keep the investment for the required duration and/or make minimum periodic deposit.

Yes... almost all of them will take back ur interest if you try to collect ur Moni before maturity. Cowrywise does not even have an option to withdraw before maturity but that's not my point.

(1) (Reply)

7 Things To Do While Going Into Tech / Help / Programming Is Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.