Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project (1660 Views)

Do You Need Help With Your Programming Project At School / Do You Need Help With Your Programming Project? / What Should I Make? Beginner Programming Project Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by nairastatesdot: 7:36am On Aug 15, 2022
Hello Frontend programmers and designers in the house, this is for anyone who would like to be involved with the development of a Nigerian social media platform.

https://nairastates.com Under development

The Front-end will be HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, javaScript, jQuery and AJAX.

If you are interested and would like to be invited to the GitHub Repo, please send an email to nairastatesdotcom@gmail.com
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by Fourpockets: 9:13am On Aug 15, 2022
nairastatesdot:
Hello Frontend programmers and designers in the house, this is for anyone who would like to be involved with the development of a Nigerian social media platform.

https://nairastates.com Under development

The Front-end will be HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, javaScript, jQuery, jQuery AJAX.

If you are interested and would like to be invited to the GitHub Repo, please send an email to nairastatesdotcom@gmail.com

Your whole website reeks of bootstrap
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by dodgelord: 2:06am On Aug 20, 2022
grin grin
GREATIGBOMAN:
Think of something better

This is horseshit and will never make it

Guy e dey pain u wen u see other pple trying to come up with another forum.

Guy y u say he will never mk it Why na? U b God
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by dodgelord: 2:09am On Aug 20, 2022
nairastatesdot:
PHP API developers are also welcome to join the team.
where is ur location I can help.

I dey lagos island
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by dodgelord: 2:15am On Aug 20, 2022
nairastatesdot:

Take this haters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsO6ZnUZI0g
no mind dem guy. I can work with u. Lets chat on watsapp

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by dodgelord: 2:20am On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Just took a second look

What and ugly and useless website

No mercy for u

Not responsive and extremely old school

Looks like you used Wapka on it

You are doomed

pls do u hv a website online? I want to check something.

2 Likes

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by dodgelord: 2:24am On Aug 20, 2022
nairastatesdot:

If you know about software development you'll know that the site as it is now is not the end product, it is just a starting point for further development and the purpose is to get a team together to build something great. So just relax and watch how the site transition into something that will blow your my away.
i want to work with u. Believe me i sabii dd work. Wen it comes to backend i dey tooo good. Check this
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by dodgelord: 2:33am On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Still ugly bro
lord hv mercy ...

Guy mk i see ur own website na

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 20, 2022
dodgelord:
lord hv mercy ...

Guy mk i see ur own website na

Why?
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by RepoMan007: 7:39am On Aug 20, 2022
Fourpockets:

bootstrap was a brainchild of Twitter, a social medium.

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by dodgelord: 8:43am On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Why?
wont u like pple to see ur work incase there's a job. They can call u.

Mk i just see ur own website pls

2 Likes

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by MindHacker9009(m): 10:32am On Aug 20, 2022
Fourpockets:

What is wrong with using bootstrap?
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 20, 2022
dodgelord:
wont u like pple to see ur work incase there's a job. They can call u.

Mk i just see ur own website pls
Peasant
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by RepoMan007: 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Think of something better

This is horseshit and will never make it
There are many horseshit front end websites out there and therefore anyone who can potentially fix them is on a right path. Also an average web designer is a potentially excellent web administrator.

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2022
RepoMan007:
There are many horseshit front end websites out there and therefore anyone who can potentially fix them is on a right path. Also an average web designer is a potentially excellent web administrator.

Just be honest.

Currently there's nothing fine about that website.

It's not even a real website and its not yet completed and he's asking people to join

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by RepoMan007: 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Just be honest.

It's not even a real website and its not yet completed and he's asking people to join
Everybody started from somewhere and we all know practice makes perfection. It is better you take an aspect if design and criticize it. Example is font, color scheme, proportion of line elements or picture distrortion to correct instead of posting one dimensional criticism that's vague.
I will advice OP to continue learning and improving. Also to keep rubbing minds with like minds because iron sharpens iron.
Let him/her also post the screenshot here because everyone may not afford the luxury of multiple screen sizes to see various stages of its responsiveness.

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2022
RepoMan007:
Everybody started from somewhere and we all know practice makes perfection. It is better you take an aspect if design and criticize it. Example is font, color scheme, proportion of line elements or picture distrortion to correct instead of posting one dimensional criticism that's vague.
I will advice OP to continue learning and improving. Also to keep rubbing minds with like minds because iron sharpens iron.
Let him/her also post the screenshot here because everyone may not afford the luxury of multiple screen sizes to see various stages of its responsiveness.

This long test wasn't necessary.

I couldn't pick a particular aspect as all aspects were lacking.

Horshit just means the whole things isn't fine.

Hope u understand.
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by MindHacker9009(m): 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Just be honest.

Is it not when a site is under development that deveopers should be asked to join?

You just hate the site for no reason. Show us the site you have built from scratch if you have any. Even this forum is from SMF and was not built from scratch.

The OP is doing a good job and making us proud as the OP is developing a would class forum from scratch.
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by RepoMan007: 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Go to graphics market places and see many ui elements for sale. They are not real websites but are being sold in a multi million dollar market. Everybody started somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2022
RepoMan007:
Go to graphics market places and see many ui elements for sale. They are not real websites but are being sold in a multi million dollar market. Everybody started somewhere.
Wateva dude
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by RepoMan007: 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Hope u understand.
The long text was needed because I had incorporate a message of encouragement to the poster into my reply to you.

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by RepoMan007: 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Is it not when a site is under development that deveopers should be asked to join?

You just hate the site for no reason. Show us the site you have built from scratch if you have any. Even this forum is from SMF and was not built from scratch.

The OP is doing a good job and making us proud as the OP is developing a would class forum from scratch.
the OP is trying and not bad for a starter. I will advise him/her to go and scout for top rated learning materials and follow them religiously. A HTML/CSS course on YouTube that's well paced should improve his/her skills in two weeks. As time goes that need for JS will be appreciated naturally and make things easier to breakdown in future.

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by MindHacker9009(m): 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

The OP is asking for programmers to join to develop the site and not for users to join
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by RepoMan007: 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Hope u understand.
it was a vague reply and and will hardly inspire improvement on poster's side.

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by nairastatesdot: 1:30pm On Aug 20, 2022
RepoMan007:
the OP is trying and not bad for a starter. I will advise him/her to go and scout for top rated learning materials and follow them religiously. A HTML/CSS course on YouTube that's well paced should improve his/her skills in two weeks. As time goes that need for JS will be appreciated naturally and make things easier to breakdown in future.

I'm the OP and a well experienced web developer. The site is still under development, which gives me full control of how it should look, it's being built from the ground up and not just downloading and using an existing forum software. Here is the screenshot, it looks beautiful and the site is responsive too

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by RepoMan007: 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2022
nairastatesdot:

I'm the OP and a well experienced web developer. The site is still under development, which gives me full control of how it should look, it's being built from the ground up and not just downloading and using an existing forum software. Here is the screenshot, it looks beautiful and the site is responsive
commendable effort. To make it more real, use varying length of text to represent the forum topics in order to see how it performs. That is closer to a real life scenario.

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by nairastatesdot: 1:59pm On Aug 20, 2022
RepoMan007:
commendable effort. To make it more real, use varying length of text to represent the forum topics in order to see how it performs. That is closer to a real life scenario.

Thanks for your comments. The forum topics are just a placeholder for now and were hard coded as only the front-end is still being developed for now, when I get to the back-end and test topics being posted then the varying length of text will happen.
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by Londev: 3:04pm On Aug 20, 2022
Looking good

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2022
RepoMan007:

The long text was needed because I had incorporate a message of encouragement to the poster into my reply to you.

So you couldn't reply me then later reply the Op with encouragement... Seems u have issues bro
Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by RepoMan007: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

So you couldn't reply me then later reply the Op with encouragement... Seems u have issues bro
It seems to you. No qualms.

1 Like

Re: Join A Nigerian Social Media Frontend Programming Project by dodgelord: 5:36pm On Aug 20, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Peasant
loolll

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Apache And Iis Run Of The Same Machine? / C Please Help / Help With This Php Code.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.