Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) (42224 Views)

Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by donbenie(m): 5:25pm On May 02, 2022
Y
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Benwallt(m): 5:25pm On May 02, 2022
Is she from benue?
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by SEGLIZ: 5:26pm On May 02, 2022
not too good one here.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Bukden16(m): 5:26pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

Restaurant is lestaulant smiley
Redemption is ledempsun wink
Resistant is lesistant cheesy

But imagine her saying something like "keep listening to this radio ledio station"
grin

The MD will be like "which kind bush girl be this"?

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by plataea(f): 5:27pm On May 02, 2022
Wasn't she auditioned?..
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by dialfa: 5:29pm On May 02, 2022
decatalyst:

You no just normal at all grin

Well, I think their HR team should be fired first!

I mean, you interviewed her before giving her an appointment.

She probably spent the interview on her knees.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Slurity(m): 5:30pm On May 02, 2022
NwekeUG:
A lady lost her job as an On Air Personality (OAP), in a radio station because she has a speech problem, IGBERETV reports.

Barely one month after resumption of duty, Zainab Fakunle was laid off because she could not pronounce “R” properly. This was considered as a misconduct and hence she was laid off.

https://twitter.com/fakurizy/status/1520652082474278912?s=20&t=BpWn-plDhmvVzHVhwQUD5Q
What did the HR team get if you got fired?
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by theamazonguru(m): 5:30pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

But imagine her saying something like "keep listening to this radio ledio station"
grin

First of all,this lady is Yoruba.
The R Factor for a Yoruba is not as you just described.
I agree it's like you described for an Ibo person but not same for Yoruba.

For instance, to say Mo ri é (I saw you), one with R Factor will say ,Mo Yi é. This is the closest example I can think of.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by juman(m): 5:32pm On May 02, 2022
She could not train herself how to pronounce R correctly for thirty days?

She didnt need the job.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Sheriman(m): 5:32pm On May 02, 2022
You are listening to Brace Wedio FM 96.5
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Candidlady: 5:33pm On May 02, 2022
[s]
naija4life247:
She must be MAD. You no fit pronounce 'R', yet you want to be pronouncing rubbish into our hear drums. Go and do something else with your life and leave Olosho work wey Time Makinwa and Most Abebe dey do.

Abi,how you wan pronounce Parallelogram ?
[/s]
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by koning: 5:33pm On May 02, 2022
I bet she also has the 'H' factor. The 'SH' factor too given the fact that she is an Ibadan 'ofe' lady.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by joepepsy(m): 5:33pm On May 02, 2022
cheesy grin am rolling on the floor lol
naija4life247:
She must be MAD. You no fit pronounce 'R', yet you want to be pronouncing rubbish into our hear drums. Go and do something else with your life and leave Olosho work wey Time Makinwa and Most Abebe dey do.

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by GloriousGbola: 5:34pm On May 02, 2022
Probation period is 6 months. Unfortunately it is a big deal for that station for reasons best known to them. Someone should probably be queried as this must have somehow come out during the interview
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by bolubennie(m): 5:35pm On May 02, 2022
I know this lady
She's an OAP in a popular radio station in Ibadan

Virtually everyone loves the radio programmes she anchor. To me, her "R" Factor is even one of the reasons why some enjoy the programmes.

'Eleha Zainabu', as popularly called by her favourite male colleague, it is well with you.
Better job ahead.
Eat your Id-el Fitr meat jejely like nothing happened.
Cheers!

8 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Goodzinny: 5:36pm On May 02, 2022
Didn't the HR manager discover this on time?
Some jobs are very selective. For example a short man cannot be a goal keeper. Though they would have allowed her to be in the editing section.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by friendlyadvice: 5:37pm On May 02, 2022
NwekeUG:
A lady lost her job as an On Air Personality (OAP), in a radio station because she has a speech problem, IGBERETV reports.

Barely one month after resumption of duty, Zainab Fakunle was laid off because she could not pronounce “R” properly. This was considered as a misconduct and hence she was laid off.

https://twitter.com/fakurizy/status/1520652082474278912?s=20&t=BpWn-plDhmvVzHVhwQUD5Q

grin no go learn English well u hear? afonja oshi
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by laughitall(m): 5:38pm On May 02, 2022
decatalyst:

You no just normal at all grin

I mean, you interviewed her before giving her an appointment.
No .. they might not notice the R ish

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by IbotNugida(m): 5:39pm On May 02, 2022
My chemistry mistress in those days had the same problem. It was funny whenever she needed the class monitor by name Hillary.
She would be like "Hillaly bollow me your luler"

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by joyandfaith: 5:40pm On May 02, 2022
NwekeUG:

If she is rich, she can buy the radio station.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by abobote: 5:40pm On May 02, 2022
Good Samaritans will come to aid and offer her better job, before one week. Abi she no be girl again?
I have same issue, coz of my gap teeth, I can't pronounce some words properly
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Olam09(m): 5:41pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

But imagine her saying something like "keep listening to this leydio station"
grin

What about Chinese who pronounce brown as blown?
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:43pm On May 02, 2022
That's not the R factor she's talking about though. that's how Igbo pronounce R generally
Hezzyluv:
Chai

grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Originalsly: 5:44pm On May 02, 2022
decatalyst:

No doubt! ... but I think it has to do with another matter. She was already on the air minus R ... is it only after Ramadan they noticed?
She has to be very local to see nothing wrong in being an OAP but cannot pronounce R.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Pocketnews: 5:44pm On May 02, 2022
Eyyah.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by ogelekpomgam(m): 5:45pm On May 02, 2022
naija4life247:

Palarreroglam. angry

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by minasu190: 5:45pm On May 02, 2022
naija4life247:

paallelogam
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

grin

The MD will be like "w hich kind bush girl be this"?

nahh hers might be westurwant. Les is mostly among igbos cause of their accent.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by JimmyfixDesigns: 5:47pm On May 02, 2022
Apart from my Anambra people, thier mother tongue won't allow them call R properly. Lanre is Lanle, Radio is Laydio. But there's no excuse for those pronouncing Screen as Scleam. Nahhh

In the Yoruba setting, it's parental negligence when someone pronounces R as har-wu. Road is wrh-oad. Bread is bed or bu-hed.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by 5thcolm(m): 5:48pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

grin

No what you talking about.
It's more like when you for example pronounce three but kind of sound like thwee. I have it and it's no big deal, some people actually like the sound it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 To N-power Beneficiaries Today, Says Minister / When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! / Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.