Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,354 members, 7,836,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) (42284 Views)

Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by TempleHouse: 6:18pm On May 02, 2022
lexy2014:

Which value did she not add?
We tune to several stations in our mobile phone daily and listeners can switch off quickly and this will affect ratings and audience.

The Station Manager check the audiences in every programme and if her ratings is poor,what do you expect

Thus the reasons most of the Presenters begged the audience to share and liked !
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:20pm On May 02, 2022
Wahala be like bicycle.

Well for a start, I'd like to know the name of the radio station.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by jclassiq(m): 6:20pm On May 02, 2022
She probably pronounces it like the way Naira Marley does.
To those who think she substitutes "L" for "R", that's hardly the case for Yoruba people; that one is a problem for Ibos.
Yorubas have their own peculiar problem. If you want to know what I mean just listen to naira Marley pronounce "R". It sounds more like /gh/. For instance they want to pronounce /r'ead/ but it sounds like /gh'ead/. Or thier /nige'r'ia/ sounds like /naiji'gh'ia/. Most Yoruba people have it.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by voucher(f): 6:21pm On May 02, 2022
Maybe she’s tongue tied
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by MNDY(m): 6:22pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

Restaurant is lestaulant smiley
Redemption is ledempsun wink
Resistant is lesistant cheesy

But imagine her saying something like "keep listening to this leydio station"
grin

The MD will be like "which kind bush girl be this"?

It may not be as extreme as that.
Maybe na:
- Westauwant
- Wedemption
- Wesistant

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 6:22pm On May 02, 2022
TempleHouse:

We tune to several stations in our mobile phone daily and listeners can switch off quickly and this will affect ratings and audience.

The Station Manager check the audiences in every programme and if her ratings is poor,what do you expect

Thus the reasons most of the Presenters begged the audience to share and liked !

You still haven't told me the value she specifically didn't add
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 6:24pm On May 02, 2022
Emilokoiyawon:

Strange, since you did not correct this guy below whose unwarranted tribalism I was responding to. Which tells me you yourself are a diehard flat_headed tribalist pretending to be level-headed. Take your flat_headed nonsense off my mentions.

Feel free to correct him if u are any different from him. Or are u any different from him? So now that I have mentioned u, what are u going to do about it?

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by tiswell(m): 6:24pm On May 02, 2022
She is not alone, one 'freshman" who is also an OAP in the east is also affected but that doesn't stop him from effectively carrying out his radio functions.

These ones are hypocrites!
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by toxtimmy: 6:26pm On May 02, 2022
Do you understand english is not your language?... learing emglush is a choice sometimes with economic implication... if i were you maybe you sho7ld mske fun of your parents and grand parents fot their very poor english.

Only black Africa were people judge a human being by the type of english dem dey speak... the sad part is this same people go hire a gate man when no Sabi speak english and entrust their life and family life to this gateway to keep safe

Hezzyluv:
Chai

grin

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by babaalagbo11(m): 6:26pm On May 02, 2022
This is not right,I think there was an interview before she got the job
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Emilokoiyawon: 6:28pm On May 02, 2022
lexy2014:

Feel free to correct him if u are any different from him. Or are u any different from him? So now that I have mentioned u, what are u going to do about it?

Your head is too flat for you to have sense.

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by sript: 6:29pm On May 02, 2022
Lol. To think I know of a of a girl who was intentionally pronouncing "R" as 'W"...not that she has deficiency...

Perhaps, she likes the way those with the deficiency pronounce such letter...

For my mind I go sey.. which Kain ODE be dis,, trying to form phonetic angry
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Udemzy05: 6:29pm On May 02, 2022
Make she just apply for pigin radio station.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 6:29pm On May 02, 2022
Emilokoiyawon:

Your head is too flat for you to have sense.

Since you have sense, Feel free to correct him if u are any different from him. Or are u any different from him? So now that I have mentioned u, what are u going to do about it?

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 6:30pm On May 02, 2022
babaalagbo11:
This is not right,I think there was an interview before she got the job

God bless
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by bmdmix10: 6:32pm On May 02, 2022
Formularcr7:
Urbbish or how will you pronounce rubbish?
u bbish which will sound like you bitch

Lol
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by LIGHTROOM: 6:38pm On May 02, 2022
Eeeee

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Nahunger(m): 6:40pm On May 02, 2022
Harry00:
who never fvck up hands in the air no hands.

Stop using this nonsense lines to justify things that are not ideal
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 6:42pm On May 02, 2022
You cannot want to be a footballer, while been a bilateral amputee ........... cheesy

She should look for a job, that does not wequire her voice .......... cheesy
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by sonofElElyon: 6:44pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

grin

That's not her defect !!! It's just R. And she pronounces R as "arh".. she's yoruba not ibo

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by TempleHouse: 6:54pm On May 02, 2022
lexy2014:

You still haven't told me the value she specifically didn't add
The pronounciation distorts beautiful presentation of programs which is akin to non performance because her ratings between 1-10 could fetch her btw 4-6.

Any ratings below 8 is not acceptable because some presenters had 9-10 ratings.

The Manager has a duty in his hands to decide if it’s okay to accept lower ratings and wield his axe.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by scally11: 7:02pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

grin

You know you are right.
I remember when i was in Oau, two guys were fighting over one girl like that for Awolowo Hall and before you know it, three front teeth of one the fighters don removed and the fourth one was shaking. We took them to common room to narrate what led to the fight and possibly give them MSS Maximum shi shi only for the guy with the lost teeth to say, " they gave me shiis funchess meaning six punches.
Na so we burst laughter saying thank God you are not in English department, you would have been saying i want to register for yiiingiiistic instead of Linguistics.
R factor is bad. Request will be liiinquest.
Right will be light. My friend, na your mouth do u oo

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Picker28: 7:03pm On May 02, 2022
Anambra pple will understand
Eg rice as lice
grin grin
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Backlaw406(m): 7:04pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

grin

Your assumption and claimed of pronouncing R as L is wrong, have you ever heard of people that have problem of pronouncing R speaking before because I can't understand why you would said they pronounce R as L.

They don't pronounce R as L, it just that the R sound will miss from their speech. For instance. Resistant will be pronounced as Esistant, the R sound will be m
issed. Radio will be Adio.

If you think I'm wrong, I'm stand to be corrected.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Pzpropertylimit(m): 7:06pm On May 02, 2022
Oyibo people can't pronounce Gbenga . So it's a universal problem
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Justiceleague1: 7:06pm On May 02, 2022
"... doesn't know how to...

Imagine this from a whole supposed broadcaster grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by shantti(m): 7:10pm On May 02, 2022
Greatzeus:

You are completely wrong,replace the "L" with "W".
L is for those with Igbo accent,not those who can't pronounce R.
I know because I am like that too. I tried to correct it when I got into the university. I started reading loud and recording it,then I will replay it,I discovered that I pronounce words like room as woom,great as gweat,treat as tweat.
I started being conscious of it and tried to correct it,I think I made progress,but later I was like f* ck it,na who that one help.

Recording your own voice is a great hack. The first time I recorded my voice, I shock. I sounded too igbotic and too fast and I realized why people were always saying eh? eh? anytime I spoke. Am working on it now.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Backlaw406(m): 7:11pm On May 02, 2022
Greatzeus:

You are completely wrong,replace the "L" with "W".
L is for those with Igbo accent,not those who can't pronounce R.
I know because I am like that too. I tried to correct it when I got into the university. I started reading loud and recording it,then I will replay it,I discovered that I pronounce words like room as woom,great as gweat,treat as tweat.
I started being conscious of it and tried to correct it,I think I made progress,but later I was like f* ck it,na who that one help.
Exactly, he got it wrong.

In my own view, I think the R sound will be missed, isn't it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

200 Thousand Minimum Wage Breakdown By Chatgpt / What Is The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman With Kids? / Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.