Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) (42222 Views)

Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / Nigerian Lady Loses Job Offer Because She Has A Big Tummy (Photo) / Lady Loses A Job Because She Celebrated On Facebook (Lesson To All) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Nonexisting: 5:48pm On May 02, 2022
I thought this was Anambra people's problem, never knew it affected Hausa people too. The hardest job you can give an Anambra person even if he is a professor is ask him to say parallelogram. There was this joke that they drank the R-L factor from Anambra river. grin
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by ednut1(m): 5:50pm On May 02, 2022
lies. how did you get the job in the first place. Any thing to trend

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by isahsalee: 5:50pm On May 02, 2022
Rod - lod, ipob problem. Sorry, try again.
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by sarrshoe: 5:51pm On May 02, 2022
Sorwy
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by tunwumi: 5:51pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

Restaurant is lestaulant smiley
Redemption is ledempsun wink
Resistant is lesistant cheesy

But imagine her saying something like "keep listening to this leydio station"
grin

The MD will be like "which kind bush girl be this"?

I suspect you the MD

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by ppogba: 5:52pm On May 02, 2022
Unfortunately for this mumu, she was REALLY loved at her first radio station.. Till date, listeners are still asking after her thinking she went to further her education.

Lesson:
* Never overate yourself in life.
* Look before you leap else you jump inside hot ororo.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Princerichi0(m): 5:52pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

grin

grin grin cheesy
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by TempleHouse: 5:57pm On May 02, 2022
There’s no sentiment for a Manager to axe employees if there’s no value added to the objective of the organisation.

Get on with your life and stop moaning!

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by West2019(m): 5:59pm On May 02, 2022
Buh you can pronunce Bleep abi .
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by GentlePEACE: 6:03pm On May 02, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
She has a speech defect which can be rectified, she also knows it could be used against her yet she refused to help herself instead started typing nonsense on twitter thereby further putting an X on her back in the eyes of other radio station HR's who might want to help her as a favour.. I think I believe her sack letter more than her story

How can she help herself

Having R deficiency is something of tongue from birth
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 6:03pm On May 02, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
She has a speech defect which can be rectified, she also knows it could be used against her yet she refused to help herself instead started typing nonsense on twitter thereby further putting an X on her back in the eyes of other radio station HR's who might want to help her as a favour.. I think I believe her sack letter more than her story

How can the speech defect be corrected? Which HR will help her? Aren't they the ones that typed her sack letter?
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Kennydoc(m): 6:03pm On May 02, 2022
naija4life247:
She must be MAD. You no fit pronounce 'R', yet you want to be pronouncing rubbish into our hear drums. Go and do something else with your life and leave Olosho work wey Time Makinwa and Most Abebe dey do.

Abi,how you wan pronounce Parallelogram ?

So says a man with 'H' factor. Hear drums indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 6:04pm On May 02, 2022
TempleHouse:
There’s no sentiment for a Manager to axe employees if there’s no value added to the objective of the organisation.

Get on with your life and stop moaning!

Which value did she not add?
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by advanceDNA: 6:04pm On May 02, 2022
I remember wale from primary 5..
teacher: wale what is the answer
wale: 333.33 meters
the whole class laugh for almost 3 minites

wale couldn't pronounce R well....
till we left primary school...
life was hell for wale...
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Pimine: 6:05pm On May 02, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Chai

grin

Aswearugaaad

You're wrong bro. The R factor is when you pronounce R as W. For instance, Precious would be Pweshious. Role would be Wole. Round would be Wound.

This is discrimination and she needs to sue their ass.

NB: Some people find it cute cos people with the R factor are quite rare.

Modified: I also have the R factor wink some people say I can't even pronounce my name properly cos it has an R in it. I don swear say I no go give my kids any name wet get R inside except my first son who must take my name sha.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 6:07pm On May 02, 2022
NwekeUG:
A lady lost her job as an On Air Personality (OAP), in a radio station because she has a speech problem, IGBERETV reports.

Barely one month after resumption of duty, Zainab Fakunle was laid off because she could not pronounce “R” properly. This was considered as a misconduct and hence she was laid off.

https://twitter.com/fakurizy/status/1520652082474278912?s=20&t=BpWn-plDhmvVzHVhwQUD5Q

Let's see if her radio station can sack buhari for pronouncing people feeple. These clowns can't fight injustice but are quick to oppress ordinary nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Edipet(m): 6:07pm On May 02, 2022
My own is 'g'., I don learn tire,,.. pronouncing glass as class, or klass
Goal as coal or koal
Gate as Kate
Get as ket
A lot of people have problem of g and k, it takes someone who is good at phonetic to identify them
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by AngelicBeing: 6:07pm On May 02, 2022
naija4life247:
She must be MAD. You no fit pronounce 'R', yet you want to be pronouncing rubbish into our hear drums. Go and do something else with your life and leave Olosho work wey Time Makinwa and Most Abebe dey do.

Hahaha, palalleloglam, ladio, delivelance, lubbish, lun, labbit, Lussia, shocked
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 6:08pm On May 02, 2022
Emilokoiyawon:

Rather the poor girl made the foolish mistake of hanging around people who pronounce R as L. This people are easily indentifiable by the flatness of their cursed skulls.

You guys unfortunately have made a simple issue an ethnic issue. You are only exposing your own mental deficiencies. Some people pronounce R as W. Instead of saying sorry, they sowwy

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by TempleHouse: 6:09pm On May 02, 2022
ppogba:
Unfortunately for this mumu, she was REALLY loved at her first radio station.. Till date, listeners are still asking after her thinking she went to further her education.

Lesson:
She can go back and try her luck!
She might be considered again if she maintain a good relationship with the staff.
It’ is better to fail than not trying in the first place....
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 6:09pm On May 02, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, palalleloglam, ladio, delivelance, lubbish, lun, labbit, Lussia, shocked

In her own case, R will be pronounced as W
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by lexy2014: 6:11pm On May 02, 2022
Nonexisting:
I thought this was Anambra people's problem, never knew it affected Hausa people too. The hardest job you can give an Anambra person even if he is a professor is ask him to say parallelogram. There was this joke that they drank the R-L factor from Anambra river. grin

How is Zainab Fakunle Hausa? It's just a shame u can't even tell what part of the country she's from& u making the issue an ethnic issue

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Funkybabee(f): 6:11pm On May 02, 2022
It's well

It's for a bigger glory dear

U didn't create yourself

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by advanceDNA: 6:12pm On May 02, 2022
ednut1:
lies. how did you get the job in the first place. Any thing to trend

haba..people get jobs without interview naaa..
internal person's can refer..na Nigeria naaa

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by samuelson06(m): 6:13pm On May 02, 2022
naija4life247:

You sef can't do without the "h" word. A pot calling a kettle black!

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by ednut1(m): 6:13pm On May 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

haba..people get jobs without interview naaa..
internal person's can refer..na Nigeria naaa

so you wont hear an OAP talk before interviewing her or train her before she resumes make una dey fear God
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Pimine: 6:14pm On May 02, 2022
5thcolm:

No what you talking about.
It's more like when you for example pronounce three but kind of sound like thwee. I have it and it's no big deal, some people actually like the sound it.
Aswearugaaad

Exactly what I just told a nicca above. I have it and people find it cute. Funny enough I can't even pronounce my own name properly cos it's got an R in it grin
Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by advanceDNA: 6:16pm On May 02, 2022
ednut1:
so you wont hear an OAP talk before interviewing her or train her before she resumes make una dey fear God

they probably noticed on her first radio programme recording ...i repeat..people can get jobs without interview, especially experienced professionals.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 02, 2022
ppogba:

Lesson:
what if the pay there is very small? We all want growth and advancement in life. Don't blame her, but wish her the best.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Her OAP Job For Having A Speech Problem (Photo) by Bahamas95(m): 6:18pm On May 02, 2022
I don't think the issue here is her using "L" in place of "R"......Maybe the "R" is sounding like "W". Many people have that problem, it's not that serious.

Run for your life when you see people that pronounce........

BREAD as BLEAD. grin

BLOOD as BROOD

CLEAN as CREAN

RUB as LUB

CLUB as CRUB .........ETC grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 To N-power Beneficiaries Today, Says Minister / When Your Degree No Longer Guarantees Success! / Travelling To Canada And Starting A Pure Water Business In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.