Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,986 members, 7,828,486 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 (16701 Views)

Photos Of The Collapsed Ebute Metta Building Before Collapse / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Hits 45 / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 36 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by Acidbath: 11:31am On May 02, 2022
If Lebanese or Chinese no put hand, e go collapse.
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by EYESofHORUS: 11:33am On May 02, 2022
Sir i disagree. Even buildings before 1960 dey ebute-metta wey Putin missile no fit pull down. This is a total failure to do what is right. Like someone said, a serious government should take down all those funny structures and restore sanity back to my beloved ebute-metta.

Jokerman:
All these old houses should either be sold or given to developers to reconstruct or rebuild...

Don't expect s house built in 1960 to stand OK to this day
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by pozehnani(f): 11:36am On May 02, 2022
Sad mehn..
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:38am On May 02, 2022
God have mercy oo

1 Like

Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by yumlalosti: 11:38am On May 02, 2022
God! Anyway
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:40am On May 02, 2022
Decongest Lagos
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by JoeEeL(m): 11:56am On May 02, 2022
NOwazobia:
Another one.

Shey na only Lagos Waka come?

I fear if Tinubu finally take over as a president, this is how we will be have collapse building allover the country.

Agberolism youth empowerment.

I no be Tinubu fan but ur own sef don too much.
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by Cutehector(m): 12:02pm On May 02, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Decongest Lagos
cool
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by Sleekfingers: 12:14pm On May 02, 2022
EYESofHORUS:
Make i yarn you as a bonafide ebute-metta breed, dating back to july 18th 2006, about the first building collapse i know of on Bola by Ibadan street, i can confidently tell you that subseqent collapse structures were built between 2004 to 2022. Those are structures under 20yrs. Will you say they are old?

This particular building, i gues it was constructed around 2004- or 2005. I am not too sure. I only know that the landlord of my mums shop was residing in the bungalow that was on the land before it was redevelop.

Those structures are extremely design and constructed to fail. I remember my dad once told me that all this building will start coming down max 15yrs because of the extremely poor mode of construction, substandard materials and low technical know-how, and yes, the old man was damn right.

That year, those developers were kings,. They owe suppliers, workers and also intending tenants. They collect money from different people for a flat and yet none of them will still get the flat. They will use their money to develop the house, increase rent far more than the agreed rent, and those people will have to forfeit their cash or wait till eternity to get refund.

Landlords of those years, gave their old solid buildings to developers to manage which the will be demolish and 3- storey building of extremely failed structure to be manage by him as agreed for 15years or more will be constructed. By then, thats if the structure lives to see 15yrs, the structure is already dilapidated or collapsed. The developer smiled to bank while landlord cry and continue crying after those years.

The face-me and slap you i grew up in was given to developer in 2014 and i can tell u the building is already a shadow of itself. Another structure intending to collapse is on Oloto by Herbert macaulay. Mehn, i was shocked one day when i saw them fixing column to brace the dead building. This same oloto street, about 2 buildings have already gone down.

Untill when we the citizen get rid of our greed, we cannot move forward.

Loads of such buildings are prevalent in Ebute meta (east) and lagos Island ......The government need to do something about all these useless buildings.

3 Likes

Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by Emmanuel909090: 12:16pm On May 02, 2022
Ah, we need inspect quality of materials used in construction.
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by HltSong: 12:28pm On May 02, 2022
We afonja people don't know how 2 build house. shocked
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by elhafeez(m): 12:35pm On May 02, 2022
A national embarrassment. The Buhari government has done nothing meaningful to the construction industry. No month goes by without a building collapsing in one part of thei country. The senators and reps keep creating Agencies and institutions but haven't passed laws to sanitise the construction industry. What a shame.
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by poiZon: 12:39pm On May 02, 2022
Papichulostunne:
Now who do we blame for this?

A) The engineer who built the place knowing how the foundation is.

B) The stupid block sellers that mix one back of cement with almost half a trip of sand.

C) The landlord who ought to know better as to perform routine maintenance from time to time..

D) The devil.

E) Non of the above.
I'm not sure blocks really play a part in storey building collapse..

Storey building needs good and solid foundation and strong. Pillars, blocks is just for partitions and covering of outer walls..

The weight of the building is on the pillars and foundation not blocks

2 Likes

Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by Arielle: 12:42pm On May 02, 2022
Nigerians are unbelievably callous!!!
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by Papichulostunne(m): 3:20pm On May 02, 2022
poiZon:

I'm not sure blocks really play a part in storey building collapse..

Storey building needs good and solid foundation and strong. Pillars, blocks is just for partitions and covering of outer walls..

The weight of the building is on the pillars and foundation not blocks

https://gazettengr.com/ebute-meta-building-tenants-given-quit-notice-before-collapse-caretaker/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by Bbbw: 4:34pm On May 02, 2022
Shocking
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by drmuchin: 5:16pm On May 02, 2022
More deaths loading
Corruption continue killing Nigeria
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by Kayharry(m): 6:16pm On May 02, 2022
Now 10
Re: Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8 by Teenaira: 7:09pm On May 02, 2022
Papichulostunne:
Now who do we blame for this?

A) The engineer who built the place knowing how the foundation is.

B) The stupid block sellers that mix one back of cement with almost half a trip of sand.

C) The landlord who ought to know better as to perform routine maintenance from time to time..

D) The devil.

E) Non of the above.

Unh .... Let me guess.
D) The Devil
seems most appropriate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aluminium Composite Panel At Wholesale Price.(pictures) / Deep Gully Erosion In Idah LGA, Kogi State (Photos) / 3 Bedroom Flat And Duplex To Let/lease At Majek,ajah (Pics attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.