Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) (44709 Views)

Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by GreatAxeMan: 12:50pm On May 02, 2022
I actually read a consumer report that cars fitted with Honda engines record the lowest rate of engine failure and they have the greatest longevity as long as the owner does routine maintenance, preferably it should be dealership maintenance.
Japanese cars on the whole are far better and more superior to American and European cars.

Gravatar:
I usually avoid threads like this, filled with "beer parlor" information from ignorant and uninformed people, but I have time this morning, na bank holiday here.

Sometimes e good to apply common sense to everything in life first.

Toyota is overwhelmingly the most popular automaker in much of Nigeria, except for pockets in the North where its often neck and neck with or beaten by Honda, Peugeot, etc.

Applying common sense to this fact, which brand engines you feel say go full market?

If 6 of 10 vehicles on the roads are Toyota vehicles, would you expect to go to an auto parts market and 6 of 10 engines would be Honda engines? Common sense.

If 6 of 10 people own toyotas, knowing Nigerians are generally bad at vehicle maintenance, which model you feel say people go find their spare parts more? Common sense

Are Toyotas perfect? Definitely not. Specific models have specific issues. But una no dey ever tire for this "Toyotas are light" or "Toyotas are easily stolen", among several other ignorant and unsubstantiated statements?

Toyotas are in high demand all over the world. It is not a Nigerian phenomenon. The Corolla is the best selling passenger sedan worldwide for a reason, and the people that came up with that conclusion did not even factor Nigeria into their research, because how many people dey buy car brand new for Nigeria?

If toyotas are in such high demand and command relatively high prices compared to similar models in the same class, which models do you think thieves would target?

Thief wey steal Honda Civic, how much you feel say im go sell am for?

Third wey vandalize Honda Accord parts like ECU, window switches, Entertainment system, how much e go sell am for?

Why that thief no go target Toyota instead?

Common sense.

Whenever you wan claim say Toyotas dey light, get online and find the gross weight of the model, and compare it with the gross weight of a similar non-Toyota in the same category. You may find that the Toyota may be lighter or heavier than the other model. The point is, enlighten yourself with facts, not what Monsuru mechanic said after 6 bottles.

If person begin analyse all the ignorance fueled information on this page, e go be full time job, I already have one of those, so I no do.

If after this, common sense still no wan enter your head, my brother or sister, carry go.

12 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Kirkman: 12:52pm On May 02, 2022
Golan007:
Na real mechanic type that statement.

grin
I had to abort reading that post. I was already getting symptoms of an incoming headache.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Udemzy05: 12:52pm On May 02, 2022
Gravatar:
I usually avoid threads like this, filled with "beer parlor" information from ignorant and uninformed people, but I have time this morning, na bank holiday here.

Toyota is overwhelmingly the most popular automaker in much of Nigeria, except for pockets in the North where its often neck and neck with or beaten by Honda, Peugeot, etc.

Applying common sense to this fact, which brand engines you feel say go full market?

If 6 of 10 vehicles on the roads are Toyota vehicles, would you expect to go to an auto parts market and 6 of 10 engines would be Honda engines? Common sense.

If 6 of 10 people own toyotas, knowing Nigerians are generally bad at vehicle maintenance, which model you feel say people go find their spare parts more? Common sense

Are Toyotas perfect? Definitely not. Specific models have specific issues. But una no dey ever tire for this "Toyotas are light" or "Toyotas are easily stolen", among several other ignorant and unsubstantiated statements?

Toyotas are in high demand all over the world. It is not a Nigerian phenomenon. The Corolla is the best selling passenger sedan worldwide for a reason, and the people that came up with that conclusion did not even factor Nigeria into their research, because how many people dey buy car brand new for Nigeria?

If toyotas are in such high demand and command relatively high prices compared to similar models in the same class, which models do you think thieves would target?

Third wey vandalize Honda Accord parts like ECU, window switches, Entertainment system, how much e go sell am for?

Common sense.

Whenever you wan claim say Toyotas dey light, get online and find the gross weight of the model, and compare it with the gross weight of a similar non-Toyota in the same category. You may find that the Toyota may be lighter or heavier than the other model. The point is, enlighten yourself with facts, not what Monsuru mechanic said after 6 bottles.

If person begin analyse all the ignorance fueled information on this page, e go be full time job, I already have one of those, so I no do.

If after this, common sense still no wan enter your head, my brother or sister, carry go.

It still doesn't dispute the fact , whether you have more Toyota than honda on the road.

At least honda is still the second best according to Nigerians or you think these guys just purposely don't maintain their engine ?

6 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 02, 2022
OfficialDJ:
he's here again - unfailingly.

Aggressively defending his beloved Toyota in the hopes of getting an ambassadorial position with his beat up contraption, a Toyota 2003 corolla.

Sad boy!

He presented verifiable fact, you presented assumptions and beer parlor gossip, yet he is the sad boy?
The forum needs an enema.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Okunga: 12:53pm On May 02, 2022
OfficialDJ:
he's here again - unfailingly.

Aggressively defending his beloved Toyota in the hopes of getting an ambassadorial position with his beat up contraption, a Toyota 2003 corolla.

Sad boy!

Shut up and learn.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Keji1012(m): 12:53pm On May 02, 2022
Bobbyjay001:
I have never used a car in my life but planning to get one in the nearest future.

I have been planning to myself a Toyota car but the reviews I get on this wonderful brand is scary.

Check the pictures below and read reviews as per these cars' engine and give your honest opinions/reviews.

Honda and Toyota owners, o we to you.

I have a Toyota Corolla 2006 sport and a Honda Civic 2008 both being use for Uber and bolt by myself.

I can tell u that Honda is better than Toyota cos Toyota is overhyped coupled with the fact that the spare parts are expensive only if u can even get an original one wey KAZEEM MECHANIC never worked on and sell to you as Belgium.

Toyota might be rugged than Honda a little bit but Honda spare parts are cheap and affordable compared to Toyota.

Honda is better than Toyota is my point .

26 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Udemzy05: 12:54pm On May 02, 2022
foryourminding:
Toyota (and their luxury brand Lexus) is the most reliable car brand in the world, and the most popular.

Anything that will make a Toyota spoil, that means another brand like Honda, Mercedes or BMW will break into 10,000 pieces.

Toyota cars are in high demand due to reliability, efficiency and ease. So what spare parts do you think the buyers of these cars will use in repairing their cars? Definitely not a Honda or Porsche or Rolls Royce. They will use a Toyota.

Very funny post.
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Adejuwonhis(m): 12:55pm On May 02, 2022
Honda engine over engine wey no fit burn gasket as soon as u change the gasket like dis he go dey sound like grinding machine,,, engine dat can not be repair Omoh I no mention name oo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:55pm On May 02, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Omo both Toyota and Honda sef no be my taste grin grin grin

I wan hustle well well make I obtain Lexus...

You want to tell me you don't know that Lexus is Toyota?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Room123: 12:55pm On May 02, 2022
Hondas have the problem of their wheels pulling out while in motion..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by dadabashua1(m): 12:59pm On May 02, 2022
I will stick to the topic...and my answer is a world wide accepted facts...HONDA MAKES BETTER ENGINES THAN TOYOTA..simple and short.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by ednut1(m): 1:01pm On May 02, 2022
There are still many toyota pencil 2001 on the road. Can you say the same for honda baby boy 2001 Toyota is more durable

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by ChristineC: 1:01pm On May 02, 2022
SambankmanFried:
well i have used lots of hondas
their engines are mad
i once drove a pilot from uyo 5am to lagos, got to lagos ibadan traffic by 7pm stayed in the traffic till 12 in the night - saw tundras and big suvs overheating in the traffic
but this honda (07) pilot got to the house in lagos by 1am in the night and water and everything sounding like it did not just run for a whole day shocked shocked
you saw a tundra overheating in traffic? grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Kobicove(m): 1:02pm On May 02, 2022
I will choose a Toyota over a Honda any day!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 02, 2022
Those cars are not normal like this type of vehicle use toyota sirena you will see a favor I once traval from uyo by 8:30pm i land at abuja around 7:30pm the same day It take 11hr

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by seunny4lif(m): 1:03pm On May 02, 2022
Toyota is the best and it’s easy to maintain.
I think Nissa is ahead of Honda.
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Exkandayee(m): 1:03pm On May 02, 2022
F
Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by AbduI05: 1:03pm On May 02, 2022
Techsupport:

He presented verifiable fact, you presented assumptions and beer parlor gossip, yet he is the sad boy?
The forum needs an enema.

Lol officiaIdj is a well known cartalk troll

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Famahzing: 1:03pm On May 02, 2022
No lies Honda is bae but the problem na that him ball joint matter, I use an Acura TL and I gotta say even though living in an area where motor parts are expensive the Acura parts are still pretty much affordable. Honda and Acura are for managing guys like us cos the cruise in it is dope and the parts are madly cheap since everyone don decide to join the Toyota band wagon.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Kobicove(m): 1:03pm On May 02, 2022
dadabashua1:
I will stick to the topic...and my answer is a world wide accepted facts...HONDA MAKES BETTER ENGINES THAN TOYOTA..simple and short.

If truly they make better engine then why is it that Toyota sells more cars? undecided

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by cdoffx(m): 1:03pm On May 02, 2022
I drove my accord from Abeokuta to Lagos last week with loud sound like the engine want to tear apart at some point still did as much as 100+km/h and the car still made it to Lagos. When engine was opened up one or two metal bearings had detached completely grinding within the engine all along. It was a miracle the car got to Lagos but then such miracles only happen with a Honda engine.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by ChristineC: 1:03pm On May 02, 2022
Keji1012:

I have a Toyota Corolla 2006 sport and a Honda Civic 2008 both being use for Uber and bolt by myself.

I can tell u that Honda is better than Toyota cos Toyota is overhyped coupled with the fact that the spare parts are expensive only if u can even get an original on wey KAZEEM MECHANIC never worked on and sell to you as Belgium.

Toyota might be rugged than Honda a little bit but Honda spare parts are cheap and affordable compared to Toyota.

Honda is better than Toyota is my point .
I'm sure you did very well in dabates at high school shocked

7 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by LaSenior: 1:03pm On May 02, 2022
nairaman66:
Honda cars beat Toyota in every way.

The only drawback in Honda cars is just the legs which they have rectified from 0/12 upwards.
na lie ooo honda even latest models dey pull legs .... Honda crosstour and zdx dey pull legs

Honda is Better than Toyota in times of performance but durability Toyota dey flog am wella

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by arantess: 1:04pm On May 02, 2022
Gravatar:

Common sense.

Apparently common sense is not so common

3 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by jimtemi1: 1:05pm On May 02, 2022
foryourminding:
There is a reason why you will see only Toyota when push comes to shove eg during a war, both military and terrorist use Toyota. Anywhere in the world.

Toyota (and their luxury brand Lexus) is the most reliable car brand in the world, and the most popular.

Anything that will make a Toyota spoil, that means another brand like Honda, Mercedes or BMW will break into 10,000 pieces.

Toyota cars are in high demand due to reliability, efficiency and ease. So what spare parts do you think the buyers of these cars will use in repairing their cars? Definitely not a Honda or Porsche or Rolls Royce. They will use a Toyota.

2ndly, Toyota is very costly in the secondhand market because they hold their resale value.

Take for instance a Mercedes C240 of 2003 vs Toyota Corolla of 2003. One is an entry-level utility car. One is luxury car. Both are 19 years old. Both are available in the tokunbo market for 2.5m.

But while the Toyota was sold for $17,000 as brand new, the Mercedes was sold for $42,000 when it was brand new.

But today the Corolla is the same price or even surpasses the Mercedes in secondhand/tokunbo.
hmm economics teacher

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by AbduI05: 1:06pm On May 02, 2022
ChristineC:
you saw a tundra overheating in traffic? grin

That's the thing about liars, they say so many things that eventually they would forget knowledgeable people exist that can easily detect their lies grin

13 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by onecmus: 1:06pm On May 02, 2022
Thank you boss. You're so right!
Before anyone gets into this long standing debate about vehicles, do a little research of your own.
Check reviews from professionals and do your analysis.
Whichever vehicle you pick, you will find its pros and cons, engine performance, suspension, fuel efficiency, maintenance, handling and all... That's the only way you can make an informed decision.
Car manufacturers don't put their all into a single vehicle.
And they modify vehicles as they design newer models (they have to do this to stay in the market)
But Toyota vehicles sell more than some of the other Japanese brands for a reason.
Of course the more people make demands for the Toyota, it's price will go up(this na economics oh...)

Come to think of it, some 25 years ago in Nigeria, Honda was on higher demand (the Honda accord 1993 -98 aka Hala...) Before that, Peugeot 504, 505 and the rest...
People's appetites change as time passes.
Gravatar:

Common sense.

4 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by motymop: 1:06pm On May 02, 2022
Gravatar:

Common sense.

It's funny that you wrote all these long epistles without even laying one point about why toyota is better than honda.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by dadabashua1(m): 1:07pm On May 02, 2022
ednut1:
There are still many toyota pencil 2001 on the road. Can you say the same for honda baby boy 2001 Toyota is more durable
dem full north bros,even Honda hala de like sand sand,you hardly see camry 96,I think this your point is base on your location, to start with how many of dem de buy Honda? How do you expect to see something that you hardly patronize, or patronize at a low level? Come north.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by Isobug: 1:07pm On May 02, 2022
Rastaramsey:
Omo both Toyota and Honda sef no be my taste grin grin grin

I wan hustle well well make I obtain Lexus...
And you think Lexus is different from Toyota? Do a research bro

5 Likes

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by sharpwriter(m): 1:08pm On May 02, 2022
Gravatar:

Common sense.

Thank you jàre boss... Na so dem go dey yarn okpata on matters wey dem no understand.

1 Like

Re: How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) by ChristineC: 1:08pm On May 02, 2022
AbduI05:

That's the thing about liars, they say so many things that eventually they would forget knowledgeable people exist that can easily detect their lies grin
imagine praising a pilot engine where a tundra engine is being shot down.
stuff of legends.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Driver Almost Burnt Alive On 3rd Mainland Bridge / A Sheikh Had His Rolls Royce Cullinan Delivered Even Before It Was Unveiled / Innoson Supplies 10 Vehicles To Kogi State Government (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.