Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa - Programming (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (127379 Views)

ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! / My Software Engineering Journey - Alx (journal) / Alx africa vs Udemy ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Avast(m): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2022
Technerdguy:
Mehn!
The shell-permissions project was literally MAD I was insane and mentally drain yesterday.
Imagine working out your solutions throughout the day. Kai coding is hard ooo.
I was so busy that I couldn't attend the AMA session yesterday, I will watch the recorded session later today.

How were you able to deal with yesterday's tasks @Anonymous606?

PS: my git Project is refusing to be pushed to my repository and the second deadline is in 24 hours, need help pls.
AMA watin, anything that wouldn't add mark, I don't bother myself unless I have that time. Yesterday was really tough, 9am-6pm
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:08am On Jun 24, 2022
skyreacher:
I sent you my WhatsApp number and you replied by asking if that's my WhatsAppnumber and I said "Yes", yet I have not been added. I will send a follow up mail this morning. Please add me ASAP. Thank you

He added me this morning
If you have sent him an email with your number, he will add you soon, please be patient.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:11am On Jun 24, 2022
Technerdguy:
Mehn!
The shell-permissions project was literally MAD I was insane and mentally drain yesterday.
Imagine working out your solutions throughout the day. Kai coding is hard ooo.
I was so busy that I couldn't attend the AMA session yesterday, I will watch the recorded session later today.

How were you able to deal with yesterday's tasks @Anonymous606?

PS: my git Project is refusing to be pushed to my repository and the second deadline is in 24 hours, need help pls.

Lol
The AMA session is not important. Just about asking questions.

You should focus on your grades
Although started yesterday's project late but Omo
The stress no be here
The notes I made alone eh... lipsrsealed

Anyways for the git project, try this

"git push origin master"
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:20am On Jun 24, 2022
Good Morning Everyone

You know, it's quite funny but I won't begin this day with negative words

One thing that keeps me going in this program is that I see a lot of opportunities if I finish. Spoke with some senior developers and showed them alx curriculum.

They were so amazed and encouraged me to push up to the finish. one of them said, if I struggle enough to finish the first 9months but securing a job won't be a problem as long as I have my GitHub projects as a backup. IL

I read an article of a startup starting STEM courses for 2million dollars. I quickly checked out their curriculum software engineer, it was funny because it was the normal curriculum for web dev with an addition of data structures and algorithms. Keep pushing forward folks.

Now unto the struggle of alx, Omo yesterday's project really stressed me oh. I couldn't even finish it, I had to wake up by 4am to finish it. Read my note on shell again to refresh my memory.

C project is now available, I was quite surprised to see that because we're starting next week Thursday or is it Friday? But I think the reason why it is available is so we can read ahead, there's a lot of materials to read on.

2 Likes

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:26am On Jun 24, 2022
For C

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Technerdguy: 11:04am On Jun 24, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
Gawd!!
I'm so stressed out even though we haven't started C yet

Omo the shell project stressed me oh

It got to a point where all the tasks I have done on my sandbox were nowhere to be found. I tried using the sandbox on my phone and I was able but on the system, I couldn't find them.

I ended up using Termux (A terminal but the phone version) it is really good.

Copied the ssh link, and did the project. Project I started since Morning, I just finished it. I wanna close my eyes and sleep but know tomorrow's project will deal more on advance shell, I will be studying overnight.
Hi at Anonymous6o6, I just downloaded termux for Android based on your recommendation and I'm stacked on how to get it connected to my ssh.
A little guidance will help �

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2022
Technerdguy:

Hi at Anonymous6o6, I just downloaded termux for Android based on your recommendation and I'm stacked on how to get it connected to my ssh.
A little guidance will help �

Sure

Go to your dashboard, click on sandbox
Then click on ssh, it will copy ssh
Paste it on termux and press enter
It will request for a password
Go back to the sandbox, you will see the password there, copy it and paste it on termux
And you will be logged in.
Then you can change your directory

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Classic1(m): 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
Hello Anonymous,

Please Which shell should we learn, the programming or shell scripting?
I'm kinda confused on which.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2022
Classic1:
Hello Anonymous,

Please Which shell should we learn, the programming or shell scripting?
I'm kinda confused on which.

Both
You need to know the command lines and how to run shell script.

Haven't you been added to that WhatsApp group yet?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Yutes: 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Both

Any resources to learn shell
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Technerdguy: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Sure

Go to your dashboard, click on sandbox
Then click on ssh, it will copy ssh
Paste it on termux and press enter
It will request for a password
Go back to the sandbox, you will see the password there, copy it and paste it on termux
And you will be logged in.
Then you can change your directory
Thanks... its works!!!

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Ebube043: 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2022
Technerdguy:

Thanks... its works!!!
Are you running it with your phone?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 6:45pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ebube043:
Are you running it with your phone?

Yeah
You can use your phone for it
Lately, I have been using my phone for all projects
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Richardson556: 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2022
Please I'm begging brother @Anonymous6o6 I sent you an email please reply. I just got accepted for August batch please i need your help to know the prerequisite stuff i should start getting familiar with.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Chevalier(m): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2022
Can you send me the link to the WhatsApp group please?
Here's my email: omopariolajoseph4@gmail.com
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Richardson556: 8:17pm On Jun 25, 2022
please i have sent my number by email to be added to the group, but no response, Please drop the group link to make it easier to join. Thanks.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Albertone(m): 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2022
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Disneyboy: 9:53pm On Jun 25, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Both

Hello.. I just got accepted yesterday. I'll appreciate if I can be added to the whatsapp group...

Need to prepare b4 hand... Software engineering
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by djsteplion: 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2022
I've been following this thread for over 2 weeks now. Thank you so much @ anonymous6o6 and other guys that have been contributing. You guys are inspiring.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by awesomeJ(m): 4:59am On Jun 26, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
Good evening guys

Have you ever heard of a tech school named Holberton tech school? Browse about it. They actually partnered with alx to make this program a success and we're using same curriculum with them. The whole point I'm trying to make is that it won't be EASY!!! If you browse how much students in Holberton pay then you will realize it is a huge privilege getting it for free

About USD 40,000. THAT'S N24millon for one year

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 6:13am On Jun 26, 2022
awesomeJ:

About USD 40,000. THAT'S N24millon for one year

I'm glad you made a research, we're using same curriculum with them, and when you graduate, we will be getting same certificate with them.

That's an opportunity you don't see everyday
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 6:14am On Jun 26, 2022
djsteplion:
I've been following this thread for over 2 weeks now. Thank you so much @ anonymous6o6 and other guys that have been contributing. You guys are inspiring.

We're all glad to be of help. I also learnt a lot from the people here
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 6:15am On Jun 26, 2022
Richardson556:
Please I'm begging brother @Anonymous6o6 I sent you an email please reply. I just got accepted for August batch please i need your help to know the prerequisite stuff i should start getting familiar with.

Alright
I will be reply your email now
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 6:18am On Jun 26, 2022
Disneyboy:

Hello.. I just got accepted yesterday. I'll appreciate if I can be added to the whatsapp group...

Need to prepare b4 hand... Software engineering

Someone already dropped his email (ebubechiufomba@gmail.com)

Send your WhatsApp number to him
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 6:24am On Jun 26, 2022
ALX is hard bro
It is hard!

It can get overwhelming if you don't prepare ahead. I'm just grateful to have great peers around me. To learn is not by doing the projects alone because the whole essence of the project is to check if you really understand the topic materials sent to you.

Not going to lie, but I have forgotten most of the shell permission commands, (it was quite a crazy one). I will be dedicating today to re-reading Shell and doing my C project.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Disneyboy: 8:18am On Jun 26, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Someone already dropped his email (ebubechiufomba@gmail.com)

Send your WhatsApp number to him

Alright... Done that...
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Avast(m): 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2022
Upcoming ALX students for software engineering program, read this book up to chapter 11.

Thank me later

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
Avast:
Upcoming ALX students for software engineering program, read this book up to chapter 11.

Thank me later

Bro I need it
Where do I download it
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 7:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
The past week has been quite a struggle, a number of people I know ended up quitting. Some applied for other courses alx has to offer. Not just C project but also Shell project on int, variables, O/I redirection are now accessible.

I have to confess, the C project is seriously frustrating, especially when "Betty" marks the task with error, you have to keep redoing it until you got it.

Just having the knowledge of C isn't enough to get you through the projects if you don't jot down the command lines.

Below are pictures of my script for C and after running it with Betty, it returned error.

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by VegaSlick(m): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2022
Avast:

Thank me later
Please share me the book ephraimigbinosa@gmail.com
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Avast(m): 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Bro I need it
Where do I download it

pdfdrive dot com
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by JsScript: 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
The past week has been quite a struggle, a number of people I know ended up quitting. Some applied for other courses alx has to offer. Not just C project but also Shell project on int, variables, O/I redirection are now accessible.

I have to confess, the C project is seriously frustrating, especially when "Betty" marks the task with error, you have to keep redoing it until you got it.
Good evening
Please how do I us termux on my phone, it's telling me to install openssh or dropbear, even after installing its still not working

Just having the knowledge of C isn't enough to get you through the projects if you don't jot down the command lines.

Below are pictures of my script for C and after running it with Betty, it returned error.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (41) (Reply)

Freely Download Music, Videos, And Games All In One Place / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.