Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa - Programming (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (126475 Views)

ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! / My Software Engineering Journey - Alx (journal) / Alx africa vs Udemy ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Adedotun123: 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2023
Shegzy4real:
Good day bro.Please can you share the files on c programing I am starting my Alx software engineering cohort on 17th of July.

Am also starting on the same date
Please are you in any group that can help during my program as an Alx student
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Pclemenza: 2:30am On Jul 16, 2023
Techstar:
Same here, i got admitted this morning. Thank God, someone has shared the curriculum, i will start learning C now ahead of the classes. I really need this training.
Did you complete the programme?

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Kibbs(m): 8:44am On Jul 16, 2023
Anonymous6o6 can you please help me with the resources I’ll need to read up on?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 9:30am On Jul 16, 2023
Kibbs:
Join the group, check the group description, they're all there (remove the space after https://)
https:// /EIC5zJNjFKKOqAcC5
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ChngedChnges(m): 9:32am On Jul 16, 2023
Kibbs:
Join the group, check the group description, they're all there
https://chat.whatsapp.
com/EIC5zJNjFKB3V
Join the 2 links
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Adora20: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
Please, is there a WhatsApp group for cohort 17
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Pclemenza: 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2023
Hybkay:
I'm really motivated OP. Is application still ongoing? If yes, is it free a?
I don’t think it is still free. There is a $300 application fee but log on to their website for confirmation.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:03am On Aug 08, 2023
Hi Everyone. Hi Laurel

I received your mail with questions regarding to ALX so I decided to answer it here since a lot of people might also be curious.

I wasn't among the people to graduate ALX. I deferred on my 6th month. Also, if you wanna know what I have been doing during those times, you can check my diary, but be rest assured that I have a job now.

As to the reason why I deferred, Well I felt like I wanted to focus on my stack because I really wanted a job.

He also asked regarding the ROOM. I'm currently in a WhatsApp group for my cohort on ALX and all the people who have gotten jobs did it on their own with their own skills. If you want to get a job before or after graduation, then you should be learning your own STACK at your free time.

ALX are partners with a lot of companies but when these companies come seeking for jobs in the ROOM, ALX usually try to pick the best for them. So this means people with working experience before ALX.

So don't try to limit yourself to the curriculum alone because the delusion that it will get you a job will disappoint you. Besides, you don't have enough time to learn everything in the curriculum so try to learn the ones that will help you and copy when necessary.

After graduation, everyone is currently trying to face their own stack to improve their skills and get a Job. I recently learnt ALX have another platform aside the ROOM which is called "Gold fellowship".

If you're able to enter there, there's 80% guarantee of getting a job. But the issue is that they're very strict with requirements and only 1% are accepted.

In conclusion, if you want to get a job and standout, don't limit yourself to ALX curriculum. And don't fill yourself with the delusion that hill get a job after graduation with ALX experience alone. You need to make time to hone your skill either as a frontend, backend, DevOps, Cloud, Database, or Blockchain developer.

I hope you will all understand my point without tagging to argue that "you know someone who graduated and got a job".

Good Morning

10 Likes

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Mamayam: 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2023
Anonymous6o6:
Mehn... I have been so busy that I barely have a life these days. Alx virtual assistant program just git tougher! And trying to combine both is giving me headache.

Recently, I moved my alx experience to my LinkedIn, you can check it out, I hope to connect with you all. Below is the link to my LinkedIn profile...

https: //www.linkedin.com/in/tracy-okorie-8ba64b214

You have to close in the spaces to access the link, my schedule has been too tight because of many engagement I have to follow up on. The August cohort group has been functioning so well and the group is almost filled up. They're about 500+ there now. We had a google meeting yesterday to discuss the concept of emacs, vim, shell, and the sandbox. It was a pretty interesting one.

We all agreed to follow one another on LinkedIn, Twitter and engage in each other's post. Since I started posting on LinkedIn, it's been awesome! I can't believe I ignored that app all this while.

Meanwhile, C language has been dealing with me lol but I don't intend to give up! Lately I feel like I have friends around me and it is pretty reassuring.

Hmmmmm!
You sure say no be Kobojunkie b this?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Weirdgee: 9:51am On Dec 31, 2023
Hello guys I'm new here pls how do I get started
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by helleryjoe: 12:48pm On Feb 23
Revolutionize your business operations with cutting-edge POS technology designed to drive efficiency and enhance customer satisfaction. In the fast-paced world of commerce, staying competitive means embracing the latest innovations in point-of-sale systems. These advanced solutions offer seamless integration, intuitive interfaces, and robust features to streamline transactions and optimize workflow. From inventory management to personalized customer interactions, harness the power of modern POS technology to unlock new opportunities for growth. Empower your staff with tools that simplify tasks and improve productivity, while providing customers with an exceptional shopping experience. Point of Sale refers to the location and system where goods or services are purchased and transactions are completed. Stay ahead of the curve and empower your business to thrive in today's digital landscape with cutting-edge POS technology at your fingertips.

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (Reply)

Freely Download Music, Videos, And Games All In One Place / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.