Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,363 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa - Programming (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (126991 Views)

ALX Africa Software Engineering Journey - From Zero To Hero! / My Software Engineering Journey - Alx (journal) / Alx africa vs Udemy ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 9:38am On Jul 10, 2022
Elevenn:
Good morning @Anonymous6o6, I've been following this thread & I want to thank you for what you do here. I just got accepted into the program today which will start on the 15th of next month (thanks to this thread for the Information + motivation) & I look forwards to it.

Also I tried to join the August WhatsApp group, but I got the notification that the link was refreshed. Please could you post the new link? Thanks

Use use of this one ( https: //chat.whatsapp . com/HV7Ym3W03KxIQdQNkABlX2)

Copy the link to somewhere else, close in all the spaces and it should work
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 10, 2022
Thanks, I've joined the group.
Anonymous6o6:

Use use of this one ( https: //chat.whatsapp . com/HV7Ym3W03KxIQdQNkABlX2)

Copy the link to somewhere else, close in all the spaces and it should work
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by IhateRetards: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
I have once stated here that I opened a private group with few colleagues whom I can associate with during tough projects to help one another. Well guess what? Since we started C project, the group has been dead as hell!! Only few guys have been able to keep it going but I knew it was quiet because of the difficulties of the projects. I also rarely spoke there because I usually do my projects after the first deadline which affected my score and my work has been taking too much of my time (I usually arrive home late by past cool.

But yesterday, I kept sending everyone of them a private message to know their challenges on C, we made a decision to do a Google meeting to explain all the C project from the first project. Everyone were going to participate and talk! That way, they're able to remember easily and feel the responsibility.

Because of the rain, network was shitty and it was already getting late (past 10pm), so we rescheduled the meeting to today. We shared materials for this week's projects. So that everyone can read ahead, prepare and participate in solving the task together, that way, we would be ahead.

The point I'm trying to derive from this is that, you will need your peers if you want to finish ALX!! David, who got hired by Amazon emphasized the role his peers played in helping him till he graduated.

For this week's projects, we will be starting basic data structures and algorithms. Not going to lie, I'm a bit anxious since I have heard all the hypes about data structures and algorithms but I'm also excited too.

I will love to join you guys group so I will not crash outta the program
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
IhateRetards:

I will love to join you guys group so I will not crash outta the program

What cohort are you?
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Cyberdotman: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2022
I've been following this thread for a while now and got admitted for the August 15th cohort. Please add me to the group. Thank you .
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Davidgregs(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2022
[quote author=Anonymous6o6 post=114597861]

August cohort please add me up to the group
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2022
Cyberdotman:
I've been following this thread for a while now and got admitted for the August 15th cohort. Please add me to the group. Thank you

ogunsonaadeleke @ yahoo[dot]com

Stroll up, you would see the link for the group.

Please guys, let's not derail the thread. No need to drop your numbers because the link is up there and if it isn't working, I can repost the link, please...
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Skyblazer: 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2022
I tried using the invite link but it seems it has been reset.
Please can you post a valid link.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by IhateRetards: 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

What cohort are you?

June cohort
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:18am On Jul 11, 2022
Skyblazer:
I tried using the invite link but it seems it has been reset.
Please can you post a valid link.

My apologies
I just noticed that someone keeps changing the link
This is it below

For anyone that wants to join the group, here's the link

( https: //chat.whatsapp. com/Gl5BmRzcf0NIO7SU9Dwn3M)

Copy the link to somewhere else and close in the spaces, there should be no spaces. Then you should be able to use it.

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:36am On Jul 11, 2022
Good Morning Everyone

I want to start on this note, please don't email me to add you to the group, because I usually read my emails late, so you won't think I saw your mail and ignored it.

That was why I dropped the group link here so that anyone can easily access it and join. If the link stop working, I will always resend. You might send me a mail to add you to the group and it might take days before I reply because I hardly open my mail, I hope you won't take it the wrong way, Thanks.

The week just started but my work already tripled. So I just checked my email today and saw a mail for something I applied (though I forgot I applied...lol). It was actually an internship offer but I won't be paid, when I'm done, I will be given letter of recommendation and other stuffs.

VA program also started today, will create a different thread for it.

I slept pretty late last night, was in a google meeting with my colleagues till 11:30pm before we finished. We were discussing on this week's project and how to go about it. Some of the topics we include... (Pointers, Array, Strings).

Lord!!! String in C is nowhere similar to string in python. ALX projects even gave me added to my headache yesterday grin. I had to read and watch different sources to get a comprehensive note. I was just so happy because my colleagues explained it so well, we actually shared the project tasks amongst ourselves so that each person can explain one but whoever explains it wrongly will be assisted by us.

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:36am On Jul 11, 2022
IhateRetards:

June cohort

Alright
I will message you then
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Adora20: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Alright
I will message you then

Please, I would also like to join. I am in the June cohort
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by TheTraveler: 2:50pm On Jul 11, 2022
Seems your group is active, the one I'm in, people are lefting back to back. Please add me to the group.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Yutes: 5:11pm On Jul 11, 2022
TheTraveler:
Seems your group is active, the one I'm in, people are lefting back to back. Please add me to the group.

Right it grin
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
Adora20:

Please, I would also like to join. I am in the June cohort

Mail me your number then
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
TheTraveler:

Please stroll up for the link
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2022
I have been trying to update the thread since yesterday but Nairaland serve wouldn't allow it.

I received a message from ALX SE team today, I guess the countdown for elimination has begun!(Dramatic song plays in the background)...

Another thing happened today, someone from the 3rd cohort who specialized in backend was brought in to defend his projects, I really wanted to watch the video but I was a bit late and the link was removed. In other words, whoever finishes the program by luck through "copy and paste" will have to defend the projects to prove he or she did it without copying others before being added to the "ROOM".

Lately, my group has been very quiet lol, I understand everyone is trying their best to not get eliminated, which is why I urge the August cohort to put in their best.

You just have to give in your all, just imagine for today's C project, we had to study pointers, Array, Strings and basic data structures and still finish the project in 24hrs. It is just overwhelming, which is why I keep emphasizing on studying ahead.

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ajerimitan: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
I will so much appreciate it if you can send me materials also. I am scheduled for august and I will like to study ahead. My WhatsApp number is 0 . 7 . 0 . 3 . 9 . 5 . 3 . 3 . 8 . 0 . 2 . and my email is Lion. Proof. Concept. @ yahoo. C o m.
Anonymous6o6:

Actually an ALX group was created for those that will be resuming on August. I usually post materials from alx in there. You can send your number to be added there or send me your Whatsapp number so that I will send you the materials.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by chukwuebuka65(m): 4:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
I applied and got accepted. August cohort. Welcome me guys

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2022
ajerimitan:
I will so much appreciate it if you can send me materials also. I am scheduled for august and I will like to study ahead. My WhatsApp number is 0 . 7 . 0 . 3 . 9 . 5 . 3 . 3 . 8 . 0 . 2 . and my email is Lion. Proof. Concept. @ yahoo. C o m.

You should specify the materials you need, there are a lot of materials for different projects.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Lol welcome
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by suneepet1: 10:43pm On Jul 12, 2022
Anonymous6o6:

Lol welcome

Can you please add me to the August cohorts group
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ajerimitan: 12:31am On Jul 13, 2022
I will be needing these materials please. Introduction to C.
Emacs
Basic shell commands
Vim
Thank you. I am quite used to C++ programming language.
Anonymous6o6:

You should specify the materials you need, there are a lot of materials for different projects.
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by ajerimitan: 12:37am On Jul 13, 2022
You are welcome. Catch ya in august. Till then YOLO
chukwuebuka65:
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 4:13am On Jul 13, 2022
ajerimitan:
I will be needing these materials please. Introduction to C.
Emacs
Basic shell commands
Vim
Thank you. I am quite used to C++ programming language.

Materials on C are pdf while the rest are links that will take you to the site to read

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by parkervero(m): 4:58am On Jul 13, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
Good Morning Everyone

I want to start on this note, please don't email me to add you to the group, because I usually read my emails late, so you won't think I saw your mail and ignored it.

That was why I dropped the group link here so that anyone can easily access it and join. If the link stop working, I will always resend. You might send me a mail to add you to the group and it might take days before I reply because I hardly open my mail, I hope you won't take it the wrong way, Thanks.

The week just started but my work already tripled. So I just checked my email today and saw a mail for something I applied (though I forgot I applied...lol). It was actually an internship offer but I won't be paid, when I'm done, I will be given letter of recommendation and other stuffs.

VA program also started today, will create a different thread for it.

I slept pretty late last night, was in a google meeting with my colleagues till 11:30pm before we finished. We were discussing on this week's project and how to go about it. Some of the topics we include... (Pointers, Array, Strings).

Lord!!! String in C is nowhere similar to string in python. ALX projects even gave me added to my headache yesterday grin. I had to read and watch different sources to get a comprehensive note. I was just so happy because my colleagues explained it so well, we actually shared the project tasks amongst ourselves so that each person can explain one but whoever explains it wrongly will be assisted by us.

I'm so proud of you. Your writing skill is something I admire and would like to learn for myself.

Anyway, congratulations! I believe the internship will succeed . I wonder how you gonna combine these activities that you won't be stressed out.

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2022
ajerimitan:
You are welcome. Catch ya in august. Till then YOLO

Are you august cohort? Very cool.

1 Like

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:38am On Jul 13, 2022
parkervero:

I'm so proud of you. Your writing skill is something I admire and would like to learn for myself.

Anyway, congratulations! I believe the internship will succeed . I wonder how you gonna combine these activities that you won't be stressed out.

Thank you

I usually write down my schedule and try to do them gradually
Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 8:43am On Jul 13, 2022
Good Morning everyone
Today's PLD (peer group learning), so I will make the most of it to study.

Last night was really great, I had a google meeting chatted with some of the August cohort members and it was really inspiring to see them putting efforts towards this program.

For the next google meeting, I will be bringing in one or two of my colleagues to help answer any questions you may have and also explain some of the projects.

I tried to record the session but my network kept failing me and nothing was recorded.

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by Anonymous6o6: 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2022

Re: My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa by TheTraveler: 8:45pm On Jul 13, 2022
Anonymous6o6:
Well well well... The "ROOM" is about to get hotter!!!

(https://techcrunch.com/2022/07/13/african-leadership-group-acquires-coding-school-holberton/)

Wow, this is a big move. Something hooge.

Baba, the WhatsApp link isn't working o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply)

Freely Download Music, Videos, And Games All In One Place / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming / Chronicle Of A Data Scientist/analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.