Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Can Someone Explain This To Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Someone Explain This To Me? (1547 Views)

If Bet9ja Does Not Use Jazz Can Someone Explain This Thing PHOTOS / Can Someone Explain The Feeling Of Disgust, Remorse And Disdain After Sex.? / All Her Friends Are Boys. Can Any Girl Explain This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Carcholce: 7:44pm On May 02, 2022
In the Bible, I don’t really recall the exact book/ chapters or numbers but I know there’s a verse in the Bible that says “Jesus will come like a thief in the night”

Does this mean He has been here several times?

A thief in the night cannot be seen nor noticed easily.

Educate me.
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by sript: 7:46pm On May 02, 2022
Our residents pastor over to you...

Op , does a thief inform a man the day they are coming??

Same thing applies here, Jesus said prepared cause u don't know the exact time the son of man is coming (like a thief) not even the angles....

When a man dies your Jesus has come

Be on the watch, and keep your oil burning. So don't be like the foolish virgins whose oil got finished upon waiting for the master to return

I pray, We'll not miss heaven... Heaven at last

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by MrToothBrush: 7:49pm On May 02, 2022
Over 2000 years later.....
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by OscarJaden(m): 7:51pm On May 02, 2022
Righteousness2 over to you
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Carcholce: 7:52pm On May 02, 2022
^^

grin

Why una con dey dodge the question? Is it so hard?
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by BigRocky: 7:53pm On May 02, 2022
It simply means Jesus we come unannounced like thief does.period

5 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by czarr(m): 7:53pm On May 02, 2022
Carcholce:
In the Bible, I don’t really recall the exact book/ chapters or numbers but I know there’s a verse in the Bible that says “Jesus will come like a thief in the night”

Educate me.
It means he would come suddenly...when you least expect.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:55pm On May 02, 2022
1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

"like a thief in the night" is just referring to an unexpected, sudden and surprising happening of an event

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 02, 2022
@OP no vex say i wan also ask.

When Jesus said no one including him, knows the time he will come back except God in heaven,... Since Jesus is also God from the trinity, does that mean he as God don't know when he will come? Also if he's GOD, Who does he pray to in heaven? Abeg this trinity stuff is confusing as Bleep
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Carcholce: 8:05pm On May 02, 2022
czarr:
It means he would come suddenly...when you least expect.

It still doesn’t make sense.

A thief does not come in the night to stay, but from what we have been thought about the second coming of Christ, It says He is coming to stay.(correct me if I am wrong)

I’ll ask again, is he coming like a thief in the night to stay and unveil himself to every mankind or Will he come in the night and only the worthy few will see and know him or No one will know He came, just like a thief comes in the night and disappears before morning.
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Carcholce: 8:06pm On May 02, 2022
MaDaRa01:

When Jesus said no one including him, knows the time he will come back except God in heaven,... Since Jesus is also God from the trinity, does that mean he as God don't know when he will come? Also if he's GOD, Who does he pray to in heaven? Abeg this trinity stuff is confusing as Bleep

Please don’t confuse my confusion. grin
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 02, 2022
Carcholce:

It still doesn’t make sense.

A thief does not come in the night to stay, but from what we have been thought about the second coming of Christ, It says He is coming to stay.(correct me if I am wrong)

I’ll ask again, is he coming like a thief in the night to stay and unveil himself to every mankind or Will he come in the night and only the worthy few will see and know him or No one will know He came, just like a thief comes in the night and disappears before morning.

You trouble yourself too much son.
Whichever way you interpret it.
One thing is that Jesus talks and acts in parables. You can't decode everything or connect all the dots. It's always tricky, you must always realize even when you knew it, you still didn't see it coming or came differently from your expectation, eventually you will still not have it coming. That's God's way.

Now, a thief in the night means it will catch you suddenly or surprisingly or unawares or unprepared or unexpected or whatever else the situation is when a thief comes in the night.
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 02, 2022
Carcholce:

Please don’t confuse my confusion. grin
grin What do i know? Them say no one on earth can fully understand the bible mysteries. I wonder why dem the bible author no write am in a layman terms...
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Truvelisback(m): 8:16pm On May 02, 2022
Carcholce:

Educate me.
What kind of Babyish question are u asking? Didn't u see the word "Like" there that indicate Simile?
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Carcholce: 8:32pm On May 02, 2022
BigRocky:
It simply means Jesus we come unannounced like thief does.period

When you are paid a visit by a thief in the night, it happens in two major ways.

1. Is a thief can come in the night and steal from you, you will only notice the impact and not the thief. You do not know who the thief is but He took something from you.

2. A thief paid you a visit in the night and you caught the thief, its your next door neighbor. You know who the thief is.

With this analogy, I think Jesus came and will still come like a thief in the night, leave an impact but unnoticed by all or many.

He came before, it was not every one that believed he was the One even till this day, and there are still some people that don’t even know He came because they did not know and they still haven’t heard.

This is the art of a thief in the night.
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Carcholce: 8:35pm On May 02, 2022
AudioMonkey:

You trouble yourself too much son.
Whichever way you interpret it.
One thing is that Jesus talks and acts in parables. You can't decode everything or connect all the dots. It's always tricky, you must always realize even when you knew it, you still didn't see it coming or came differently from your expectation, eventually you will still not have it coming. That's God's way.

Now, a thief in the night means it will catch you suddenly or surprisingly or unawares or unprepared or unexpected or whatever else the situation is when a thief comes in the night.

Thank you for this, so many questions but you said I shouldn’t trouble myself too much grin
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Carcholce: 8:47pm On May 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
What kind of Babyish question are u asking? Didn't u see the word "Like" there that indicate Simile?

Sorry daddy

But Don’t you think if He had said He will pull up with a Rolls Royce at Abuja national stadium in the afternoon, it will make much sense?
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by sript: 8:47pm On May 02, 2022
MaDaRa01:

@ the bolded
There's three persons in one God..

God the father (the God head)
God the son (Only begotten son, Jesus)
God the holy spirit (the spirit of God) ..making the trinity

But the are all one and thesame God...inseparable

So when Jesus refers to the father, he is talking about God the father (the God head)

When a man accept Jesus (2nd person of the blessed trinity) and become genuinely born again, he has accepted the one who sent him (the father, 1st person of the blessed trinity)..

And he sends the holy spirit (the third person of the blessed trinity),the teacher, counselor,,he will teach you and show you the way of truth..the ways that leads to eternal life

He said to his disciples,,, to have seen me, is to have seen the father

In furtherance, Jesus said, I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE, NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER UNLESS THROUGH ME

As soon as Jesus was baptised. A voice came down from heaven saying ...this is my beloved son in whom I'm well pleased

John 3:16..

For God (God the father) so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that who so ever believe in him will not perish, but have everlasting life

Although Jesus is God himself, but did not equate himself with the father..

Hope this helps??

Shalom
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 02, 2022
Carcholce:

Thank you for this, so many questions but you said I shouldn’t trouble myself too much grin
Trying to get answers all the time is mission impossible.
God is tricky and doesn't move on a straight line. He leaves on his path riddles and hard puzzles.
Why does he do this?
So that proud hearts who would see themselves wiser than God could end up realizing the joke is on them. While the simple hearts would end up as the wise ones. Only the simple heart can see God on a straight line.
If you think you're smarter than God, God himself dey ready to play games with you.
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 02, 2022
sript gracias amigo, it helps alot
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Demigod22: 12:53am On May 03, 2022
Righteousness 2, food done come.
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Kobojunkie: 4:39am On May 03, 2022
Carcholce:
Educate me.
Google is your friend for these things. undecided
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Kobojunkie: 4:55am On May 03, 2022
MaDaRa01:

1. When Jesus said no one including him, knows the time he will come back except God in heaven,... Since Jesus is also God from the trinity, does that mean he as God don't know when he will come?

2. Also if he's GOD, Who does he pray to in heaven?

3. Abeg this trinity stuff is confusing as Bleep
First of all. It is essential you understand why it is that Jesus Christ is God. undecided

As written in Scripture, Jesus Christ is God, but nowhere in Scripture are we informed that God is Jesus Christ though. There is a reason for this and Jesus Christ Himself explained it to His followers. undecided

In Scripture we learn of God the following
▪︎ God is God of Wrath
▪︎ God is God of Laws
▪︎ God is Good/Righteous
▪︎ God is Faithful
▪︎ God is Love
▪︎ God is True
▪︎ God is Life
And of Jesus Christ, we are informed by Him that He is
▪︎ God's Truth
▪︎ God's Life
▪︎ God's Law (one of many) aka The Way

So, as Jesus Christ explained, He is made from some some the same essence that is God hence He indeed is God. However, since Jesus Christ doesn't have all of the essence of God, God isn't Jesus Christ. undecided

So, to answer your questions.....

1. Jesus Christ is God but God isn't Jesus Christ means indeed that Jesus Christ does not know all that God knows, just as He, Jesus Christ, said. undecided

2. Again, Jesus Christ is God but God isn't Jesus Christ meaning that He, Jesus Christ, as He told you, prays to His Father, the one whose Will He, Jesus Christ, obeys. undecided

3. The trinity doctrine is of the opinion of men and has nothing to do with that which is presented in scripture.. undecided
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by Kobojunkie: 4:58am On May 03, 2022
MaDaRa01:

grin What do i know? Them say no one on earth can fully understand the bible mysteries. I wonder why dem the bible author no write am in a layman terms...
"Them" lied to you. You should probably stop paying attention to "them" and start doing your own digging of the mysteries for your self. undecided

Jesus Christ said that to those who use the understanding( even basic human language comprehension of what is written applies ) they have, more understanding will be given them, this by the Father - Matthew 13 vs 10 - 17 & Mark 4 vs 22 - 28. So why not begin now digging through the mysteries for yourself. undecided
Re: Can Someone Explain This To Me? by sript: 4:20pm On May 03, 2022
MaDaRa01:
sript gracias amigo, it helps alot

Glad I could help a little...u are welcome wink

(1) (Reply)

Can A Man Help A Lady Clear Her Stadium, Without Playing Match? / Poor People Are Cancer Of Earth / Have I Contracted HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.