Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed (2712 Views)

The Moment A Guard Collapsed At The Lying In State Of Queen Elizabeth II / Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister / Miami officials use explosives to demolish what's left of collapsed condo tower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by 1873n: 7:00am On May 03, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:

I blame the criminals that travelled the oceans many thousands of miles away to come and buy fellow human just to dehumanise them and cheat them of their resources

The criminals that can't survive without everyone ones resources yet make noise about, from South African Diamond, West African Crude Oil, Ghanian Gold... This criminals stole it all
[/s]

is that why you raped your nephew
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by Kelvin3476: 8:02am On May 03, 2022
paramakina202:

How respectful was USA on indigenous Americans? They genocided them all from North America down to South America countries.Few decades ago African Americans were not eligible to vote in the same USA that are now champion of democracy.
Are they voting now ?
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:29am On May 03, 2022
paramakina202:

They shouldn't be acting as if they are saints after all western nations are the biggest beneficiaries of human rights violations through slave trade and colonisation of other countries for centuries.Now they expect developing countries to align with their fake human rights rules or else you will be invaded like Iraq,Libya,Syria etc...They should allow other countries to grow at their own pace.
No human being, culture, tradition, Constitution is perfect, only God is.. but some are better than others.

Don't forget that it's not only the western countries that did slave trade.the Muslim world also engaged in slave trade in those years.However, it's still the same west that stopped the slave trade.

As for Libya & Syria: The Arab spring started in Tunisia, after a vegetable street hawker burnt himself to death in protests against the govt enforcement agencies that seized his goods.

The protests forced the govt in Tunis to resign... this same protests spread to Egypt & Libya, hoping that their own govt would resign peacefully,I think the Egyptian govt resigned after much pressure from the protests.

But Libya & Syrian govt refused to resign & resorted to using force against the unarmed civilian protests.

The west only intervened when Gaddafi refused to resign & instead started using brutal force against the protesters.. the same thing applies to Syria.

Russia also participated in that Libya crisis,why are you not talking about Russia's role in Libya, Syria & now Mali?

Pls I will like you to Google the Arab spring for more information.
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by paramakina202: 11:42am On May 03, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
No human being, culture, tradition, Constitution is perfect, only God is.. but some are better than others.

Don't forget that it's not only the western countries that did slave trade.the Muslim world also engaged in slave trade in those years.However, it's still the same west that stopped the slave trade.

As for Libya & Syria: The Arab spring started in Tunisia, after a vegetable street hawker burnt himself to death in protests against the govt enforcement agencies that seized his goods.

The protests forced the govt in Tunis to resign... this same protests spread to Egypt & Libya, hoping that their own govt would resign peacefully,I think the Egyptian govt resigned after much pressure from the protests.

But Libya & Syrian govt refused to resign & resorted to using force against the unarmed civilian protests.

The west only intervened when Gaddafi refused to resign & instead started using brutal force against the protesters.. the same thing applies to Syria.

Russia also participated in that Libya crisis,why are you not talking about Russia's role in Libya, Syria & now Mali?

Pls I will like you to Google the Arab spring for more information.

Same manner Putin intervened after Zelensky refused to implement Minsk peace agreement to grant autonomy to the two Russian speaking regions rather he chose to kill them.
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:49am On May 03, 2022
Mooh247:

He replied swiftly, ready to defend his colonial masters for free
If I don't appreciate those who risked their lives to show me the way to the true GOD, the gospel of CHRIST, who will I appreciate?

If I don't appreciate those that risked their lives to stop the killing of twins in southern Nigeria, who will I appreciate?

In today's Nigeria, the mission schools & hospitals are still the best.

The Kwara state government is fighting to take over what the missionaries/the west risked their lives to establish.
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by primestreams: 11:57am On May 03, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
The Berlin Wall was erected during the cold war, to prevent east Germans from crossing over to the more Democratic western Berlin.

The east of Berlin was under the control of the former Soviet Union, while the west of Berlin was controlled by the US, UK & France,in parts.

The western part were more progressive & Democratic than there eastern neighbors whose govt were autocratic, hence the need to cross over to the more lively & Democratic west...

But crossing over the over 9ft tall, barbwired & over 20klm fence was a Herculean task for the east Germans.

However, after over 30yrs, the wall of Berlin finally collapsed in 1989 due to the persistent clamours of the eastern Germans to unite with their more Democratic brothers in the west of Berlin.

It should also be noted that the Warsaw treaty organization,a military alliance like Nato, which Russia formed in 1955 to counter Nato also collapsed in 1991, with its former members like; Poland, Romania, Albania, Hungary, Czechoslovakia etc joining Nato.

Korea was once a united country until Russia started supporting a communist leader in the then north of Korea against the more Democratic south of Korea.

Today south Korea is far better than its brother the north of Korea, who's only trade is bragging of ballistic missiles.. the north Korean leader executed more than ten military officers including his uncle immediately he took over after the death of his father at a very young age....

No wonder Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia, Albania, Ukraine & now Finland, Sweden are all RUNNING AWAY from Russia.

Russia was just a part ok ussr

Stop acting dumb
Ukraine was part of ussr

Stalin was not even russia
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by VOICEofORIENTAL: 12:01pm On May 03, 2022
primestreams:

Russia was just a part ok ussr

Stop acting dumb
Ukraine was part of ussr

Stalin was not even russia
Now, Ukraine said I want to be on my own,is it a crime for some one to seek for independent?
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by VOICEofORIENTAL: 1:17pm On May 03, 2022
paramakina202:

Same manner Putin intervened after Zelensky refused to implement Minsk peace agreement to grant autonomy to the two Russian speaking regions rather he chose to kill them.
The west did not go to Libya & Syria to create another country out from them.

Russia caused the division of Korea,and that's what they want to do in Ukraine.Russia want to create another country out from Ukraine.

There are thousands of Armenians living inside Azerbaijani territory, the Armenians are seeking for independent inside Azerbaijani territory.

The Azerbaijani govt told them to relocate back to their country of origin, Armenia, that they cannot divide their land because of them...is either they remain under the Azerbaijani govt or they relocate back to Armenia.

Turkey is defending Azerbaijan in this case.

It's like the Igbo nation, invading Delta State in the name of protecting the Igbo speaking part of Delta State, insisting Delta State must be divided.
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:19pm On May 03, 2022
AND EVERY THING EVIL PUTIN TOUCHES ENDS UP DEAD. angry
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by primestreams: 1:22pm On May 03, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
Now, Ukraine said I want to be on my own,is it a crime for some one to seek for independent?
I dont support russia

Base on your logic ukraine got her independence from ussr peacefully

Why cant they give the two break away regions there independence
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by primestreams: 1:24pm On May 03, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:

Russia caused the division of Korea,and that's what they want to do in Ukraine.Russia want to create another country out from Ukraine.

There are thousands of Armenians living inside Azerbaijani territory, the Armenians are seeking for independent inside Azerbaijani territory.

The Azerbaijani govt told them to relocate back to their country of origin, Armenia, that they cannot divide their land because of them...is either they remain under the Azerbaijani govt or they relocate back to Armenia.

It's like the Igbo nation, invading Delta State in the name of protecting the Igbo speaking part of Delta State, insisting Delta State must be divided.
Russia was not a country back then sir

It was ussr
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by paramakina202: 1:33pm On May 03, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:

Biafra forces did exactly that when they invaded Midwest region in August 9 1967 and created a new nation to protect the rights of Igbo speaking people there.Every nation have their own reasons for invading another country don't expect it to be same.
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by VOICEofORIENTAL: 6:22pm On May 03, 2022
primestreams:
Russia was not a country back then sir

It was ussr
Yes agreed.but the present Russia retained & maintained all the characteristics of the former USSR.

The only difference now is that, over 60% of the countries that made up the former USSR are now running away from Russia, which Putin is trying to recover back.

But, Putin is going about it the wrong way.. you don't force a man/woman to be your friend,you only make your self a friend to them.
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by VOICEofORIENTAL: 6:40pm On May 03, 2022
paramakina202:

Biafra forces did exactly that when they invaded Midwest region in August 9 1967 and created a new nation to protect the rights of Igbo speaking people there.Every nation have their own reasons for invading another country don't expect it to be same.
That was some of the mistakes of the Biafran war & unfortunately the mistake may repeat itself again.

You don't force some one who doesn't share the same idea with you into a war, that person may sabotage your war effort.

Ukraine is fighting for its survival.If Russia succeed in taking the Eastern region then,Ukraine would become a landlock country.
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by paramakina202: 7:03pm On May 03, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
That was some of the mistakes of the Biafran war & unfortunately the mistake may repeat itself again.

You don't force some one who doesn't share the same idea with you into a war, that person may sabotage your war effort.

Ukraine is fighting for its survival.If Russia succeed in taking the Eastern region then,Ukraine would become a landlock country.

Whether it was a mistake or not that was historical fact.
Then Ukraine should better negotiate for peace and save herself from being landlocked or else nothing is going to deter Russia not western weapons or sanctions from taking Eastern and southern Ukraine.
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by Cloud007: 7:41pm On May 03, 2022
Voiceoforiental dey give them demons wotowoto.... Back to back. grin
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by ariesbull: 6:36am On May 04, 2022
sanpipita:
Countries like Russia have refused to be progressive hence America are always beating then to the game, human development, freedom and rights is very important to any nation that wants to be world power.

The social media Putin bots will talk down USA but they will never go to Russia e get why, Ukraine when they were under hold of Russia were regressive but look at them now, by time USA fully gets foothold there, Ukraine will be one of the greatest nations in the world, they have potential
look at a black man and African saying that Russia isn't progressive

A funny tribal lord that will not allow igbo to rule or leave

You guys should STFU

RUSDIA ISN'T A DEVELOPING COUNTRY.... RUSSIA IS AT PAR WITH USA TOMORROW YOU CALL CHINA DEVELOPING
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by sanpipita(m): 8:29am On May 04, 2022
ariesbull:
look at a black man and African saying that Russia isn't progressive

A funny tribal lord that will not allow igbo to rule or leave

You guys should STFU

RUSDIA ISN'T A DEVELOPING COUNTRY.... RUSSIA IS AT PAR WITH USA TOMORROW YOU CALL CHINA DEVELOPING

Russia are not a progressive country, it might interest you you to know they are stucked in Soviet days something this war is exposing, how do I even start telling you I'm an Igbo man
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by VOICEofORIENTAL: 6:45pm On May 04, 2022
paramakina202:

Whether it was a mistake or not that was historical fact.
Then Ukraine should better negotiate for peace and save herself from being landlocked or else nothing is going to deter Russia not western weapons or sanctions from taking Eastern and southern Ukraine.
Well,I don't know who will eventually win, nobody can actually say he/she is certain.only GOD knows the end from the beginning.

However,Pope Francis, said that the prime minister of Hungary,Victor Orban confided to him that Putin will end the war by May 9..

With the stubbornness of Putin, the support of the west & resilience of the Ukrainians, its only GOD, can decide the end.
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by VOICEofORIENTAL: 6:48pm On May 04, 2022
Cloud007:
Voiceoforiental dey give them demons wotowoto.... Back to back. grin
My dear,GOD bless you & favour you

1 Like

Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by VOICEofORIENTAL: 7:48pm On May 04, 2022
primestreams:
I dont support russia

Base on your logic ukraine got her independence from ussr peacefully

Why cant they give the two break away regions there independence
The Soviet Union was like a mini continent, those countries in it knows their territories.

The former Soviet Union's case is like that of Nigeria, different tribes living together in one country.

Now, Ukraine is a country of its own with a world recognized defined territory & sovereignty.If the Russians living in Ukraine don't like the system of government in Ukraine, they should relocate back to Russia the country of their origin.

For instance, if Nigeria should split, will the igbos be claiming some parts of Lagos because of its population there,no?
Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by EmperorHadrain: 9:24pm On May 04, 2022
George F. Kennan, a great sage of Cold War politics and history, sometimes called “the architect of America’s successful containment of the Soviet Union.”

Kennan died 17 years ago. In 1998, Kennan (then-94) was asked what he thought about the expansion of NATO to include as members the recently ex-communist nations of central and eastern Europe getting every closer to the borders of Russia.

Kennan replied: “I think it is the beginning of a new cold war. I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake. There was no reason for this whatsoever. No one was threatening anybody else. This expansion would make the founding fathers of this country turn over in their graves.

“We have signed up to protect a whole series of countries, even though we have neither the resources nor the intention to do so in any serious way. [NATO expansion] was simply a lighthearted action by a Senate that has no real interest in foreign affairs. What bothers me is how superficial and ill-informed the whole Senate debate was. I was particularly bothered by the references to Russia as a country dying to attack Western Europe.

“Don’t people understand? Our differences in the Cold War were with the Soviet Communist regime. And now we are turning our backs on the very people who mounted the greatest bloodless revolution in history to remove that Soviet regime. And Russia’s democracy is as far advanced, if not farther, as any of these countries we’ve just signed up to defend from Russia. Of course, there is going to be a bad reaction from Russia, and then [the NATO expanders] will say that we always told you that is how the Russians are — but this is just wrong.”

1 Like

Re: Russia: Every Thing Russia Touched, Collapsed by VOICEofORIENTAL: 11:50pm On May 04, 2022
EmperorHadrain:
George F. Kennan, a great sage of Cold War politics and history, sometimes called “the architect of America’s successful containment of the Soviet Union.”

Kennan died 17 years ago. In 1998, Kennan (then-94) was asked what he thought about the expansion of NATO to include as members the recently ex-communist nations of central and eastern Europe getting every closer to the borders of Russia.

Kennan replied: “I think it is the beginning of a new cold war. I think the Russians will gradually react quite adversely and it will affect their policies. I think it is a tragic mistake. There was no reason for this whatsoever. No one was threatening anybody else. This expansion would make the founding fathers of this country turn over in their graves.

“We have signed up to protect a whole series of countries, even though we have neither the resources nor the intention to do so in any serious way. [NATO expansion] was simply a lighthearted action by a Senate that has no real interest in foreign affairs. What bothers me is how superficial and ill-informed the whole Senate debate was. I was particularly bothered by the references to Russia as a country dying to attack Western Europe.

“Don’t people understand? Our differences in the Cold War were with the Soviet Communist regime. And now we are turning our backs on the very people who mounted the greatest bloodless revolution in history to remove that Soviet regime. And Russia’s democracy is as far advanced, if not farther, as any of these countries we’ve just signed up to defend from Russia. Of course, there is going to be a bad reaction from Russia, and then [the NATO expanders] will say that we always told you that is how the Russians are — but this is just wrong.”
Oga emperor, the man you quoted was just expressing his feeling/opinion.He was even lucky he was not jailed as Putin would do to anyone who dare speak against his projects.

There are many people, including oligarchs, media outlets who had voiced their opposition against this war, but were are they today?.. they were either jailed or chased away out of Russia.

In today's Russia, independent media outlets don't exist anymore.In todays Russia, you dare not protest against Putin's projects, even when the masses will suffer much of such projects.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iran And Saudi Arabia Clash Inside Syria Talks / Dubai Police Unveil Ferrari And Lamborghini Patrol Cars. / Breaking News*President Mugabe Steps down*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.