Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:18 AM

Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) (34333 Views)

Are These Sentences Correct? / Lagos Teacher Beats Student To Death For Not Answering Maths Question Correctly / Which Of These Sentences Gave You Joy While You Were In Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:09am On May 03, 2022
Danwakae:

You are wrong .... The Second is correct.. the third is wrong becuase flour and eggs was not punctuated making it an entity which is not the message of the writter... It should be ...flour, and eggs. As such, the second is correct
okay there should be comma before and. Thanks
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by dave601: 10:11am On May 03, 2022
Well, as a bit of an English expert, no. 2 or 3 is fine. But it's sometimes preferable to use no 3: the no comma before and rule.

Meanwhile, check my signature.

Peace...

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by tunmexx(m): 10:14am On May 03, 2022
Both B and C are correct.
B is written in American style while C is written in British style.
The comma before 'and' is called Oxford comma.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Le2money(m): 10:17am On May 03, 2022
Third one

DamnnNiggarr:
English scholars in the house!!!
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Bejones(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2022
The third sentence
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by dave601: 10:20am On May 03, 2022
chatinent:
Even the question itself is incorrect.

I think it is... Check.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Adjovi: 10:23am On May 03, 2022
Both B and C are correct.
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by herbert2017: 10:23am On May 03, 2022
Sentence No 3 is the correct answer
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by lascos912(m): 10:24am On May 03, 2022
you will need IPOB, NNAMDI KANU and Igbo nation
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Olarotimi8: 10:29am On May 03, 2022
The third sentence is correct ��
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Chechelee: 10:52am On May 03, 2022
C
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by famouscargo4u: 10:52am On May 03, 2022
LadiesForever:
Number 2...

You'll need butter, milk, flour, and eggs.

Puff Puff loading....

This is wrong. You don't put comma and "and" together.
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Burgerlomo: 10:55am On May 03, 2022
The answer is C
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Ken4ward: 11:02am On May 03, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:

Second sentence
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by scottyoloye(m): 11:02am On May 03, 2022
The second sentence. A comma will always come before the “and” if there are more than two elements.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Wumibaby(f): 11:04am On May 03, 2022
Get 1 gigabytes for 350, 2gigabytes for 700 naira only
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by sencekompis: 11:17am On May 03, 2022
And = comma

C is the only correct answer
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by amstamon: 11:17am On May 03, 2022
scottyoloye:
The second sentence. A comma will always come before the “and” if there are more than two elements.

Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Obiebanks007(m): 11:18am On May 03, 2022
chatinent:
Even the question itself is incorrect. Wetin concern Nigerians with stress.

The third is legit tho

No worry, u go school. cool
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Emmatoza: 11:20am On May 03, 2022
The third sentence is correct.
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by amstamon: 11:22am On May 03, 2022
LadiesForever:
Number 2...

You'll need butter, milk, flour, and eggs.

Puff Puff loading....

Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Evaloyal2J(f): 11:25am On May 03, 2022
The 3rd sentence is correct.
The second is wrong. You don't use a comma before the conjunction 'and'.
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by bluefilm: 11:29am On May 03, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:

I'll go for option C
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Danwakae(m): 11:41am On May 03, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
okay there should be comma before and. Thanks

Yes , uwc

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Piptocoin: 11:41am On May 03, 2022
Killmaster1:
The second.take note

I bow o. And some folks were confidently fingering the third sentence as the correct one. A comma must precede a conjunction. There are exceptions in cases like "Mr A and Mr B have arrived". However, according to Op's question the second sentence is the winner.
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Kdon2: 11:41am On May 03, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:
The second sentence is correctly punctuated.

Bros you sure say you pass waec?
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by martinslaura: 11:54am On May 03, 2022
chatinent:
Even the question itself is incorrect. Wetin concern Nigerians with stress.

The third is legit tho

3rd one is cool.
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by ikpumbe(m): 12:08pm On May 03, 2022
LadiesForever:

grin grin grin

I can't stop weeping because your mother is the only open legged woman here.
The both of us are men!

We can dig her together if you want but i go first biko cool cool cool

You see why you are an ass hole.

Rotten ass
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Moneyboyz: 12:21pm On May 03, 2022
3rd one
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by yemobrown(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2022
omooba969:
[s][/s]

Load of crap.

Hope you can channel same energy into explaining your local language

Stop being petty!
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by tarantino1: 12:22pm On May 03, 2022
I love Oxford commas so I'll go with B. If this was an exam, I'll pick C though cos most
scholars hate Oxford commas.

So while B is technically correct, C is the universally accepted answer.
Re: Which Of These Sentences Used Commas Correctly? (Screenshot) by Light78: 12:23pm On May 03, 2022
Again,

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

This Happened At My Children's School Today / 100k For Lucky Student Nairalanders. / Madonna University Okija Alumni Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.