Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP (16796 Views)

I Offended Makinde For Being Olubadan’s Younger Brother-senator Kola Balogun(pix / Kola Balogun: APC Not A Threat To PDP, Makinde’s Reelection / Abiodun Abdul-Balogun Resigns As Commissioner After Attempted Rape Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by diplomat058(m): 7:43am On May 03, 2022
georjay:

Seyi won based on numerous factors...

Pity isn't one of it...
But it was mainly based on alliance with major contenders like lanlehin and alli

You can also say spite for Ajimobi

Lanlehin and Alli are featherweights with lilliputian electoral value. The main reason is the anti Ajimobi sentiments. Alliance with Ladoja is also in the sides

1 Like

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:44am On May 03, 2022
northbird:
Read, read, comprehend, He is the new King. He has to leave politics. That's the right thing to do. Resign from the party. He can't be a senator and a king at the same time.
it's you that doesn't comprehend, he is not the king but the younger brother to the king.
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by SleekyP(m): 7:45am On May 03, 2022
Vote Adelabu in 2023 cool

1 Like

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by unitysheart(m): 7:46am On May 03, 2022
Mooh247:
A king must be non partisan

Kola is not the King. Lekan is the king.
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Mooh247: 7:46am On May 03, 2022
unitysheart:

Kola is not the King. Lekan is the king.

Oh

1 Like

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Invictuse: 7:48am On May 03, 2022
ChoCho54:
He will loose his seat.

Your brain as to be dead. He resigned not join another party, you fool.
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by georjay(m): 7:48am On May 03, 2022
diplomat058:

Lanlehin and Alli are featherweights with lilliputian electoral value. The main reason is the anti Ajimobi sentiments. Alliance with Ladoja is also in the sides

Lanlehin is not featherweight
Yes Ladoja brought them together

Makinde had rep too
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Difrent: 7:52am On May 03, 2022
blazingblender:
Sometimes i wonder the necessity of resigning from a party you won election and going to another one .in the name of the ruling party
I think some laws should be made against this

Not the case here.
The governor has given the party senatorial ticket to another person who just defected from Apc. He has no choice than to resign
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Okhuadams(m): 7:54am On May 03, 2022
blazingblender:
Sometimes i wonder the necessity of resigning from a party you won election and going to another one .in the name of the ruling party
They are afraid of making that law because they all the same
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Difrent: 7:55am On May 03, 2022
northbird:
Read, read, comprehend, He is the new King. He has to leave politics. That's the right thing to do. Resign from the party. He can't be a senator and a king at the same time.

Go back and read again, you probably didnt the first time and if you did its either you have comprehension issue or are mischievous
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by ChoCho54(f): 7:57am On May 03, 2022
Invictuse:

Your brain as to be dead. He resigned not join another party, you fool.
Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44 Oam4j rule 2.
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:58am On May 03, 2022
maasoap:

Why did two other PDP senatorial candidates fail to use the same Makinde influence in PDP to win against the APC candidates? Laughing
how I wish you you watch his interview with Channels last two weeks, you will know, you see how the guy was talking like a baby, he owned up that it was Makinde brought him from APC and gave him the ticket. That Makinde was denying him the ticket based on some unsubstantiated allegations of not being a party man, not promoting the interest of the constituency in the senate and above all that him being a senator and his brother, the Olu Ibadan; will be too much for the family.
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by ChoCho54(f): 7:59am On May 03, 2022
Mooh247:
A king must be non partisan
I didn't know he became Oba. Meaning a replacement will be sought or will there be a bye election?

Se owa?
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by colp2015: 8:07am On May 03, 2022
northbird:
I think Kola Balogun (Politician) is a different person from Moshood Olalekan Balogun (New Olubadan).
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Difrent: 8:08am On May 03, 2022
georjay:

Baba bone that level....

Tegbe get small rep normally for Ibadan...

I was actually thinking they will pitch him the deputy governor spot for him to relinquish the senatorial seat for Tegbe...

But anyways sha...let's see how it unfolds

Bro if Balogun join force with Soji Akanbi...Fola Akinosun....Kola daisi they will defeat Tegbe. Tegbe came to limelight politically in 2019 because Ajimobi propped him up aside that he is known only as a government consultant and his recommendations on BC OS and LAUTECH though meant well was not taken kindly by staff affected. He also has an indigenship baggage which was the main reason Ajimobi couldnt install him over an Adelabu.
Yes the governors stands is understandable...with Balogun it will mean both governor and senator will be from ibadan north east LG but then the people expect the governor to honor the new king by allowing his brother run(which is not a guarantee to winning) and not the way an apc decampee was just brought to replace him unceremoniously......this may work against makinde. The new Olubadan is an old school progressive who once contested for SDP presidential primary and won election as a senator under AD.....2023 will be interesting its a great battle for pdp and Makinde ahead

1 Like

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by nonxo007(m): 8:14am On May 03, 2022
blazingblender:

There is a law against it, but this is Nigeria, the law is only meant for the average and poor masses not the elites.
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Mooh247: 8:19am On May 03, 2022
ChoCho54:
I didn't know he became Oba. Meaning a replacement will be sought or will there be a bye election?

Se owa?

I goofed jare i thought it was Oba Lekan Balogun Olubadan

Mo wa Ok, pelu APA stainless mi , Mo wa ni Termac Lati GBA owo mi da fun Oga NLA MC Oluomo tongue

Hope you are fine, have a good day

1 Like

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by georjay(m): 8:22am On May 03, 2022
Difrent:

Bro if Balogun join force with Soji Akanbi...Fola Akinosun....Kola daisi they will defeat Tegbe. Tegbe came to limelight politically in 2019 because Ajimobi propped him up aside that he is known only as a government consultant and his recommendations on BC OS and LAUTECH though meant well was not taken kindly by staff affected. He also has an indigenship baggage which was the main reason Ajimobi couldnt install him over an Adelabu.
Yes the governors stands is understandable...with Balogun it will mean both governor and senator will be from ibadan north east LG but then the people expect the governor to honor the new king by allowing his brother run(which is not a guarantee to winning) and not the way an apc decampee was just brought to replace him unceremoniously......this may work against makinde. The new Olubadan is an old school progressive who once contested for SDP presidential primary and won election as a senator under AD.....2023 will be interesting its a great battle for pdp and Makinde ahead

Great analysis

Now if soji akanbi, Kola daisi, fola akinosun and Kola balogun join forces...who would be chosen to fly amongst them??
I also learnt about the indigeneship matter! That would be used against him by opposition...

As you said 2023 will be interesting

We watch

1 Like

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by SleekyP(m): 8:25am On May 03, 2022
Difrent:

You couldn't have said it better....Infact you killed it grin

Who knows Tegbe? Is he from Oyo state?

Bayo Adelabu Adegoke is ready to serve the people of Oyo state,he's now a good listener and a caregiver.

Please y'all should vote Bayo Adelabu in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by yanabasee(m): 8:30am On May 03, 2022
maasoap:

You want to restrict people's freedom to associate and choose at will? You don't know what you are saying.

It is not madness, it's called freedom. That is to tell you that there is no permanent interest.

You don't deserve a mention... but I will stoop low to give you the attention...

Firstly, having two political parties doesn't.. makes it a law to have people move from either of the two.. America is operating on this pattern.

This movie g about and creating a political party is the reason why most politicians are greedy.... because they can easily move to any party of their biddings isn't accepted by the party stakeholders...
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Nisiw366: 8:36am On May 03, 2022
SleekyP:

You couldn't have said it better....Infact you killed it grin

Who knows Tegbe? Is he from Oyo state?

Bayo Adelabu Adegoke is ready to serve the people of Oyo state,he's now a good listener and a caregiver.

Please y'all should vote Bayo Adelabu in 2023.
tegbe is from labo area of ibadan
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Olabode211: 8:36am On May 03, 2022
pure madness everywhere.senior brother king junior brother senator.
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Nisiw366: 8:40am On May 03, 2022
colp2015:
I think Kola Balogun (Politician) is a different person from Moshood Olalekan Balogun (New Olubadan).

senator lekan balogun(olubadan) is the older brother of senator kola balogun(present senator)

1 Like

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Nisiw366: 8:44am On May 03, 2022
georjay:

Great analysis

Now if soji akanbi, Kola daisi, fola akinosun and Kola balogun join forces...who would be chosen to fly amongst them??
I also learnt about the indigeneship matter! That would be used against him by opposition...

As you said 2023 will be interesting

We watch
Hope you know he was once installed as mogaji in ibadan
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by georjay(m): 8:49am On May 03, 2022
Nisiw366:
Hope you know he was once installed as mogaji in ibadan

Yes....
I still don't get where the indigeneship matter came from sha....
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by barcaboi(m): 9:02am On May 03, 2022
blazingblender:

He actually won his election on ADC logo; defected to PDP due to alignment btw both parties
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by ChoCho54(f): 9:11am On May 03, 2022
Mooh247:

I goofed jare i thought it was Oba Lekan Balogun Olubadan

Mo wa Ok, pelu APA stainless mi , Mo wa ni Termac Lati GBA owo mi da fun Oga NLA MC Oluomo tongue

Hope you are fine, have a good day
So you didn't see me just now inside the blue korepe you stabbed the driver yesterday? tongue
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Mooh247: 9:14am On May 03, 2022
ChoCho54:
So you didn't see me just now inside the blue korepe you stabbed the driver yesterday? tongue

When he was cutting eyes for you nko?! He deserved the stabing abeg
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by ChoCho54(f): 9:16am On May 03, 2022
Mooh247:

When he was cutting eyes for you nko?! He deserved the stabing abeg
grin
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by Nisiw366: 9:29am On May 03, 2022
georjay:

Yes....
I still don't get where the indigeneship matter came from sha....
Its part of propaganda. Family wont accept an outsider to become mogaji because that's the family head
Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by longifilis(m): 9:30am On May 03, 2022
Akinolore:

Source: https://westerndailynews.com/just-in-oyo-south-pdp-senator-kola-balogun-resigns-party-membership/

Kola Balogun had messed up big time, the only PDP senator in Oyo State... Truth be told I am not surprise, I would have been surprise if the Mr Governor support his second term senatorial ambition. Denying him Senatorial seat ticket is enough for him to leave the party? I hope he won't crumble his political ambition with this irrational decision. He has nothing to show forth for the district he represented, an ineffective representation,no community projects, youths empowerment. He doesn't have street credibility

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Kola Balogun Resigns From PDP by georjay(m): 9:31am On May 03, 2022
Nisiw366:
Its part of propaganda. Family wont accept an outsider to become mogaji because that's the family head

Exactly....
It's left to be seen how things unfolds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Promotion Exam No More Yardstick For Progression In NSCDC, NIS – Tunji-ojo / Expect Gains Of Fuel Price Hike In One Month – IPMAN / Ibrahim Coomassie: Igbo And Yoruba Can’t Determine 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.