Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor (11333 Views)

Ambassador Desmond Akawor Resigns As PDP Chairman, Rivers State / Tinubu Appoints Desmond Akawor As RMAFC Federal Commissioner / Desmond Akawor: Secondus Didn’t Pay Party Dues For Four Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by Ngorbungor(m): 5:57pm On May 03, 2022
UncommonLogic:

Better stand in line to collect your own N200 from Peter Obi-tuary the lying Chinese man.

Do you think you are making sense? Once again go and look for your money in tinubu's bullion van for all we care. Nonsense
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by timstone(m): 6:17pm On May 03, 2022
mrvitalis:
Wike came to Anambra and insured Peter Obi ..obi went to rivers state and kept it issue based like he promised

That's how u know serious people

Wike believed because he shared river State 1000k dollar to anambra ward chairmen
He have the liberty to express his foolishness and high-iberiberism.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by hopexter(m): 6:36pm On May 03, 2022
Ngorbungor:

10 of Umahi cant, what is Umahi doing that is a big deal? Constructing road and flyovers? how does Umahi economic policy affected job creation, unemployment, local and foreign investment in his state?

We Nigerians are not looking for someone that will come and construct road and flyovers, we need persons that are grounded in micro and macro economic management, policy conceptualization and implementation, person who can create jobs and reduce cost of government to the barest minimum.

Did Obi do any of these your aforementioned?
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by winterfell007(m): 7:15pm On May 03, 2022
hopexter:

I’m not saying Buhari is better, he’s actually the worst in Nigeria History but that doesn’t mean we should also support his clueless kinds like Peter Obi.

Surplus only happens when things are sufficiently available to Anambra people. There’s no job for Anambra youth, no skills creation in case jobs comes up in the future yet he’s saving 75 billions to get cheap praises, bro I’m not against Obi, he would have been our prayers if he did or started anything from Anambra. undecided

Anambra has one of the lowest Poverty Index Rate in country according NBS 2015 Report, That's to show you much he invested in Education and Poverty Alleviation Schemes, he's the only Governor in Nigeria's history that met the UN MDG goals. He has been awarded a certificate and evn spoke at the EU and UN conferences on how he achieved those feats.
Here's the link to show how go he was:
https://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/7549-UN-commends-Nigeria-for-MDGs-implementation-Peter-Obi-declared-MDGs-Nigerian-champion
https://www.nairaland.com/2418994/ranking-nigerian-states-poverty-rates

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by edungene7: 7:43pm On May 03, 2022
I tell you solemnly if peter obi does not emerge president come 2023 Nigeria is gone take it to the moon the Northern cabals know this the reason Atiku ran with him as vice in 2019 the north is just afraid of losing power otherwise they believe in Peter Obi Atiku would have been a ceremonial president if they had won Obi would have ran the show and fix this country
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by Ngorbungor(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2022
hopexter:

Did Obi do any of these your aforementioned?

Yes he did, in cost of governance he great, in economy he performed well, in local and foreign investment he did great, in policy implementation conceptualization he also did fine.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by adefitim(m): 7:51pm On May 03, 2022
MedicH:

Your voting Peter obi is not for anyone's good. You're not doing anybody a favor voting a seasoned industrialist and somebody that is accountable. Suffer no de tire you? Your mumu never do? Carry your one vote and give tinubu now u people don't have sense.

Peter obi does not need to be president more than u particularly need a good government that can better ur life do I need to tell u this?

Ode
When will you learn?

Insults don’t win elections
Sentiments don’t win elections
Aggressiveness does not win elections
Nzogbu nzogbu, does not win elections— Reno Omokri
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by adefitim(m): 7:51pm On May 03, 2022
Ngorbungor:

Who care about your vote?
Suffer no dey tyer you?
Please vote for those people you've been voting for as usual nonsense.

When will you learn?

Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by maestroferddi: 7:51pm On May 03, 2022
hopexter:

I’m not saying Buhari is better, he’s actually the worst in Nigeria History but that doesn’t mean we should also support his clueless kinds like Peter Obi.

Surplus only happens when things are sufficiently available to Anambra people. There’s no job for Anambra youth, no skills creation in case jobs comes up in the future yet he’s saving 75 billions to get cheap praises, bro I’m not against Obi, he would have been our prayers if he did or started anything from Anambra. undecided
Learn to reason critically for objectivity..

Having a surplus or being in the green is a positive performance indicator in economic development.

It is like chiding Obasanjo who grew the nation's foreign reserves and praising Buhari who borrows for fun in addition to depleting the foreign reserve.

There is a reason Sovereign Wealth Funds are created to help create economic advancement.

You don't expect Peter Obi to have solved all the problems of Anambra State within 8 years.

However, what is indisputable is that he left a longlasting legacy by leaving reasonable funds beyond to ensure that successive administartions hit the ground running instead of the empty coffers and stultifying debts normally bequeathed by most governors...
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by LZAA: 8:05pm On May 03, 2022
Sergio104:

Chief!

You don come back.

I no dey see you again for nairaland
Bros
I dey o
How ur side
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by LZAA: 8:06pm On May 03, 2022
hopexter:

Read your comment and rephrase it to your own understanding. I’m from South South, afonja used their money plus internal generated revenue to build their own states. All states get her share of allocations from oil sales. Blame your state leaders and yes Igbos are hell bent on tripping into Lagos, where else will they go?
South south indeed cheesy grin grin
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by ikpumbe(m): 8:06pm On May 03, 2022
hopexter:

It’s because of this same destruction in you people’s mind that made you IPob a terrorist organisation, you better desist from such mindset. cheesy

Because we are serving you with same pot of soup you served another..
You lots did much to Jonathan and heaven did not fall

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by Sergio104(m): 8:26pm On May 03, 2022
LZAA:

Bros
I dey o
How ur side

Everywhere cool my brother.

Nice seeing you again cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by hopexter(m): 11:00pm On May 03, 2022
ikpumbe:

Because we are serving you with same pot of soup you served another..
You lots did much to Jonathan and heaven did not fall

Don’t talk about that weakling called Jonathan again. Since he left office, has he visited any Igbo states? It was his cluelessness and failure that pushed Nigerians to this deceit and scam of a government.

Late Musa Yar’dua didn’t even stay upto 3 years in Power before Jonathan took over, completed Yar’dua remaining first tenure and contested for his, he won it and was president for 6 years. Someone that couldn’t do anything within his first 6 years still won’t do anything with the remaining 4 years that he failed to win. His 6 years failure pushed gullible Nigerians to Buhari angry
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by hopexter(m): 11:20pm On May 03, 2022
maestroferddi:
Learn to reason critically for objectivity..

Having a surplus or being in the green is a positive performance indicator in economic development.

It is like chiding Obasanjo who grew the nation's foreign reserves and praising Buhari who borrows for fun in addition to depleting the foreign reserve.

There is a reason Sovereign Wealth Funds are created to help create economic advancement.

You don't expect Peter Obi to have solved all the problems of Anambra State within 8 years.

However, what is indisputable is that he left a longlasting legacy by leaving reasonable funds beyond to ensure that successive administartions hit the ground running instead of the empty coffers and stultifying debts normally bequeathed by most governors...

You don’t seem to know the meaning of Economic development in Africa, it begins with job creation and taxation, every other thing that follows us secondary.

No governor has ever solved all the problems of her state within 8 years but doing the basic is a priority. A wise man will first of all get the youth engaged in jobs. Banditry, crimes and terrorism happen as a result of unemployment. An idle man is the devil workshop and a man that must eat to survive will do whatever means to get food to survive.

So tell me which of the important problems of Anambra did Peter Obi Solve to have left 75 billion in state account? Leaving such money in state account is a corny and crafty move bro just to avoid EFCC Petition, Obi did entirely nothing beneficial to Anambra people. Obiano even did a lot more than Obi undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by JOemmy(m): 11:23pm On May 03, 2022
Egalitarian1:
It's only ethno-religious sentiments that make the enemies of Nigeria to condemn Peter Obi, thinking they are doing him or the Igbos.

In all sincerity, Peter Obi remains the best out of the crop of presidential aspirants in both PDP and APC. If we really want to move forward come 2023, Nigerians should support and vote for Peter Obi but if we aren't tired of our ethno-religiously inflicted suffering and smiling, then vote as usual. Una go still suffer am las las

Peter obi is no doubt amongst the very best presidential candidates but I really doubt if nigerians are civilized and matured enough to vote for people like that cause if you check well u will find out that nigerians have never chosen the best amongst them to govern them in their history tribal and religious sentiments have always been a deciding factor not capacity to govern
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by kelly72: 6:37am On May 04, 2022
hopexter:

As expected, if he did good things, Igbos and other tribe will be trooping into Anambra for investment and business. He didn’t even create a single policy. Anambra is closer to to Edo man like myself than Lagos and it would be better and saver to go to Anambra probably base and do business there instead of Lagos.

So tell me, what are the good thing he’s done for Anambra people? How has he empowered the youth in job creations and skills acquisition?

I know he’s one of your own but he can not provide and meet the needs of a single state, what can you do a whole 37 states in Nigeria?

Igbos and other tribes are trooping into Anambra. But you won't know because you don't travel, owing to your enclave mentality.

Ask around instead, you will be told that majority of the artisans working at building sites in the Southeast today are from the Southwest, just to mention only that.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by Gozac: 6:42am On May 04, 2022
Salvador1:
Peter Obi is a rare gem that must not be taken for granted.

This is the time Nigeria needs someone like him.

Consulting on issue based.
Not one that claimed it's his life long ambition as if his life depends on it.
I doubt if Nigerians are ready for good governance
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by maestroferddi: 6:53am On May 04, 2022
hopexter:

You don’t seem to know the meaning of Economic development in Africa, it begins with job creation and taxation, every other thing that follows us secondary.

No governor has ever solved all the problems of her state within 8 years but doing the basic is a priority. A wise man will first of all get the youth engaged in jobs. Banditry, crimes and terrorism happen as a result of unemployment. An idle man is the devil workshop and a man that must eat to survive will do whatever means to get food to survive.

So tell me which of the important problems of Anambra did Peter Obi Solve to have left 75 billion in state account? Leaving such money in state account is a corny and crafty move bro just to avoid EFCC Petition, Obi did entirely nothing beneficial to Anambra people. Obiano even did a lot more than Obi undecided undecided
It will be pointless arguing with you because you are completely welded to visceral reasoning and defeatist negativity...

Anambra State was number 26 out of 36 in educational performance per NECO and WAEC.

Peter Obi took Anambra to the FIRST POSITION within a few years.

Peter Obi employed thousands of Anambra youths within his tenure.

We are talking of a man who left government over 8 years ago but yet his impact is still being felt.

Don't take my word for it. Go to Anambra State and interview the people on Peter Obi's scorecard.

You can also surf the net for Peter Obi's interview with Nigeria Info radio station.

You will become a supporter in no time...
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by hopexter(m): 9:25am On May 04, 2022
maestroferddi:
It will be pointless arguing with you because you are completely welded to visceral reasoning and defeatist negativity...

Anambra State was number 26 out of 36 in educational performance per NECO and WAEC.

Peter Obi took the Anambra to the FIRST POSITION within a few years.

Peter Obi employed thousands of Anambra youths within his tenure.

We are talking of a man who left government over 8 years ago but yet his impact is still being felt.

Don't take my word for it. Go to Anambra State and interview the people on Peter Obi's scorecard.

You can also surf the net for Peter Obi's interview with Nigeria Info radio station.

You will become a supporter in no time...

My hometown isn’t that far from Anambra even though it isn’t an Eastern state. Thousands of people from Anambra come to Esan for their Waec and Neco during previous Governor before Obi and during Obi time. Education system then wasn’t fair to Igbos back I’m aware of but that has stopped but other than that, nothing has changed.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by hopexter(m): 9:29am On May 04, 2022
kelly72:

Igbos and other tribes are trooping into Anambra. But you won't know because you don't travel, owing to your enclave mentality.

Ask around instead, you will be told that majority of the artisans working at building sites in the Southeast today are from the Southwest, just to mention only that.

No ones comes to Anambra except for their Aba product which they come to buy in bulk, that has been there before Obi finished College.

Construction is a continuous thing in every part of the world, it’s mostly private entities who own such ventures and not government.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by Poleski: 9:30am On May 04, 2022
Peter Obi is the most qualified presidential aspirant since the Independence!
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by maestroferddi: 10:47am On May 04, 2022
hopexter:

My hometown isn’t that far from Anambra even though it isn’t an Eastern state. Thousands of people from Anambra come to Esan for their Waec and Neco during previous Governor before Obi and during Obi time. Education system then wasn’t fair to Igbos back I’m aware of but that has stopped but other than that, nothing has changed.
Like seriously?

Students from Anambra going to Edo State to write WAEC and NECO? Joke of the century.

If you had said Delta, maybe it could have made some sense but Edo abi na Esan? Come on!

You are no longer arguing constructively...just talking for the sake of talking.

Peter Obi is a reference person in performance in governance...Quit arguing blindly
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by MedicH: 11:40am On May 04, 2022
adefitim:

When will you learn?

I am not contesting any election. Peter obi is. I have only reasoned that when he wins, life will be better for me and u. We can have comprehensive health insurance and stop this nonsense of crowdfunding when somebody is ill and before u gather the required money begging on Facebook it is too late. We need good hospitals too and only Peter obi can do it. If u get critically ill coupled with ur insurance u don't need to beg anybody on Facebook and u get treated.

These things are possible with Peter obi. If u vote him, good for u, If u don't vote him, bad for u too.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by ikpumbe(m): 1:56pm On May 04, 2022
hopexter:

Don’t talk about that weakling called Jonathan again. Since he left office, has he visited any Igbo states? It was his cluelessness and failure that pushed Nigerians to this deceit and scam of a government.

Late Musa Yar’dua didn’t even stay upto 3 years in Power before Jonathan took over, completed Yar’dua remaining first tenure and contested for his, he won it and was president for 6 years. Someone that couldn’t do anything within his first 6 years still won’t do anything with the remaining 4 years that he failed to win. His 6 years failure pushed gullible Nigerians to Buhari angry

Toh
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by MrUchenna1(m): 2:07pm On May 04, 2022
God bless the woman that gave birth to PETER OBI kiss
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by hopexter(m): 4:21pm On May 04, 2022
maestroferddi:
Like seriously?

Students from Anambra going to Edo State to write WAEC and NECO? Joke of the century.

If you had said Delta, maybe it could have made some sense but Edo abi na Esan? Come on!

You are no longer arguing constructively...just talking for the sake of talking.

Peter Obi is a reference person in performance in governance...Quit arguing blindly

If you know nothing about it then shut your gutter. Will I just say what i don’t know? You might have written yours in Delta, thousands wrote theirs in Edo. Some prefer special centres in deeper parts of Edo. You are always here to argue blindly yet you blame someone not arguing constructively.
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by maestroferddi: 4:39pm On May 04, 2022
hopexter:

If you know nothing about it then shut your gutter. Will I just say what i don’t know? You might have written yours in Delta, thousands wrote theirs in Edo. Some prefer special centres in deeper parts of Edo. You are always here to argue blindly yet you blame someone not arguing constructively.
It is only bad eggs who look for special centers in order to indulge in examination malpractices.

In any case, the number of people doing the above is negligible.

Edo State hardly outperforms Igbo states like Imo, Abia and Anambra so why should a right-thinking person be coming to your remote Esan to write exams?

No de misyarn abeg...
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by hopexter(m): 5:04pm On May 04, 2022
maestroferddi:
It is only bad eggs who look for special centers in order to indulge in examination malpractices.

In any case, the number of people doing the above is negligible.

Edo State hardly outperforms Igbo states like Imo, Abia and Anambra so why should a right-thinking person be coming to your remote Esan to write exams?

No de misyarn abeg...

I’m glad you know it’s only bad eggs that look for special centres, Igbos are naturally not right thinking beings, especially anambra people , those private schools were shut down because of igbos, I newly got admission to PTI then and anytime I go home, the whole communities are filled with Igbos to the extend it made the communities busy, it was fun then Cos every house had an Igbo indigene renting a room there, it was like campus lol. That stuff lasted for more than 7 years, different set comes every year undecided
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by maestroferddi: 6:03pm On May 04, 2022
hopexter:

I’m glad you know it’s only bad eggs that look for special centres, Igbos are naturally not right thinking beings, especially anambra people , those private schools were shut down because of igbos, I newly got admission to PTI then and anytime I go home, the whole communities are filled with Igbos to the extend it made the communities busy, it was fun then Cos every house had an Igbo indigene renting a room there, it was like campus lol. That stuff lasted for more than 7 years, different set comes every year undecided
You should be grateful that the economy of your place depends on the Igbos...Inwardly you adore the Igbos but cheap envy will not allow you to concede...

Lets leave the matter of who is corrupting who for another day...
Re: Nigeria Should Be Proud Of People Like Peter Obi - Rivers PDP Chairman, Akawor by hopexter(m): 6:55pm On May 04, 2022
maestroferddi:
You should be grateful that the economy of your place depends on the Igbos...Inwardly you adore the Igbos but cheap envy will not allow you to concede...

Lets leave the matter of who is corrupting who for another day...

Isn’t this the problem with you igbos? You think too highly of yourself where as you are all trash with low self esteem. Exactly the reason why nobody likes you people. Feeling entitled where as you are all dependants. I have no reason to enjoy any Igbo cod they have nothing to offer just like Sir Obi. More 20% of igbos were able to go to uni cos of help they got from Edo but to you, it’s you that’s doing the favour. You must be an anambra man and I pity you if you truly are undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Melaye Calls For Election Boycott By Opposition / Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge / We Don't Belong To The Biafrans! A South/south Voices Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.