Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,816 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not (625 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Comment on Niger Crisis Got Me Thinking. / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / A Boys Phone Fell In A Sealed Gutter: Happened Yesterday And It Got Me Thinking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Israeldan1(m): 5:58pm On May 04, 2022
Seeing this passage in the Bible for the first time
And I be like no pastor has ever preached about removal of eyes if it's making u sin....

Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by HeRulesMen: 6:01pm On May 04, 2022
Bible admonished that.
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by bmdmix10: 6:10pm On May 04, 2022
Matthew wasn't paying attention to Jesus teaching
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Sndfrank: 6:10pm On May 04, 2022
This verse is directly telling you to take away all forms of temptation that cause you to sin.
With Amplified Version of the bible you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On May 04, 2022
bmdmix10:
He wasn't? undecided
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On May 04, 2022
HeRulesMen:
Bible admonished that.
How ?? undecided
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On May 04, 2022
Israeldan1:
Seeing this passage in the Bible for the first time
And I be like no pastor has ever preached about removal of eyes if it's making u sin....
What reason do you have against obeying Jesus Christ, the one you quoted there? undecided

You lot pretty much do as your pastors and mog command, so are you saying that when it comes to Jesus Christ, you have reservations? undecided
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by illicit(m): 6:48pm On May 04, 2022
My eyes don tear tey tey
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by bmdmix10: 6:58pm On May 04, 2022
Kobojunkie:
He wasn't? undecided
nope at all
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On May 04, 2022
bmdmix10:
nope at all
How so? undecided
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by boxer022(m): 6:59pm On May 04, 2022
That passage of the Bible doesn't mean you you physically harm yourself in the name of avoiding sin. It simply means that whatever it is that is a source of temptation to you which in this case could be friends, associates and people in general, you are to avoid them as it is better to loose that association with that person(s) than to find yourself in hell because of that person(s).
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by bmdmix10: 7:01pm On May 04, 2022
boxer022:
That passage of the Bible doesn't mean you you physically harm yourself in the name of avoiding sin. It simply means that whatever it is that is a source of temptation to you which in this case could be friends, associates and people in general, you are to avoid them as it is better to loose that association with that person(s) than to find yourself in hell because of that person(s).
so cover ur eyes shey.

Plz d passage was straight forward, my own b say Matthew wasn't paying attention when Jesus was preaching
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by boxer022(m): 7:10pm On May 04, 2022
bmdmix10:
so cover ur eyes shey.

Plz d passage was straight forward, my own b say Matthew wasn't paying attention when Jesus was preaching
Not cover your eyes, the eyes used in this context is not your physical eyes, but those close to you. If you are saying it is not so, how many people have you heard of that applied that teaching?
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On May 04, 2022
bmdmix10:
so cover ur eyes shey.
In the same Matthew, chapter 15 vs 9 - 10 , the same Jesus Christ, quoted in Matthew 5 vs 29 - 30 , goes on to explaining to you that what is fact causes you to sin are the lies/unholy things you have stored up on your heart - not those outwards things you think to blame when you succumb to temptation. undecided

This essentially reveals that to stop yourself from sinning, you don't literally need to pluck your eyes out, nor do you need to cut off your limbs. And you certainly don't need to avoid friends or places in order to achieve that. Instead, what you need do is replace the lies in your heart with God's Truth - the teachings (and commandments) of Jesus Christ. It is only by knowing God's Truth, this through continuous submission and obedience of the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ, that the Truth ,that the Truth will set you free from slavery to sin .... John 8 vs 31 - 32

The Gospel is meant to be digested as a whole not in pieces, that why I urge those who care to read through the 4 Gospels as if they would any Novel or textbook, collection together all the Truths as they read through to the recompile and realize the Truth of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On May 04, 2022
boxer022:
Jesus Christ did not teach avoidance as solution to the problem of sin though. He Himself did not avoid sinners. Jesus Christ, instead, said that if we carefully obey His teachings(commandments) we will be able to do what He did and more. undecided

1 Like

Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by HeRulesMen: 8:50am On May 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How ?? undecided

Anything that will stand as a barrier from making heaven, get rid of it even if it's your eyes.
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Israeldan1(m): 9:38am On May 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What reason do you have against obeying Jesus Christ, the one you quoted there? undecided

You lot pretty much do as your pastors and mog command, so are you saying that when it comes to Jesus Christ, you have reservations? undecided

Hmmm speechless
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Israeldan1(m): 9:38am On May 05, 2022
bmdmix10:

Lol
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Kobojunkie: 1:08pm On May 05, 2022
Israeldan1:
Hmmm speechless
You should this since you proclaim you love Jesus Christ, this to the hearing of your pastors and mogs, do you not? Loving Jesus Christ means trusting and obeying Him so do you suddenly see a problem with Him? undecided
Re: See What I Saw Today And Got Me Thinking If I Should Do It Or Not by Maynman: 4:31pm On May 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You should this since you proclaim you love Jesus Christ, this to the hearing of your pastors and mogs, do you not? Loving Jesus Christ means trusting and obeying Him so do you suddenly see a problem with Him? undecided

Where did Jesus say you should another man’s cursed labor?
You are an hypocrite.

Even with your Jesus you are still incomplete.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Stopped Paying Tithe In My Church? / Apostle Chibuzor Of OPM Relocates Struggling Family Of 7 To London. / No Plan To Impose Taxes On Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.