Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,062 members, 7,867,015 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor (8764 Views)

The Obi/kwankwaso Merger Is Ready! / Catriona Laing Visits Nnaemeka Alfred Ugochukwu Achebe, The Obi Of Onitsha / 2019:atiku And Peter Obi Visit Obi Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 31, 2022
Starcrest1:

So why is Okowa claiming Igbo if they are not confused?
answer: Okwa is a politician ?
You and him maybe confused, don't generalize your confusion unto others.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Starcrest1: 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ghostwon822:

Okwa is a politician, have you just discovered that politicians are liars who say what they need for their careers ?

Lols they can be whatever they want to be it's none of my business but they should stop claiming Igbo when they like and Ika at other times make thunder no fire them.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by omonnakoda: 7:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
DMerciful:
You're not ready for peace. I want peace and I have taken a path to peace. Continue in your tribal supremacy contest
Peace?
This sounds like a threat
The way you reason is upside down
Well you know your neighbours and what threats can achieve in our neighbourhood
No one will gift anyone presidency in Nigeria
We want to see that war
If you want to fire make you fire we will never follow you to that station.

Obi is contesting so let him work hard
But I do not think he will win so let us see the war you will bring
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
Peace?
This sounds like a threat
The way you reason is upside down
Well you know your neighbours and what threats can achieve in our neighbourhood
No one will gift anyone presidency in Nigeria
We want to see that war
If you want to fire make you fire we will never follow you to that station.

Obi is contesting so let him work hard
Yoruba and Igbo have had their turns, it is time other people of the south taste power. Buhari's V.P is a Yoruba, isn't he ?
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by omonnakoda: 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ghostwon822:

Yoruba and Igbo have had their turns, it is time other people of the south taste power. Buhari's V.P is a Yoruba, isn't he ?
Europe and South America have had their turns they should allow Africa win the World Cup
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
Europe and South America have had their turns they should allow Africa win the World Cup
The difference between football and elections is that in football you win on merit, whereas in elections people chose to give you the position, it is the people who appoint you, it has nothing to do with merit.
Unless you want to talk about rigging, in which case the better rigger wins, but I hope that is not what you are talking about, right ?
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 31, 2022
By voting, you are litteraly saying: this is the guy I want as president. It is your decision to make. The guy is not dribbling the ball like Pelé. You are giving him his position, if enough people agree with you.
Everybody in the south except Yoruba people should not vote for Yoruba, you guys keep acting as if you conquered the south and as if power is your birthright.
You conquered nobody.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by omonnakoda: 8:46pm On Dec 31, 2022
Ghostwon822:

The difference between football and elections is that in football you win on merit, whereas in elections people chose to give you the position, it is the people who appoint you, it has nothing to do with merit.
Unless you want to talk about rigging, in which case the better rigger wins, but I hope that is not what you are talking about, right ?
define merit? Your definition that election has nothing to with merit is nonsense
If people choose you then THAT is merit
You cannot legislate what the definition of merit should be
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Cantonese: 12:59am On Jan 01, 2023
Ghostwon822:

What I find annoying is when some uneducated people like yourself think they can teach actually educated people how to be educated. Your statement here makes no sense. What exactly were you trying to refute or to prove ? What does religion have to do with ethnicity ? What does this have to do with my comment ?
I am starting to believe you may be mentally ill.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Your propensity to insult people for no reason, tells us how uncouth you are.

You are completely not able to hold simple discussions; totally bereft of knowledge, absolutely lack decorum, irredeemably incapable of understanding.

How an inexperienced youth like you would call people uneducated, when your incapacities are very glaring, beats my imagination.

Stop your attempt at showmanship, as it is very clear that you are an arrogant Olodo. I am of the opinion that you have just completed your secondary school education. Seek your mates to exchange your infantile ideas

You have gone on insulting everyone here, as if you are the custodian of Agbor culture and tradition, yet you know absolutely nothing about the origin.

Abeg you are too little to engage in this conversation, as you know nothing.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 2:20am On Jan 01, 2023
omonnakoda:
define merit? Your definition that election has nothing to with merit is nonsense
If people choose you then THAT is merit
You cannot legislate what the definition of merit should be
If you can't see the difference between producing something and being given something, then I don't think you will ever be any useful in this life.
You reason like people who don't have anything to offer, but just want to take whatever is available.
The type of person who runs for presidency and declares his plan is to become president and earn lots of money for himself while in office.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Winnersunited: 5:44am On Jan 01, 2023
QueenAgbo:

God forbid,It has never been and will never be.
I thought Governor Ifeanyi Okowa said recently that he is Igbo, and that nobody should deny him his heritage. This should have settled the question whether the Agbors are brothers and sisters to the Igbos .
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Winnersunited: 5:51am On Jan 01, 2023
QueenAgbo:

Public notice:Dmerciful is an Igbo man from east who go on the internet claiming to be an Ika man from Ote-Okpu.I was asked him some very important questions and he was unable to answer them in the past.
Don't take him serious.
I thought Governor Ifeanyi Okowa said recently that he is Igbo. That nobody can deny him his heritage. This should have settled the question whether the Agbors are brothers and sisters to the Igbos.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 01, 2023
Winnersunited:
I thought Governor Ifeanyi Okowa said recently that he is Igbo. That nobody can deny him his heritage. This should have settled the question whether the Agbors are brothers and sisters to the Igbos.
Okowa is a politician telling the lies he needs to tell for his political career. I don't even think he has any idea of what he is saying. The folklore of the Agbor people is that they migrated from Benin city. The Agbor traditions are 100% Edo as you can see in the title of their monarch "Obi" an Edo title and as you can see in the Benin regalia of their monarch below and as you can see in the name of the same monarch (Obika Gbenoba grand father of the current monarch of Agbor). Also you can see precolonial documents which clearly identify Agbor as a part of Benin Kingdom/empire. Now that is what settles it. I've already said all this but your ilks live to blind themselves when they see proof that they are wrong.
I guess you guys just love to amplifie whatever goes in your direction and mute whatever doesn't, but in all logic I don't see how any sane person can say "Okowa said so, therefore everything else should be ignored...". You can't ignore actual evidence, you can't ignore logic, Okowa is not a deity, he is just a politician saying what his political career needs and in this case it is a lie.

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 10:35am On Jan 01, 2023
Show me any Ika or Anioma monarch, I will show you his Benin regalia.
So southeastern land grabbers, you need to look to the east in Cameroun where your fellow Bantu brothers live, you know the English speaking Cameroonians who chose to join Cameroon at independence.

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 01, 2023
Again trace the origin. And blind yourself if you are a land grabber trying to spread propaganda.

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 01, 2023
Cantonese:

Tell us the origin of the Agbor people. Tell us which language was originally spoken; which was lost and at which point? We all know about the present Obi, his father and his grand father.

Educated person tell us about migration. Where did the Agbor people migrate from? How did they get to their present location?

If you cannot, then please simply ask those who know to inform you.
This is how you have proven that you know nothing about history and that you have no logic. And I am tired of always responding to the same uneducated talking points.

1) history is not about telling a story, history is about showing evidence!
2) nobody alive today witnessed whatever you are talking about
3) all we can do is look for precolonial documents which describe the region and look at early photos of the region
4) all the evidence points to Agbor people being an Edo people
5) the thing which you don't understand due to your lack of proper education is that you can't tell a story which happened 1000 years ago without an eyewitness written record. So asking the questions you asked exposes your lack of intellectual maturity.

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595527q/f1.item.r=Royaume%20Benin.zoom#visuAccordion

Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by NLegendforte: 9:48am On Aug 15, 2023
Lol Edo and yoruba miscreants trying to distort history.
Re: The Origin Of Agbor And The Obi Of Agbor by Nmaemeka: 10:22am On Aug 15, 2023
QueenAgbo:

As a Benin slave,Am I crying to you to help me fight for me freedom?

We know say na land Una dey eye, Remember wetin my Owa people do Una during Biafra war? E go happen again.
interesting , please can tell me , what your owa people do to biafra or igbos during war

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari To Attend ECOWAS Extraordinary Summit In Accra / I Don't Believe The Problem With Nigeria Is Our Leaders / Boko Haram Leader Interogation Before Execution And Police Killing A Civilian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.