Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,107 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement (36563 Views)

Wike Reacts To Crisis In Rivers / My Second Name Is 'Trouble' — Wike Reacts To Senator Wamako Statement / Governor Wike Reacts To Demolition Of Mosque At Trans-Amadi Central, "Fake News" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by newdawn2017(f): 11:14pm On May 06, 2022
Kinematics:

We've had it more than you and just won more yet you are asking me what does my region have..

Kai...
loud it comerade ipigs re hopelessly defeated & face humiliation on every turn. I love it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by newdawn2017(f): 11:15pm On May 06, 2022
DonNeon:
Wicked wike...... now I see why ihedioha was kicked out without any cry out from his rivers brother...
which brother, what do u mean? Is he from. Akwaibom or any of d southern States?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Kinematics: 11:22pm On May 06, 2022
bigcasava1:
with the oil is river state more develop than imo state? No! Carry we no need am!

Is this a question or you are hallucinating?

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 06, 2022
paramakina202:

South South is a new creation and it is a geopolitical region while in reality Imo state and Rivers state belongs to same geographical space

both of them can be merged to become one state.

Don't you guys get tired. You complain about hate and insults yet when people speak with you gently you throw back this type of insults at them. No body wants to be with igbo in anything unless they are forced to. It is when you are hard of hearing that the insults pour in. Igbos get real. Fight for South East Biafra. You are unattractive to all. Let everyone go sort themselves out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by newdawn2017(f): 11:29pm On May 06, 2022
penearth:
Supreme Court governor MUST fight back. Wike u da learn work. U no fit carry another state wealth to Rivers. NEVER!!!!!!
Awon osi elede undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by newdawn2017(f): 11:35pm On May 06, 2022
paramakina202:

South South is a new creation and it is a geopolitical region while in reality Imo state and Rivers state belongs to same geographical space both of them can be merged to become one state.
unfortunately it can't be so. Except in Yr dreams kee dreams baby but on a 2nd thought, wetin dey my precious Rivers state that ibos re forcing urselves u to us, despite d resistance & humiliation u meet?

3 Likes

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by ThickSharon123(f): 11:45pm On May 06, 2022
djon78:

How much does Nigeria make from oil? Paltry $18billion

How much was Twitter sold $44 billion

Market capitalization of all the oil majors in the world are not even up to $500billion

But Facebook, Apple, Google, Amazon including Tesla are worth over $15 trillion

The earlier Africans begin to understand that real wealth is the one in our brains more than the one under the Earth.

The earlier we fix our problems

Oil is past her prime

Even the Arabs with oil 1000 times than Nigeria, understand this

They won't understand. They believe more oil means you're relevant. cheesy. I laugh at them, becuase when they see the east develop rapidly without their oil I wonder how the reaction is. Some are even saying south east doesn't have oil, as if we care even though there' are many in Anambra, imo and Abia state and perhaps Ebonyi yet to be discovered.

I wouldn't even tell an Igbo man to rely on crude oil, it doesn't show any worth. When you can't refine it at the spot for consumption and when you need it for export to only come back to you after payments for more consumption.

All we need to do as Igbo people is we shouldn't face our energies on the Ikwerre, Ijos and the likes. We should develop and tell them it isn't about oil, by then the black soot would be too bad for them grin and they'll be crying their crops and river is not good for farm. By then we would have been far ahead.

All we need to do is open an Igbo diaspora account. Our people far and wide begin to contribute and support us with the little they can, and we look for other means for development. Who oil help? They believe oil is for relevance, but they are clowns, becuase the relevance they seek has made them clowns to the world. They aren't global citizens but they have oil. grin grin ewu.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 06, 2022
Rugaria:

The oil communities in question are all Igbo speaking communities carved out from Imo and Abia states and given to Rivers state by some wicked set of mischievous military rulers. That's the fact. The so called governor of Rivers state has come out openly in the past to say that there are no igbos in Rivers! Yet he's dangerously coveting Oil and gas resources from Igbo communities carved out from the old Imo State! The military can not dictate our borders. We know our borders and will never recognize the ones fixed by a vindictive Obasanjo and friends. That is why the agitations are on to redress these iniquitous actions of the Nigerians state against the East. That agitations will never end until the truth is revealed on these issues..

There are no Igbos in Rivers or any inch of the SouthSouth. i repeat. There are no Igbos in Rivers or any inch of the SouthSouth.
After the creation of states, boundary communities were gradually allowed to chose where they want to be. Between Edo and Ondo, there were a few exchanges from errors made at state creation. If those Imo and Abia so called annexed communities actually want to be in the South East, they would have clamored and be allowed in. However the reality is everyone is happy to escape any union with Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by paramakina202: 11:50pm On May 06, 2022
newdawn2017:
unfortunately it can't be so. Except in Yr dreams kee dreams baby but on a 2nd thought, wetin dey my precious Rivers state that ibos re forcing urselves u to us, despite d resistance & humiliation u meet?

You guys are funny bunch. I am only discussing geographical locations of both states as neighbours, I am not even from any of the two states in question. You can go hug a wet transformer.
CC Jerryboy.
Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 06, 2022
newdawn2017:

That one puzzles me. Igbo go get pride and honor. Fulani have stripped Igbo of their dignity.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by seunmsg(m): 11:57pm On May 06, 2022
4. However, instead of instigating the NBC to do the right thing, Governor Emeka Ihedioha of Imo State, shortly after assuming office, repudiated the subsisting 50:50 percent sharing formula and made provocative claims to the exclusive ownership of the entire Akiri and Mbede oil wells.

Sadly, IPOB wailers have been accusing Hope Uzodinma of being the brain behind the case not knowing it was even Ihedioha of PDP.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by seunmsg(m): 12:06am On May 07, 2022
16. Now that the Supreme Court have spoken, we hope Governor Hope Uzodima will accept the outcome in good faith, refrain from his usual diatribes against the judiciary [/b]and explore possible pathways to accommodation and compromise from the Rivers State Government.

This is an olive branch from Gov. Wike. I am glad he’s very magnanimous in victory. This is very commendable. Goes to show the humanity in the governor. We need leaders with this kind of nationalistic and open mindset to be president. I’m impressed. Kudos Gov. Wike.

Hopefully, the two governors can sit down and work out a political solution that will be beneficial to the two states. Where the law ends, humanity sets in.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by seunmsg(m): 12:12am On May 07, 2022
17. This, [b]we may readily oblige, despite the betrayals and back-stabbing by Emeka Ihedioha, who in spite of the extensive support and goodwill he received from the Government and people of Rivers State to become Governor, led the onslaught and created a wedge between two brotherly States that have been living at peace and in friendship with each other.

Gov. Wike no dey take prisoners. He go give you hot hot as e dey go. He gave Ihedioha his size despite belonging to the same party. Very blunt and straightforward. This is how it should be.

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Terrence99: 12:37am On May 07, 2022
Rugaria:

The oil communities in question are all Igbo speaking communities carved out from Imo and Abia states and given to Rivers state by some wicked set of mischievous military rulers. That's the fact. The so called governor of Rivers state has come out openly in the past to say that there are no igbos in Rivers! Yet he's dangerously coveting Oil and gas resources from Igbo communities carved out from the old Imo State! The military can not dictate our borders. We know our borders and will never recognize the ones fixed by a vindictive Obasanjo and friends. That is why the agitations are on to redress these iniquitous actions of the Nigerians state against the East. That agitations will never end untill the truth is revealed on these issues..

Keep agitating in your region, that is your problem. If you know them born you well, enter South South.

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Blue3k(m): 1:05am On May 07, 2022
Rugaria:

The oil communities in question are all Igbo speaking communities carved out from Imo and Abia states and given to Rivers state by some wicked set of mischievous military rulers.

You guys will cry till the end of time over this issue. If I tell you get off the internet and solve it now you'll go mute or hit me 5 excuses why you won't. There's a constitutional method to solving this issue but none of you will put in the work.

Chapter 1 part 2 section 8-2

An Act of the National Assembly for the purpose of boundary adjustment of any existing State shall only be passed if- 

(a) a request for the boundary adjustment, supported by two-thirds majority of members (representing the area demanding and the area affected by the boundary adjustment) in each of the following, namely- 

(i) the Senate and the House of Representatives, 

(ii) the House of Assembly in respect of the area, and 

(iii) the local government councils in respect of the area. is received by the National Assembly; and 

(b) a proposal for the boundary adjustment is approved by - 

(i) a simple majority of members of each House of the National Assembly, and 

(ii) a simple majority of members of the House of Assembly in respect of the area concerned

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by djon78(m): 1:13am On May 07, 2022
ThickSharon123:

They won't understand. They believe more oil means you're relevant. cheesy. I laugh at them, becuase when they see the east develop rapidly without their oil I wonder how the reaction is. Some are even saying south east doesn't have oil, as if we care even though there' are many in Anambra, imo and Abia state and perhaps Ebonyi yet to be discovered.

I wouldn't even tell an Igbo man to rely on crude oil, it doesn't show any worth. When you can't refine it at the spot for consumption and when you need it for export to only come back to you after payments for more consumption.

All we need to do as Igbo people is we shouldn't face our energies on the Ikwerre, Ijos and the likes. We should develop and tell them it isn't about oil, by then the black soot would be too bad for them grin and they'll be crying their crops and river is not good for farm. By then we would have been far ahead.

All we need to do is open an Igbo diaspora account. Our people far and wide begin to contribute and support us with the little they can, and we look for other means for development. Who oil help? They believe oil is for relevance, but they are clowns, becuase the relevance they seek has made them clowns to the world. They aren't global citizens but they have oil. grin grin ewu.

That's why I laugh when all they say is oil oil

Even the Arabs with plenty oil and gas are diversifying there economies Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar are world class, diversified global cities

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Jostoman: 1:30am On May 07, 2022
Rastaramsey:
No be say them wan use the oil money develop the state lipsrsealed undecided undecided

Everything nah thief thief
e pain am grin

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Spandau: 2:58am On May 07, 2022
seunmsg:

This is an olive branch from Gov. Wike. I am glad he’s very magnanimous in victory. This is very commendable. Goes to show the humanity in the governor. We need leaders with this kind of nationalistic and open mindset to be president. I’m impressed. Kudos Gov. Wike.

Hopefully, the two governors can sit down and work out a political solution that will be beneficial to the two states. Where the law ends, humanity sets in.

As if the only and last ambition of any man on this earth is to become the president of Nigeria.
Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by caracas: 4:25am On May 07, 2022
gost:
Akri Wells operated by Agip are in Imo state, How the court got to the conclusion that they belong to Rivers is talk for another day, however the supreme Court have spoken and it is final. We rise.
IPOB should stop making empty noise and engage other Nigerians intellectually.
In this case it is not final cos justice was not done
You can’t take what belongs to me n hand over to some else n expect uhuru…,,na na
After all Supreme Court is not God n it’s becoming clearer n clearer that this Supreme Court hates imo state, from installing a non popular governor n now this…….
Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Naniboi17: 5:49am On May 07, 2022
[quote author=shortIGBOman post=112581787] Eyahhh. The only South East State that thought they have Oil are now none Oil producing State. This thing go pain them well well grin grin[/quote

Oga Imo still has over 100 wells..The ones in contention are just 17

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Naniboi17: 5:55am On May 07, 2022
PressMyButton:

17 oil Wells were disputed and challenged in court not 44. Wike fought for 17 oil Wells and won. No matter your consolation, all the oil Wells in Imo can't produce more than 17,000bpd.
When your foolhardiness haunts you right back in the ass, you turn around to accuse others of hate, nothwithstanding your innate covetousness.
Re again the press statement issued by Wike and see how you betrayed the magnanimity of the people of Rivers in every word of it.
All I see on this thread is ibos bitching over the landmark victory of your supposedly SS brothers.

Imo has over 100 oil wells

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by shortIGBOman: 6:01am On May 07, 2022
[quote author=Naniboi17 post=112595829][/quote]

Na lie

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Naniboi17: 6:18am On May 07, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Na lie

Which one is lie? Imo has about 163 oil wells excluding the oil wells in contention. The 17 oil wells in contention are very close to Imo state. In fact they are between Imo and Rivers state. The boundaries are not clearly defined. Imo state is also affected by the environmental hazard of those oil wells. I think that the National Boundary Commission should have been the best to put an end to the dispute.
Why should the Court interfere when the NBC are yet to produce a definite boundary?
Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Kinematics: 6:39am On May 07, 2022
Naniboi17:

Which one is lie? Imo has about 163 oil wells excluding the oil wells in contention. The 17 oil wells in contention are very close to Imo state. In fact they are between Imo and Rivers state. The boundaries are not clearly defined. Imo state is also affected by the environmental hazard of those oil wells. I think that the National Boundary Commission should have been the best to put an end to the dispute.
Why should the Court interfere when the NBC are yet to produce a definite boundary?

Mr. Man there has always been a definitive boundary since the creation of Rivers State in 1967 from the old eastern region. You ibos always want to steal what is not yours.

Rivers won by presenting the main borders drawn during the time of creation of Rivers. Even as at then there was nothing like Imo state. Go read the case very well before commenting ru**ish here.

Even in court the community in Egbema that own these wells were asked what state do they wish to belong to and the overwhelmingly chose Rivers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by 2tpick: 7:55am On May 07, 2022
jerseyboy:

There are no Igbos in Rivers or any inch of the SouthSouth. i repeat. There are no Igbos in Rivers or any inch of the SouthSouth.
After the creation of states, boundary communities were gradually allowed to chose where they want to be. Between Edo and Ondo, there were a few exchanges from errors made at state creation. If those Imo and Abia so called annexed communities actually want to be in the South East, they would have clamored and be allowed in. However the reality is everyone is happy to escape any union with Igbos.

U might even be a graduate. It's quite a pity

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 8:42am On May 07, 2022
2tpick:

U might even be a graduate. It's quite a pity

SOUTHERN CAMEROON LEFT NIGERIA BECAUSE THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE WITH IBOS

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Rugaria: 9:43am On May 07, 2022
jerseyboy:

What's this cowardly drunkard yapping about?
Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Nobody: 9:53am On May 07, 2022
Rugaria:

What's this cowardly drunka
rd yapping about?
IGBO TOXICITY DROVE SOUTH CAMEROON AWAY FROM NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by 2tpick: 10:03am On May 07, 2022
jerseyboy:

SOUTHERN CAMEROON LEFT NIGERIA BECAUSE THEY DID NOT WANT TO BE WITH IBOS

Lolzz
Juxtapose this with the statement I quoted and apply some critical thinking this time. I even thought u were showing me proof of what u claimed. Even the evidence u brought contrasted with the context u were trying to create. From this evidence, u ended up making the igboes look superhuman.

If geopolitical zones were created to denote ethnic groups, does it mean that there are no yorubas in the north central geopolitical zone? Geopolitical zones has nothing to do with ethnicity unless u want to tell me that people in cross river or taraba (closest to the southern cameroonians) are also igboes.

1 Like

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Collyti19: 10:04am On May 07, 2022
You no get stamina u wan drag oil with jagaban wike

2 Likes

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Kinematics: 12:20pm On May 07, 2022
jerseyboy:

IGBO TOXICITY DROVE SOUTH CAMEROON AWAY FROM NIGERIA

This is a known fact since 1961.

3 Likes

Re: Oil Wells: Wike Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement by Burjkhalifa001: 1:20pm On May 07, 2022
grin grin grin says a unity beggar and a thief
EmekaA125:

Useless comment. Igbo don't need minorities with confused identity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Owo Massacre, Calls Government Clueless / Emir Sanusi Strips Lamido Bayero Of Title / Dele Momodu Shares Throwback Photos Of Late MKO Abiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.