Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? (3521 Views)

Groom Disappears On His Wedding Day, Bride Goes Ahead With The Event In U.K / Advice Needed: Should I Go Ahead With The Introduction / My Fiancee Betrayed Me: Should I Go Ahead With The Marriage Plans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by Rickmann: 10:35pm On May 06, 2022
Charlex23:
Good Evening Nairalanders. So this would be my first time posting anything about my personal life here. I'll try to be declamatory and concise in my write up.
So I happened to have known her since 2018 and we started off as being friends,met her on Facebook, finally got a chance to meet her in person and luckily for me she stays very close to me in Lagos. To be honest we really have this bond and connection whenever we have a conversation, and I'll say she's a very lovely person with a good heart. Hardly a day or two passes by without the both of us keeping in touch. She's everything I would ever desire in a woman.
Even though she's just my friend, there's this uniqueness about her that just sweeps me off my feet, the thing is that she isn't a materialistic type of girl, she's down to earth, supportive,loyal and always cares about me so much tho we are not dating.
Despite the fact that we've been real close and I loved her since I set my eyes on her, I intentionally never wanted to display my love for her, most at times I have this urge to open up to her and express my feelings, but I don't want to be seen as being a weak man. I wanted to be sure if the love she had for me is mutual before I think of expressing mine. I actually withheld this feelings in me for about 3 years or thereabout. So the thing is i study in a federal university in Nigeria. Owerri to be precise, and I'm currently in my final year, but due to the strike I've been at home for some months.
So last week I was having a conversation with her on what's app and she was like professing her love for me and how she really started developing feelings for me for some time now, deep down I was so excited, it was like a dream come true for me because I've always wanted her to say this. She asked me if we could start up something and see where it leads us to, but I just had to tell her I'll have a thought about it. Now the problem is that she'll be travelling to Canada by August for her studies,and I'm really scared I might eventually lose her when she get there, obviously she'll meet guys who are better than me and might eventually succumb to one of those niggas over there, because I know girls are vunerable. you know I had to discuss my insecurities with her, but she promised me she won't succumb to any of them and that she loves me and can't do that to me. Mind you she's still a virgin and I'll be her first boyfriend, besides she's too beautiful and I know that guys won't let her rest, she always tells me how guys always pester her and all that, but because she loves me that's the reason she dosen't want to give in to any of their request. She's just so beautiful that even my mind won't even be at rest when she's not around me. She has been all around me since yesterday and promising me she'll be mine alone and everything, but the truth of the matter is I'm scared. I so much love her, but I just want to be sure I don't have any regrets.
I know she loves me too, because there have been difficult situations I've been through in the past but she salvaged it.
I have good intentions for her and I want to make her my wife if possible, probably when I'm done with studies. if I was still a play boy like I was previously,I would just want a taste of the cookie and run away, but ever since this girl came into my life as an important figure, all these bad boy traits in me just vanished, I can't really tell how . Before now, I don't even have time for love, I just do my normal hookup and please myself.But I'm just scared of her leaving me if she eventually gets there, besides the long distance relationship is stressful but I believe she's a good girl and it's worth fighting for. Do u guys feel I should give this a chance and just see how things would go? Please I need your advice?

Why do you ask questions you have answers to already?. Only you knows how you feel about her, we don't.. Just follow ur heart bro.

Love is a beautiful thing when you find ur soul mate.

Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by SpiritFree: 1:16am On May 07, 2022
You're fvck'd up on soo many levels undecided
I didn't read this to end
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by haggai247: 7:10am On May 07, 2022
Charlex23:
Good Evening Nairalanders. So this would be my first time posting anything about my personal life here. I'll try to be declamatory and concise in my write up.
So I happened to have known her since 2018 and we started off as being friends,met her on Facebook, finally got a chance to meet her in person and luckily for me she stays very close to me in Lagos. To be honest we really have this bond and connection whenever we have a conversation, and I'll say she's a very lovely person with a good heart. Hardly a day or two passes by without the both of us keeping in touch. She's everything I would ever desire in a woman.
Even though she's just my friend, there's this uniqueness about her that just sweeps me off my feet, the thing is that she isn't a materialistic type of girl, she's down to earth, supportive,loyal and always cares about me so much tho we are not dating.
Despite the fact that we've been real close and I loved her since I set my eyes on her, I intentionally never wanted to display my love for her, most at times I have this urge to open up to her and express my feelings, but I don't want to be seen as being a weak man. I wanted to be sure if the love she had for me is mutual before I think of expressing mine. I actually withheld this feelings in me for about 3 years or thereabout. So the thing is i study in a federal university in Nigeria. Owerri to be precise, and I'm currently in my final year, but due to the strike I've been at home for some months.
So last week I was having a conversation with her on what's app and she was like professing her love for me and how she really started developing feelings for me for some time now, deep down I was so excited, it was like a dream come true for me because I've always wanted her to say this. She asked me if we could start up something and see where it leads us to, but I just had to tell her I'll have a thought about it. Now the problem is that she'll be travelling to Canada by August for her studies,and I'm really scared I might eventually lose her when she get there, obviously she'll meet guys who are better than me and might eventually succumb to one of those niggas over there, because I know girls are vunerable. you know I had to discuss my insecurities with her, but she promised me she won't succumb to any of them and that she loves me and can't do that to me. Mind you she's still a virgin and I'll be her first boyfriend, besides she's too beautiful and I know that guys won't let her rest, she always tells me how guys always pester her and all that, but because she loves me that's the reason she dosen't want to give in to any of their request. She's just so beautiful that even my mind won't even be at rest when she's not around me. She has been all around me since yesterday and promising me she'll be mine alone and everything, but the truth of the matter is I'm scared. I so much love her, but I just want to be sure I don't have any regrets.
I know she loves me too, because there have been difficult situations I've been through in the past but she salvaged it.
I have good intentions for her and I want to make her my wife if possible, probably when I'm done with studies. if I was still a play boy like I was previously,I would just want a taste of the cookie and run away, but ever since this girl came into my life as an important figure, all these bad boy traits in me just vanished, I can't really tell how . Before now, I don't even have time for love, I just do my normal hookup and please myself.But I'm just scared of her leaving me if she eventually gets there, besides the long distance relationship is stressful but I believe she's a good girl and it's worth fighting for. Do u guys feel I should give this a chance and just see how things would go? Please I need your advice?

Bro you are insecure deal with that first.

You have a great advantage she is the one chasing you...you have nothing to lose, she has investment in you just go with the flow.

Dog wey go lose no go hear hunter whistle...na so my yoruba people dey talk...if she go cheap for Canada she go cheat for Nigeria.

Stop pretending about life.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by phemmyfour: 7:31am On May 07, 2022
Charlex23:

No long thing....go ahead and express your feelings, it's not a sign of weakness
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by halaqasa: 8:11am On May 07, 2022
Persephone1:
A lady who chose to have you as her lover despite going overseas is not vulnerable, you are the insecure one. Heaven knows why she wants to be tied to you when there is a broad pool of fishes to pick from in Canada.

If you know you can't survive the distance and anxiety just let it go.

There isn't broad pool of fishes in Canada

My cousin Sister dae that side and nah so so WhatsApp call everytime

She is so lonely walahi

MODIFIED

Me sef dun join grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:09am On May 07, 2022
Nonexisting:
You people are still children so this madness called love will clear una eyes soon especially hers. "Send your daughter to school, she will come back grown" is a quote by Ice Cube. You will understand the quote by the time she graduates from that her abroad school.

No mind the MuMu OP..
If he fails to Fuckkk that girl now,he would regret it when other guys fuckkk her finish and she comes back to him with a teary eyes that she was forced to do it..
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:14am On May 07, 2022
Charlex23:

I didn't say she's vulnerable. I actually meant most ladies are vunerable. Besides my ex girlfriend this was the exact reason we broke up, she travelled out and the r/ship died a natural death.I'm just trying to prevent this from happening the second time. It's not like I'm insecure, i only need this constant re assurance from her that she would abide by her words. Talk is cheap

If you like no fuckkk that virgin ToTo..
When another sharp guy help you Disvirgin her.. the pain would be so unbearable for you..

Was once in your shoes.. she promised heaven and Earth.. but came back no longer a virgin.. the thoughts that I met her when she was a virgin and another man now open her before me was so painful.. I fuckkedd her couple of times and dumped her till date..
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:16am On May 07, 2022
MAGG0T:
smiley

we are about losing a soul to "sniper de Pesticide"... Before this OP knows what hit him, it might be too late....

Explore her honeypot and wait for an inevitable doom, when she's travelled out to study....

Don't say Magg0t didn't warn you, fool

He is a fool.. he should fuckkk her now.. if not.. he would regret it when the girl breaks the news to him on phone with a teary eyes that she is no longer a virgin..
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by Zionmosesh(m): 12:22pm On May 07, 2022
Charlex23:

It's a 50/50 chance. you take it if you can or leave it
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by lereinter(m): 12:25pm On May 07, 2022
Find money follow her go canada
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by qtguru(m): 12:29pm On May 07, 2022
Charlex23:

I didn't say she's vulnerable. I actually meant most ladies are vunerable. Besides my ex girlfriend this was the exact reason we broke up, she travelled out and the r/ship died a natural death.I'm just trying to prevent this from happening the second time. It's not like I'm insecure, i only need this constant re assurance from her that she would abide by her words. Talk is cheap

Guy my babe dey poland, and I am prepared for breakfast. stop over-thinking and move on with life

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 1:21pm On May 07, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
A) telling a woman how you feel about her is NOT a show of weakness...in the contrary!
B) long distance r/ship are not that easy to maintain, especially for people who dont know one another. best is to let her go, keep in touch as friends, and if ever she comes back (and you guys feel the same way) continue where you left off.
C) stop being insecure thinking that men abroad are automatically better than you....thats a fallacy, and this type of low self esttem insecurity has to go from your head. be the best you can be and basta, stop trying to anticipate who/what/where/how she is gonna be over there. ultimately, if she meets a dude there and has a r/ship, so be it... when she comes back, you evaluate the person she is and decide if you want to continue.
D) trying to stop her from living her Canada adventure fully is not only wrong, its childish...stop trying to held that girl down...let her fly away...if she really cares for you, she'll know what to do.
E) you gotta deal with your own insecurities... dont try to put that on her and emotionally blackmail that girl under the guise of future wife/marriage bla bla bla
FINALLY nobody knows what will happen in Canada. there are so many variable that will come into play, and the life she lives there will be a culture shock that may change her for the best/worst...and sadly, you might not be included in that new outlook of life of hers. but rest assured that trying to tie her down wont solve anything...especially when she is 10000kms away!
you said it all comrade. I learn a couple of stuff from your reply
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by shiffynaani(m): 7:13pm On May 08, 2022
qtguru:

Guy my babe dey poland, and I am prepared for breakfast. stop over-thinking and move on with life
Good evening boss. I applied tfor google data analysis course and i was taken.

Boss should I start the course? Hope it's also profitable and high in demand like web dev and can also be done remotely too?

Thanks sir
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by Realbuzzing(m): 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2022
Charlex23:
So I happened to have known her since 2018

Futo right?
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by Realbuzzing(m): 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2022
Charlex23:
Good Evening Nairalanders. So this would be my first time posting anything about my personal life here. I'll try to be declamatory and concise in my write up

Futo right?
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by Charlex23(m): 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2022
Realbuzzing:

Futo right?
Yes sir... FUTO
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by Realbuzzing(m): 5:17pm On Jun 05, 2022
Charlex23:

Yes sir... FUTO

May I pm u na
So we go fit chat on WhatsApp
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by Charlex23(m): 5:24pm On Jun 05, 2022
Realbuzzing:

May I pm u na
So we go fit chat on WhatsApp
Ooh .. No problem baba.
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by Agbebakun22: 6:28pm On Jun 05, 2022
okoroemeka:
my candid and elderly advice for you is to simply tell the girl how much you love her,sweep her off her feet and make her feel like a queen,a girl like that is hard to find,don't waste time after reading this, immediately tell her how much you love her more than your mother, believe me it may be your ticket to Canada.
lmao na so e take easy to enter canada. Easy ticket nko
Re: Should I Go Ahead With This Relationship? by Realbuzzing(m): 10:32am On Jul 12, 2022
Charlex23:

Ooh .. No problem baba.

Mr email is no more working Sir

Chat me on WhatsApp Zero 7 Zero 6 eight 2 seven 6 one 4 six

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Date? / What Married Women Who Cheat On Their Husband Don't Understand / American Rapper Finds Out He Isn’t The Father Of His 3 Kids After DNA (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.