Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution (15072 Views)

ISRAEL Warns UN Security Council Of Regional War If Hezbollah Is Not Disarmed. / North Korea Issues A Stark Warning To The UN Security Council( Pics) / Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Didi2d(m): 12:00pm On May 07, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I never believed Russia could stay this long in Ukraine with their level of preparation. See those heavy tanks line up in procession into Ukraine, as if the world wouid just end. Some even said WW3 had begun. Ukraine ended up destroying most of them including their modern fighter jets and overrated warship. They lost great men and generals too. Most of the time, those who don't make noise are more dangerous.

Sometime ago, a gang of robbers threatened to visit the man whose street we lived in was named after. He's a wealthy and popular man in Lagos in the 90s. He didn't talk nor inform the police about the threats but he was well prepared for them. On the fateful night, they came, shot in the air to scare security personnel manning the street gates.

By the time they entered this man's house, only one managed to escape. He brought down about 5 of them, while the 2 of them keeping vigil on the streets zoomed off together with the one who managed to escape with heavy gunshot wounds. They came for his money cos in the 90s, people were keeping money at home, unlike now that Internet banking has taken over, except our politicians. What a lesson !

No country would take Russia seriously again in the future.

The man you talked about, was he a custom officer?

Once heard a story of a custom officer that did something like this
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by pquaver(m): 12:26pm On May 07, 2022
Apili:
Please this war should do and end
Still looks like a nightmare to me
After going for visa interview
Then 2days after Russia invaded
My heart is bleeding

Village people Chai.. You for dey Germany now or UK Kai..
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Papichulostunne(m): 12:29pm On May 07, 2022
Fuckyoumod:
UN can't bite!

However, Russia can't back down now in shame, as backing down now would be too shameful and embarrassing to the state of Russia. Russia is tired of the war, but don't know how to end it.

Russia underestimated a united and committed Ukraine with a powerful western and NATO backing.

If Russia don't back down now, they would be left with no ego and face as they would be drained in this war economically, militarily and other cost. Because this war would linger for years. A lot of people don't know the west intends to drain Russia with a long war using Ukraine as the contact point.

Don't worry about Ukraine, they would be rebuilt by those using them. Russia can't sustain a long long war.

Where is Putin?

Tell him that the humiliation has not started yet. After 3 years of this war, Russia will be so exhausted and begging for a peaceful solution.

Already Russia elites are heading for Qatar in there numbers. They are leaving Russia for Putin. Lol.....

Ukraine will forever be indebted to the western countries for both money and aid sent to them and also for rebuilding after all this is over.. they are indebted till Jesus come back again.. So tell me who will loose it all in the end. They will one day cry out "if only we saw through these devils like Putin did". U.S will hand pick anyone to do their bidding as president
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by benardtotti(m): 12:34pm On May 07, 2022
texazzpete:

The majority of the world that isn’t under repressive governments blames Russia. You know, the people who invaded.

Pope Francis has no clue about the war, and he’s not an expert in these matters. His statement on the matter was extremely unwise, shameful and disappointing, and I say that as a Catholic.

This has got to be the dumbest post I ever read on nairaland on this war , the Pope according to you is an ignoramus ,lol smh ! Anyway nothing surprises me where Nigerians are involved with their arm chair and online analysis.
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by benardtotti(m): 12:45pm On May 07, 2022
chronique:

That’s pure gibberish. Russia pulled forces from Kiev as a result of initial negotiations held in turkey before Ukraine decided to back out from the deal.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pentagon-dubious-russian-withdrawal-north-kyiv-expects-troops/story?id=83740519

You dey mind am , the truth is people believe what they want to believe not because what they believe is a fact or truth . Unfortunately facts can't be changed. Russia pulled out of kyiv cos of the agreement which was actually a blessing in disguise as they could now fully focus on the donbass.
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Obafavour(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2022
osazsky:
so after ukrain killed 22000 soldiers and d idiot sent another 100k soldiers that are still been slained it's not still a war..military exercise I guess..let the war begin

He will send 2m civilians next..I hope u know d population of Russia.. it has land mass for nothing.
Will you just shut up and be wise for once.
Imagine US and NATO are nt backing ukraine.
Do you really think it's ukraine that's fighting the war or NATO?
This war is NATO vs russia.
You just keep posting imaginary figures from the west propaganda, the west that are ashame to post the ukrainian soldiers lost, weapon seized and weapon destroyed.
No wonder they used democracy to steal from your ancestors wealth.
And you still worship those theives, zelenskyy will regret calling on NATO for help.
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Bigchristo: 1:28pm On May 07, 2022
dettolgel:
They are trying to create a face-saving path for Putin.

If he is wise he better takes it and then go rebuild his military.

Because from what we have seen if he continues on this path his military will be degraded to a point where rebuilding it to a superpower status will take more longer time.
They’re not interested in your opinion and breaking news Russia ain’t backing down until they get what they want, the UN has been there since the Ukrainian government has been bombing and killing people of Luhansk and Donbass nobody interferes when Russia stepped in everybody started yelling as if the war started when Russia conducted it first military operations, if you want to solve problem trace it back to the very beginning and start from there.

2 Likes

Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Funflipper: 1:29pm On May 07, 2022
adriano50:
What will happen to all the Russian money frozen?the economic hardship?the embargoes?this war will continue until all Russia demands are meant

The frozen money will be used to rebuild Ukraine. Of course the war will continue until russia is completely exhausted and afterwards, they will be given free rides in (air ambulances and body bags) back to where they came from.
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 07, 2022
spidey77:
I hope their peaceful resolution will cover compensation of Russia for damages caused by sanctions.
I hope it will compensate Russian oligarchs whose businesses where forcefully taken. I mean that I hope Chelsea is returned to Abramovich.
I hope innocent civilians like Russian tennis and other individual sports players who represent their selves (not their country) will be compensated for the damage to their careers caused by discriminatory removals/bans from competitions. Imagine that an innocent Akara seller selling on the streets of Kano gets her business stopped because Wike is Fighting Ganduje.

I hope their mediation will actually be mediation and not political lips-licking!!! I really hope!!
While you suggest they settle all the oligarchs, please suggest that they bring back all the people that Russia killed as well
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Funflipper: 1:42pm On May 07, 2022
benardtotti:

This has got to be the dumbest post I ever read on nairaland on this war , the Pope according to you is an ignoramus ,lol smh ! Anyway nothing surprises me where Nigerians are involved with their arm chair and online analysis.

Of course the pope is an old school shmuck who is still stuck in WW2 era just like putin otherwise he would have known that Ukraine is a sovereign nation and they have every right to associate with any country they deemed fit.
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by peculiar2233: 1:54pm On May 07, 2022
adriano50:
What will happen to all the Russian money frozen?the economic hardship?the embargoes?this war will continue until all Russia demands are meant
Russia money frozen will be used to rebuild Ukraine
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 07, 2022
Funflipper:

The frozen money will be used to rebuild Ukraine. Of course the war will continue until russia is completely exhausted and afterwards, they will be given free rides in (air ambulances and body bags) back to where they came from.
peculiar2233:

Russia money frozen will be used to rebuild Ukraine
Not one dollar from russia frozen assets will be touched. Even your banks do not touch the money of citizens whose accounts have been frozen talk less about a superpower. I do not know how this war will end but what I do know is that everyone including USA, Russia, EU, and the rest of the world would not like the outcome. The economic impact of the war hasn't yet touched everyone. Even Nigeria will also be affected.

1 Like

Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by ken045501: 2:16pm On May 07, 2022
Which side are you people standing strong again? Is it on social media ? Asking for a friend
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by goodheart01: 2:40pm On May 07, 2022
ken6488:

Mother Russia is not backing down by the end of the war Ukraine would have lost most of his land forget about it

Let see by may 9 If Putin finally declare war on Ukraine and end this war

U people sound so whack like Putin himself. Have u people shifted it to May 9 again?? I thought Ukraine was just a walkover so why declaring war? For your info this is already a war. The moment Putin made use of Chechen special forces and made use of his so called hypersonic missiles made it a war. It’s already a war and that’s why Putin has lost most of his important generals and also lost an important ship like the Moskva
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by goodheart01: 2:51pm On May 07, 2022
Krismas:
grin Chai! Wen will u people ever have brain? If Ukraine is winning? Why is spending so much on weapons? How can u spend 12billion USD in 3months? Wot did u use it to do? No single counter attack of note! U sink Moskva? grin That wot u use 12billon USD to do?
Now the Americans want to increase it to 33billion USD grin the Americans are talking of land-lease for Ukraine grin And yet u still believe Russia is losing?
Zelensky is asking for 7billon USD per month to keep Ukraine running! Ukraine is gone Incase u don’t know how to process data grin

U see.. that’s the problem with Putin dogs. U guys have comprehension issues. I was never talking about Ukraine winning rather, rather about Russia fighting an unnecessary war. They fell into America’s trap, because the US created another Afghanistan for them right at their doorstep. Putin isn’t only overrated he’s also foolish.
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by DimIsaac10(m): 2:56pm On May 07, 2022
I still don't get it how people think Russia is loosing. They are currently in Ukraine.
Ukraine are the ones fleeing.
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by goodheart01: 2:59pm On May 07, 2022
anonymous1759:

You’re the only one living in delusion. When the war is over I hope you won’t call Putin a tyrant or a blood sucker when the secret will be unveiled that Ukraine suffered heavy losses keep on living in your fantasy land time will tell .

We all know Ukraine is suffering great casualties, that’s old news. But the epic story is the fact that a whole self acclaimed super power like Russia is suffering heavy losses and also finding it hard to take Ukraine in matter of days as they boasted. What u should be worried about now is after that war, no one will take Russian military serious again, not even their ally China because they’re overrated.

By the way, why are u using the term “when the war is over”? I thought u guys said it’s not yet a war and Putin hasn’t declared war yet... Lol. Confused set of Putineers
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by goodheart01: 3:05pm On May 07, 2022
olarent:
You are a kid which don't understand anything one country fighting 40 countries without relenting.you know nothing guy.

First of all I’ll tell u I’m old enough to beat sense into u and also old enough to remember how Russia made this same mistake under the USSR during Dmitri Gobarachev’s reign as Soviet prime minister. We also saw what their whack weapons did for Saddam during the gulf war in the late 80s. Russia has always been overrated since the Cold War era till date
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Krismas(m): 3:06pm On May 07, 2022
goodheart01:

U see.. that’s the problem with Putin dogs. U guys have comprehension issues. I was never talking about Ukraine winning rather, rather about Russia fighting an unnecessary war. They fell into America’s trap, because the US created another Afghanistan for them right at their doorstep. Putin isn’t only overrated he’s also foolish.
grin Wrong again grin America is the one who underestimated the resilience of the Russian economy, thinking that global sanctions would impoverish Russia grin
Rather it made Russia far far richer grin It is America that stand the chance of going broke if the war in Ukraine prolongs. They’ve already spent 12billion USD just in 3 months? At that rate, they will spend 4.8trillion USD in ten yrs grin More than 4 times what they spent in Afghanistan for 20yrs grin
What kind of stupid war is that? U think war cost does not matter?
Meanwhile Joe Biden’s approval rating is 30% grin While Putin’s rating is 80% all thanks to the war in Ukraine grin
Come again, did u say Russia made a mistake invading Ukraine? Then u must be a learner grin
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by goodheart01: 3:11pm On May 07, 2022
Xpress24:
grin one room apartment off me

My brother, u can imagine. Him sey na mother Russia
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Xpress24(m): 3:24pm On May 07, 2022
goodheart01:

My brother, u can imagine. Him sey na mother Russia
hahahaha
No be only mother Russia na papa Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by benardtotti(m): 3:37pm On May 07, 2022
Funflipper:

Of course the pope is an old school shmuck who is still stuck in WW2 era just like putin otherwise he would have known that Ukraine is a sovereign nation and they have every right to associate with any country they deemed fit.

Good so next time buhari and Co draft Nigeria into an Islamic league of nations don't come crying islamization they are only practicing the right of association with other countries.
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by MrHeff(m): 3:42pm On May 07, 2022
Elvictor:
Lol,

I thought the UN said, they won't intervene that Russia will beg, what changed?

They realize the sanction didn't only work, it backfired, and the people who doesn't want peace, the people that said Ukraine will defeat Russia, are now pleading for peace, lol.

Now, we know, Russia has proven that she is the country saving the ass of those proud Westerners grin grin.
Without Russia, Westerners are broke

If this is the kind of people supporting Putin, then it is no surprise he is getting embarrassed left and right on the world stage...
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Obafavour(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2022
[s]
MrHeff:

If this is the kind of people supporting Putin, then it is no surprise he is getting embarrassed left and right on the world stage...
[/s]
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Fuckyoumod: 3:55pm On May 07, 2022
MT:

Brilliant analytical mind. Exactly everything I always tell people. Respect, bro
thanks my guy!
Very few persons can see what we see.

1 Like

Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by paafin(m): 4:03pm On May 07, 2022
US won't allow this..

Their weapons industries need alot of money.
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by paafin(m): 4:13pm On May 07, 2022
NATO must provide for Ukraine till the end..

Shey, They want Ukraine to win?

They must finish this..

Meanwhile, Popasnaya has been liberated by the Chechen and Spetnaz forces..

Mop up ongoing..

The second most fortified city after Mauripol now in Russian control.

Next is Maryinka and Lyman

Then, Donbass is touch and go!
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by MrHeff(m): 4:14pm On May 07, 2022
ElijahIme1992:
looooooooooool u people go behind to beg Russia to stop the war den come out in the open to beat ur chest... I think say Ukraine dey win na so wetin be dis UN resolution again oboy me and Putin don discuss dis war must continue anybody wey put hand na wotowoto suntin gringringringringringrin
Only Ukraine alone and Russia has lost over 20k soldiers. Who Putin wan intimidate again?

NATO has only sent weapons(their basic ones at that), they have not even stepped fully into the war, and see how your Putin is being exposed as weak and incompetent. Military in shambles, and economy holding on for dear life.

If The West fully steps in, Russia would be disgraced and stripped of it's world power status. The only trump card Russia has is nukes, and the west also has it. The West has already developed weapons that can intercept and destroy nuclear weapons before they hit. So tell me, who exactly does Putin intimidate?

People are only mentioning peace because they know how expensive and time wasting war can be, not that they are scared of weakling Putin. If e sure for am, make he launch the first nuke and see how everybody will ensure Russia is finished for good. Even China will abandon them...

Wake up and smell the coffee
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by paafin(m): 4:17pm On May 07, 2022
MrHeff:
Only Ukraine alone and Russia has lost over 20k soldiers. Who Putin wan intimidate again?

NATO has only sent weapons(their basic ones at that), they have not even stepped fully into the war, and see how your Putin is being exposed as weak and incompetent. Military in shambles, and economy holding on for dear life.

If The West fully steps in, Russia would be disgraced and stripped of it's world power status. The only trump card Russia has is nukes, and the west also has it. The West has already developed weapons that can intercept and destroy nuclear weapons before they hit. So tell me, who exactly does Putin intimidate?

People are only mentioning peace because they know how expensive and time wasting war can be, not that they are scared of weakling Putin. If e sure for am, make he launch the first nuke and see how everybody will ensure Russia is finished for good. Even China will abandon them...

Same way the West and it allies invaded Afghanistan and ran out after 20 years grin

Western power indeed grin
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by Obafavour(m): 4:40pm On May 07, 2022
MrHeff:
u knw nothing abt dis war
Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by mach7(m): 4:51pm On May 07, 2022
VOICEofORIENTAL:
If you accuse of him repeating western narratives then, which narratives are you yourself repeating?... maybe Russian & Chinese narratives.

You also mentioned CNN & BBC talking points?Do you know that the kremlins spokesman, Dimitri peskov speaks & chats with this Western media's almost every day?

If this Western media's are not important to you they are very very important to the Kremlin.

At the beginning of this invasion, Russia closed most channels of communication between Russia & the western media.They rescinded their decision after they realized that they needed the western media's to tell their own side of the story.

Now, ask yourself why did Russia decided to open those channels of communication they blocked at the beginning of this invasion?
You need to put on your thinking cap. I follow both sides of the news and I chose what to believe which is corroborated by facts on the ground.

Dmitry Peskov is the Chief Information Officer of the Presidential Administration. It is his duty to speak with all Media Outlets including Western ones and provide answers to questions posed by them all. It doesn't mean that he believes them or that he needs them. They are all doing their jobs.

However, on the part of the Western media they do have an agenda of twisting facts, ignoring truths and running narratives provided to them by their own intelligence agencies.

On the part of communication channels, you are very wrong, Russia did not close out communication channels to the West. It was the West who banned all Russian media outlets from operating and broadcasting in the UK, US and European Union and Russia only reciprocated by applying similar bans on Western media outlets within Russia. Please don't twist the facts.

Finally, on this point on Communication channels. How many times have you seen the Russian media being given a chance to ask questions of Jen Psaki? None at all. So what conclusions can you draw from that?

So your claim on preventing communication channels or on rescinding their decision is false.

1 Like

Re: Unanimous UN Security Council Declaration Backs ‘Peaceful’ Ukraine Solution by MrHeff(m): 4:57pm On May 07, 2022
paafin:

Same way the West and it allies invaded Afghanistan and ran out after 20 years grin

Western power indeed grin
So you think Russia can defeat The West in all out war? lol abeg...

Plus the fact that you cited Afghanistan that used Guerilla tactics as opposed to the conventional war Ukraine is fighting against Russia shows how uneducated/ignorant you are about this whole thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Online Sale Of Bible Banned In China / China And Uganda Dismiss Report That The Chinese Are Taking Over Entebbe Airport / Israel Successfully Tests Arrow 3 Missile Interceptor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.