Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words (23590 Views)

When Your Salary Is 40k And Your 17 Year-old Daughter Is Using Iphone 12 / Man Finds Out His Daughter Is Not His Child After Taking DNA Test / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Funkybabee(f): 6:45pm On May 08, 2022
It's her environment

Her environment influence her

It's the mother u need to orient, for her to teach that kid the way of the Lord

You can tell her personally, u don't like those kinds of words that she should be correcting her or her friends from speaking such words, u can train others kids through urs but it depends on the mother
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Emmanuel30a: 7:06pm On May 08, 2022
princeemmma:
Recently I heard my daughter saying "Zazoo zeh" she is not up to 2years though. Am that kind of person that always caution myself and watch the kind of music I listen at home, but she did not learn the word at home, am sure she might have heard it somewhere in her mom shop, because my wife shop is located somewhere very rough, a lot of children in the environment. But my wife does not see this as a big deal. She always told me that she can't stop the little girl from playing with other children in the hood and that's true. That day when I heard her say that word, I called her to myself and told her not to say the word again that it's not good saying such word, she nodded in approval.

Two days ago I heard her saying this common words "Eni pe". I felt really bad, because I don't want my daughter to learn those bad words, but my wife feel am overreacting.

Am I overreacting truly? How do I stop my daughter from saying such words?

Please help a friend
WIFE.
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Emmanuel30a: 7:12pm On May 08, 2022
It is unfortunate and unbelievable that your wife says you are overreacting... Your wife could be the instigator... She could be enjoying Zazoo too... Train up a child in the way he or she should go; when he or she grows or grow old, he or she would not depart from it... It could soon become like mother like daughter. The worst part is that, parents are not practising most of the moralities, honesty and modesty, that they are teaching their children. It is just like a formalities. Hence, there are many disobedient children nowadays.
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Stevyne: 7:23pm On May 08, 2022
Pikin wey you go beat
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by adesmoney(m): 7:26pm On May 08, 2022
Na only u make sense. Wahlahi
Acidosis:
I was going to recommend a change of environment but I remembered we are in the digital age. Whether you live in the zoo, among Mushin touts, or a posh environment, your daughter will grow up to mingle with all kinds of social animals on Tiktok, Twitter, IG, etc. The "zazooh zeh" she likely wouldn't hear in a posh environment or school, she will hear it on Tiktok.

The goal is to keep feeding her with the right teachings, stories, thoughts, etc. If you guys are Christians, then the word of God is your best bet. The human mind can NEVER be idle. You can't practise or believe in nothing. You're either here or there.

By the way, "eni pe" is not so bad though, I think a comedian initiated that. I say/do that a lot with my spouse. Na she and some friends influence me sef grin grin

1 Like

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by abdulwassi(m): 7:58pm On May 08, 2022
princeemmma:
Recently I heard my daughter saying "Zazoo zeh" she is not up to 2years though. Am that kind of person that always caution myself and watch the kind of music I listen at home, but she did not learn the word at home, am sure she might have heard it somewhere in her mom shop, because my wife shop is located somewhere very rough, a lot of children in the environment. But my wife does not see this as a big deal. She always told me that she can't stop the little girl from playing with other children in the hood and that's true. That day when I heard her say that word, I called her to myself and told her not to say the word again that it's not good saying such word, she nodded in approval.

Two days ago I heard her saying this common words "Eni pe". I felt really bad, because I don't want my daughter to learn those bad words, but my wife feel am overreacting.

Please help a friend

Ebgon you're over reacting.. There's nothing bad in there. It's the society she found her self. Let the child enjoy her childhood abeg.
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by habsydiamond(m): 8:09pm On May 08, 2022
confluence:
Very true, my Three year old boy does that too once in a while, I discover it was from his school, what I normally do is to caution him, when I do that he withdraws to his room and once I cheer him up we resume our play activity
his teacher must be using foul words with them in class.. Some teachers can be abusive to their learners while some curse their learners... May God save children from them.
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Tukor1759: 8:23pm On May 08, 2022
princeemmma:

Please help a friend
lock her up inside your mansion
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by TheiaTalks: 9:01pm On May 08, 2022
Acidosis:
I was going to recommend a change of environment but I remembered we are in the digital age. Whether you live in the zoo, among Mushin touts, or a posh environment, your daughter will grow up to mingle with all kinds of social animals on Tiktok, Twitter, IG, etc. The "zazooh zeh" she likely wouldn't hear in a posh environment or school, she will hear it on Tiktok.

The goal is to keep feeding her with the right teachings, stories, thoughts, etc. If you guys are Christians, then the word of God is your best bet. The human mind can NEVER be idle. You can't practise or believe in nothing. You're either here or there.

By the way, "eni pe" is not so bad though, I think a comedian initiated that. I say/do that a lot with my spouse. Na she and some friends influence me sef grin grin

You smart kiss

1 Like

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by returncole: 9:48pm On May 08, 2022
Hmmm... We are products of the information we consume. So guide the quality of the information your child consumes. I will not advice that you should totally excommunicate that child from that environment because honestly we have got to an era in the human race where information cannot be tamed as it's so vehemently on the loose like a wildfire. This generation are presently suffering from the virus that I call "arrogance of information" we have been exposed to more than needful at a material time.

My advice, at first, you have to let your wife herself see why she must cooperate with you on this, not with words of mouth but with life examples that you yourself live personally and the realities that you can gather from daily life events.

2. The best environment for a child is the natural environment scenario, create an environment for your child even within the so called environment where she's. Create a world in a world for her. Either you like it or not, you're still in this world and Jesus Himself does not pray to the Father that He should take His followers out of the world but that God should keep them from the pollution that's in the world. Ostracizing your daughter will have a psychological impact on her on the long run. So, normalize that.

Thirdly, start showing your kid the examples of the kids you fantasize of her but don't force her to imbibe any stereotype value. Let her know that she has a choice, be open ended, don't be too protective. Kids of nowadays know more than you will ever think off, if you keep her off these things totally, the so called badwagons one day somehow will have access to her and prey on her total naivety. It's better to let kids know from their cradle that there are choices in life and it's your responsibility to guide her not particularly to ostracize her. Reality will eventually bemoan it to your face that you cannot totally and forever keep that kid from the reality of the present era Shadow.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by ayo2008: 10:24pm On May 08, 2022
princeemmma:

Please help a friend

The world is corrupt
Feed her with the world of God , train her in the way of the lord
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by VirileNelly2420: 10:45pm On May 08, 2022
Acidosis:

Abeg, wetin zaazu zeh mean sef?
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Samuelkirk(m): 10:51pm On May 08, 2022
I wonder what kind of men we have these days . I'm a single man myself but how will you say your wife is overreacting,don't you have a mind of your own,she's your daughter man ,train her the way you want the world is corrupt man don't leave any stone unturned and don't let your woman decide the right thing to do for your marriage and how to train your daughter. A kid of that age even up to 10 years shouldn't use such words. When she starts doing something bigger also your wife will still say you're overreacting. Man up bro
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by ojonugba2014(m): 12:23am On May 09, 2022
princeemmma:

Please help a friend

Ok warizii
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by DrDunamis(m): 12:51am On May 09, 2022
princeemmma:

Please help a friend
Prov.4.24 - Avoid all perverse talk; stay far from corrupt speech.

If you dont agree with that then you're over reacting.
Scriptures say to train up a child in the way she SHOULD GO and not in the way she wants to go.
Make her unlearn those things
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Acidosis(m): 10:27am On May 09, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Abeg, wetin zaazu zeh mean sef?

I have no idea o. Too razzzzz for me.
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Newyorkitis(m): 11:40am On May 09, 2022
princeemmma:

Please help a friend

100 % environmental influence:

I'll give u fact full story.

I was with my sister and her kids close to your daughter's age.

I was listening to A song titled "Shekpe by M. I* on my phone. Somehow my earphone was unplugged. She cautioned me to put it off because of the kids.

Before you could say Jack Robinson, the little boy shouted: Shekpe! And he kept on repeating it before it faded away after some days with constant monitoring.

I was very embarrassed.
Re: My 2-Year-Old Daughter Is Using Foul Words by Mamasessy(f): 10:52am On May 20, 2022
talk with her and advise words she can use in place of the bad ones. Tell her 'if you say eni pi I will spank you' but the mother needs to do the same or her behaviour will only change in your presence... the threat should work but also put her in school where she will hear less of this type of words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maurice Sam Biography: Wife, Parents, Father, Mother / My Wedding Pics / Wicked Anambra Woman Arrested For Child Abuse And The Little Boy Taken From Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.