Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. (2450 Views)

How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? / Your Encounter With A Stingy Partner? / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by manos(m): 10:22am On May 07, 2022
Would you call this a stingy act?
Date with my girl gone wrong.

Short recap:
Several years ago (probably around 2008), i and my girl had spent a year together dating at the time, and I was in my final year. We lived as neighbours in the same off-campus student's lodge. The school was located in a rural area, hence no access to good restaurants, supermarkets, malls and other places a couple could go to have fun. So we hardly ever did go out.

On some fateful day, we had a break from school, due to public holidays and I decided to go to a nearby town to do a market survey/window shopping of some computer parts (I am a computer enthusiast). She had complained earlier on, that she was quite bored, so I decided to kill two birds with a stone, by asking her to come along with me so that we could have the experience together.

Long story short, we went on the survey, which took about two hours plus and by time we were done, we were hungry and exhausted and luckily there was an eatry around that area. I decided that we should go in and have lunch. I made a rough estimate in my mind, that it would probably cost the both of us 5k to have a meal and drinks similar to other eatries which I was accustomed to at the time. But on getting to the checkout, I realised it was almost twice my estimate (at this time I was not working and paying for this meal of almost 10k was to come from my monthly allowance from my parents which was basically 20k). I quickly improvised given the situation i found myself and asked my girl to take her order. She requested for some fried rice and some chicken, while I just requested for a meatpie and drinks to subsidize the cost and then requested for 2 spoons so we could share the rice (Total cost now came down to roughly 6k). The waiter promptly obliged and hence i paid and we proceeded to our seats with the food.

She asked if I wasn't going to order food for myself and i replied by telling her that I ordered for two spoons so that we could share (I could have some of her rice and she could have some of my meatpie).
I noticed her countenance changed and she didn't like the idea.
I asked her why she was upset and she couldn't mention. She commenced eating and I picked up my spoon to dig in to her rice (we always eat together from a plate at home, the difference now is that we are in public) and immediately I put my spoon in she stopped eating and refused to eat the food any further, safe for the few spoons she had eaten before I joined her. I tried to cajoule her to continue eating but she refused and at the end of the day I had to continue eating the food alone.
I tried to make things lively on our way home by making one more stop before heading home, where I bought her some novels. (she loved reading romance novels back then) she picked 2 of them but still her countenance didn't really improve much.
On getting home and some days later, when she was finally able to talk about it, she opened up and told me that she sees what I did at the eatery of not ordering for 2 plates of food for the both of us as a very stingy act. I tried to explain to her why It had to happen that way but she took it with a pinch of salt.
Recently after all this years have passed she reminded me about that incidence again in an unrelated argument and I was shocked that despite my explanation of that event she kept it at the back of her mind as a reason to judge me as a stingy person.

Now my question to the ladies (mainly because I am a man and understand that we see things from different perspectives) and anyone patient enough to have gotten to this point:

Is this act really a stingy act?
And please explain your answers.
Probably telling me how you could have handled the eatry situation better if you were in my shoes.

1 Like

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by manos(m): 10:25am On May 07, 2022
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Nobody: 10:33am On May 07, 2022
Arrrrrrrh

No do pass your self. Bro you did the right thing. You don't need her validation. What ever she thinks leave her up to her thought.

In the other news a crazy man wanted to impress an ashawo...last last he couldn't stand up after the marathon. cheesy cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by SUCKCESSFUL: 10:33am On May 07, 2022
kiss

2 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Bellotelli: 10:35am On May 07, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Bellotelli: 10:35am On May 07, 2022
Ok
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by habsydiamond(m): 10:36am On May 07, 2022
That's woman for u.. If u dance to their tune then u are a mumu if u try to cut cost then u are stingy.. In short u can not satisfy a woman no matter ur effort, they will still have something negative to say to counter u. The worst of it all is those of them that don't forget events of the past.. They will keep reminding you of ur past actions ... Those ones are stubborn ehn...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Easylife338: 10:38am On May 07, 2022
Imagine if you did this to your fellow guy and he gets angry.
I hope you know the real stingy person here is your woman.

8 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Nasri100(m): 10:39am On May 07, 2022
Ok
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Kanixt(m): 11:34am On May 07, 2022
You are teaching her the cost of a real adventure that she will encounter after you.

1 Like

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Fiscus105(m): 11:42am On May 07, 2022
First thing first! Where are u that u are spending 5k-10k for meal of just 2 persons?

Marriages are crumbling today cos of all these .....what I can offer / cash out mentalities taking to marriage. Immediately after marriage if it seizes to continue, that's begining of toxic/crashed marriage.

Let us learn how to give what we can afford,not only to partners but also everybody, by doing that u won't be regretting ur actions.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Silentgroper(m): 11:59am On May 07, 2022
No.. You're not stingy. Bt i felt u should have let her know how d matter go sup d minute u heard d bills of d food.. If she go add money, mke she add. If she wouldnt then she starves..

1 Like

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by odinson1(m): 12:01pm On May 07, 2022
I don't know why you men won't just leave these prostitutes alone!
Leave them be,they are not worth our attention, effort or money. They are all ingrates and manipulators.

I guess mosdii was right afterall cheesy

1 Like

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by purehustle101(m): 12:05pm On May 07, 2022
Mama put for save you all these stress! Na ritualist dey eat for fast food. No do pass yourself next time,

2 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Baneofnl: 12:12pm On May 07, 2022
on top your own money. which kin stupidity is this?

3 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Beautygoddesss: 12:14pm On May 07, 2022
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

No do pass your self. Bro you did the right thing. You don't need her validation. What ever she thinks leave her up to her thought.

In the other news a crazy man wanted to impress an ashawo...last last he couldn't stand up after the marathon. cheesy cheesy
kikikikikiki grin
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

kikikikikigringringringrin
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Beautygoddesss: 12:16pm On May 07, 2022
Plz u did not do anytin wrong u even try sef,cut ur cloth according to ur material cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Kolenda(m): 12:17pm On May 07, 2022
Bro no vex o!
You said this happened around 2008?
Which area was it that you would spend as much as 10k for 2 plates of food?

3 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by chidekings(m): 12:37pm On May 07, 2022
Kolenda:
Bro no vex o!
people and bar faced lies.even the eatery na for market.10k for two plates of food in 2008

2 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by virginprincess(f): 12:53pm On May 07, 2022
You shouldn't have order for food,the meatpie and drinks would have being enough, honestly i find it kind of embrassing sharing food with someone in public(especially a guy),i don't like it, i'm sure she's that kind of person,MEN, if you take a girl out and you know your money can't afford food you go for snack,it not a must that yot must buy her food just to impress her, personally i even perfer snacks because i don't like eating in public.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by tunize(m): 12:57pm On May 07, 2022
As she vex reach for the eatry why did she not just vex and order her own plate? Smelly attitude. Recently I went out to with my babe and my kid sister after ordering for 3 plates of rice and with turkey guess what? My babe and my kid sist joined me to eat my own meat and my kid sist ate hers, my babe took her own home and my mouth nor even taste am. I hate yeye attitude me when my head dey Skipp I go just Waka comot live you'

4 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 07, 2022
Excuse ooh Sister dey vex but she no bring out money buy her own foodundecided

2 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 07, 2022
tunize:
As she vex reach for the eatry why did she not just vex and order her own plate? Smelly attitude. Recently I went out to with my babe and my kid sister after ordering for 3 plates of rice and with turkey guess what? My babe and my kid sist joined me to eat my own meat and my kid sist ate hers, my babe took her own home and my mouth nor even taste am. I hate yeye attitude me when my head dey Skipp I go just Waka comot live you'
Na you order food with seperate meat for everybody but na still you everybody chop him meatgrin
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Chiraq77(m): 1:29pm On May 07, 2022
Omo If Na Me I for just chop my meat Pie Jeje
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by cloud(m): 1:37pm On May 07, 2022
Why didn't you just tell her you didn't have enough money and see what her reaction would be. Besides you still ended up buying novels for her on your way home and still expected her to believe you didn't have money? Some times, men are the architects of their own misfortune.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Ex0rcistt: 1:47pm On May 07, 2022
Fiscus105:
First thing first! Where are u that u are spending 5k-10k for meal of just 2 person?
That part of the story is probably false
5k food in 2008 just doesn't make sense.

1 Like

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by emmy4real94(m): 1:51pm On May 07, 2022
OP, but 5k value in 2008 is like 20k today o grin Omo if I were you, I wouldn't join her with an extra spoon. It's kinda embarrassing.. its even better you could have used her spoon in a romantic way. Or better, why didn't you just eat your meat pie?
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Kriss216: 1:55pm On May 07, 2022
That 6k would have been enough to cook a pot of correct egusi soup and a pot of stew with some bottles of beer to step down then considering you're on 20k monthly allowance as a student.

1 Like

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Alapojames: 1:58pm On May 07, 2022
If na me eh, I go crack the bone of the chicken in way that the thing go they pain her..
You're not stingy
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Kriss216: 2:03pm On May 07, 2022
Ex0rcistt:

That part of the story is probably false
5k food in 2008 just doesn't make sense.
I think you're right.

His father must be a billionaire to be giving him 20K monthly allowance as a student in 2008. A bag of rice then was N7000 or below.
NYSC allawee was N9,775 monthly.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by suicidesheep: 2:27pm On May 07, 2022
Kolenda:
Bro no vex o!

I just weak o, unto 2008 again o.

Even really good restaurants in abuja town didn't sell 2 plates of food for 10k then. People go just dey lie

1 Like

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by tunize(m): 2:39pm On May 07, 2022
Valkan:

Na you order food with seperate meat for everybody but na still you everybody chop him meatgrin
The thing nor tire you because I nor see am as anything and besides nor be rice and meat dey do me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naija Babes Always Get Weak At The Knees When They See Me / Pls I Kindly Need Help / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.