Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. (2444 Views)

How To Cope With A Stingy Boyfriend? / Your Encounter With A Stingy Partner? / My Girlfriend Called Me A Stingy Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by manos(m): 2:48pm On May 07, 2022
chidekings:

people and bar faced lies.even the eatery na for market.10k for two plates of food in 2008

Read my write up again, I did not say we went to a market. A market survey simply means to search for the cost of a list of items. The market survey was not done in a market. We went to different computer shops to do that.
This happened in owerri, I can not remember the exact name of the restaurant at the moment, it was just a one off. But those saying that is a lie probably have not visited a classy restaurant before. Think of jevniks and the likes, the average cost per person without any extras was usually around 5k by then. I don't know about now but I am pretty sure it would cost way more today.
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by duduade: 2:53pm On May 07, 2022
So this is 2022

From 2008....

Are you both married

Or you people are keeping yourselves
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by manos(m): 3:17pm On May 07, 2022
Kriss216:

I think you're right.

His father must be a billionaire to be giving him 20K monthly allowance as a student in 2008. A bag of rice then was N7000 or below.
NYSC allawee was N9,775 monthly.

I really don't know why I have to prove this, but to put things in context my dad was not even a millionaire, he was just fair and a bit generous.
Although I am pretty sure I am talking to someone who has never been responsible for another human, let me still ask.....

How much would be a fair amount to give to your child for a month who went to school without knowing how to cook?
Having in mind that the average cost of food in a bukka was 300naira at the time and also having in mind that the person eats twice a day for 30 days. And also having in mind that the student also uses some money to transport
to and from school to the hostel on a daily basis, buy handouts, cloth themselves, airtime.
I would really love to hear your response on this.
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Daughterboard(m): 3:23pm On May 07, 2022
Are you married to her now? What's all this backsliding?
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Kriss216: 3:30pm On May 07, 2022
manos:

Read my write up again, I did not say we went to a market. A market survey simply means to search for the cost of a list of items. The market survey was not done in a market. We went to different computer shops to do that.
This happened in owerri, I can not remember the exact name of the restaurant at the moment, it was just a one off. But those saying that is a lie probably have not visited a classy restaurant before. Think of jevniks and the likes, the average cost per person without any extras was usually around 5k by then. I don't know about now but I am pretty sure it would cost way more today.
Stop spewing lies.

Jevnik was selling rice and chicken N800 around 2008.

1 Like

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by manos(m): 3:37pm On May 07, 2022
suicidesheep:

I just weak o, unto 2008 again o.

Even really good restaurants in abuja town didn't sell 2 plates of food for 10k then. People go just dey lie

I really wonder why I have to prove that I am not aliar. This would only help to derail the thread from its original purpose but then...I would still try for the sake of more sane commenters who might want to give their opinion in future.

Lets play a game, Please List 3 classy restaurants in abuja and the average cost of food there presently: let's me see if you know what you are talking about.
Note: I have lived and worked in abuja for 5 years and I am a foodie.
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by MrBachelor: 4:10pm On May 07, 2022
SUCKCESSFUL:
There are things I may never understand.
Even when I offend women, na them dey beg me.

I guess my first topic on nairaland should be about ije mu na umu agbogobia or rather "Ndi WAYO".

People like saphierre will easily tag me a misogynist, but it's nothing close.

How does this gibberish you posted address the poster's queries?

OP, you acted appropriately by spending within your means. And if after 14 years she still reminds of that then you must be wary of her.

1 Like

Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by suicidesheep: 4:43pm On May 07, 2022
manos:

I really wonder why I have to prove that I am not aliar. This would only help to derail the thread from its original purpose but then...I would still try for the sake of more sane commenters who might want to give their opinion in future.

Lets play a game, Please List 3 classy restaurants in abuja and the average cost of food there presently: let's me see if you know what you are talking about.
Note: I have lived and worked in abuja for 5 years and I am a foodie.

Dude I grew up in abuja. There was no woman in the house so we always bought food outside.
As at 2008, classy restaurants. Let me see, mama cass in area 11, grand square (in central business area, it's a mall, but there's a restaurant side. Also their food was sure Friday food), melting pot in wuse 2. There's even on sweet outdoors Africa kitchen in area where does banks are. And trust me. As at 2008 their food weren't expensive
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by manos(m): 5:37pm On May 07, 2022
suicidesheep:

Dude I grew up in abuja. There was no woman in the house so we always bought food outside.
As at 2008, classy restaurants. Let me see, mama cass in area 11, grand square (in central business area, it's a mall, but there's a restaurant side. Also their food was sure Friday food), melting pot in wuse 2. There's even on sweet outdoors Africa kitchen in area where does banks are. And trust me. As at 2008 their food weren't expensive

I am still yet to get the answer to the question that I asked.... So Please tell me how much an average plate of food costs in the restaurant at grand square today and also in 2008, since you are so well informed. I have been to the restaurant at grand square, infact I used to frequent there around 2015 because I worked around that area, Panache restaurant is a bit of a walkable distance from that particular restaurant, tell me the cost then and now also. You can google it if you don't know. If you are not ready to mention figures then Don't be so quick to call people liars.
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by Sisora(m): 6:23pm On May 07, 2022
manos:
Would you call this a stingy act?
Date with my girl gone wrong.

Short recap:
Several years ago (probably around 2008), i and my girl had spent a year together dating at the time, and I was in my final year. We lived as neighbours in the same off-campus student's lodge. The school was located in a rural area, hence no access to good restaurants, supermarkets, malls and other places a couple could go to have fun. So we hardly ever did go out.

On some fateful day, we had a break from school, due to public holidays and I decided to go to a nearby town to do a market survey/window shopping of some computer parts (I am a computer enthusiast). She had complained earlier on, that she was quite bored, so I decided to kill two birds with a stone, by asking her to come along with me so that we could have the experience together.

Long story short, we went on the survey, which took about two hours plus and by time we were done, we were hungry and exhausted and luckily there was an eatry around that area. I decided that we should go in and have lunch. I made a rough estimate in my mind, that it would probably cost the both of us 5k to have a meal and drinks similar to other eatries which I was accustomed to at the time. But on getting to the checkout, I realised it was almost twice my estimate (at this time I was not working and paying for this meal of almost 10k was to come from my monthly allowance from my parents which was basically 20k). I quickly improvised given the situation i found myself and asked my girl to take her order. She requested for some fried rice and some chicken, while I just requested for a meatpie and drinks to subsidize the cost and then requested for 2 spoons so we could share the rice (Total cost now came down to roughly 6k). The waiter promptly obliged and hence i paid and we proceeded to our seats with the food.

She asked if I wasn't going to order food for myself and i replied by telling her that I ordered for two spoons so that we could share (I could have some of her rice and she could have some of my meatpie).
I noticed her countenance changed and she didn't like the idea.
I asked her why she was upset and she couldn't mention. She commenced eating and I picked up my spoon to dig in to her rice (we always eat together from a plate at home, the difference now is that we are in public) and immediately I put my spoon in she stopped eating and refused to eat the food any further, safe for the few spoons she had eaten before I joined her. I tried to cajoule her to continue eating but she refused and at the end of the day I had to continue eating the food alone.
I tried to make things lively on our way home by making one more stop before heading home, where I bought her some novels. (she loved reading romance novels back then) she picked 2 of them but still her countenance didn't really improve much.
On getting home and some days later, when she was finally able to talk about it, she opened up and told me that she sees what I did at the eatery of not ordering for 2 plates of food for the both of us as a very stingy act. I tried to explain to her why It had to happen that way but she took it with a pinch of salt.
Recently after all this years have passed she reminded me about that incidence again in an unrelated argument and I was shocked that despite my explanation of that event she kept it at the back of her mind as a reason to judge me as a stingy person.

Now my question to the ladies (mainly because I am a man and understand that we see things from different perspectives) and anyone patient enough to have gotten to this point:

Is this act really a stingy act?
And please explain your answers.
Probably telling me how you could have handled the eatry situation better if you were in my shoes.
I don't understand. Are you guys just neighbors or you started dating?
Re: Would You Call This A Stingy Act? Date With My Girl Gone Wrong. by suicidesheep: 6:32pm On May 07, 2022
manos:

I am still yet to get the answer to the question that I asked.... So Please tell me how much an average plate of food costs in the restaurant at grand square today and also in 2008, since you are so well informed. I have been to the restaurant at grand square, infact I used to frequent there around 2015 because I worked around that area, Panache restaurant is a bit of a walkable distance from that particular restaurant, tell me the cost then and now also. You can google it if you don't know. If you are not ready to mention figures then Don't be so quick to call people liars.

Why are you bring up 2015, we are talking of 2008, at most a plate of anything then was less than 2k. So dont come here and lie.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Take My Eyes Off Someone’s Spouse? / Most Girls From Poor Background Don't Believe In Love. / For Men, Money Gives Them Confidence. As A Woman, What Gives You Confidence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.