Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,908 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Who Created Eleda? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created Eleda? (2292 Views)

If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? / Who Created God? / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created Eleda? by budaatum: 4:09pm On May 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
There are three common concepts that always confuse many learners in Yorùbá language:
Adẹ́dàá
Aṣẹ̀dàá
Ẹlẹdàá
While the first two sometimes are used for the creator the third "Ẹlẹdàá" simply means the "guardian angel" and most people do refer to it as "Orí".
Though it's all based on common superstition from one culture to another, the Ibos do refer to Ẹlẹdàá as Chi, so while an ibo person will say "Chimo" Yorùbá will say "Ẹlẹdàá mi" both are referring to their imaginary guardian angel! smiley

In Yoruba, as in most languages, especially where religious words are concerned, there is nothing like "simply means".

One person's imaginary creator can be an imaginary angel to others.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by TheWolfen(m): 4:10pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

Epistle.
God is a title not a person. Why are you calling what you don’t know.

Ooh you are talking about the Israelites gods.
But which one of them? Elohim? Yahweh? Asheera? Etc??

I believe I already made my points.
Well i didn't put them out here to convince you as you already interpret the existence of God according to your preexisting believes and how about you come out from your closet and say "There is no God"?
But you sure do agree to the fact that their are gods which I didn't doubt. But you my friend you in this argument to doubt the existence of God.

So there is not need going back and forth on this again.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by budaatum: 4:10pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

Run along now my bud.
I know your pain wink
Ad hominem? Bwahahahah

You don't command buda, May.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 4:12pm On May 07, 2022
budaatum:

You don't command buda, May.

I just sat on a buda, bud.

Re: Who Created Eleda? by budaatum: 4:13pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

I just sat on a buda, bud.

You child.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 4:14pm On May 07, 2022
TheWolfen:

I believe I already made my points.
Well i didn't put them out here to convince you as you already interpret the existence of God according to your preexisting believes and how about you come out from your closet and say "There is no God"?
But you sure do agree to the fact that their are gods which I didn't doubt. But you my friend you in this argument to doubt the existence of God.

So there is not need going back and forth on this again.

You don’t even know the name of your deity.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 4:15pm On May 07, 2022
budaatum:

You child.

You desperate and you pained.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by budaatum: 4:22pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

You desperate and you pained.

So does May believe.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 4:24pm On May 07, 2022
budaatum:

So does May believe.

Hasty assumption.
I was playing, I didn’t believe cheesy

I told you bud, stop assuming.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:26pm On May 07, 2022
budaatum:

In Yoruba, as in most languages, especially where religious words are concerned, there is nothing like "simply means". One person's imaginary creator can be an imaginary angel to others.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, i owe you one on this buda. You're damn right, it's sometimes contradictory! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created Eleda? by budaatum: 4:30pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

Hasty assumption.
I was playing, I didn’t believe cheesy

I told you bud, stop assuming.

So, you don't believe buda is desperate and pained, and you just made it up? Good to know you are like that.

Were you trying to convince buda, perhaps? If so, buda does not believe you, May, nor does buda play with rude people.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:38pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

Yes, it means “guardian angel” in English language.
If pronounced. It means the Creator.
And your examples are flawed , witness of Jehovah aka William Tyndale.
So in Igbo is “Chi” an Angel?

In the Yorùbá culture it's believed that destinies has been molded along with people's heads, when coming to the earth each traveler goes to carry any of the heads molded by the maker. So whatever happens to the person on planet earth has been destined along with the head the traveler picked. That's why they often use the money they take to Ifá to touch their heads three times before the oracle could reveal what has been destined along with the head they're putting on.
So Ẹlẹdàá and Orí correlates as the guardian angel who knew all that has been destined from the spirit realms. That's why they always inquire from their Ẹlẹdàá or Orí to guard and guide them since it knew everything about their journey on planet earth! smiley
Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 5:48pm On May 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

In the Yorùbá culture it's believed that destinies has been molded along with people's heads, when coming to the earth each traveler goes to carry any of the heads molded by the maker. So whatever happens to the person on planet earth has been destined along with the head the traveler picked. That's why they often use the money they take to Ifá to touch their heads three times before the oracle could reveal what has been destined along with the head they're putting on.
So Ẹlẹdàá and Orí correlates as the guardian angel who knew all that has been destined from the spirit realms. That's why they always inquire from their Ẹlẹdàá or Orí to guard and guide them since it knew everything about their journey on planet earth! smiley

You said destiny being molded along people head, how does that correlate with Eleda? And the question is who created the eleda.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 5:49pm On May 07, 2022
budaatum:

[/b]So, you don't believe buda is desperate and pained, and you just made it up? Good to know you are like that. [b]

Were you trying to convince buda, perhaps? If so, buda does not believe you, May, nor does buda play with rude people.

Bud, buda can’t be desperate and pained. I own buda.
Bud, why are you assuming I made anything up? I’ve told you my bud, stop assuming.

Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 5:52pm On May 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It seems you are confusing guardian angel with guardian soul.

Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 6:10pm On May 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
There are three common concepts that always confuse many learners in Yorùbá language:
Adẹ́dàá
Aṣẹ̀dàá
Ẹlẹdàá
While the first two sometimes are used for the creator the third "Ẹlẹdàá" simply means the "guardian angel" and most people do refer to it as "Orí".
Though it's all based on common superstition from one culture to another, the Ibos do refer to Ẹlẹdàá as Chi, so while an ibo person will say "Chimo" Yorùbá will say "Ẹlẹdàá mi" both are referring to their imaginary guardian angel! smiley

PETERU KINNI 4:19 BM

Nítorí náà, kí àwọn tí ó ń jìyà nípa ìfẹ́ Ọlọrun fi ọkàn wọn fún Ọlọrun nípa ṣíṣe rere. Ọlọrun Ẹlẹ́dàá kò ní dójú tì wọ́n.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by budaatum: 6:31pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

Bud, buda can’t be desperate and pained. I own buda.
Bud, why are you assuming I made anything up? I’ve told you my bud, stop assuming.

May, do you believe there can not be various different origin of a word, and that words only mean what you understand they mean?

Perhaps let's start with the evidence before your eyes instead of that which you make up inside your own head and choose to believe.

What's my name, Maynman?

Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 6:33pm On May 07, 2022
budaatum:

May, do you believe there can not be various different origin of a word, and that words only mean what you understand they mean?

Perhaps let's start with the evidence before your eyes instead of that which you make up inside your own head and choose to believe.

What's my name, Maynman?

Lame, weak bud.
Is this the best tactic you got? You’ve overused it.
One more time, try again my bud.

Bud, are you a hut or a cabin?

Re: Who Created Eleda? by budaatum: 6:39pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

Nítorí náà, kí àwọn tí ó ń jìyà nípa ìfẹ́ Ọlọrun fi ọkàn wọn fún Ọlọrun nípa ṣíṣe rere. Ọlọrun Ẹlẹ́dàá kò ní dójú tì wọ́n.

I'm glad we agreed on redactions. Here's an example of, rewriting?

Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 6:40pm On May 07, 2022
budaatum:

I'm glad we agreed on redactions. Here's an example of, rewriting?

You are trying too hard. cheesy you don’t know the meaning of redaction or translation or Version, just saying anything and whatever to argue.
Bwahahahah
Re: Who Created Eleda? by budaatum: 6:41pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

Lame, weak bud.
Is this the best tactic you got? You’ve overused it.
One more time, try again my bud.

Bud, are you a hut or a cabin?

Stick to the topic at hand, May. What buda is or isn't should not concern you.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 6:42pm On May 07, 2022
budaatum:

Stick to the topic at hand, May. What buda is or isn't should not concern you.

The topic is who created “eleda”
I’m sitting on my buda right now, and It doesn’t concern you, bud.

Re: Who Created Eleda? by budaatum: 6:48pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

The topic is who created “eleda”

To be "created", a thing must exist or have existed.

What is the "eleda" that you claim is "created"?
Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 6:50pm On May 07, 2022
budaatum:

To be "created", a thing must exist or have existed.

What is the "eleda" that you claim is "created"?

Weak Bud. Is this your best?
Come on, put energy, bud.

Re: Who Created Eleda? by kkins25(m): 7:10pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

Weak Bud. Is this your best?
Come on, put energy, bud.
Where have i seen this moniker before? Maynman.. looks familiar.
Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 7:18pm On May 07, 2022
kkins25:
Where have i seen this moniker before? Maynman.. looks familiar.

If you ask me na who I go ask?
Re: Who Created Eleda? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:14pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

You said destiny being molded along people head, how does that correlate with Eleda? And the question is who created the eleda.

Maynman:

It seems you are confusing guardian angel with guardian soul.
I have always told you:
Relax well before responding to a post so that you won't have to respond twice to just one single post.

Maynman:

And when did you start accepting the translation of Àjàyí Crowder?
Do you now agree Èṣù in the same translation mean Satan? undecided
Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 8:15pm On May 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

This is what guardian angel means in Yoruba, how does it correlate with eleda, which means “a creator” in English?

Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 8:21pm On May 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I have always told you:
Relax well before responding to a post so that you won't have to respond twice to just one single post.

And when did you start accepting the translation of Àjàyí Crowder?
Do you now agree Èṣù in the same translation mean Satan? undecided

Accept what? It has been proven to be false. Why are holding on to a lie?

Re: Who Created Eleda? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24pm On May 07, 2022
Maynman:

Accept what? It has been proven to he false. Why are holding on to a lie?

If you're quoting Àjàyí Crowder's translation to validate Ẹlẹ́dàá, will you do the same with Èṣù as Satan? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 8:25pm On May 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

If you're quoting Àjàyí Crowder's translation to validate Ẹlẹ́dàá, will you do the same with Èṣù as Satan? cheesy

How is that quote validating eleda? Is eleda no more an angel?
Is esu no more satan? You believe all those, believe this translation too, fallen watcher of yaldaboath.

Are you talking about this esu? Or you cherry picking the part you are accepting?
You said eleda is an angel, do you also accept Samuel translation of calling olorun an angel? Or you are cherry picking?

Re: Who Created Eleda? by Maynman: 8:35pm On May 07, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Samuel ajayi translation is validating what you said. Eleda is an angel right?

This verse is talking about an angel called olorun according to a “Jehovah” witness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Great Bible Teachers On NL How Would You Interpret These Verses / Did Jesus Really Descend To Hell After Death According To The Apostles Creed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.