Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? (15384 Views)

Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns Drummers And Other Church Workers / Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion / Father Ebube Muonso Buys Cars For 8 Church Workers As Christmas Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by GoodMuyis(m): 12:58pm On May 08, 2022
ikorodureporta:
People don't care like they used to....they don't attend meetings...

Is that how it is in your church?

I am a church worker and I am more committed than ever. 100 covid19 cannot stop those who loved God genuinely.
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by gabicon: 1:01pm On May 08, 2022
ikorodureporta:

Every aspect of our daily lives has or will change as a result of technology, I didn't understand why churches like Daystar had their services virtually when their pastor was not in town until COVID hit. The truth of the matter is that the church has for long been fishing from its bathtub, I certainly believe that God was at the centre of the pandemic, I mean, how will the gospel be preached to the ends of the earth as a testimonial the way we ran services pre COVID? Now ever church is online the gospel is being streamed every single day so there is no excuse that one didn't hear.

By the way metaverse is coming and it has the potential of eliminating physical gathering both at work, religious gathering, social gathering etc. The church is not prepared for that yet, but it is a reality unfolding before our eyes.

Many workers in church belong to the middle class, that have been introduced to a new work template which combines remote work and physical work. Combined with this, the seclusion of the pandemic necessitated a rethink, revaluation, and retrospective thinking. Things have not been working out for people but the activity of church has masked this up. There are so many factors that have influenced people from returning to church, but the bigger question is has the church done an analysis of the problem and how to solve it save calling people to find out why the are not coming?
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Successfulben: 1:02pm On May 08, 2022
Actually covid-19 was a blessing in disguise. An eye-opener. People became aware of themselves. They saw that all the while they were only used as A.T.Ms for there men of god. All the monies they contributed for years, the one they call TITHES, they saw that all those monies could not prevent them from terrible starvation during lock-down. The moment you understand that if ministry was not lucrative, your god of men would still stick to there civil-service jobs. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Jeffyblaq(m): 1:04pm On May 08, 2022
Obinna666:
Covid stay at home made people understand that they could still have good life without church, and without a pastor or religious leader, I will be honest with u , Christianity is a religion that has been compromised full time,the aim has been defeated,a Muslim doesnt go to mosque because he wants riches or to bind their enemies, they see prayer as an obligation and channel to communicate with their God whilst ,while they pray anywhere they find themselves ,A pastor even told me this ,that covid 19 reduced his church members so money no de come again ...my dear ,christainity is a religion built on phantom of lies and no strong foundation so any little thing,it shakes and collapses ..am a born christain by birth for those that will come after me also let me ask a question,in a congregation of 1000 persons,a pastor will at the end of a service say he is making a declaration,this month, something good will happen to one of u,okay tell me ,how is it not possible ,church or no church that in the mist of 1000 person, something good won't happen to one person,when that thing happens,the person will come out and start giving stupid testimony,how pastor declared and it happened,why re they making sure members in a church marry fellow members,so they can build and expand,when a member marries a member,they birth their children in that church,kids grow to follow same step,if one person decides to leave the church,the spouse brings him or her back ...all this things,they have been playing on people's psychology and mumu people have been falling

Straight talk!
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by UrchmanE44(m): 1:05pm On May 08, 2022
Yea i agree to that many stop or reduced their activities in church after covid 19. Some might say its because churches started online services which might b 10% reason. Buh 90% reason was because many Christian gave up on churches, during lockdown the people that contribute to church growth were left to suffer some of them haven't got back to their feet. The hunger that set in was much because d govt were to corrupt to provide some of the basic needs of people. The people last hope were entrusted in churches to come to their aid buh then online tithe n offering paying was introduced�. Now seeing the churches have failed them started struggling to survive on theirs, even many went to the rural area to survive.
So after the lockdown many because of the past event decide not attend any church activities buh believe to pray from home n wen some attend giving of offerings seems hard��

3 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by smasher1(m): 1:07pm On May 08, 2022
ikorodureporta:

What meetings?
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Aystarz: 1:24pm On May 08, 2022
ogub:
Those are seasonal/ conditional workers that are there when they are fine ,but go on strike when things are not going on well.

This sounds like what an MOG would say to guilt trip unsuspecting church workers grin

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Aystarz: 1:37pm On May 08, 2022
nighter:
Not church workers only, bankers have lost it too.

School owners too. Their pool of teachers, wherein they fish for eager slaves in the name of employment, seems to be drying up grin

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Charly68: 1:49pm On May 08, 2022
They felt they have given much to church but didn't see the impact during COVID-19

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Sofistcatdmoron: 2:47pm On May 08, 2022
Obinna666:
Covid stay at home made people understand that they could still have good life without church, and without a pastor or religious leader, I will be honest with u , Christianity is a religion that has been compromised full time,the aim has been defeated,a Muslim doesnt go to mosque because he wants riches or to bind their enemies, they see prayer as an obligation and channel to communicate with their God whilst ,while they pray anywhere they find themselves ,A pastor even told me this ,that covid 19 reduced his church members so money no de come again ...my dear ,christainity is a religion built on phantom of lies and no strong foundation so any little thing,it shakes and collapses ..am a born christain by birth for those that will come after me also let me ask a question,in a congregation of 1000 persons,a pastor will at the end of a service say he is making a declaration,this month, something good will happen to one of u,okay tell me ,how is it not possible ,church or no church that in the mist of 1000 person, something good won't happen to one person,when that thing happens,the person will come out and start giving stupid testimony,how pastor declared and it happened,why re they making sure members in a church marry fellow members,so they can build and expand,when a member marries a member,they birth their children in that church,kids grow to follow same step,if one person decides to leave the church,the spouse brings him or her back ...all this things,they have been playing on people's psychology and mumu people have been falling

Jesu
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Bahamas95(m): 2:48pm On May 08, 2022
People are getting wiser.

Everytime seed, seed, seed.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by phemmyfour: 3:02pm On May 08, 2022
ikorodureporta:

lolz, maybe in your Church. In my Church, we still attend meetings. The love of many for the things of God in your Church has wax cold
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by ProfGday(m): 3:08pm On May 08, 2022
Covid19 exposed your G.Os as blind bats.... Them no see anything na psychology them they use to scam your lots

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by ImaIma1(f): 3:36pm On May 08, 2022
One was really conscious of the COVID spread and refused to go to church. But COVID was not in the club every friday night sha.
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Lasgidi90(m): 4:07pm On May 08, 2022
KipeDadiya:

The funniest part was displaying church a/c number after online service for people who were locked down for months to start paying offerings and tithes.
Comrade, abeg off your mic. No too loud am before the fanatics come for you. Hahahahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by simplesearch: 4:33pm On May 08, 2022
tobechi20:
Did you realize that many people lost their job as a result of covid and are working twice as hard to make half they used to make. This means they cannot afford the luxury of time and ten percent reduction from meagre salary means a lot to them.

And how far have they gone holding on to the 10%? If you're a child of God, tithe and given to God won't even be an issue to you. If you consider the free air, health and so many other benefits that are way beyond what any government can provide and yet collect monthly tax, dues ,levy etc
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by iavokeo(m): 4:41pm On May 08, 2022
To tell the truth, Nigerians go to church for properity, not for eternal life after death. Give the average Nigerian Christian 20 million naira and watch his true colours emerge.
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Evidenx(m): 5:06pm On May 08, 2022
[s][/s]
yuzjet:
Let me drop this here.

Gradually, we'll get there. The enlightenment is on.
yenyenyenye ..trash!!
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by ikorodureporta: 5:30pm On May 08, 2022
tobechi20:
Did you realize that many people lost their job as a result of covid and are working twice as hard to make half they used to make.

The reason I think
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Bfly: 5:59pm On May 08, 2022
They realised they would still do just fine without the normal gathering, It became an option.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by petra1(m): 6:20pm On May 08, 2022
Angelfrost:

Nah... The physical attendance and commitments have dropped all over!

It's beyond COVID!

A lot of these people always sought for an excuse to attend church services less! Covid-19 provided them the leeway they had been seeking for years!

Maybe your church or something . Our side is quite different
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Aaay: 6:32pm On May 08, 2022
Oh
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:33pm On May 08, 2022
zicoraads:
PrimadonnaO, come and answer...

You've stopped going to church. grin cheesy

Ahhhhhhhh

Zic!!!

Only today I didn't go to church physically, you've decided to use me as case study! grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by Dmores: 9:44pm On May 08, 2022
yuzjet:
Let me drop this here.

who told you Jesus was a white man,you believed in the fake pictures of jesus circulated around, many people perished due to lack of knowledge, don't just read bible, study the Bible, seek him and you shall know him better
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by searay(m): 9:58pm On May 08, 2022
Same here in my Church
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by kareemkamil(m): 10:09pm On May 08, 2022
Do you think all followers are fool, they have wise up, Covid-19 exposed all Nigeria pastors, none of them saw Covid-19 pandemic coming. Alot of followers regain there sense, through this.
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by DrDunamis(m): 12:43am On May 09, 2022
ikorodureporta:

Because iniquity abounds the love of many is waxing cold.
And most Christians have failed to realised that we're actually present in the times of the last hours of the last days which Apostle Paul spoke to Timothy about, that it's going to be difficult to be a Christian .
So care for one another and pray for one another.
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by yuzjet(m): 6:13am On May 09, 2022
Dmores:
who told you Jesus was a white man,you believed in the fake pictures of jesus circulated around, many people perished due to lack of knowledge, don't just read bible, study the Bible, seek him and you shall know him better

Where was it in the Bible that jesus was a black man?
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by jidxin(m): 8:19am On May 09, 2022
yuzjet:
Let me drop this here.

mumu quote. Don't u know Jusus is a black man? Melanin skin colour
Re: Aftermath Of Covid-19: Why Are Some Church Workers No Longer Dedicated? by jidxin(m): 8:20am On May 09, 2022
yuzjet:

Where was it in the Bible that jesus was a black man?
where in d Bible was Jesus described as a white man

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islamic Slavery In Africa / Why Are Pastor's Children Nonchalant To The Gospel? / Palm Sunday Procession In Offa (pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.