Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat (32042 Views)

Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos / Searching for a BQ, Room in Shared Flat or “Self Contained” along Lekki Axis / Peckham spacious single Room £400pcm for tidy, Quiet female in shared flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by soundOsonic: 11:53am On May 08, 2022
No
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Tinymayour: 11:54am On May 08, 2022
Uzomacharles:
Your roomie go know when you dey kpash sef

Lol
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by mrsfavour(f): 11:54am On May 08, 2022
Lion share in all the bills, have no access to the original receipt , why? Was there no proper discussion before you entered? Secondly how can you share kitchen with strangers in this time? Why not rent a self contained and be alone than still pay bills and share flat? Personally I think it will/may not end well. People are better avoided this time.my opinion though.

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by StTrump: 11:54am On May 08, 2022
grin
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by bencarter(m): 11:55am On May 08, 2022
Never ideal

One of the occupant might get into trouble
If the police somehow locates his apartment they pick everybody believing you all have similar motives since you all live in one flat
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by erico2k2(m): 11:56am On May 08, 2022
Naustine:
Well!! As long as they don't share bathroom and toilet..I think much issues won't come up. As for the landlord issue..it depends on the type of landlord sha..but it's usually better to carry the landlord along in instances like this. E get why
its better to share bathroom in a flat than with the whole compound
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by AkhereOkaka(m): 11:57am On May 08, 2022
html14java:
Please nls, I need your advice.
My Fiancé rented a 1 room and Palour out of a 3 bedroom flat. Its well demarcated so they only share the kitchen. The other two rooms are occupied by 2 different individuals which were tenants before him. He came in through one of the earlier occupants and they've been living very fine.

Please I wish to know
What are the dangers of living in such apartment if perhaps issues arise because

1. The lawyer or the landlord according to him, is not aware of the development. Once the rent expires, they get paid and so have no need coming around in a long time.
2. From what my guy said, All 3 of them are not the first occupant of the Flat. It was handed over from the original tenant to his co tenant who rented it out to him.
3. Though he has the lion share of all bills(electric and security), since he occupy the larger part of the house, he has no access to the original rent receipt.
4. Other flat, are all occupied by family men and have no need to share. Just his flat.

So, the enlightened in the house, please what are the dangers of living in such place perhaps issues arise among the tenants in the future?

To me there's no danger in sharing apartment if the inhabitants are okay(when I mean ok good but not 100%)

Here in Milan I leave in shared apartment(2 bedroom flat with a neighbour) we split the bills and the landlord is aware. Our both names is the the contractual agreement signed. though I'm still a bachelor. But won't advise a shared apartment if you're a family person (married with kids?

We rise by lifting others

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by erico2k2(m): 11:57am On May 08, 2022
bencarter:
Never ideal

One of the occupant might get into trouble
If the police somehow locates his apartment they pick everybody believing you all have similar motives since you all live in one flat
This is true but 9ja police can arrest whole compound too.

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by GerogeI(m): 11:58am On May 08, 2022
Flat sharing is suited to young people struggling to establish their careers. It is the lowest cost of accommodation in UK, and US, so their is nothing wrong with sharing flats. Its way better than face me I face you.

The problem is that our theiving legislature has not found it useful to laydown laws guiding flats share as has been the case in other parts of the world.
So my suggestion is that the parties involved should draw up an agreement covering the sharing dos and don't and sign it. And also try to ensure their rent reaches the owner of the house.

Whether the landlord is aware or not, the minimum period of 6 months must be given for eviction as long as he has been collecting money from one of you.

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by erico2k2(m): 11:58am On May 08, 2022
AkhereOkaka:

To me there's no danger in sharing apartment if the inhabitants are okay(when I mean ok good but not 100%)

Here in Milan I leave in shared apartment(2 bedroom flat with a neighbour) we split the bills and the landlord is aware. Our both names is the the contractual agreement signed. though I'm still a bachelor. But won't advise a shared apartment if you're a family person (married with kids?

We rise by lifting others
well said.in the west People have been sharing for donkey uears

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Naustine(m): 12:01pm On May 08, 2022
erico2k2:

its better to share bathroom in a flat than with the whole compound

You are right .... I live in a three bedroom flat shared by there guys with 2 bathrooms. But the bathroom de bring issues..imagine when it's the whole compound
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by okwusdaddy: 12:01pm On May 08, 2022
Just make that there are well established boundaries.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by erico2k2(m): 12:04pm On May 08, 2022
Naustine:

You are right .... I live in a three bedroom flat shared by there guys with 2 bathrooms. But the bathroom de bring issues..imagine when it's the whole compound
nah to wake up early tie towel go shower or you shower keep as we call it in my Uni days ahaha
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by lovat(m): 12:08pm On May 08, 2022
GooodHardDick:
OP, we're not kids here.

you're only bothered because your privacy of having sex with him will be reduced drastically because of the other occupants!

However, if you want a situation where you want to bang him without the interferences of other occupants, then give him money so he can rent another apartment on his own, of course, or is it only your over used pussy you have to offer him?. If you ain't ready to give him money, I'll urge you to allow that young man to have peace in his house.
At the bolded just made your comment to tell us that you are a Juvenile

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Naustine(m): 12:09pm On May 08, 2022
erico2k2:

nah to wake up early tie towel go shower or you shower keep as we call it in my Uni days ahaha

LoL....one of the guys will use water and will never refill it when the tap is running, knowing fully well that electricity is hard to come by here and therefore the tap isn't guaranteed to run all the time.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by erico2k2(m): 12:11pm On May 08, 2022
Naustine:

LoL....one of the guys will use water and will never refill it when the tap is running, knowing fully well that electricity is hard to come by here and therefore the tap isn't guaranteed to run all the time.
aha and when Nepa take light?���
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Naustine(m): 12:12pm On May 08, 2022
erico2k2:

aha and when Nepa take light?���

If not that he is a senior colleague in the office, I for don punch am wotowoto

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by erico2k2(m): 12:14pm On May 08, 2022
Naustine:

If not that he is a senior colleague in the office, I for don punch am wotowoto
ahaha there goes the neighborhood
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Naustine(m): 12:14pm On May 08, 2022
erico2k2:

ahaha there goes the neighborhood

Aswear
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Emjayyyy348: 12:16pm On May 08, 2022
I finally found a place where I can meet and date beautiful Ghana girls
condralbedez53: I joined the forum because I want to date a Ghana girl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by DoggoneDogg: 12:17pm On May 08, 2022
I love shared flats cuz it allows me to steal and keep my cost of living low.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Rawtruth1: 12:17pm On May 08, 2022
The only problem I see is the possibility of your husband conducting DNA test on his kids after some years.

I don't trust any unbeliever lady. I only trust genuinely born again Christian sisters who hate sin, indecent dressing, hate the devil and his agents.

But if you have repented and practice holiness and holy distancing from opposite sex, you are good to go. No harm in the flat. Just device means of cooking elsewhere outside the shared kitchen
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by erico2k2(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2022
Rawtruth1:
The only problem is see is the possibility of your husband conducting DNA test on his kids after some years.

I don't trust any unbeliever lady. I only trust genuinely born again Christian sisters who hate sin, indecent dressing, hate the devil and his agents.
Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by 1ludroli0: 12:19pm On May 08, 2022
TIME TO WIN VERY BIG!!!
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Lamasta(m): 12:20pm On May 08, 2022
Better let the landlord be informed in case any issue arises in the future....
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by tmoneyu: 12:23pm On May 08, 2022
html14java:
My Fiancé rented a 1 room and Palour out of a 3 bedroom flat. Its well demarcated so they only share the kitchen. The other two rooms are occupied by 2 different individuals which were tenants before him. He came in through one of the earlier occupants and they've been living very fine.

Please I wish to know
What are the dangers of living in such apartment if perhaps issues arise because

1. The lawyer or the landlord according to him, is not aware of the development. Once the rent expires, they get paid and so have no need coming around in a long time.
2. From what my guy said, All 3 of them are not the first occupant of the Flat. It was handed over from the original tenant to his co tenant who rented it out to him.
3. Though he has the lion share of all bills(electric and security), since he occupy the larger part of the house, he has no access to the original rent receipt.
4. Other flat, are all occupied by family men and have no need to share. Just his flat.

So, the enlightened in the house, please what are the dangers of living in such place perhaps issues arise among the tenants in the future?
You see women, you guys are problematic, why are you asking questions when he has been there without issues, why are u raising dust where there is peace, if I happens to be your guy I will give you sack letter

4 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by uBuNiT: 12:24pm On May 08, 2022
Guys living peacefully o. Now one yeye girl is digging for a possible problem to bring katakata. See, tell your woman wrapper guy to go and rent a BQ elswhere so you will feel the way you like

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by ceaser: 12:24pm On May 08, 2022
Trouble sleep jeje, yànga wan wake am.

Guys get along with living together or as neighbours quite better than ladies do. Jealousy and badu belle is virtually absent, well until such time a lady comes into the mix. And if occasionally some misunderstanding arises, they usually sort issues out easier than ladies will.

Women are unarguably a necessity for any society.

And of course the trouble that follows the entrance of a woman into a place of apparent peace has been occurring for ages. Even though the same woman then that started the war then becomes the object all the warring parties look up to to bring back the peace or keep the fragile one that is forged.

The garden of Eden was a beauty to reside and became much more beautiful when eve came along. But the peace and rest was not to last as she became the conduit for the serpent to get in.

Greece had enjoyed peace and tranquility and the arrival of Helen of Troy into the picture, especially with her beauty brought further respect to the city and her people. But war soon broke out because of her.

What matters most is the understanding that they fulfil their tenancy contract and agreement with the owner. This includes prompt payment of their rent when it is due and careful usage of the property (no destructions or misuse). As a property owner, as long as tenants keep to this, I have no problems with 'em.

html14java:

Please I wish to know

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Kokaine(m): 12:28pm On May 08, 2022
lifestyle differences may affect your kids. like if they smoke or indulge in habits you dont want your kids to learn.
secondly, if one is a criminal and is on the run, his creditors can come for you thinking youre his relative.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by porthouse7(f): 12:29pm On May 08, 2022
normal thing in South Africa, especially Joburg
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Kobicove(m): 12:31pm On May 08, 2022
Uzomacharles:
Your roomie go know when you dey kpash sef

grin
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by BigDawsNet: 12:33pm On May 08, 2022
Normal thing as a student abroad...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5-storey Building Collapses In Apapa / Apartments To Let In Abeokuta, Ogun State (Kindly Note the Prices have Changed) / Can 10M Naira complete a housing project(land Inclusive)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.