Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat (32040 Views)

Don't Lose Your House To A Bulldozer: The Dangers Of Buying Property In Lagos / Searching for a BQ, Room in Shared Flat or “Self Contained” along Lekki Axis / Peckham spacious single Room £400pcm for tidy, Quiet female in shared flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Bahamas95(m): 12:37pm On May 08, 2022
Instead of me to share a duplex with a co-tenant I would rather rent a bedsitter.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by jaxxy(m): 12:51pm On May 08, 2022
html14java:
Please nls, I need your advice.
My Fiancé rented a 1 room and Palour out of a 3 bedroom flat. Its well demarcated so they only share the kitchen. The other two rooms are occupied by 2 different individuals which were tenants before him. He came in through one of the earlier occupants and they've been living very fine.

Please I wish to know
What are the dangers of living in such apartment if perhaps issues arise because

1. The lawyer or the landlord according to him, is not aware of the development. Once the rent expires, they get paid and so have no need coming around in a long time.
2. From what my guy said, All 3 of them are not the first occupant of the Flat. It was handed over from the original tenant to his co tenant who rented it out to him.
3. Though he has the lion share of all bills(electric and security), since he occupy the larger part of the house, he has no access to the original rent receipt.
4. Other flat, are all occupied by family men and have no need to share. Just his flat.

So, the enlightened in the house, please what are the dangers of living in such place perhaps issues arise among the tenants in the future?

know the information about the history of the previous tenants down to the last original tenant if possible and if not then make sure u get or keep a confirmation of payment to the direct owner even if its a just transfer receipt or statement.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by JoyousFurnitire(m): 12:53pm On May 08, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
I love shared flats cuz it allows me to steal and keep my cost of living low.
grin
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by JoyousFurnitire(m): 12:55pm On May 08, 2022
Rawtruth1:

I don't trust any unbeliever lady. I only trust genuinely born again Christian sisters who hate sin, indecent dressing, hate the devil and his agents.

This wan never serious haha cheesy
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by SmartyPants(m): 1:08pm On May 08, 2022
iamauxin:
I'm a lawyer and as far as I'm concerned your fiance is a squatter in that premises. Because the apartment was 'sublet' to him by another tenant and not the landlord.

IN the event there's any issue arising from your stay there or the usage of the common place it will be resolved against you.

Is there a law that a leasee cannot sublet their property? For all intents and purposes as long as the sublease does not violate any conditions of the main lease and expires before the term of the main lease, there is no issue.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by madskills(m): 1:13pm On May 08, 2022
html14java:
My Fiancé rented a 1 room and Palour out of a 3 bedroom flat. Its well demarcated so they only share the kitchen. The other two rooms are occupied by 2 different individuals which were tenants before him. He came in through one of the earlier occupants and they've been living very fine.

Please I wish to know
What are the dangers of living in such apartment if perhaps issues arise because

1. The lawyer or the landlord according to him, is not aware of the development. Once the rent expires, they get paid and so have no need coming around in a long time.
2. From what my guy said, All 3 of them are not the first occupant of the Flat. It was handed over from the original tenant to his co tenant who rented it out to him.
3. Though he has the lion share of all bills(electric and security), since he occupy the larger part of the house, he has no access to the original rent receipt.
4. Other flat, are all occupied by family men and have no need to share. Just his flat.

So, the enlightened in the house, please what are the dangers of living in such place perhaps issues arise among the tenants in the future?
Jast tell us that you want your fiance to get his own place, so that you can know where this relationship is headed, and you can use your girl power to hook it faster
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by bigtt76(f): 1:22pm On May 08, 2022
Pls don't mind comments insulting or abusing your sense of reasoning. A responsible woman in relationship with a guy deserves to know and you are doing just that. My thoughts below

1. If there's an issue and the place is raided, your fiance would have no way of confirming how he go to stay there without a receipt or an agreement with the landlord.

2. He has no way of confirming the personality of the co-tenants and what they do or who they are

3. Since he occupies the largest space and pays the highest bill, he deserves to have access to the original rent receipt except there's something fishy which they are hiding from him.

4. He can be ejected at anytime without quit notice.

html14java:

Please I wish to know

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Mom007(f): 1:30pm On May 08, 2022
Typical. Guys will be living fine together then as soon as one of them has a serious relationship, the lady will come and cause rancor and bad blood between them! Madam girlfriend, you have said they are living fine so why are you looking for something that isn't lost? Leave those guys alone. As their situations improve, each one will find his level. Don't go and cause confusion between them!

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by iamauxin(m): 1:54pm On May 08, 2022
SmartyPants:

Is there a law that a leasee cannot sublet their property? For all intents and purposes as long as the sublease does not violate any conditions of the main lease and expires before the term of the main lease, there is no issue.

A basic clause or condition in a tenancy agreement is that the tenant must not sublet the demised t premises. Any such subletting of the apartment is a fundamental breach of the conditions. It's immaterial whether this subletting is done during the subsistence of the of the original tenancy or after its expiration.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by daniwise(m): 1:56pm On May 08, 2022
I sincerely don't blame your man.Getting a perfect apartment that meets your taste,you should be able to cough out at least 450-1m.Most of the apartments in Lagos are converted and they still come with ridiculously high amounts.He should be patient and tolerant while he makes better plans ahead.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Perfecttouchade: 2:05pm On May 08, 2022
Let's make your Aluminium windows for u at a very good rate and quality delivery

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Buffalo2(m): 2:08pm On May 08, 2022
Common prepaid we share is causing wahala talk more of sharing apartment. You better look for a separate apartment
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by VEE2010(m): 2:48pm On May 08, 2022
There is nothing wrong with sharing an apartment with others. The only problem I see here is the moral problem that we face as a country, for example, we seldom care to know the source of our neighbors' livelihood and if there is anything incriminating about an individual in the apartment, the law sees the occupants of the apartment as close relatives although it can be proven otherwise, it will take some time to do so. Considering the situation of abuse by our law enforcement agency, an innocent person may be labeled as a criminal for a long time of litigation.
There are similar situations that people always ignore, such as going to a bar and sitting where others are already sitting. A friend went to a bar and innocently sat down to share a table with a group of armed robbers who were being trailed by the police. Unfortunately for him, he was caught with the bandits, it took the efforts of good-spirited friends to prove his innocence as he was also paraded with the robbers.

2 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by boxer022(m): 2:54pm On May 08, 2022
I believe there must have been mutual understanding between all co-tenants before moving into the apartment and if followed properly, there should be no problem. The kitchen which they share will have separate cupboards and cooking utensils. If he feels that the apartment is uncomfortable for him then he has to move out and look for either a self contained apartment, a room and parlour apartment (not shared) or a two bedroom apartment.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by phemmyfour: 2:55pm On May 08, 2022
html14java:

Please I wish to know

You are playing with imprisonment. The day the caretaker or landlord find out, you LL know the kind of fire you are playing with
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Johel(m): 2:57pm On May 08, 2022
html14java:

Please I wish to know

I share my apartment with some ladies too,I brushed one sha...fine gurl,but she still pays her rent, no much issue as long as your tenants respects you and any don't pass their boundaries,if dem wan do anyhow ,I dey change am for dem and dem dey comport.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by babatee1985(m): 2:58pm On May 08, 2022
If they are sharing same prepaid meter, na there wahala go first start.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by chukel(m): 3:00pm On May 08, 2022
html14java:

Please I wish to know

this must be abuja
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by crackhouse(m): 3:12pm On May 08, 2022
Adonis86:
How come this kind of post made it to the front page?

Ops, how this matter take concern you, abi na your apartment?
her fiancé
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by crackhouse(m): 3:15pm On May 08, 2022
The danger is that when your man dey knack you others go dey hear moan. That's all
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by ibinaboonline: 3:37pm On May 08, 2022
Why has no one remembered the part of landlord finding out? I doubt landlord will find it funny on finding out how his original tenant sublet his house and moved away. The most interesting thing here is that other tenants in the house (I don’t mean in the apartment) are minding their business. I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Datikwerreboi(m): 3:52pm On May 08, 2022
Sweetplum:
Why you come post Zee World poster for the post.
Last Drop:
They should enjoy the sharing while it last or your fiance, the lion shareholder should man up & inform those incharge of the house and let them know they won't default.
Things like this are common in Nigeria due to poor economy on almost everyone. But no matter how it is, landlord, caretaker etc must know from the beginning.
Lol, even in London there is shared apartment due to high cost of properties.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 08, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Lol, even in London there is shared apartment due to high cost of properties.
We know, Londoner boy from Ikwerre, Rivers State.
Do you know Amaechi won't be the next president?
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Datikwerreboi(m): 3:53pm On May 08, 2022
iamauxin:
I'm a lawyer and as far as I'm concerned your fiance is a squatter in that premises. Because the apartment was 'sublet' to him by another tenant and not the landlord.

IN the event there's any issue arising from your stay there or the usage of the common place it will be resolved against you.
You didn't need to tell us you're a lawyer bc it is not verifiable. Just write your stuff and move on
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Datikwerreboi(m): 3:55pm On May 08, 2022
GooodHardDick:
OP, we're not kids here.

you're only bothered because your privacy of having sex with him will be reduced drastically because of the other occupants!

However, if you want a situation where you want to bang him without the interferences of other occupants, then give him money so he can rent another apartment on his own, of course, or is it only your over used pussy you have to offer him?. If you ain't ready to give him money, I'll urge you to allow that young man to have peace in his house.
Here is someone who sees beyond what other readers aren't seeing. Op wants privacy to bang qed
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Datikwerreboi(m): 3:56pm On May 08, 2022
soundOsonic:
Why do you women want to cause problem?

You want to convince him to leave the place, do so.

The main purpose of you asking is to plant discord in his heart, so he can start suspecting his roommate.

Most Women are fond of going to their fiancee house to fight landlord, tenants and the rest.
Simply because they don't like the place instead of talking their man out, to leave there
She wants a privacy to bang cheesy grin
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by GooodHardDick: 4:02pm On May 08, 2022
Datikwerreboi:

Here is someone who sees beyond what other readers aren't seeing. Op wants privacy to bang qed

Honourable comrade.

We know them very well. They know they can never deceive guys like us. If not for privacy for banging, why would the girl start running around, abi did the guy complained to the girl that he doesn't like the place? Why is she bothered? My brother, we know these Nigeria girls format, no be today.

Believe these Nigerian girls at your own peril.
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by tfelicityk(m): 4:04pm On May 08, 2022
This is serious problem... Demarcating one's properties without seeking his/her consent...

I will suggest he should look for accommodation else...
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Datikwerreboi(m): 4:07pm On May 08, 2022
Sweetplum:

We know, Londoner boy from Ikwerre, Rivers State.
Do you know Amaechi won't be the next president?
Lol, you're so funny. You will be interesting to interact with grin cheesy
Re: Dangers Of Living In A Shared Flat by Datikwerreboi(m): 4:08pm On May 08, 2022
GooodHardDick:

Honourable comrade.

We know them very well. They know they can never deceive guys like us. If not for privacy for banging, why would the girl start running around, abi did the guy complained to the girl that he doesn't like the place? Why is she bothered? My brother, we know these Nigeria girls format, no be today.

Believe these Nigerian girls at your own peril.
grin grin grin cheesy sharp guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shocking Warnings On A Gate In FCT / 5-storey Building Collapses In Apapa / Apartments To Let In Abeokuta, Ogun State (Kindly Note the Prices have Changed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.