Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

What's The English Name Of This Fruit. - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The English Name Of This Fruit. (46082 Views)

What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language / What Is This Fruit Called In English? / What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Regex: 8:12pm On May 09, 2022
Voldoz:
Please what's the name of this fruit or whatever it is, it tastes good though.

Almond
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Allisgud: 8:18pm On May 09, 2022
DonroxyII:
Same here but too much is bad na:
it will be better if it's grinded and used in place of sugar
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by yanabasee(m): 8:20pm On May 09, 2022
Yuneehk:
What the northerners call Dabino. It's called Dates in English. It's a natural sweetener, and very healthy as it's packed with nutrients. Some chew it like that, while it can also be used to sweeten drinks. I personally do not like eating it like that, but use it for Kunu Aya.

Hy
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by drealzum(m): 8:35pm On May 09, 2022
pek:
Is debeno English? And people liked the comment. angry
Hahahaha
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by DonroxyII: 9:00pm On May 09, 2022
Allisgud:
it will be better if it's grinded and used in place of sugar
For real and some of them has rotten internals when unchecked can lead to infection when consumed!

I love Date so much though, I eat till my teeth aches: One gatz be careful though as I no wan comot any of my 32s!
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Maryam1234(f): 9:34pm On May 09, 2022
stamapro:

True, the problem with kunu Aya, is you can't preserve for too long.
It can be preseved for longer periods if refrigerated,if possible frozen.When ever you want to use you defrost.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by stamapro(m): 10:00pm On May 09, 2022
Maryam1234:

It can be preseved for longer periods if refrigerated,if possible frozen.When ever you want to use you defrost.

Yes, have tried that too, but discovered that the moment you defrost, you consume else it becomes useless. Or are there preservatives to use??

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Benwallt(m): 10:15pm On May 09, 2022
Corn pear
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Makaveli217(m): 11:52pm On May 09, 2022
francium001:
Please is the seed of the DATE fruit included while grinding?

No
Cut it open, take the seed out, wash the fruit to remove dust and dirt, sun dry it or heat it up with a hot pot to dry of the water on it, then you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by unanonso(m): 6:22am On May 10, 2022
Thomasankara:

The fresh ones are so plenty in jos

Not surprised. But I have never seen the fresh ones here.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by bis4all(m): 6:42am On May 10, 2022
Dates, from Date palm
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by macrodata(m): 6:58am On May 10, 2022
Bahamas95:
Date.

I don't like it, it's too sweet......I find it very difficult to swallow after chewing it.
Try the dry ones the fresh one is highly concentrated.

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Tonytonex(m): 9:23am On May 10, 2022
RoyalBlu:

It's called 'Aya'
okaaay! Thank you very much for your response. Is from there they got kunu aya?
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Tonytonex(m): 9:26am On May 10, 2022
macrodata:
Try the dry ones the fresh one is highly concentrated.
I will try the fresh one. I haven't tasted it before.

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by RoyalBlu(f): 11:06am On May 10, 2022
Tonytonex:
okaaay! Thank you very much for your response. Is from there they got kunu aya?

Sure!

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Ameboperoo(m): 9:40pm On May 10, 2022
Tonytonex:
I will try the fresh one. I haven't tasted it before.
The fresh one tastes like sugarcane

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Tonytonex(m): 6:58am On May 11, 2022
Ameboperoo:

The fresh one tastes like sugarcane
but it's scares.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad / Do You Remeber This Drinks ? If Yes Which One Os Your Favorite? / Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.