Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom (431 Views)

What Is The Right Age To Attain Before Losing One's Virginity?either Boy Or Girl / Ghana: Parents Dragged Student Who Impregnated Their Daughter From Class (Video) / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Baby Mama. See Their Daughter's Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by Thebadpolitican(m): 2:10pm On May 09, 2022
Please elders in the house what is the appropriate age for a parent's to give their daughter her own freedom to explore life

My girlfriend would be 20yrs this June and her parent's are still very protective of her, she is a
200l student if not for the ASUU strike she would have already been in her 300l first semester

I like her alot ASUU has separated her from me for months now she just resumed from the Christmas break and returned to school February, few weeks later ASUU began their strike and I feel we need to see more considering the fact assu is still extending the strike for extra 3months.
And going to see her in her state is way costlier. Unlike if she decide to come to Benin to see me, she stays in Lagos and I have no where to stay than hotel, if I go to see her in lagos..... although she is the only child but for her age I believe her parent's should give her more freedom she would be 20 next month

I don't know if I am being too selfish and inconsiderate of her age because I want to see her, but I still feel she deserves more freedom for her age

Any advice to get her here I need help and guidance for future purpose Incase am a parent's myself someday

House pardon my typographical error am not so good with English ....

How do I move this to front Page for more opinions mods please help push Rocktation farano
Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by Islandlady(f): 2:17pm On May 09, 2022
Hmm Op you are being selfish and inconsiderate because you wants to f**k her not that you even miss her, haba shocked At 20yrs a lady in most Nigerian home is still a baby under their parents! Infact till the day she marries or after service!

Imagine you as a parent, will you allow your 20yrs old daughter to go visit a guy while still schooling and on holiday even with the evil happening in the country nowadays! Don't pressure that girl by coming to see you, just wait till you guys resume back

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by Whazar(m): 2:18pm On May 09, 2022
Normal normal e suppose be after her first preek

Where I cone from as long as you feel you are big enough to chop preek then you are good to live alone and control your life
Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:18pm On May 09, 2022
no Nigerian parent in this day and age would let the 20yr old daughter go and stay with some stranger in another city...this has nothing to do with her age, it has all to do with the situation in Nigeria.

shouldnt you do what is right FIRST?!?!?! aka go to Lagos, meet the parents, let them understand that this r/ship is serious and that you are a serious person etc....

do you even have your own place to talk of having her come over?!?!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by iRepNaija1: 2:20pm On May 09, 2022
She probably won't get that freedom that you're describing until NYSC.
Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 09, 2022
"And going to see her in her state is way costlier. Unlike if she decide to come to Benin to see me, she stays in Lagos and I have no where to stay than hotel, if I go to see her in lagos..... although she is the only child but for her age I believe her parent's should give her more freedom she would be 20 next month" sad

Freedom to do what exactly? grin , well, you just said it yourself that "she is the only child of her parent" as such we cant entirely blame the parent's for been overly protective of there only FEMALE child inrespective of her age.

And from the look of things your gf is seems to be young and lack courage to make decision for herself( my assumptions though)....... As for the FREEDOM which you seek, few Nigerian parent's would be willing to grant such a freedom grin
Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by MMWandali: 2:39pm On May 09, 2022
When she is married
Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by Thebadpolitican(m): 3:27pm On May 09, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
no Nigerian parent in this day and age would let the 20yr old daughter go and stay with some stranger in another city...this has nothing to do with her age, it has all to do with the situation in Nigeria.

shouldnt you do what is right FIRST?!?!?! aka go to Lagos, meet the parents, let them understand that this r/ship is serious and that you are a serious person etc....

do you even have your own place to talk of having her come over?!?!

Yes I do ,I stay in a student area because I finished from the school as she..I pay my rent myself
Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by Thebadpolitican(m): 3:32pm On May 09, 2022
Islandlady:
Hmm Op you are being selfish and inconsiderate because you wants to f**k her not that you even miss her, haba shocked At 20yrs a lady in most Nigerian home is still a baby under their parents! Infact till the day she marries or after service!

Imagine you as a parent, will you allow your 20yrs old daughter to go visit a guy while still schooling and on holiday even with the evil happening in the country nowadays! Don't pressure that girl by coming to see you, just wait till you guys resume back

I don't want to Bleep her she is a virgin, and I told her to keep it, till her finals I have a enough ahead of me now, I just miss her and even if she comes for a week I would be grateful but I feel for her age she deserves her free will
Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:33pm On May 09, 2022
Thebadpolitican:
Yes I do ,I stay in a student area because I finished from the school as she..I pay my rent myself

ok then go meet her parents, tell them about yourself (what you do, your intentions etc) and let them understand who/what you are, before expecting them to let their daughter come over like that.
also, have you ever asked your babe directly if she actualy wanna come over?!
Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by Islandlady(f): 7:14pm On May 09, 2022
Thebadpolitican:

I don't want to Bleep her she is a virgin, and I told her to keep it, till her finals I have a enough ahead of me now, I just miss her and even if she comes for a week I would be grateful but I feel for her age she deserves her free will
ohh really that's cool undecided

But that free will you taking about is not right for now, when she is on her own she can come and go as a likes not now!

Infact how old are you sef undecided
Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by Thebadpolitican(m): 9:36pm On May 09, 2022
Islandlady:
ohh really that's cool undecided

But that free will you taking about is not right for now, when she is on her own she can come and go as a likes not now!

Infact how old are you sef undecided

28yrs but looking younger than my age
Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by Uniquetani1(f): 9:38pm On May 09, 2022
iRepNaija1:
She probably won't get that freedom that you're describing until NYSC.

Abi when she want to get married

1 Like

Re: What Is The Right Age 4a Parent's To Give Their Daughter Freedom by Blunttruth: 9:41pm On May 09, 2022
Thebadpolitican:
Please elders in the house what is the appropriate age for a parent's to give their daughter her own freedom to explore life

My girlfriend would be 20yrs this June and her parent's are still very protective of her, she is a
200l student if not for the ASUU strike she would have already been in her 300l first semester

I like her alot ASUU has separated her from me for months now she just resumed from the Christmas break and returned to school February, few weeks later ASUU began their strike and I feel we need to see more considering the fact assu is still extending the strike for extra 3months.
And going to see her in her state is way costlier. Unlike if she decide to come to Benin to see me, she stays in Lagos and I have no where to stay than hotel, if I go to see her in lagos..... although she is the only child but for her age I believe her parent's should give her more freedom she would be 20 next month

I don't know if I am being to selfish and inconsiderate of her age because I want to see her, but I still feel she deserves more freedom for her age

Any advice to get her here I need help and guidance for future purpose Incase am a parent's myself someday

House pardon my typographical error am not so good with English ....

How do I move this to front Page for more opinions mods please help push Rocktation farano

I think you are ready to get married and have kids. You better calm down and go and learn something during this strike. Advice her to do the same. Thank God for WhatsApp, audio and video calls. In our days it wasn't easy during strike but we survived.

(1) (Reply)

Advise Urgently Neeeeded.please HELP!!!!! / Ghhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggg / How Do You Cope With Long Distance Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.