Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) (61281 Views)

15 Mind-Boggling Facts About Russia You Don't Know About (Photos) / Moment Ukraine Shot Down Russian Helicopter. Video And Pictures. / US Hypocritical About Russia-ukraine War, Says Senator Sanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Lumig: 8:23am On May 11, 2022
Na dis kind post I dey like. God bless the poster and the mod
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by madridguy(m): 8:29am On May 11, 2022
Nice thread.
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by uchennaq(m): 8:38am On May 11, 2022
A country being led by a psychopath.

Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by VirileNelly2420: 8:40am On May 11, 2022
jimetagambo:
:
Don't u think ur posts don't cohere?
Earlier, ur post says minimum wage in Russia is $198 or so ...

Den ur subsequent post says minimum wage $2.*** Per hour in Russia. And over $4k yearly.

I hereby squash all coming from u.
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Pharaohny: 8:45am On May 11, 2022
cenaman:
Joblessness is too bad.

grin grin angry grin
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by TheOmoney(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2022
Seeing these...I now feel 9ja is just a street

But no place like home
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by MERCHANDISER: 9:01am On May 11, 2022
God bless Motherland
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by DonXavi(m): 9:08am On May 11, 2022
f
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by lexander(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2022
jimetagambo:
Russia defence budget vs US defense budget.
that just shows that the US are always prepared to invade other countries and they have done precisely that in the last 100 years. why would you invest such an absurd amount of money if you're not at war?
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Daum: 9:10am On May 11, 2022
I never taught of Russia as poor. The first country to send man to space can't be poor. But what I know is Russia ain't easy economically strong like the west. If they were, china won't abandon their economic model which fell apart in the 90s to copy the glorious capitalism and free market economic principles.

Hate America if you wish but that country knows how to make her friends and allies rich and successful. If her allies have good leaders, then she will make them really wealthy with good business deals. That's why she's powerful. America intervened in Europe after world war ll, look how economical viable the west of Europe is, now compare it former Soviet states. Look at the friends of America up north with good leaders like Sweden and Finland and Norway. They are doing great. Look at their business partners like UAE and Qatar in the middle east. See what the west has done through oil money there. Beautiful countries. Look at south Korea. Look at Japan. Even communist Vietnam had to go back to America for economic delivery. Look at Taiwan and Singapore. Exceptionally rich countries. Look at your almighty china, who do they thank for the economic miracle, it's the west and her allies.

It's not all about selling weapons which Russia does, how do you help governments. how do you lift nations. We rise by lifting others doesn't work with Russia well. Their policies don't work well. If it did, Baltic states won't be queing to join the EU and have Brussels dish out economic communions.

China is a better learner than Russia. China has studied that at one point in time Russia was shoulder to shoulder with America, then the world was bipolar, but America broke Russian power with confrontation directly. China is now copying from America. Spreading loans everywhere. Moving up and down with trade and the road and belt initiative. They understand that real power is not only about having the numbers and guns, it's about sustaining a long campaign. It's all about money.

So yes Russia is not poor, but forget English, if America no work, I would rather go to Finland than russia.....e get why
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by VirileNelly2420: 9:16am On May 11, 2022
Kingozymandias:
Rubbish hungry propaganda post... What amazes me is how the extremely poor Nigerians are rooting for Russia.. grin you see them typing God bless Russia , these are hungry wretched people who can't afford 32 pages international passport so they blame their misery on the west and America grin

No Nigerian with money or middle class hates America , because that's were we travel for business runs , holiday and to study we go to the west or Europe, no Nigerian wakes up and says they want to go and study in Russia! Only the extremely poor and unfortunate. Russia is so racist it's unbelievable.

When you have countries like America, Canada , UK, Germany, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Holland, etc who would go to study or live in Russia ?

The extremely dirty poor and frustrated Nigerians are the ones shouting Putin the hero this and that around the forum grin

These are frustrated individuals who poverty and hunger has dealt with so just pity them angry
U think u've spoken well, enit?

The main reason people find it hard going to Russia is just dia "unfriendly weather"...

And if u think Nigerians supporting Russia are low life individuals, den, u should go find ur sucker, cos certainly u're a kid. No offense meant.

Even, some Americans living in America still show support for Russia.

Am not a religious person, but I know how well Christians Revere his Holiness, Pope Francis. He still spoke in favour of Russia. Is he hungry too?

....And den, one riffraff, wit black rotten ass, highly infested with penury..., Thought it wise to state dat people supporting Russia are hungry people. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by lexander(m): 9:21am On May 11, 2022
this was posted by another user and am not sure if it will get to front page but you all need to read this .
Democratic and ranking US Senator Bernie Sanders has slammed the United States as hypocritical for kicking against Russia’s on-going onslaught against Ukraine, accusing the American government of illegitimately overthrowing a “dozen” of regimes in other countries.

In a video, Sanders, who spoke before the war between Russia and Ukraine broke out, pointed out on the US Senate floor that the American government was selfish and would have flexed its military muscles against Ukraine, were it to be in Russia’s situation.

Sanders stated, “Putin may be a liar and a demagogue, but it is hypocritical for the United States to insist that we do not accept the principle of ‘spheres of influence’. For the last 200 years, our country has operated under the Monroe Doctrine, embracing the premise that as the dominant power in the western hemisphere,” explained Sanders, “the United States has the right to intervene against any country that might threaten our alleged interests.”
Under this doctrine, noted the US senator, America had committed various atrocities on foreign lands.

The Democratic senator stressed, “We have undermined and overthrown at least a dozen governments. In 1962 we came to the brink of nuclear war with the Soviet Union in response to the placement of Soviet missiles in Cuba, 90 miles from our shore, which the Kennedy administration saw as an unacceptable threat to our national security.”

He added, “And the Monroe Doctrine is not ancient history. As recently as 2018, Donald Trump’s Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, called the Monroe Doctrine ‘as relevant today as it was the day it was written’. In 2019, Trump’s former national security adviser, John Bolton, declared ‘the Monroe Doctrine is alive and well’.”

Further condemning the US grandstanding and hypocritical response to the Russia-Ukraine crisis, Sanders explained, “To put it simply, even if Russia was not ruled by a corrupt authoritarian leader like Vladimir Putin, Russia, like the United States, would still have an interest in the security policies of its neighbours.”

The Almanac of American Politics calls Sanders, serving his third term in the US Senate after winning re-election in 2018, a “practical and successful legislator.”

The one-time American presidential aspirant did not mince words expressing his displeasure against the US government’s subversiveness against Russia.

“Does anyone really believe that the United States would not have something to say if, for example, Mexico was to form a military alliance with a US adversary?” said Sanders. “Countries should be free to make their own foreign policy choices, but making those choices wisely requires a serious consideration of the costs and benefits.” He further pointed out that “the fact is that the US and Ukraine entering into a deeper security relationship is likely to have some very serious costs – for both countries.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8BJ4FajZzg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Zane2point4(m): 9:41am On May 11, 2022
Bentizil:
This is not Russia... cry
The Russia we know is a third world country suffering from poverty.. That's what CNN, BBC has been telling us...
I refuse to believe, this is not the Russia we know... cheesy

Then why dont Nigerians migrate mostly to russia for greeener pastures??

Forget all those edited pics,its fine tho,buh if u go russia hunger go kill u
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Nobody: 9:42am On May 11, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

I know nothing? You write this epistle filled with gibberish, incoherency and fallacy and say I know nothing? Lol

Let me educate your empty skull; even if the word originated from blacks, the phenomenon it describes is largely perpetuated by rich coastal liberals to satisfy their virtue signaling needs.

If you don’t know then go on the internet. The information on how this cancel culture phenomenon as we know it today started is all over the net. It mainly began from the #MeToo movement when multiple men in Hollywood lost their careers or went to jail after allegations of past sexual assault were levied on them. Do you think it was black people “cancelling” rich Hollywood executives? You just said minutes ago they are not powerful enough for that.

It was from this movement that it spread like fire over the internet and people started getting ‘canceled’ for all types of ridiculous reasons. Before the #MeToo movement it was not a thing to be worried about a tweet you made 15 years ago coming back to threaten your career as happened to Kevin Hart when he lost his Oscar hosting gig because of an old tweet. Again do you think it’s black people that did that to Kevin Hart? Do you think it’s black people that attempted to cancel Dave Chappelle? Do you know how revered both these men are in the black community? You must be insane.

Again I repeat that black people don’t have time for that shit. We are not that petulant even in America. It’s not our culture or our nature to be that petty and unforgiving that’s why we can’t be the ones perpetuating cancel culture. It is mainly white liberals dude. If you want more examples I will give you a thousand.

Lastly you say America will crush any country? LMAO. These guys wasted $2 trillion and 21 years and couldn’t even defeat the Taliban, a bunch of barbarian goat herders with primitive weapons and you think they can defeat the worlds largest nuclear power easily? Loool. You a clown for real. Why have they not attacked Russia since Na? We know if it was a poor Arab country that did even half of what Russia has done they would have been sending cruise missiles like the cowards they are by now so why they suddenly quiet now? Loool you know nothing.

America is the biggest perpetrator of terrorism in this world. But dumb niggaz like you have been brainwashed by their media. They have killed far more people in unnecessary wars, invasions and occupations than Russia and are the only country so far to ever actually use a nuclear weapon. So get that through your thick skull.
I stopped reading at ‘empty skull’.

Carry on man.
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Horokrox: 9:42am On May 11, 2022
FlackoRaine:

So you want to compare that to America’s $801 Billion. Even California & Texas are richer than Russia. Don’t be a dumbass!
Don't be a ZOMBIE I only pointed out the ERRORS on the part of the clowns at the so-called Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) who gave an "estimate" of $ 60 billion for Russia's military budget when in reality it's much higher

Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Nobody: 9:45am On May 11, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

You want to get insultive? I will give you one change to retract that insult after which you wouldn’t like my next reply.
Telling you, you are obviously unaware about a situation has now become an insult? Telling you you’re obviously bereft of certain unimportant knowledge such as ‘cancel culture’ offends you?

Are you omnipotent and all knowing like God?

Man. Get out of my mentions. It’s people like you that make intellectual sparring on the Nairaland tiring.
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by okuta007: 9:47am On May 11, 2022
Sadr:

And you think USA has freedom of speech? Russia and China are living among gangstar of thieves who cheat and fight dirty. Russia must do what's best for itself against paid agents. Wherever the West is allowed to fester, destruction, stagnation and corruption thrives. Nigeria is a good example.

how many times has anyone opposing Trump or Biden ended up poisoned by a nerve gas or locked up in prison without trial ? Have you heard the name Navalny ? if you haven’t, google is your friend and there are hundreds of Navalny’s since Vladimir Putin took over power in 1998.

“And you think America has freedom of speech?” - I don’t blame you, you certainly havnt lived in a free society before so you don’t know how it works - In America, no one will kill u or send you to prison if you call Biden a fool and say he is corrupt and he needs to step down… In Russia, if you say such about Putin, you will be declared a missing person (probably dead or locked up in a secret dungeon) less than 24 hours after that statement

That’s the difference!
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Horokrox: 9:47am On May 11, 2022
Amayabor1:

The way some of you are so useless and at the same ignorant is nauseating. The Russian defense budget is a public figure released yearly by the Russian government. The figures you see online are sourced from the Russian government. The Western media will quote a figure released by the Russian government or it's agency, you people will cry foul.

Zombies!
RETARDS like you believe everything you read undecided

Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Messijoseph56: 9:55am On May 11, 2022
jimetagambo:

This thread is about Russia.
You can create your own thread for racism in Yankee. Or you can visit the student travel section of Nairaland to warn intending foreign students about the racism that will kill them in Yankee. They are on part 16, page 901.
https://www.nairaland.com/6354180/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/900

Anyway, Fees are similar for both countries. Your claim about school fees being cheaper in Ukraine than Russia are lies from the pits of hell.

Pain u hahahahaha, are you this dull. Talking about education system and u using a particular course to generalise your argument hahahahaha. I said education is cheaper in Ukraine than Russia and u sending me screenshot of US and Russia fee studying medicine. Language barrier is also the major reason people don't study in Europe compare to US. Take a chill pill
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:56am On May 11, 2022
YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO RUSSIA YET.
THOSE ARE CASTLES OF FEAR,RUSSIANS ARE SADDIST GEENERALLY SINCE PUTIN ERA
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by emmyileri(m): 10:00am On May 11, 2022
For those clamoring for world War 3,those beauties will become a pile of sands in minutes

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Nkorian(m): 10:05am On May 11, 2022
Nice and beautiful structures
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by AlphaTaikun: 10:06am On May 11, 2022
Odewaleadesoye:

Pictures' Source: Russia's Instagram Page
Text's Source: Britannica

Awesome insights. wink
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Messijoseph56: 10:09am On May 11, 2022
PARADIZEPRIEST:
YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO RUSSIA YET.
THOSE ARE CASTLES OF FEAR,RUSSIANS ARE SADDIST GEENERALLY SINCE PUTIN ERA

Foreign man land is also a castle of fear because is not your home not only Russia. So you want to say you haven't hear about racism or injustice done to black man . Kneeling down before epl as a sign of no room for racism was because of the US killing a black man , ohh let's assume u don't know abi
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Nobody: 10:21am On May 11, 2022
Bobmarie:
Telling you, you are obviously unaware about a situation has now become an insult? Telling you you’re obviously bereft of certain unimportant knowledge such as ‘cancel culture’ offends you?

Are you omnipotent and all knowing like God?

Man. Get out of my mentions. It’s people like you that make intellectual sparring on the Nairaland tiring.

You came in my mentions first dummy grin

You could have just read my take and moved on or dropped your own opinion without getting personal and disparaging my knowledge.
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by TheOgaBoss: 10:22am On May 11, 2022
SARSCoV2:

America withdrew gallantly.

It did not lose over a thousand soldiers in 4 weeks like your Russia who is struggling to defeat a country it shares boarders with.

Displaying old soviet union artifacts and hungry unhealthy soldiers.

Have you seen a US soldier or US military hardware's? Hello! You will fall in-love with the military!

Not those scraps Russia is parading. And why Putin is always quick to scream "Nuclear Weapon" It knows that's all it got.

Hungry nation fighting war! grin grin grin

if you are talking of Afghanistan, america had allies, I was referring to the Vietnam war
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Nobody: 10:24am On May 11, 2022
Bobmarie:
I stopped reading at ‘empty skull’.

Carry on man.

Of course facts are hard to argue against.

Black people cancelled Dave Chappelle and Kevin Hart. America will crush Russia easily. Bahahaha.
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Cypherhendrix(m): 10:35am On May 11, 2022
obedience4:

Calm down both Ukraine and Russia are both formal Soviet Union States.
Nigerian neither speak Russian or Ukraine.
But you see Blacks students in Ukraine more instead of Russia..
Why freedom..
Freedom is key..
Funny you say America is a shit hoe or slum,
You high bro, the biggest economy is a shit hoe...lol..hahahahahh.
No body get deported for reporting racisms in the USA..
Before the war ukraine would give u visa after u pay $1500 (visa assurance fee) even with legit admission make we dey calm down dey cap, ukraine is an easy route and study are not allowed to work it a very awful place but after the war many nigeria took their side and portray ukraine like a saint
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Cypherhendrix(m): 10:48am On May 11, 2022
Morphinne:

People keep making this same mistake. As much as I won’t like to pitch a tent with any European country because none has our best interest at heart speaking from historical perspective (Slavery and exploitation), I will like to show you a few things so you can know who the real devils are. Black people will naturally love to live in a country where such things as languages, weather conditions as well as cultures are relatively and considerably familiar. A black man who comes from an English-speaking African Country will naturally prefer to live in the USA while a Francophone African will naturally opt to live in France or Canada before thinking of living in Luxembourg despite the former being considered the richest country in the world (Emphasis on RICHEST). I think it’s that simple and logical. Also I will never think of living in Kuwait where they predominantly speak Arabic language just for the singular reason of having currency stronger than the USD. It doesn’t work that way, okay? You all claim that Russia is a racist country, I dare you to list a few instances of abuses against persons of different racial backgrounds (blacks or Indians) recorded in Russia and let’s compare to the ‘saintly west’. Tell me the African countries colonized and exploited by these ‘Devilish’ Russians. Don’t let these thieves blind you from seeing the truth. Know who the real enemies are. They control the media, they let you see what they want you to see because they have an unfair advantage of language.
God bless you
Every country have their bad sides
But even my russian friend tell me to stop seeing them as racist that racism is the USA work, russians are racist blah blah how may BLM (black live matters) movement happen there cause of killings by cops or random racist
Usa have all those bad headline but make us believe other countries are worst than them � do you know how there law system make sure black rot in jail

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Nobody: 10:50am On May 11, 2022
SlyfoxxjReturns:

You came in my mentions first dummy grin

You could have just read my take and moved on or dropped your own opinion without getting personal and disparaging my knowledge.
Whatever man..

As you were.
Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Cypherhendrix(m): 10:50am On May 11, 2022
jimetagambo:
More African student killed in Russia

And they wonder why foreign students don't want to go to Russia.
All these fabricated news
Na una make me believe say when i enter russia i would be shot on site as a black man
Yes no where is perfect but for here blacks are more of a celebrity than a fugitive as u guys design it and police never lock me to the ground with his knees like your lovely america

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Russia (Facts And Pictures) by Cypherhendrix(m): 10:52am On May 11, 2022
hokafor:
misinformation bro, if you marry a Russian woman, u are sure of getting their citizenship within 5 years.
Even without that if u know the language perfectly and can pass the exam at B1 level you are on the verge of citizenship
Getting ur trc here is 3years of staying here
But like how we know nairaland turned a place where we misinform ourselves

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Donald Trump Struggles To Breathe Upon White House Return (video) / Ukrainian Sisters Arrested For Twerking On The Graves Of Fallen Soldiers / The Gruesome Murder Of The Roman Emperor - Julius Caesar (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.