Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (901) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639074 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Myfavour22: 10:37pm On May 10, 2022
Ebi1:
you add the f2 as dependent in the appointment. you go together for the interview or you can decide to go on different appointment dates by creating another appointment profile...
When you add dependent is there provision to add their ds 160 numbers as well? I can’t seem to find this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TetiolaB: 10:44pm On May 10, 2022
Hello everyone.
Pls I want to ask if it’s valid to deliver the statement of account (proof of funds) to the embassy before the visa interview? Is it going to be a problem?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vahn: 10:57pm On May 10, 2022
de3lar:

Those people dey work like spirit, I had all they needed yet I was given a blue slip, I just weak like this.
lmaoooo, its not by that ooo… most times luck just plays a huge role
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ChikaFay: 11:01pm On May 10, 2022
Aniomaman81:
I would advice you hold on a bit and apply as a transfer student with your transcripts, you definitely won't be able to get into the fall 2022 term unless the school is still accepting international student applications at this time; make the time lost count.

I actually I'm considering spring 2023, Would you advice I ask the schools if I can apply as a freshman, I'm really confused.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iamakbar(m): 11:28pm On May 10, 2022
@Moshkom, @UmmZayd, and co I have a peculiar question:

Can someone pay 2 visa fees and create 2 visa appointments (say one for Lagos and Abuja) with the same profile just to get a favorable date?

I know that question might be a bit confusing, so here's the backstory:

I have a visa appointment in Lagos in August which is just a day or two before my resumption date (I feel it is too close and I don't want to risk it, god forbid a denial). I interviewed last year in November at Abuja (using EA) and got denied. Hence, I am afraid my chances of getting another emergency appointment approved (especially for Lagos) might be very slim.

As early dates have been showing in Abuja, I thought to look towards Abuja for dates but I do not want to cancel the Lagos appointment I already have (because even though it is too close to resumption, it is still better than after-resumption dates). So I paid a new visa fee with the mindset of creating a fresh appointment for Abuja. However, I couldn't finish this registration because I keep getting the prompt that they have identified a very similar profile (my initial Lagos appointment) on their database and they want me to merge the profiles together.

My big dilemma now is, what do you advise I do given this current situation? If I merge the profiles, will I still be able to make appointments for both Abuja and Lagos?

Please help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessedpromise: 11:35pm On May 10, 2022
@Walspring I need you to help make my sevis fee payment. Please how can I reach you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:02am On May 11, 2022
iamakbar:

Can someone pay 2 visa fees and create 2 visa appointments (say one for Lagos and Abuja) with the same profile just to get a favorable date?

I have a visa appointment in Lagos in August which is just a day or two before my resumption date (I feel it is too close and I don't want to risk it, god forbid a denial). I interviewed last year in November at Abuja (using EA) and got denied. Hence, I am afraid my chances of getting another emergency appointment approved (especially for Lagos) might be very slim.

As early dates have been showing in Abuja, I thought to look towards Abuja for dates but I do not want to cancel the Lagos appointment I already have (because even though it is too close to resumption, it is still better than after-resumption dates). So I paid a new visa fee with the mindset of creating a fresh appointment for Abuja. However, I couldn't finish this registration because I keep getting the prompt that they have identified a very similar profile (my initial Lagos appointment) on their database and they want me to merge the profiles together.

My big dilemma now is, what do you advise I do given this current situation? If I merge the profiles, will I still be able to make appointments for both Abuja and Lagos?

Please help

Clear now, right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:07am On May 11, 2022
iamakbar:

Please help

Simple advise, get an extension letter from your school and go for your Lagos appointment. By the way, as they have "identified similar profile" if I'm you, I'll not make any sily moves.
P.S: just curious, you honestly thought they will not detect your profile with your passport number or other information??

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ukiwe101: 12:12am On May 11, 2022
Arizona042:

Please,kindly add my number, 08032871603 to the Abuja search date Group. Thanks

please add me to the page
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ukiwe101: 12:17am On May 11, 2022
Moju12:
Please anyone with Lagos WhatsApp group for appointment date search should kindly share with me. Thanks
kindly add me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:25am On May 11, 2022
Please post your transcript. It will do alot of good.
de3lar:

That same White lady rejected mine.

Our discussion was short and brief and boom, blue slip

That Black American was later nice and the white one was brutal, the White lady interviewed a lady for almost 30mins, still later gave her blue slip, the woman wanna cry.

Anyhow sha, we move.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ukiwe101: 12:28am On May 11, 2022
Tademmy:
Greetings, kindly add me on 07060563421

please kindly add me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ndums247(m): 12:31am On May 11, 2022
Good day everyone, please when filling your ds160 and asked to explain why you were denied, what's the best answer to fill in. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Myfavour22: 12:43am On May 11, 2022
TetiolaB:
Hello everyone.
Pls I want to ask if it’s valid to deliver the statement of account (proof of funds) to the embassy before the visa interview? Is it going to be a problem?

1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 2:32am On May 11, 2022
Ndums247:
Good day everyone, please when filling your ds160 and asked to explain why you were denied, what's the best answer to fill in. Thanks
'I was denied under section 214b'

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NewUSaspirant: 3:19am On May 11, 2022
Hello house, I am new here as my name states�

Anyways, I want to talk about late appointments.
Please does anyone here knows what an expedite letter contains because at this rate I am fed up.

The start date for my class is August 22nd and I got an appointment for November 17th, wheeewww! I am getting drained and frustrated right now.

What do I do about this
I am scared what if it gets rejected. Please someone should help me out here��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:28am On May 11, 2022
Shannon70:

See this is why Nigerians have trouble at the Visa Window. If you are playing games with your university then the Consular Officer will assume you are not being upfront with them. When I was in Abuja we read this forum and we had an official account and participated. I assume people still read here. If you have to wait a semester or a year then wait.

They system sucks and I want you all to succeed. Nigerians are fighting an uphill battle to travel to the US. Let's not make it harder.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dipdeal: 5:45am On May 11, 2022
I'm here Fall intake
aifeolu:
Please anyone gotten admission to Bowling Green State university? Let’s connect please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bankybobo11: 5:56am On May 11, 2022
Clarifyme
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osigiepurr(m): 6:55am On May 11, 2022
Please house, if there is any F2 whatsapp group, I want somebody to add me up ASAP. It's very urgent and important.. 08030403132

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:25am On May 11, 2022
Shannon70:

See this is why Nigerians have trouble at the Visa Window. If you are playing games with your university then the Consular Officer will assume you are not being upfront with them. When I was in Abuja we read this forum and we had an official account and participated. I assume people still read here. If you have to wait a semester or a year then wait.

They system sucks and I want you all to succeed. Nigerians are fighting an uphill battle to travel to the US. Let's not make it harder.

Yes. The benefits of doing things by the rules are endless but few want to hear the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 7:32am On May 11, 2022
Lool. Misinformation you said.

Do you even know the person you quoted? People are doing it doesn't mean it is right.

If you are yet to attend your interview, sha don't koba yourself before the D-day.

Ire o

Kene4435:

Please don’t share misinformation. You can use a different statement of account for i20 and for visa interview. Unless your school is one of those that writes your sponsor’s name on your i20. I used 2 different statements.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:48am On May 11, 2022
Kene4435:

Please don’t share misinformation. You can use a different statement of account for i20 and for visa interview. Unless your school is one of those that writes your sponsor’s name on your i20. I used 2 different statements.
I'm sure you didn't check well before quoting that person.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:59am On May 11, 2022
NewUSaspirant:
Hello house, I am new here as my name states�

Anyways, I want to talk about late appointments.
Please does anyone here knows what an expedite letter contains because at this rate I am fed up.

The start date for my class is August 22nd and I got an appointment for November 17th, wheeewww! I am getting drained and frustrated right now.

What do I do about this
I am scared what if it gets rejected. Please someone should help me out here��
There's really nothing much you can do about it. Wait till its 60days to your program start date before using the Emergency option. In the meantime, keep checking for earlier dates via the **reschedule tab, you'd be lucky to get a closer date.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by demiladewills: 8:07am On May 11, 2022
okay thank you.. Please can i get link to the group chat for Abuja visa dates
Cmuodiaju:

No it won’t

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 8:51am On May 11, 2022
Good morning,
Please kindly add me to this group. Thanks
Samongo92@gmail.com.
Gdine:
Good morning ya all. If you will like to have your interview at Abuja Embassy this fall 2022, and you are in search of date, do well by reaching out to me so you will be added to the Abuja search for date Group, Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Patricel: 10:07am On May 11, 2022
Please I want to ask about the appropriate date to put on the ds160 when asked about the intending date of travel... note my program start is 12th of August while earliest date of admission is 13th of July... which of the two dates to consider for the intending date of travel for the ds160.
UmmZayd:

They can schedule together. The F1 should follow the questions asked during the process of scheduling an appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheCvBank: 10:18am On May 11, 2022
OlaDchaser:
Hello everyone,

I need your help,
I have my I-20 and have paid for Sevis fee, I am to resume summer 2022 and I booked for visa but was given December 2022, so I opted for emergency Appointment Now I have not heard from them. I am to resume this summer 2022 and have barely 2 months left,
NB. EA was scheduled for lagos. I would need help

Hello bro,

Have you gotten a response from Lagos consulate yet?

I am in similar shoes as yours. My class starts July 5th and GA training the next week but I haven't done an EA yet. Was hoping to go with Lagos since I stay here. But considering Abuja due to the poor handling of EA booking of applicants here.

Anyone else can respond to this. Which consulate will be preferable for an EA for an applicant resuming by July 5th. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:49am On May 11, 2022
Patricel:
Please I want to ask about the appropriate date to put on the ds160 when asked about the intending date of travel... note my program start is 12th of August while earliest date of admission is 13th of July... which of the two dates to consider for the intending date of travel for the ds160.
Earliest resumption date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:51am On May 11, 2022
TheCvBank:

Hello bro,

Have you gotten a response from Lagos consulate yet?

I am in similar shoes as yours. My class starts July 5th and GA training the next week but I haven't done an EA yet. Was hoping to go with Lagos since I stay here. But considering Abuja due to the poor handling of EA booking of applicants here.

Anyone else can respond to this. Which consulate will be preferable for an EA for an applicant resuming by July 5th. Thanks

In my opinion, anyone you can easily navigate on the day of interview without extra cost or stress
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Patricel: 11:17am On May 11, 2022
Thank you... obviously, I have to put 16th of July there.
UmmZayd:

Earliest resumption date

(1) (2) (3) ... (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.