Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:16 AM

"In The Beginning..." - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "In The Beginning..." (1605 Views)

In The Beginning There Was An End. / The Beginning Of The End Of "Daddy Freeze". / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 3:03pm On May 10, 2022
tctrills:

Psalm 82:6
I have said, "You are gods; you are all children of The Highest.
I quoted from the old testament to show that even before the coming of Christ, men were Sons of God, and men were called Gods.
And don't claim to fight for the truth if you are ready to use falsehood against other organizations.

John 10:34-36 NLT
[34]Jesus replied, “It is written in your own Scriptures that God said to certain leaders of the people, ‘I say, you are gods!’
[35]And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’
[36]why do you call it blasphemy when I say, ‘I am the Son of God’? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world.

Lol shebi I de use falsehood abi cool

Your among those people called gods right?

Where in the chapter 82 of Psalm indicates that God called every human gods?

Psalms 82:6-7
[6]I say, ‘You are gods;
    you are all children of the Most High.
[7]But you will die like mere mortals
    and fall like every other ruler.’”

The people God was calling gods are probably the rulers in Israel.

I know you would bring that verse. I don already pass am. E no hard like that na.

Will you like to study with the JWs cheesy
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 3:06pm On May 10, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

see mumu.... who told you that your yeye god created the universe?! so because some charlatans wrote about this, it is true?!?!? who was there to confirm it and record it?! what you wrote is a stupid as me saying:" its HARRY POTTER who created the universe because J K Rawlings said so!!!" you want me to present a reasonable theory while you bring ARRANT GIBBERISH NONSENSE as a theory.
here is a better theory for you...I AM GOD AND I AM TELLING YOU THAT YOU ARE WRITING RUBBISH ABOUT ME!!!!

So as a God what will be your end?
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 3:07pm On May 10, 2022
Emusan:

Then you're not a good reader because it's in your fraudulent NWT that there will be New heavens and new Earth. 2 Peter 3
Well I know the next thing is to say it's symbolic cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

If you were a good reader and with a good brain, you would have comprehended what my post was about cheesy cheesy
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
tctrills:

I hope you have read my answer to your question in my last post.
Now my question for you. Would all the Children of Isreal who obeyed and followed the old testament prophets be saved?
I want your honest reply and if you don't know you can say so.

You really need a home study with the JWs.

The old covenant and it laws was for only Israel and those that abide by it will be/are saved.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:15pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:
So as a God what will be your end?

my end is to show you that LIFE is the most precious gift i gave you...so stop throwing it away by following some yeye charlatans in robe (every sunday) pretending to be the solution to your miserable life, and instead LIVE YOUR LIFE FULLY!!!
i made you UNIQUE, stop wasting your UNIQUENESS with yeye dreams and fables in the sky that ignoramus false prophets feed you everyday, and instead count your blessings! you are your own god so act like it!
Re: "In The Beginning..." by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:19pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:

The old covenant and it laws was for only Israel and those that abide by it will be/are saved.
All those that lived by the old covenant are not saved permanently, their everlasting life still depends on what they turn out to become at the end of Christ's 1,000 years reign. Revelations 20:1-3
Only the BORN AGAIN brothers of Christ are saved permanently as they will be taken away to heaven where Satan and the result of his release from the Abyss can't affect them! Revelations 20:4-6
That's why Jesus could say all those that lived before John the baptist are not as great as those who will partake in the first resurrection because death is still close to them! Matthew 11:11 smiley
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 3:21pm On May 10, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

All those that lived by the old covenant are not saved permanently, their everlasting life still depends on what they turn out to become at the end of Christ's 1,000 years reign. Revelations 20:1-3
Only the BORN AGAIN brothers of Christ are saved permanently as they will be taken away to heaven where Satan and the result of his release from the Abyss can't affect them! Revelations 20:4-6
That's why Jesus could say all those that lived before John the baptist are not as great as those who will partake in the first resurrection because death is still close to them! Matthew 11:11 smiley
What about those of us that are not born again?
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 3:24pm On May 10, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

my end is to show you that LIFE is the most precious gift i gave you...so stop throwing it away by following some yeye charlatans in robe (every sunday) pretending to be the solution to your miserable life, and instead LIVE YOUR LIFE FULLY!!!
i made you UNIQUE, stop wasting your UNIQUENESS with yeye dreams and fables in the sky that ignoramus false prophets feed you everyday, and instead count your blessings! you are your own god so act like it!
So who gave you your life if you gave me mine and what happens to you when you die?
So all the enjoyment would just be all for nothing?
You don't want to live eternally?
Re: "In The Beginning..." by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:30pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:

So who gave you your life if you gave me mine and what happens to you when you die?
So all the enjoyment would just be all for nothing?
You don't want to live eternally?

i am eternal, i am everywhere... in your dreams, in your mind, in your food, in your essence, in your everyday life. i am there when you are down or when you are up,,, i am there in your struggles and your victories. i was created out of the collision of two worlds and since then have been giving people like you the gift of life, through evolution...so i created nature 1st, then the animal kingdom and from that point on i put intelligence in the mix to create man. your life is unique, so enjoy the air your breathe and VALUE IT....enjoy the food you eat and VALUE IT,... enjoy the person you date/marry so VALUE IT....enjoy life itself cause there aint no second chance. ENJOY EVERYTHING I PUT IN YOUR PATH!

why would any mortal want to live eternally? why would you be so disrespectful to wanna compare yourself to me?! are you god that you want to live eternally?!?!?! if you could live eternally then you wouldnt cherish the life i gave you (since you cant lose it). so thats why every human have to die, but before you do, make it count. cherish what you got before its too late!!!
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 3:44pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:

John 10:34-36 NLT
[34]Jesus replied, “It is written in your own Scriptures that God said to certain leaders of the people, ‘I say, you are gods!’
[35]And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’
[36]why do you call it blasphemy when I say, ‘I am the Son of God’? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world.

Lol shebi I de use falsehood abi cool

Your among those people called gods right?

Where in the chapter 82 of Psalm indicates that God called every human gods?

[6]I say, ‘You are gods;

The people God was calling gods are probably the rulers in Israel.

I know you would bring that verse. I don already pass am. E no hard like that na.

Will you like to study with the JWs cheesy
I don't understand your point. You don't know who the bible called Gods? Why do you think the verse was talking about the rulers of Isreal? So you agree that the rulers of Isreal are Gods and Children of God? Please explain why you think only the rulers of Isreal are Gods and Children of the most high.
Please explain how you came about the conclusion that only rulers of Isreal are gods.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 3:48pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:

So you believe that they would be saved by the old covenant then why did Christ have to suffer and die if the blood of sheep was enough to save? Again, that would also mean that the children of Israel do not need Christ as long as they keep the old covenants? If Isreal could be saved without Christ why not the rest of the world?
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 3:51pm On May 10, 2022
tctrills:

So you believe that they would be saved by the old covenant then why did Christ have to suffer and die if the blood of sheep was enough to save? Again, that would also mean that the children of Israel do not need Christ as long as they keep the old covenants? If Isreal could be saved without Christ why not the rest of the world?
Okay
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 3:52pm On May 10, 2022
tctrills:

I don't understand your point. You don't know who the bible called Gods? Why do you think the verse was talking about the rulers of Isreal? So you agree that the rulers of Isreal are Gods and Children of God? Please explain why you think only the rulers of Isreal are Gods and Children of the most high.
Please explain how you came about the conclusion that only rulers of Isreal are gods.
undecided undecided
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 3:54pm On May 10, 2022
tctrills:

Did God called call everyone god or some certain people?

I'm done with you jàre.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 3:58pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:

I'm done with you jàre.
Please don't run away, You are now teaching that the rulers of Isreal are Gods and Children of the most high but the followers are not?
You have a really funny doctrine. This is the first time I am hearing this. So are the leaders of Isreal today are also Gods? How about the Prime minister of Isreal?
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 4:02pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:

I'm done with you jàre.
If the Leaders of Isreal are the only ones qualified to be Gods and children of God, then all it takes to be a God is to win an election in Isreal. I am not sure God intended only leaders to be his children while the followers are children of men.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 4:08pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:

I'm done with you jàre.
The Pharisees and Sadducees, are they also Gods and Children of God? The evil Caiaphas, the high priest during Jesus' time is also a Son of God?
What funny doctrine are you teaching? Oga please do more research abeg. Its not adding up.

1 Like

Re: "In The Beginning..." by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:13pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:

What about those of us that are not born again?
Jesus Christ and his BORN AGAIN brothers are working tirelessly now to prepare our minds ready so that we're not novice to all these things. Luke 21:36
During Christ's 1,000 years reign we will be trained to become perfect humans then Christ's sacrifice won't cover anyone again each person will stand based on what he turned out to be after the millennium reign of Christ, that's why the Bible says all those who never partake in the first resurrection which is of the Born Again will be judged according to their actions by then, some names will be written in the book of life permanently while those whose names are missing will be destroyed! Revelations 20:11-15
Satan knew that it's only one organization that can pass this life saving information, himself and his demons are constantly paying rapt attention to whatever the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses say {1Peter 1:12} that's why all their worshipers are complaining about what JW organization say, just think for a moment and ask:
Why is it that all these people from different religions are paying attention to whatever one religion say?
Well it's the demons they're worshiping that are directing them to listen always to whatever JWs say about the future as if they have nothing to say about it! 1Peter 1:12 smiley

1 Like

Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 4:21pm On May 10, 2022
[quote author=cornelboy post=112700733]

I'm done with you jàre.

You want to run when the discussion is just getting interesting. This is what happens when you take a position that can't be defended.
So according to you, below are a list of Gods.
David Ben-Gurion
Moshe Sharett
Levi Eshkol
Golda Meir
Yitzhak Rabin
Menachem Begin
Shimon Peres
Yitzḥak Shamir
Benjamin Netanyahu
Ehud Barak
Ariel Sharon
Ehud Olmert
Naftali Bennett
This is the list of Prime ministers (leaders) of Isreal.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:

I'm done with you jàre.

Actually the gods the psalmist was referring to aren't all humans but those following the part of Adam and Eve.
Remember they chose to become gods in opposition to the true God, which means they will be the ones setting standards for other humans instead of relying on what the true God says! Genesis 3:4-5

Now let's read that passage again but this time study it diligently and meditate thoroughly!

“I have said, ‘You are gods, All of you are sons of the Most High. But you will die just as men do; And like any other prince you will fall! Psalms 82:6-7

Do you notice that God's word say these gods will die like men do?
Do you also notice that God likened them to princes as in rulers?

Well they're not just any kind of humans but politicians who are struggling to gain power so they can become movers and shakers within the human society! Read Genesis 3:4-5 compare to Daniel 2:44 smiley
Re: "In The Beginning..." by Emusan(m): 4:48pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:
If you were a good reader and with a good brain, you would have comprehended what my post was about cheesy cheesy

Of course, your post is to call God a liar by saying "in the beginning, God created heavens and earth"....then added your mumbo jumbo "God will later destroyed all these because Satan corrupted His plan" (this is paraphrase)

Yet from the scripture we know that God actually says both heavens and the earth will be destroyed and He promised a New heavens and earth. 2 Peter 3

So if you actually read your fraudulent NWT you'd have seen it there before you created such irrelevant thread.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 10:48pm On May 10, 2022
Emusan:

Of course, your post is to call God a liar by saying "in the beginning, God created heavens and earth"....then added your mumbo jumbo "God will later destroyed all these because Satan corrupted His plan" (this is paraphrase)
Yet from the scripture we know that God actually says both heavens and the earth will be destroyed and He promised a New heavens and earth. 2 Peter 3
So if you actually read your fraudulent NWT you'd have seen it there before you created such irrelevant thread.

What are you a relevant person doing on a irrelevant thread? Tell me.

Where did God say he will literally destroy the world and create a new one?
Shebi you said na heaven you dé go, what's the new earth for? cheesy
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 10:54pm On May 10, 2022
[quote author=tctrills post=112701456][/quote]
"So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’"
Jesus was referring to the past not prime ministers of Israel.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by Emusan(m): 10:57pm On May 10, 2022
cornelboy:
What are you a relevant person doing on a irrelevant thread? Tell me.

To expose your ignorance!

Where did God say he will literally destroy the world and create a new one?

2 Peter 3 boldly written there but I know you intentionally inserted that @color for further delusion and excuse. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Very soon JWs will produce another Bible where literal, personification, symbolic e.t.c will be written verse by verse cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Shebi you said na heaven you dé go, what's the new earth for? cheesy

You don't get but let give you a clue!

Believers are going to heaven temporarily for the tribulation and destruction of heavens and earth to be completed because no one can survive all these while on earth but after that, when God created New heavens and earth, we're coming back to the New earth. That's what scripture says and what true followers of Christ belief
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 11:04pm On May 10, 2022
tctrills:

The Pharisees and Sadducees, are they also Gods and Children of God? The evil Caiaphas, the high priest during Jesus' time is also a Son of God?
What funny doctrine are you teaching? Oga please do more research abeg. Its not adding up.

[6]I say, ‘You are gods;

I don't what theory your bringing up. But God was obviously referring to some certain people and even pronounced judgement on them.

No where in the above verses or even the whole chapters says everyone is a god.

Even verse 7 says those people classed as gods would die like mere mortals. This implies there are mere mortals that are not gods.
It also implies that not everyone is god.

You can use the book of Mormon to support your unscriptural doctrine but not the holy Bible.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 11:09pm On May 10, 2022
tctrills:
Please don't run away, You are now teaching that the rulers of Isreal are Gods and Children of the most high but the followers are not?
You have a really funny doctrine. This is the first time I am hearing this. So are the leaders of Isreal today are also Gods? How about the Prime minister of Isreal?

Running away is the best option here.
I don't why it's hard for you to show us where God said everyone is god.
Even Jesus clarified it.

Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 11:13pm On May 10, 2022
Emusan:

To expose your ignorance!
2 Peter 3 boldly written there but I know you intentionally inserted that @color for further delusion and excuse. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Very soon JWs will produce another Bible where literal, personification, symbolic e.t.c will be written verse by verse cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
You don't get but let give you a clue!
Believers are going to heaven temporarily for the tribulation and destruction of heavens and earth to be completed because no one can survive all these while on earth but after that, when God created New heavens and earth, we're coming back to the New earth. That's what scripture says and what true followers of Christ belief

Lol and you also believe that spirit of believers that had died and are dying now are going to heaven already cheesy

So what will Jesus come to do in his second coming?

Who are the 144000?

1 Like

Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 9:20am On May 11, 2022
cornelboy:

[6]I say, ‘You are gods;

I don't what theory your bringing up. But God was obviously referring to some certain people and even pronounced judgement on them.

No where in the above verses or even the whole chapters says everyone is a god.

This verse clearly states that we are Gods, It was not referring to the leaders of Isreal. The leaders of Isreal are not the only ones that are Gods. The scripture is for us all not for the leaders of Isreal. The verse was not specified to a particular people it applies to everyone. That you believe its about the leaders of Isreal makes no sense here.
In all scripture, when God is speaking to a specific people he always mentions who he is speaking to so you don't have to guess. God did not create some men to be Gods and others not to be Gods ok

Even verse 7 says those people classed as gods would die like mere mortals. This implies there are mere mortals that are not gods.

So the comes down to understanding and application of English. In simple English you are God actually means what it says but it goes ahead to say even though you are Gods, you would die like mere mortals. Anyone that understands a little English would tell you that that statement clearly shows that whoever the verse was talking about is a God. Again it never said the people are classed as Gods but they are Gods. 2 very different things.

You can use the book of Mormon to support your unscriptural doctrine but not the Holy Bible.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 9:21am On May 11, 2022
cornelboy:

Running away is the best option here.
I don't why it's hard for you to show us where God said everyone is god.
Even Jesus clarified it.

Jesus reinforced it.
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
The verse was for whom the word of God came. Are we not whom the word of God came? Do you believe the word of God is only for the leaders of Isreal? Did God ever say this was for the leaders of Isreal? rather, it was for whom the word of God came.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 9:23am On May 11, 2022
cornelboy:

"So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’"
Jesus was referring to the past not prime ministers of Israel.
Now you are confused. Which year did the prime ministers of Isreal stop being Gods? Where did it mention that Jesus was speaking to the leaders of Isreal? He was speaking to us all.
You assume
1. Jesus was speaking to the leaders of Isreal
2. That this applies to formal leaders of Isreal. What year did it stop applying to the leaders?
3. Even though the bibble says Ye are Gods but would die like mortals, You assume that it meant 'you are mortals classed like Gods.
You assume so many things. the scriptures were written to all humans not only the leaders of Isreal. Eery verse applies to us unless stated otherwise.
When Jesus said 'Love one another,' he was not talking to the leaders of Isreal ok.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 9:26am On May 11, 2022
[

[35]And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. [b]So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’[/b]

Are you and I not among those who received God's message?
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 9:32am On May 11, 2022
[6]I say, ‘You are gods;

He was obviously referring to all men. We are Gods but we die like mere mortals. Please can you name the imaginary people you think God was speaking to? Stop assuming. The word of God is for us all not for certain men. If God was speaking to certain people, he would have indicated it. It wouldn't be up to you to decide.

Please this is simple English. We are Gods but we would die like mere mortals does not indicate that we are not Gods. Rather it indicates that despite the fact that we are Gods, we would still die like mortals. You could ask anyone who has a better understanding of English for clarity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It Will Soon Happen / Church Removes Cross, Changes Name To C3Exchange / Paganism Is Not A Religion. It Is A Way Of Life. .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.