Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:17 AM

"In The Beginning..." - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "In The Beginning..." (1599 Views)

In The Beginning There Was An End. / The Beginning Of The End Of "Daddy Freeze". / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 9:35am On May 11, 2022
"So if those people who received God’s message were called ‘gods,’"
Jesus was referring to the past not prime ministers of Israel. You are not Jesus' spokesperson. Where did he state that he was referring to the past not prime ministers of Israel? Where did he even state that he was referring to the leaders of Isreal? I keep teaching you, don't add or subtract to the bible.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 2:41pm On May 11, 2022
tctrills:
Jesus reinforced it.
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
The verse was for whom the word of God came. Are we not whom the word of God came? Do you believe the word of God is only for the leaders of Isreal? Did God ever say this was for the leaders of Isreal? rather, it was for whom the word of God came.

Jesus was quoted Psalm 82. It seems you really have difficulty in understanding the scriptures.

You need to try and compare versions together so that you can grasp better.

I know Mormons only use the 1611 KJV though. It won't help you understand. Use other versions. Compare them.

Your not a leader, a ruler nor did you receive message from God, so it's not possible for you to be part of people God called gods.

In fact God was referring to some particular people of the past.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 9:06pm On May 11, 2022
cornelboy:

Jesus was quoted Psalm 82. It seems you really have difficulty in understanding the scriptures.

You need to try and compare versions together so that you can grasp better.

I know Mormons only use the 1611 KJV though. It won't help you understand. Use other versions. Compare them.

Your not a leader, a ruler nor did you receive message from God, so it's not possible for you to be part of people God called gods.

In fact God was referring to some particular people of the past.
You are yet to show that 5he verse was written to q particular people. You seem more interested in insults than in proving your point. Now you are engaging in a war against Mormons and the obviously don't have your time. I trust them to ignore you.
Even you know that saying only Jewish leaders are Gods makes no sense so why are you still pushing falsehood.
The bible declared ye are Gods but you believe God meant to say ye are not Gods?
I know in you are very intelligent and you know the meaning of ye are Gods. I actually mean ye are Gods and not the opposite.
God did not say ye are like Gods or ye are close to Gods or yet look like Gods. He said ye are Gods and Children of the living God.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 10:34pm On May 11, 2022
tctrills:

You are yet to show that 5he verse was written to q particular people. You seem more interested in insults than in proving your point. Now you are engaging in a war against Mormons and the obviously don't have your time. I trust them to ignore you.
Even you know that saying only Jewish leaders are Gods makes no sense so why are you still pushing falsehood.
The bible declared ye are Gods but you believe God meant to say ye are not Gods?
I know in you are very intelligent and you know the meaning of ye are Gods. I actually mean ye are Gods and not the opposite.
God did not say ye are like Gods or ye are close to Gods or yet look like Gods. He said ye are Gods and Children of the living God.

If you didn't see it, I'll show you again.
And I would like you to show me where I insulted you.
No one is fighting war here. Stop exaggerating na. It's just a discussion and your the Mormon I'm discussing with.

Psalms 82:6-7
[6]I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
[7]But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

John 10:34-35
[34]Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35]If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Was God talking to a particular people here? Yes or no?
If no, where in the verses indicate that?

(Hint: He was comparing them to men. Like they will die like men. Who are the men and who are the gods?)
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 11:40pm On May 11, 2022
A few things here.

If you didn't see it, I'll show you again.
And I would like you to show me where I insulted you.
No one is fighting war here. Stop exaggerating na. It's just a discussion and your the Mormon I'm discussing with.

We, humans, are just the same. I remember a few weeks ago when a certain guy came out to openly criticize your church, many of us came out to fight it because it was the decent thing to do. Many of us have refused to call out any organization or start a religious war. No single Mormon has ever come out here in defense of their Organization and we respect them for their silence but you keep trying to bring Mormons into this discussion. While you have the freedom to condemn any religion, it's often unwise to do so. It's interesting that you think I am a Mormon and I am grateful I had the good sense not to tell you where I worship. You have obviously played your hand. Your only intention was mischief and to start 'a my church vs yours contest.'
I have worshiped in a mosque with Muslims. I have been to the grail temple, and I have worshiped for years with the JW. I have had all kinds of religious experiences because I love adventure but at all times, I have remained respectful to each and everyone of these organizations.

[6]I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
[7]But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

John 10:34-35
[34]Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35]If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Was God talking to a particular people here? Yes or no? No. No group was indicated.
If no, where in the verses indicate that? The verse was teaching that despite the fact that we are Gods, we shall still face death like men do.

(Hint: He was comparing them to men. Like they will die like men. Who are the men and who are the gods?) Good question. Let the life of Christ answer it. He was both God and man. He died as all men would but he is God isn't he.

That you believe the leaders of Israel were Gods and their follower's men make no biblical sense.

Now, you forget the second part of that verse, 'Ye are sons of God.'
Were only the leaders accepted to be sons of God too?
That you feel God only accepts leaders to be Gods and to be his Sons really shows you have a poor opinion of God. If all it takes for God to make one a God is being called to a position of leadership or simply winning an election. even to my 10-year-old kid, it makes no sense.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by Emusan(m): 7:21pm On May 13, 2022
cornelboy:
Lol and you also believe that spirit of believers that had died and are dying now are going to heaven already cheesy

Scripturally speaking! grin cheesy grin cheesy

So what will Jesus come to do in his second coming?

He is coming for the resurrection of the saints and the ones alive before the great day

Who are the 144000?

Servants from Israelites!
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 12:41am On May 14, 2022
Emusan:

Scripturally speaking! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Okay

He is coming for the resurrection of the saints and the ones alive before the great day
Resurrection of which Saint again when their spirit is already resurrected to heaven?

Like would Jesus come to earth to resurrect people he just left in heaven cheesy cheesy

Servants from Israelites!
Lol.

Revelation 5:9-10
[9]And they sang a new song with these words:
“You are worthy to take the scroll
    and break its seals and open it.
For you were slaughtered, and your blood has ransomed people for God
    from every tribe and language and people and nation.
[10]And you have caused them to become
    a Kingdom of priests for our God.

And they will reign on the earth.”

Revelation 14:3-4
...No one could learn this song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.
[4]They have kept themselves as pure as virgins, following the Lamb wherever he goes. They have been purchased from among the people on the earth as a special offering to God and to the Lamb.

Where were the 144000 ransomed from cheesy and to where?

Why are they special offering to God cheesy

Were they only from Israel cheesy

Why would they reign and when cheesy cheesy

Ona go just fly from no where to criticize people wey understand the Bible.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by Emusan(m): 9:09am On May 14, 2022
cornelboy:
Okay

Yeah!

Resurrection of which Saint again when their spirit is already resurrected to heaven?

Olodo...who says their spirit has already resurrected to heaven?

Do you even know the meaning of resurrection?

Like would Jesus come to earth to resurrect people he just left in heaven cheesy cheesy

You're very shallow in thinking!

Revelation 5:9-10
[9]And they sang a new song with these words:
“You are worthy to take the scroll
    and break its seals and open it.
For you were slaughtered, and your blood has ransomed people for God
    from every tribe and language and people and nation.
[10]And you have caused them to become
    a Kingdom of priests for our God.

And they will reign on the earth.”

Revelation 14:3-4
...No one could learn this song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.
[4]They have kept themselves as pure as virgins, following the Lamb wherever he goes. They have been purchased from among the people on the earth as a special offering to God and to the Lamb.

Okay

Where were the 144000 ransomed from cheesy and to where?

It stated in where you quoted, why the question again? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

Why are they special offering to God cheesy

because God made it so

Were they only from Israel cheesy

Yes! That's why their tribes were boldly written in the scripture.

I know that part will be figurative, non-literal soon cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

Why would they reign and when cheesy cheesy

Ask God that! cheesy grin cheesy grin

Ona go just fly from no where to criticize people wey understand the Bible.

Lol....only play the victim card as usual cheesy grin grin grin grin

Anyway, you're not the first self acclaimed Bible instructor here cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 9:17am On May 14, 2022
Emusan:

Yeah!
Olodo...who says their spirit has already resurrected to heaven?
Do you even know the meaning of resurrection?
You're very shallow in thinking!
Okay
It stated in where you quoted, why the question again? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
because God made it so
Yes! That's why their tribes were boldly written in the scripture.
I know that part will be figurative, non-literal soon cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Ask God that! cheesy grin cheesy grin
Lol....only play the victim card as usual cheesy grin grin grin grin
Anyway, you're not the first self acclaimed Bible instructor here cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Okay

1 Like

Re: "In The Beginning..." by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:32am On May 14, 2022
You and this your friends!
They're coming for you because you told them you're not yet baptized so they feel they can still convince you to turn away from JWs most especially the Tctrills guy! cheesy
cornelboy:

Okay
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 3:11pm On May 14, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
You and this your friends!
They're coming for you because you told them you're not yet baptized so they feel they can still convince you to turn away from JWs most especially the Tctrills guy! cheesy
You saw his response?
He has nothing to offer. You can't even have a meaningful discussion with him.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:37pm On May 14, 2022
cornelboy:

You saw his response?

I have told him the indisputable truth, once a person gets the sense behind what the jw.org is doing the person can't have a rest of mind anywhere he/she goes, he/she will continue looking for JWs to chat with.
For your information my brother that's the droplet of water the rich man was begging Abraham to ask Lazarus and give him {Luke 16:24} but the great chasm in between us is the difference in heart conditions we are ready to learn from those who knows better than us but they are arrogantly feeling repulsive towards the truth. Luke 16:25-26
So when we are happily taking in the truth that gives us peace of mind they are arguing against the truth! Luke 16:27-30 smiley

1 Like

Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 10:04pm On May 14, 2022
cornelboy:

You saw his response?
I have nothing to offer you. And yes we do not agree. But unlike you, I am not fighting a religious war. The only reason we do not agree is that you choose to go against the bible.
Please tell your jw friend that I have never tried to dissuade you or convince you to join any church. So he can calm down. I am very different from the both of you. I never engage in insults and I do not go about fighting religious wars. My views are wild spread as I don't preach the ideas of any sect.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:31pm On May 14, 2022
No wahala!
We are CHRISTIANS, that's a group name the inhabitants of Antioch gave Jesus' followers. Act 11:26
No human is fit for God's glory {Romans 3:23} due to imperfection but with a GROUP under the control of God's Holy Spirit God will approve us because we will continue washing our robes in the blood of the lamb {Revelations 7:14} who sent God's Holy Spirit to gather people from all the earth under one umbrella! Luke 11:23
So anyone is free to worship anywhere he/she likes but if it's not in our gathering such a person is not worshiping our own God. Period! smiley
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 10:41pm On May 14, 2022
cornelboy:

You saw his response?
You and your bestie have become notorious for rudeness, insults, and religious wars. I don't know your intentions online but clearly, they are not good.
You begin to hate me because I would always correct and have an answer for all your wrong notions.
I would continue to be here for you as much as I can.
I hope you would learn and improve. My intentions are never to preach or convert so tell your boss to have no fears.

1 Like

Re: "In The Beginning..." by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:35am On May 15, 2022
tctrills:

You and your bestie have become notorious for rudeness, insults, and religious wars. I don't know your intentions online but clearly, they are not good.
You begin to hate me because I would always correct and have an answer for all your wrong notions.
I hope you would learn and improve. My intentions are never to preach or convert so tell your boss to have no fears.
You can never ever find interesting comments with any religionist except with members of JWs, that's what i told you the last time whatever you think about us doesn't change the fact that you're comfortable chatting with intelligent people and you've found none on this forum except Jehovah's Witnesses!
So if you're not here to CONVERT people to a meaningful religious group then JWs are no go area for you. Because that's the reason why we are sent out not just to chat with you and make you feel you're worshiping the same God as we do when you're not ready to obey the same rules as we do! Matthew 7:21-23 wink
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 8:08am On May 15, 2022
tctrills:

You have wild imaginations lol.

How did I hate you and how did you correct my wrong notions. I laugh in nairaland cheesy

Your recent discussion with me where you said God was referring to everyone as God at Psalm 82:9, is that what you call correction?

Obviously you were the one that gave the wrong notions and I was correcting you.

I hope you would learn and improve. My intentions are never to preach or convert so tell your boss to have no fears
If you thought you've been here for me, sorry you've been wasting your time.

Your other wrong notions;

God is a state not a person

Jesus is Jehovah himself

The blood of Christ was already working for old covenant people...

I'll be here for you.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 8:15am On May 15, 2022
tctrills:

I have nothing to offer you. And yes we do not agree. But unlike you, I am not fighting a religious war. The only reason we do not agree is that you choose to go against the bible.
Please tell your jw friend that I have never tried to dissuade you or convince you to join any church. So he can calm down. I am very different from the both of you. I never engage in insults and I do not go about fighting religious wars. My views are wild spread as I don't preach the ideas of any sect.
Lol. Your a Mormon obviously. If your not, your definitely reading about their doctrines to counter us.

I wasn't actually referring to you at first. I was referring to Emusan. You didn't follow the thread well.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:26am On May 15, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol. Your a Mormon obviously. If your not, your definitely reading about their doctrines to counter us. I wasn't actually referring to you at first. I was referring to Emusan. You didn't follow the thread well.

All what he's trying to say is:

"i love the way you people are dedicated and knowledgeable but please stop saying it's only your group that's worshiping the true God"

He's been searching for a single JW that will agree with him that all other JWs are wrong for saying we're the only group practicing pure worship. So because he couldn't find any as i've told him from the start he's feeling really bad about the whole thing. That's why hes saying "you're wicked" smiley

1 Like

Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 11:40am On May 15, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol. Your a Mormon obviously. If your not, your definitely reading about their doctrines to counter us.

I wasn't actually referring to you at first. I was referring to Emusan. You didn't follow the thread well.
I followed. Your brother quoted me and you replied.
There are thousands of Christians making their argument on this platform daily. But a few of you have become Marchants of hate. All Christians disagree but you guys are ready to fight and go dirty.
I have learnt in life that the person selling falsehood is always prepared to take the argument to a fight.
Be an example of a believer in conversation.
If awards are given for the top10 most insultive people on this religious platform easily, 3 of you would win awards.
You fail to realize that most people here sincerely want to serve God. But if they don't agree with you, insults would follow.

2 Likes

Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 11:41am On May 15, 2022
cornelboy:

You have wild imaginations lol.

How did I hate you and how did you correct my wrong notions. I laugh in nairaland cheesy

Your recent discussion with me where you said God was referring to everyone as God at Psalm 82:9, is that what you call correction?

Obviously you were the one that gave the wrong notions and I was correcting you.

If you thought you've been here for me, sorry you've been wasting your time.

Your other wrong notions;

God is a state not a person

Jesus is Jehovah himself

The blood of Christ was already working for old covenant people...

I'll be here for you.

I understand these are your beliefs but they are all wrong. Just to show you how wrong you are, Let me pretend that Psalms 82.6 was referring only to Israeli leadership, Are you prepared to answer questions in that regard?
1. When did Israeli leadership stop being Gods?
2. If the Israeli leadership are sons of God does that mean Jesus was not the first Son of God sent to man?
3. Were these men Gods and Sons of God before being called to leadership or does one become a son of God by virtue of a leadership Position?
To make it very easy for you, let me quote the verse from the JW bible
“I have said, ‘You are gods,
All of you are sons of the Most High.
4. Only one of these is correct. Choose the correct one according to Psalms.
A. we all are Gods
B. God created some to be Gods and others not to be Gods.
C. God created none to be Gods.
Note you are not allowed to twist the word of God here. it clearly says, All of you are sons of the Most high. It also says you are Gods, not You are like God or You are in a position of God. This is direct speech.
Still using the JW bible, lets check out Jesus response. Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’?*+ 35[b] If he called ‘gods’+ those against whom the word of God came[/b]—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified

Clearly, these "leaders" were Gods. Christ affirmed it by saying If he called ‘gods’+ those against whom the word of God came[/b]—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified.
I am being super nice to you today and quoting from your favorite bible.
Over to you sir.
Remember, you promised to be here for me.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 1:48pm On May 15, 2022
tctrills:

I followed. Your brother quoted me and you replied.
There are thousands of Christians making their argument on this platform daily. But a few of you have become Marchants of hate. All Christians disagree but you guys are ready to fight and go dirty.
I have learnt in life that the person selling falsehood is always prepared to take the argument to a fight.
Be an example of a believer in conversation.
If awards are given for the top10 most insultive people on this religious platform easily, 3 of you would win awards.
You fail to realize that most people here sincerely want to serve God. But if they don't agree with you, insults would follow.

Lol. Just shows me where I have insulted you. You know that's a lie huh?

He quoted you, you should face him not me. I didn't quote you nor referred to you.

Stop spreading your lies. Your the one full of hate by purposely spreading lies about us.

Have I ever fought you?

When I consistently proclaim Bible's TRUTHs, you don't call it fight.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 2:05pm On May 15, 2022
tctrills:

I understand these are your beliefs but they are all wrong. Just to show you how wrong you are, Let me pretend that Psalms 82.6 was referring only to Israeli leadership, Are you prepared to answer questions in that regard?
2. If the Israeli leadership are sons of God does that mean Jesus was not the first Son of God sent to man?
3. Were these men Gods and Sons of God before being called to leadership or does one become a son of God by virtue of a leadership Position?
A. we all are Gods
Note you are not allowed to twist the word of God here. it clearly says, All of you are sons of the Most high. It also says you are Gods, not You are like God or You are in a position of God. This is direct speech.
Still using the JW bible, lets check out Jesus response. Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’?*+ 35[b] If he called ‘gods’+ those against whom the word of God came[/b]—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified

Clearly, these "leaders" were Gods. Christ affirmed it by saying If he called ‘gods’+ those against whom the word of God came[/b]—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified.
I am being super nice to you today and quoting from your favorite bible.
Over to you sir.
Remember, you promised to be here for me.

You can pretend to be super nice all you want, suit yourself.
Mind you, JW Bible is not my favourite. I only use it when I'm studying with them using the JW.org app.
I used different versions of the Bible and I use NLT mostly.

[6]I say, ‘You are gods;
    you are all children of the Most High.
[7]But you will die like mere mortals
    and fall like every other ruler.’”

Who are those God said would die like mere mortals?

Who are the mere mortals?

Who are the 'every other rulers'? Can everyone be rulers?

Jesus quoted that verse explaining to the people with him that if God could call those people (rulers, leaders, judges) gods, how much more him, the direct son of God.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 2:23pm On May 15, 2022

Now we are supposing you are right about only leaders being Gods. We us agreeing can you now adress the 4 questions I asked?

Who are the mere mortals?

Who are the 'every other rulers'? Can everyone be rulers?

Jesus quoted that verse explaining to the people with him that if God could call those people (rulers, leaders, judges) gods, how much more him, the direct son of God. [/quote]
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 2:30pm On May 15, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol. Just shows me where I have insulted you. You know that's a lie huh? You insult basically everyone. Just go through all you have posted in the last week and compare it to others on the platform.

He quoted you, you should face him not me. I didn't quote you nor referred to you.
You replied him. We both agreed not to communicate and I intend to keep my part for his sake.

Stop spreading your lies. Your the one full of hate by purposely spreading lies about us.
You know you are lying. I have never written anything against any organization.

Have I ever fought you? You can't fight me but you seem so intent on fighting the Mormons. You did the same to the Catholics but once we see others doing the same to the JW, we all come to their defense. Because we know it's not right.

When I consistently proclaim Bible's TRUTHs, you don't call it fight. I read what you write. You seem to carry a chip on your shoulders. It's like you are at war with other organizations. But they are not fighting you back.

Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 2:32pm On May 15, 2022
cornelboy:

You can pretend to be super nice all you want, suit yourself.
Mind you, JW Bible is not my favourite. I only use it when I'm studying with them using the JW.org app.
I used different versions of the Bible and I use NLT mostly.

[6]I say, ‘You are gods;
    you are all children of the Most High.
[7]But you will die like mere mortals
    and fall like every other ruler.’”

You have asked this before and I answered.

Who are the mere mortals? I have answered this before

Who are the 'every other rulers'? Can everyone be rulers? No, but the verse never mentions it was referring to rulers.

Jesus quoted that verse explaining to the people with him that if God could call those people (rulers, leaders, judges) gods, how much more him, the direct son of God.
Assuming you are correct, The verse was referring only to Israeli leaders, now answer these questions below.
A. we all are Gods
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 7:16pm On May 15, 2022
tctrills:

Assuming you are correct, The verse was referring only to Israeli leaders, now answer these questions below.

A. we all are Gods

Read the whole of Psalm 82 and understand what the psalmist was saying.

No, but the verse never mentions it was referring to rulers.

So who were those God was talking to in verse 7 lol.
You can't just pick verse 6 out like that and give your interpretation to it. Verse 7 explained the people God was referring to at verse 6.

There is no where in the whole chapter where God called everyone god.

Incoherent.
If everyone is son of God as you were saying, then Jesus couldn't be the first son of God sent to man. Also the every man would be gods.

It wasn't a continuous statement. God called them gods simple.

According to that chapter, they were rulers.
And God called thems gods and sons of god.
And when Jesus quoted that verse, he was referring to those people God called gods. He didn't say everyone is god.

Your in no position to tell me one of the options are correct.

God called some certain people gods. They were obviously rulers and God said they would die like mere mortals just like every other rulers.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by cornelboy(f): 7:24pm On May 15, 2022
[quote author=tctrills post=112856350][/quote]
You insult basically everyone. Just go through all you have posted in the last week and compare it to others on the platform.
First show me where I have insulted you and then show me where I insulted others.
You are a lair.

You replied him. We both agreed not to communicate and I intend to keep my part for his sake.
My response to him is none of your business. I didn't mention or refer to you. You have no reason to quote me on that.
Abeg no do that next time.

I read what you write. You seem to carry a chip on your shoulders. It's like you are at war with other organizations. But they are not fighting you back.
I'm not at war with anybody.

Are you in the army? It seems you like wars and fight
Re: "In The Beginning..." by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:42pm On May 15, 2022
cornelboy:

First show me where I have insulted you and then show me where I insulted others.
You are a lair. My response to him is none of your business. I didn't mention or refer to you. You have no reason to quote me on that.
Abeg no do that next time. I'm not at war with anybody. Are you in the army? It seems you like wars and fight

If it's about insulting or abusing people Tctrills did it to me very well on this very forum simply because i told him that the truth we teach is like an injection and into anyone it enters such a person will never remain the same.
He began insulting me but i maintained my peace that it's the injection of truth that's disturbing him.
I also promised him something that i'm sure he will remember everywhere he goes:
I told him that henceforth he will never find interest in chatting with members of any other religion except Jehovah's Witnesses and that he will continue to find discomfort while chatting with us because he will see the consistency in the way JWs handle scriptural points with one accord and never agreeing with any other group. So he will like to see if any could dance to his tune (saying something that appeals to him) but he will never find a single JW that will agree with him.

Ever since then he has been avoiding me and i too has been avoiding his thread, but the truth is that his threads are not flowing with sound comments as JWs aren't there so he left his threads looking for JWs exactly as i told him! smiley

1 Like

Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 7:43pm On May 15, 2022
[quote author=cornelboy post=112864727]

So who were those God was talking to in verse 7 lol.
verse 7 7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. Still no mention of leaders
You can't just pick verse 6 out like that and give your interpretation to it. Verse 7 explained the people God was referring to at verse 6.

There is no where in the whole chapter where God called everyone god. Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. All of you are children of the most high. He was clearly talking to everyone

Incoherent.
If everyone is son of God as you were saying, then Jesus couldn't be the first son of God sent to man. Also the every man would be gods.
I don't understand your point here.

And when Jesus quoted that verse, he was referring to those people God called gods. He didn't say everyone is god.
But verse 7 like you claim never mentioned rulers. 7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. in the English language, when you read you shall fall like princes, It does not mean you are a prince. There again, there is a difference between the rulers of Isreal and the princes of Isreal.
Re: "In The Beginning..." by tctrills: 7:50pm On May 15, 2022

Incoherent.

The leadership of Isreal came before Christ so the question, did God send some of his sons to the world before Christ?

The other time, you claimed the modern prime minister of Isreal is no longer a God. Have you changed your mind on that?

Sir you did not get the question. Let me ask it again. Were these men Gods and Sons of God before being called to leadership or does one become a son of God when he is called to a leadership Position?

[b]
Re: "In The Beginning..." by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:13pm On May 15, 2022
cornelboy:

All humans are sons of God because we were created in His image {Genesis 2:26} but due to Adamic sin we have fallen short of that glory {Romans 3:23} so what the Psalmist penned down @ 82 is about humans following Adam's rebellious path as they are bent on setting standards for their fellowman, that's what makes them gods in the manner which Satan initiated in the beginning! Genesis 3:4-5
So God is going to destroy them as He did to their forerunner Adam and Eve, this couple rejected the standard God set and were trying to establish their own.
According to Daniel 2:44 all such humans will be destroyed and never return to life again.

Moses and Jesus became gods not because they choose to set standards for others but God empowered them to become gods as they were given the power to control the forces of nature! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Is Heaven Located? / If Human Were God / Read A Daily Devotional Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.