Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Today, I Quit Gambling!!! - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Today, I Quit Gambling!!! (25565 Views)

I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by LesbianBoy(m): 4:09pm On May 10, 2022
YoungLionken:
It is a lie you go nowhere cool...

This is the comment I was expecting to see. He doesn't know what is going on grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Moneyboyz: 4:10pm On May 10, 2022
Meanwhile some unfortunate Tiktok celebrities are busy promoting 1xbet and all manner of illicit.
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Clintifydan(m): 4:10pm On May 10, 2022
Dukeolumidemans:
Congratulations...that's the first step towards the right direction. if ur in Port Harcourt, come let me teach u a skill set called forex for free. In 5months to 1yr from now, everything in ur life will change for the better...

Hello bro I am really eager and ready to learn forex.. if only I can channel my gambling energy to forex I ithink I will be much better.. bro please I am in Port Harcourt. Rumuola precisely, I hope I am being considered! Thanks...

Here is my contact 09153117317
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Clintifydan(m): 4:12pm On May 10, 2022
Profmetoo:
totally quenching the taste to gamble is the only way. I can't even try once in a lifetime anymore

Yeah I understand.. but I love watching live games in betting shops because of the buzz and vibes of the fans there.. then there goes my quest to try something
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by SavageResponse(m): 4:12pm On May 10, 2022
If you like quit, if you like don't quit that one is your bloody business!
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Clintifydan(m): 4:13pm On May 10, 2022
sleek214:
Good luck. Almost quitted 2 weeks ago but kept on playing and boom N7.8 million last weekend with N100 stakes. So, I don't know if to advise anyone to quit or continue. Good luck to whomever wants to quit or continue.

Well done, everyone has got some luck in different kinds... Just imagining what is it you played with 100 and then 7.8 boooom
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Profmetoo: 4:14pm On May 10, 2022
Clintifydan:

Yeah I understand.. but I love watching live games in betting shops because of the buzz and vibes of the fans there.. then there goes my quest to try something
Lol true though. I'm determined. So help me God
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Profmetoo: 4:15pm On May 10, 2022
SavageResponse:
If you like quit, if you like don't quit that one is your bloody business!
now that you have commented, do you have that orgasm yet?
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Fantasticbj: 4:15pm On May 10, 2022
welcome to your sabbatical leave. If you get small change now and you see fixtures wey set die.. Your prick go rise again.

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by chessguru(m): 4:17pm On May 10, 2022
Sport betting is not for everyone , i am into sport betting and i make more profit than losses but i cant introduce a friend to it . it is very dangerous if you do not have self control . its like a soldier in battle . nothing is certain so your safety strategy is important . number 1 rule is to avoid greed . most people can do this because human is greedy by nature .

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Clintifydan(m): 4:20pm On May 10, 2022
Profmetoo:
Lol true though. I'm determined. So help me God

Do not set a target of quiting gambling.. it doesn't help.. just reduce the way you play and try engage yourself in some new projects or program.. bet me some day you will get off it.. I am just looking for cash to get some laptop and go deep into programming
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Profmetoo: 4:24pm On May 10, 2022
Clintifydan:

Do not set a target of quiting gambling.. it doesn't help.. just reduce the way you play and try engage yourself in some new projects or program.. bet me some day you will get off it.. I am just looking for cash to get some laptop and go deep into programming
I tried that already. And within 4 months, I lost over 200k. Mehnn quitting is my only option
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Clintifydan(m): 4:30pm On May 10, 2022
Profmetoo:
I tried that already. And within 4 months, I lost over 200k. Mehnn quitting is my only option

Quiting is never that easy.. but I wish you best of lucks in trying
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Augustinep9j: 4:33pm On May 10, 2022
Congrats
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 10, 2022
Profmetoo:
I have been gambling since around 2014 and never for once have I ever decided to quit despite destroying my life, career, relationships, and self esteem. It was as if I was cursed with it. I was so addicted to gambling that I'd rather gamble with my money than to buy cloths on my body. I've read so many stories here on nairaland from people who suffered similar faith, but I'd be looking out for comments from people who would say gambling isn't that bad just to encourage myself. Now I'm at level zero. I have no job, no money, no relationship, but friends who are also addicts. I'm cutting them off.

I believe it's not too late for me to make it in life, so I'm believing in God for miracles. Some people might think i can still relapse when i make some money, but so help me God I won't. I have eradicated anything that'd remind me of gambling, deactivated my betting account and focusing on how to make my life better. Betting can never get you rich. It is what I've come to realize anyways.

I don't want to ever return to gambling even when I make enough money. Right now I'm just looking for money to eat and survive.

I hope those going through same would take that bold step and come out of that shell of bondage. It is well.

I'll update my progress once in a while on this thread.

Whats you last loss and which team killed it.. Are you the type that's pursuing millions with 100 naira?

Terms and conditions state

Bet responsibly.

But its good you want to stop..

Share your last experience and team let me tell you were you got it wrong
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by MoIbrahim: 4:37pm On May 10, 2022
Congratulations!
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 10, 2022
younggcfr:

You failed to make your point. If you were addicted to virtual with is very deadly?

Sir/ma, when you use ur head (meaning you stake what you can lose and it won't get to u).

Personally, I have gained so much in bet. I don't get greedy as some of you. I can use 50k to bet on 3 games that'll give me 1.7- 2.00 odds. Example, Mancity win, Bayern Munich win and Liverpool win against a smaller teams. There are other teams that don't easily lose matches example Celtic, Ajax, Porto, etc. Note: I don't play a die hard matches example Man City vs Liverpool.

So tell us exactly what you did to ruin your life. Thanks

And try that now, you will cause the day your start betting cos bayern can give you a draw or a win. Check their last matches. The season is over and betting for smaller teams with handicap is the sure way, bayern carried their league already, same with psg. So expect nonsense result. As for man city, the race is still tight for them.

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by uthlaw: 4:45pm On May 10, 2022
Make I go run dis 5odds first...
Young boys-2.5
Gent-2.5
Liverpool and barcelona-win
Roda-1.5!

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Princewill1(m): 4:48pm On May 10, 2022
Dukeolumidemans:
Congratulations...that's the first step towards the right direction. if ur in Port Harcourt, come let me teach u a skill set called forex for free. In 5months to 1yr from now, everything in ur life will change for the better...

All businesses that all you do is to speculate are the same. Examples: stock trading, sports betting, Forex trading, binary options, crypto currencies. They are all the same, no difference. Just a change of name.

Speculation is simply "prediction".

It's stupidity to call sports betting gambling and Forex trading an investment.

Gambling is 'risking money to make more money.' Same 'risking money' that people do when trading Forex.

Forex is bet9ja in disguise!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Ochochejay: 4:49pm On May 10, 2022
Profmetoo:
I have been gambling since around 2014 and never for once have I ever decided to quit despite destroying my life, career, relationships, and self esteem. It was as if I was cursed with it. I was so addicted to gambling that I'd rather gamble with my money than to buy cloths on my body. I've read so many stories here on nairaland from people who suffered similar faith, but I'd be looking out for comments from people who would say gambling isn't that bad just to encourage myself. Now I'm at level zero. I have no job, no money, no relationship, but friends who are also addicts. I'm cutting them off.

I believe it's not too late for me to make it in life, so I'm believing in God for miracles. Some people might think i can still relapse when i make some money, but so help me God I won't. I have eradicated anything that'd remind me of gambling, deactivated my betting account and focusing on how to make my life better. Betting can never get you rich. It is what I've come to realize anyways.

I don't want to ever return to gambling even when I make enough money. Right now I'm just looking for money to eat and survive.

I hope those going through same would take that bold step and come out of that shell of bondage. It is well.

Congrats man....just avoid anything that would lure you into it again ... gambling is so addictive....The urge to gamble would surely come again ... Especially when you've started making money again ... instead just look for something entertaining to do ...God will help you
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Ochochejay: 4:52pm On May 10, 2022
Dchampion65:
Quiting masturbation is easier than gambling.

Are you making such a decision because you don't have money to do so? If yes, you are on sabbatical leave.

If you are real serious, you will need to change all your friends in that circle.

Develop a strong will when the urge will come, get yourself busy, and have someone like a mentor whom you will tell your day to day activities to, in truth.

Don't ignore prayers as well. God will help you.

You nailed it boss
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 10, 2022
Profmetoo:

What was the last lottery numbers you played ?

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by porthouse7(f): 5:18pm On May 10, 2022
Profmetoo:

u can only quit gambling when u have steady income, if u are always broke u will always go back to try ur luck
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Profmetoo: 5:20pm On May 10, 2022
porthouse7:
u can only quit gambling when u have steady income, if u are always broke u will always go back to try ur luck
I thought about that as well. But I'm done. Not just because I'm broke. I'm not vexed. I'm just disappointed in myself. I've been broke many times and all I thought about was getting money and gambling more. But this is different, I'm done for good.
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Dickson178(m): 5:38pm On May 10, 2022
Profmetoo:

brotherly, it's a secret cult! If you try to quit gambling, the ghost of the dead ones will look for you wherever you're cheesy cheesy
Likewise me I want to stop , but the ghost will look for me! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Dukeolumidemans(m): 5:40pm On May 10, 2022
The fact that someone decided to change for the best, this thread has really made my day...

If ur reading this and u have not learnt anything today, don't argue with fools. Silence is golden!!

I come in peace!!!

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by BLIVESHEALTH: 5:41pm On May 10, 2022
Profmetoo:

i stop for a year and came back you need the holy spirit to help you quit
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Ropostic120(m): 5:49pm On May 10, 2022
Betting is difficult
Even 1.5odds dey cut
1.3odds dey cut

It isn't easy at all but because of our bad economy,that is why most youth are into betting and it is better than engaging in yahoo yahoo
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Localordinary: 5:58pm On May 10, 2022
I used to be an addicted gambler baby soccer crippled all my entire savings but all thanks to God after I left naija I said no more betting and till date I don't bet anymore not even in this current country that I reside even though it's still in the shores of this shithole continent

1 Like

Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Profmetoo: 5:58pm On May 10, 2022
Dickson178:
brotherly, it's a secret cult! If you try to quit gambling, the ghost of the dead ones will look for you wherever you're cheesy cheesy
Likewise me I want to stop , but the ghost will look for me! grin grin
grin grin grin I'm a ghost buster.
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Bamzyriches451: 6:04pm On May 10, 2022
Damn!
Nice, the lord is your strength
Re: Today, I Quit Gambling!!! by Dashlish12: 6:06pm On May 10, 2022
Dukeolumidemans:
. Ok bro, i may likely be in ph in a month or thereabout. Kindly hit me your whatsapp digit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lacasera Company Workers Protest Over The Sacking Of 700 Workers / Electricity Worker Electrocuted Today In Kano (Photos) / Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.