Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! (27779 Views)

Beautiful Images Of Lagos; Nigeria's Economic Capital / Ikogosi Warm Springs Where Warm And Cold Spring Meet (Pics & Video) / Ekiti State Government Re-opens Ikogisi Warm Spring Resort (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by EmirOfNews: 7:56pm On May 15, 2022
I was there during Easter and also Arinta Water falls... This places are nice with fair roads BUT government need to be smart and work on tourism. The state government can build very nice hotel there (I mean nice one oo) with good security.... I'm sure it will be a good investment.

And for those considering security maybe on the highway... I think Ekiti is building airport now (not sure though). You can easily fly to the state.

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by nextstep(m): 8:14pm On May 15, 2022
Beautiful... I wish we would explore our own lands... these lush hills and valleys...
But to travel within this country dey fear person these days...

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Lilsameey: 8:15pm On May 15, 2022
Dorwadora:
Did you recently visit?

My mother always say" Dora, Ekiti ti dile e tan o, o ti gbagbe awa ta wa ni Sango" (Dora, Ekiti is now where you call home, You've abandoned your home here in Sango).

But why won't i?

No Noise pollution
Almost zero traffic congestion
I eat fresh vegetables almost everyday
The people are friendly with friendly environment
Almost zero crime rates
Ecologic friendly state with nice views

And many more

Proudly Ekiti Kete
Nah Sango you dey stay before?
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Fuyinge: 8:17pm On May 15, 2022
Dorwadora:
Did you recently visit?

My mother always say" Dora, Ekiti ti dile e tan o, o ti gbagbe awa ta wa ni Sango" (Dora, Ekiti is now where you call home, You've abandoned your home here in Sango).

But why won't i?

No Noise pollution
Almost zero crime rates

And many more

Proudly Ekiti Kete
Yeah.
its a very nice and small state. but things are cost gan as there are no industries and little businesses

7 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Coolbanke: 8:33pm On May 15, 2022
Wow, beautiful scenery.

So, how's the state like in terms of economic climate and job opportunities?
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by InoGetJoy: 8:35pm On May 15, 2022
skull Miner's are selective....I don't think your head is worth mining, waiting dey there to mine self? grin
hahahahahaha...finishing

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by kingyakos: 8:44pm On May 15, 2022
Beautiful environment i would've love to visit but it has been shared with fulani
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by hatakekakashi: 8:58pm On May 15, 2022
Richyfj:
Please if you are looking for beautiful scence more beter than the one i am seeing here pls visit by Mkpat Enin LGA in akwa ibom state so so endowed with fresh spring water.
Create a thread if you have pictures of it.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Llyodsjids(m): 9:01pm On May 15, 2022
Visited this place back then in 2014 grin
Trust me, it's very beautiful
If it still the way it was then sha..
Cause our maintenance culture is poor in this part of the planet

5 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Dorwadora(f): 9:05pm On May 15, 2022
Fuyinge:

Yeah.
its a very nice and small state. but things are cost gan as there are no industries and little businesses
Yes you are right about the cost of living but it's an open fact that if you can't farm in Ekiti, you'll go hungry. Even the people with a white collar job still go to farm on Weekends.

The only things that are expensive here for me are toiletries and beverages. I mostly buy and eat fresh farm products. Even my rice, I buy the locally made once without preservant.

Unlike Sango, Factories everywhere. The heat is unbearable.

5 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Islandlady(f): 9:08pm On May 15, 2022
Richyfj:
Please if you are looking for beautiful scence more beter than the one i am seeing here pls visit by Mkpat Enin LGA in akwa ibom state so so endowed with fresh spring water.
Mr. Man you can create your own thread for that...ode

4 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Dorwadora(f): 9:09pm On May 15, 2022
Lilsameey:
Nah Sango you dey stay before?
Well, Yes. I still go visiting tho smiley
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Islandlady(f): 9:18pm On May 15, 2022
Dorwadora:
Did you recently visit?

But why won't i?

No Noise pollution
Almost zero crime rates

And many more

Proudly Ekiti Kete
I visited last year...mehn I love the place soo much,I decided to create a thread on it so people can see the beauty of Ekiti...@bolded that is 100% correct

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Islandlady(f): 9:24pm On May 15, 2022
Painandgain:
I was there last December and I had mad fun kiss
aww so beautiful kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by linkpius(m): 9:54pm On May 15, 2022
Islandlady:
The Ikogosi warm spring resorts is a tourism attraction located in Ikogosi, Ekiti state. Southwestern, Nigeria. This is a warm spring flowing abreast a cold spring which meet at a confluence, at the source the warm spring flows at 70°C while at the confluence reduced to 37°C.

According to local folklore, centuries ago, there lived a palm wine tapper married with two wives and they had different temperaments: The first wife is Quick/Hot tempered while the second wife is mild-tempered, one day, while their husband was away, the wives quarrelled & vexed thereby turning into springs! The first wife turned into the warm spring & the second wife turned into the cold spring. When their husband returned and discovered what his wives had turned to, he transformed himself into the hills & surrounded the springs grin

Few images of the springs and resorts below!
How far is this location from Ado Ekiti?

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by timmydrogba(m): 10:13pm On May 15, 2022
linkpius:

How far is this location from Ado Ekiti?
Let's say like an hour or more. Ekiti is kinda calm cos there are many rural settlements. Not like Ado. I was at Ikogosi in 2018 with my coursemates Of Geography Department. We went to the top of idanre hills in Akure before going to ikogosi hotel in ekiti close to the resort to Lodge for the night.
Most interesting thing is that that pool is steaming hot water but not very very hot which we even entered. I heard the hot water and cold water symbolizes an historical story of a man with two wives but with diverse characters. Don't know how true but that water dey steam o. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Ojycelarma: 11:40pm On May 15, 2022
Islandlady:
Mores images

You too can experience nature at it's best. Discover Ekiti state!!!
Greeeen land! Blessed state!! Blessed Nation!!!

Ekiti to my bone marrow, no cross bread

3 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by edosignature(m): 11:45pm On May 15, 2022
Beautiful... Only if we can promote our own tourism to earn more hard currencies for the betterment of the state & nation at large.

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Fuyinge: 7:15am On May 16, 2022
Dorwadora:
Yes you are right about the cost of living but it's an open fact that if you can't farm in Ekiti, you'll go hungry. Even the people with a white collar job still go to farm on Weekends.

The only things that are expensive here for me are toiletries and beverages. I mostly buy and eat fresh farm products. Even my rice, I buy the locally made once without preservant.

Unlike Sango, Factories everywhere. The heat is unbearable.
very true tho.
are you from ado?
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by JentuPrinz(m): 8:08am On May 16, 2022
Thank God for Gov.Fayemi..dat mumu fayose don abandon dis place before
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by JentuPrinz(m): 8:09am On May 16, 2022
Lekmanz87:

Well I can be your tour guide to the place…finished from ekiti state university
Really me too..wat set??
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Thazard(m): 8:53am On May 16, 2022
This picture made me remember temple run

1 Like

Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by LogicBomb8: 10:06am On May 16, 2022
skull Miner's are selective....I don't think your head is worth mining, waiting dey there to mine self? grin
Or they are waiting for it to rise like b¡tc0¡n
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Dorwadora(f): 1:35pm On May 16, 2022
Fuyinge:

very true tho.
are you from ado?
I stay at Ado but the ancestor of my hometown is Fabunmi
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Fuyinge: 3:55pm On May 16, 2022
Dorwadora:
lmao
OK
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Godstime234: 7:13pm On May 17, 2022
Dorwadora:

Fabunmi okemesi
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by minenhleaudre(f): 10:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
[quote author=metformin post=112689051][/quote] Yes! one of my friend from Ekiti and I found him the best and friendly guy ever.
Re: Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State! by Tonim(f): 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10-Things You Shouldn't Do/Say Outside Nigeria. / Ojuelegba Tragedy: Unlatched Containers Must Leave Our Roads / Suffering Continues On Abuja-Keffi Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.