Stats: 3,163,145 members, 7,852,915 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:20 AM

Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th (8067 Views)

Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter / Nigerian Women Accounted For 8,000 UK Births In 2011 / SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by armyofone(m): 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2011
indian women maybe stressed up because they are into engineering and IT?
i used to think most are stay at home so why the stress?
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by ronkebp(f): 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2011
Princek12:

why would Nigerian women not be the among the top 10 stressed women in the world? Instead of taking life easy, they believe they have to make shakara, have an attitude to people they don't know, and so on. Nigerian women stress themselves for no apparent reason.

Go to any gathering of Nigerian women, and you will see that they do not loosen up compared to other African women. They still live in an age where they stupidly think that a woman has to have an attitude not for any apparent reason but because that is what women do. Having that mentality alone can stress women out. And when they are now old and have no man, the stress doubles, making them go to night vigils in these churches and giving their hard earned money to pastors so that the pastors can "pray" for them to find a husband.

Nigerian women just need to take life easy. Life is hard, but it is not that hard. Chillax, ladies.

PRINCEK12, what are you saying? so of all the reasons in this world, it is 'shakara' that comes to mind, ? Common now, why won't women be stressed, please compare the duties of a man to that of a woman.
women                                                                           men
1. Go to work                                                                          Go to work
2. take care of the home after work                                         sit in the living room, watching the tv
3. cook dinner                                                                           sit and eat.
4. take care of the kids                                                             sit on the computer
5. do the laundry                                                                       sit and read newspaper
6. be the last to go to bed and the first to wake-up                  Be the first to go to bed, and the last to wake up
7. wake up take care of kids and prepare breakfast                  wake up take a shower, eat breakfast.
8.Go to work                                                                               Go to work.

And it goes on and on, some will say, it is a lazy woman that would count all this, and the duties in the work place i did not include oooooo,  all this things are done using the little strength and energy God has given women.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by Gbenge77(m): 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Too much pricks from different men ?
lol.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by JeSoul(f): 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2011
ronkebp:

Women                                                                                          Men

1. Go to work                                                                         Go to work
2. take care of the home after work                                      sit in the living room, watching the tv
3. cook dinner                                                                        sit and eat.
4. take care of the kids                                                          sit on the computer
5. do the laundry                                                                   sit and read newspaper
6. be the last to go to bed and the first to wake-up              Be the first to go to bed, and the last to wake up
7. wake up take care of kids and prepare breakfast              wake up take a shower, eat breakfast.
8.Go to work                                                                           Go to work.
   ^LOL this is just too funny grin

. . . and unfortunately it is also true for a lot of women today. Pursuing a career/working while trying to raise a family. Its both the man and the woman's fault. The man's fault because the home-building role traditionally belongs to the woman, so a lot of men do not think it is also their responsibility to help out at home. And it is the woman's fault because she's taking on too much, and should've opened her eyes and checked the kind of man she was marrying - not those traditional relics from the 11th century who's egos are too inflated to enable them pick up a sponge and scrub. If both parties are working - it is only common sense both should also be sharing the home responsibilities.

And oh, if men are supposed to be the stronger sex, shouldn't they also be bearing the bigger portion of the burden? grin

Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by kabukabu50(m): 4:21pm On Jul 13, 2011
Nigerian women are overstressed because right from birth they have to fit into what kind of woman,naija men want.
Naija men wont date you if you are
1)opinionated
2)smart and intelligent
3)outdoorsy and outwardly
4)comfortable in your sexuality
5)independent financially
6)have any sort of baggage like kids, even if they have children all over the world.

Thats just my two cents.Naija men are the reason women are stressed.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by JeSoul(f): 4:21pm On Jul 13, 2011
Princek12:

why would Nigerian women not be the among the top 10 stressed women in the world? Instead of taking life easy, they believe they have to make shakara, have an attitude to people they don't know, and so on. Nigerian women stress themselves for no apparent reason.

Go to any gathering of Nigerian women, and you will see that they do not loosen up compared to other African women. They still live in an age where they stupidly think that a woman has to have an attitude not for any apparent reason but because that is what women do. Having that mentality alone can stress women out. And when they are now old and have no man, the stress doubles, making them go to night vigils in these churches and giving their hard earned money to pastors so that the pastors can "pray" for them to find a husband.

Nigerian women just need to take life easy. Life is hard, but it is not that hard. Chillax, ladies.
ROTFLOL  grin grin  honestly, you're right in that Naija women always seem to have attitude or are 'angry'. This is so true. But with the way some Naija men act, can you blame them?  grin
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by londoner: 5:02pm On Jul 13, 2011
Nigerian women tend to have a permanent state of agitation, from WITHIN. Anger, annoyance etc for no apparent reason. I think it depends on where they are from/live though. Some places in Nigeria are very stressful on a daily basis, ie Lagos, Aba etc.

Even when you get out of the airport, it is immediate stress/frustration, lol.

It doesn't take much for many Nigerians to get extremely irate and overly emotional (anger especially).

I thought Nigeria would be in the top three most stressful countries.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by vislabraye(m): 5:31pm On Jul 13, 2011
@rokepb

9. Men women

stay on the top stay at the bottom grin

Its a man's world even you recognize it grin grin
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by ronkebp(f): 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2011
vislabraye:

@rokepb

9. Men women

stay on the top stay at the bottom grin

Its a man's world even you recognize it grin grin

Well obviously it, is, and they are the cause of the stress, the women are going through, angry
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by Orikinla(m): 6:37pm On Jul 13, 2011
Nigerian men give Nigerian women stress.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by armyofone(m): 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2011
ronke, if you allow it. i will not allow a lazy man or a man/husband with the list on the right, never. i'm cooking for us and you are reading newspaper or on the phone? NAH NAH!
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by ronkebp(f): 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
armyofone:

ronke, if you allow it. i will not allow a lazy man or a man/husband with the list on the right, never. i'm cooking for us and you are reading newspaper or on the phone? NAH NAH!

I really don't allow it, but am not the type of person that would tell you what to do, i like people taking initiatives, and when i see that the initiatives is not been taken, omo, i now have a house cleaner that comes and clean my house and do the laundry every 2 weeks and the money is coming from his pocket not mine, so i concentrate on my little soldier and the cooking.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by armyofone(m): 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
Very good. that's how to deal with nig man that act ogbologo. spend that money jo  grin grin

ronkebp:

I really don't allow it, but am not the type of person that would tell you what to do, i like people taking initiatives, and when i see that the initiatives is not been taken, omo, i now have a house cleaner that comes and clean my house and do the laundry every 2 weeks and the money is coming from his pocket not mine, so i concentrate on my little soldier and the cooking.
that's what i will do too, use his money to pay for the mexican cleaners cheesy
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by ronkebp(f): 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
^^^^^^ it is as simple as that my dear, i no fit shout abeg, wink
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by sley4life(m): 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2011
agreed.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by Princek12(m): 7:44pm On Jul 13, 2011
ronkebp:

PRINCEK12, what are you saying? so of all the reasons in this world, it is 'shakara' that comes to mind, ? Common now, why won't women be stressed, please compare the duties of a man to that of a woman.
women                                                                           men
1. Go to work                                                                          Go to work
2. take care of the home after work                                         sit in the living room, watching the tv
3. cook dinner                                                                           sit and eat.
4. take care of the kids                                                             sit on the computer
5. do the laundry                                                                       sit and read newspaper
6. be the last to go to bed and the first to wake-up                  Be the first to go to bed, and the last to wake up
7. wake up take care of kids and prepare breakfast                  wake up take a shower, eat breakfast.
8.Go to work                                                                               Go to work.

And it goes on and on, some will say, it is a lazy woman that would count all this, and the duties in the work place i did not include oooooo,  all this things are done using the little strength and energy God has given women.

Sista, all the chores you mentioned above that Nigerian women do are done by women in most parts of the world. And your point even supports my assertion, that life is stressful in and of itself, especially when you consider all the duties that inheres in being a woman. At least those are unavoidable stresses.

But why in the world will Nigerian women carry on avoidable stresses? Why don't they just chill and stop all the attitudes and smile and be happy. You will see how your stress level will reduce.

Nigerian women are always frowning in public functions, and making unnecessary shakara. All the effort it takes to put up that front is inherently stressful. It is usually the little things that make a different.

Why on earth will women of a particular country (Nigerian women) just purposefully walk around everyday acting a fool as if making shakara and frowning is what makes them a woman? That is some jagbajantis bull.

Even if I go to a gathering full of Nigerian women I walk out stressed out because of all the negativity that Nigerian women have. Go to a gathering of women of other countries and you will laugh your arse off when you come out.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by JeSoul(f): 7:54pm On Jul 13, 2011
ronkebp:

. . . but ehn uhm isn't his pocket also your pocket? unless 'assets' are separate?  lipsrsealed cheesy

armyofone:

Very good. that's how to deal with nig man that act ogbologo. spend that money jo  grin grin
that's what i will do too, use his money to pay for the mexican cleaners cheesy
Lol. Why do the cleaners have to be mexican now? grin
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by ronkebp(f): 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2011
JeSoul:

. . . but ehn uhm isn't his pocket also your pocket? unless 'assets' are separate? lipsrsealed cheesy
Lol. Why do the cleaners have to be mexican now? grin

MY dear, we have his pocket, our pocket and my pocket, this one is from his pocket, because our pocket is for another purpose.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by Jenifa1: 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2011
This is why Sweden is at the bottom of the list:

Yay for gender equality
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/world/europe/10iht-sweden.html
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by JeSoul(f): 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2011
^ grin grin Everyone, try to think about the last time you saw an african man or black man happily pushing a baby carriage . . .  grin

ronkebp:

MY dear, we have his pocket, our pocket and my pocket, this one is from his pocket, because our pocket is for another purpose.
Lol grin "Hit 'em up style" lol A girl gats to do what a girl gats to do abi? grin
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by ronkebp(f): 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2011
^^^^^ Everly, my dear, everly , i gat to hold my corner tight naa, how i for do,? person go just shrink ontop work. wink
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by tpia5: 8:22pm On Jul 13, 2011
Everyone, try to think about the last time you saw an african man or black man happily pushing a baby carriage

actually, many of them do that

i see it a lot.

doesnt mean the topic isnt valid though.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by Jenifa1: 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
^ yea right. like i'm supposed to believe that.  grin

in Sweden, men take maternity paternity leave from work to take their of their newly born.
I don't know where else in the world that happens regularly. but it's definitely no surprise that swedish women are low stressed.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by tpia5: 8:25pm On Jul 13, 2011
^^yes, i do see black men pushing baby strollers.

african ones, nigerian ones, even AA ones [i think].

seriously.

mainly with their non-black or non-ethnic partners maybe.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by Jenifa1: 8:27pm On Jul 13, 2011
well I don't see it. I only see women doing that
the only time I see a man doing it is if he has no choice/ the wife is not around or is too busy doing something else.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by tpia5: 8:28pm On Jul 13, 2011
dont know the reason but sometimes the wife or baby mother [i dont know] is right there with them.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by ronkebp(f): 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2011
Jenifa_:

^ yea right. like i'm supposed to believe that. grin

in Sweden, men take maternity paternity leave from work to take their of their newly born.
I don't know where else in the world that happens regularly. but it's definitely no surprise that swedish women are low stressed.

Maybe i should relocate to sweden, if the men really take paternity leave,
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by JeSoul(f): 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2011
tpia, where they happily pushing the stroller? cheesy

ronkebp:

^^^^^ Everly, my dear, everly , i gat to hold my corner tight naa, how i for do,? person go just shrink ontop work. wink
grin I feel you jare. E no easy. Abeg take care of that little soldier well well. So when he grows up he will be the big soldier of his house - a soldier not afraid to hold toilet brush and work a dish sponge like no man's business cheesy
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by Jenifa1: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2011
ronkebp:

Maybe i should relocate to sweden, if the men really take paternity leave,

I think the paid paternity leave is also part of government scheme though to encourage gender equality.
I'm sure women take way more time off from work than men. but compared to the rest of the world, Swedish men take more time off because of generous govt support.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/10/world/europe/10iht-sweden.html
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by tpia5: 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2011
JeSoul:

tpia, where they happily pushing the stroller? cheesy

they werent groaning or frowning or anything.

you mean you've never seen a black man pushing a baby stroller?

that's strange, imo.
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by Jenifa1: 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2011
In Nigeria, most women back their baby. not use stroller
i'm sure Tpia has never seen a man backing his baby. I sure haven't. lol that would be a sight to see
Re: Most Stressed Women In The World - Nigerian Women Are 9th by tpia5: 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2011
no, not backing the baby- that's just weird.  smiley

in nigeria, the woman does 98% of the childcare.

Yuletide : Transport Union Bans Alcohol Sales In Lagos Motor Parks / Moving To America, Great Investment. / Russia, Turkey, Germany, Austria Or Japan. Which Is Better To Go Study For MSc ?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58