Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Help Please My corolla Car Smokes - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Please My corolla Car Smokes (3108 Views)

Blue Smokes On My Honda Civic 2006 / Reasons Why Your Car Smokes / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Dozieson(m): 12:52pm On Sep 24, 2022
koloqua:

I have checked the dashboard, no oil light showing, just check engine light alone..

Also, I found out the mechanic I used previously used 2 different oil when he initially noticed the oil shortages, he used them to top it up SAE-40 and one other.

So what can I do now? Cos the blue smoke thingy is embarrassing

If it is shorting oil then the rings or pcv valve are gone
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by koloqua(m): 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2022
Dozieson:

If it is shorting oil then the rings or pcv valve are gone

I just took it to a mechanic here in Ibadan New Garage, they saw that the previous owner has already had the Engine blocked tampered and showed me history of a white gum/glue traces.. was told the only remedy is the either new engine 200k or rebuild 100k

I just weak
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Dozieson(m): 5:37pm On Sep 24, 2022
koloqua:

I just took it to a mechanic here in Ibadan New Garage, they saw that the previous owner has already had the Engine blocked tampered and showed me history of a white gum/glue traces.. was told the only remedy is the either new engine 200k or rebuild 100k

I just weak

I would advise you to get a good tokunbo engine. Thank God it is cheap to replace
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by koloqua(m): 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
Dozieson:

I would advise you to get a good tokunbo engine. Thank God it is cheap to replace

That's the plan since no remedy can be done other than either rebuilding or new engine..

Thanks very much for the advise
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Bola4boy(m): 11:18pm On Sep 24, 2022
Pls send me the mechanic number at new guarage. He seems fair with his price. Besides I stay close to new guarage ( elebu.) Thanks
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Angrygoat: 4:40pm On Sep 26, 2022
Head gasket would lead to over heating and his aluminiumengine will never start.
cyborg123:
Don't give yourself headache based on random talk.

What you should have asked is what makes your engine bring white smoke, stating your coolant levels after using the car.
You can also state when the smoke is mostly noticeable, your temperature level after driving and probably attaching a picture of the smoke.

At worst... you might have a bad head gasket.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Now That Fuel Cost Has Gone Up! You'll Need This. / Honda Accord (EOD), Engine Coolant Sensor / Pls Advice: Which Is Better, A 2010 Ford Edge And A 2010 Mazda CX-9?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.