Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Help Please My corolla Car Smokes - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Please My corolla Car Smokes (3125 Views)

Blue Smokes On My Honda Civic 2006 / Reasons Why Your Car Smokes / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 10:50am On May 13, 2022
cyborg123:

Most likely age is telling on your valve seals. It is nothing to worry about if everything is as you described.
I said I was gonna get back to you. I have water in my radiator but discovered particles of oil in it. I also notice the smoke is a bit grey and the engine not so loud when it's well raised. I also discovered that my dashboard show the trip attached.

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by cyborg123(m): 12:25pm On May 13, 2022
clems88:
I said I was gonna get back to you. I have water in my radiator but discovered particles of oil in it. I also notice the smoke is a bit grey and the engine not so loud when it's well raised. I also discovered that my dashboard show the trip attached.

Left to me, I would have asked you to check and observe several things first, but since you are not so familiar with cars, I will advise you let a mechanic check the car for you.
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 1:18pm On May 13, 2022
cyborg123:

Left to me, I would have asked you to check and observe several things first, but since you are not so familiar with cars, I will advise you let a mechanic check the car for you.
alright I will

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by BoboKush(m): 2:48pm On May 13, 2022
cyborg123:

Most likely age is telling on your valve seals. It is nothing to worry about if everything is as you described.

That's what my mechanic said too
Two places i went
They said valve seal

One advice i continue to use it like that
The other said i shld fix

because the oil short unlike before
I do service at 3000km
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by cyborg123(m): 3:02pm On May 13, 2022
BoboKush:

That's what my mechanic said too
Two places i went
They said valve seal

One advice i continue to use it like that
The other said i shld fix

because the oil short unlike before
I do service at 3000km

You may attempt to fix that & something else gets damaged in the process since the engine will have to be opened.

I would recommend you ignore the issue.

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by BoboKush(m): 5:24pm On May 13, 2022
cyborg123:

You may attempt to fix that & something else gets damaged in the process since the engine will have to be opened.

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Dozieson(m): 5:44pm On May 13, 2022
clems88:

Probably overheated engine

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by kernniejay(m): 6:38am On May 14, 2022
clems88:
please I stay in ibadan. Where can I get a professional mechanic
Honestly, I don't know any one in ibadan for now, though I heard that there is one professional around Total Garden, he also runs an auto programme on Splash FM every Wednesday around 10am or so, there is another one around Ogunpa Market too, i think the name is GMF or something.

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 3:05pm On May 14, 2022
kernniejay:

Honestly, I don't know any one in ibadan for now, though I heard that there is one professional around Total Garden, he also runs an auto programme on Splash FM every Wednesday around 10am or so, there is another one around Ogunpa Market too, i think the name is GMF or something.
I'm selling the damn car angry
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by aieromon(m): 3:55pm On May 14, 2022
clems88:

grin grin and the Maga cycle continues....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by fineboynl(m): 4:04pm On May 14, 2022
aieromon:

grin grin and the Maga cycle continues....
Nigerian use cars eh? Na God de save person oh.

95% sells because of problems.

2 Likes

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Dozieson(m): 7:16pm On May 14, 2022
fineboynl:
Nigerian use cars eh? Na God de save person oh.

95% sells because of problems.

Gbam!
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by kernniejay(m): 7:52pm On May 14, 2022
clems88:
Don't just conclude like that. Cars are very expensive these days except you have enough money to add and buy a very nice car. I am sure that engine can still be salvaged, but if it is beyond repair, buying an engine or rebuilding the engine is cheaper than buying a new car.
NB: Next time you want to buy a car, pls go with a reliable and competent technician, not the type that will conspire with seller to dupe you or the one that will make you buy lemon so that you can become his regular customer.

4 Likes

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 8:04pm On May 14, 2022
kernniejay:

Don't just conclude like that. Cars are very expensive these days except you have enough money to add and buy a very nice car. I am sure that engine can still be salvaged, but if it is beyond repair, buying an engine or rebuilding the engine is cheaper than buying a new car.
NB: Next time you want to buy a car, pls go with a reliable and competent technician, not the type that will conspire with seller to dupe you or the one that will make you buy lemon so that you can become his regular customer.
men this is a difficult decision. Seeing the car makes me angry. Driving a car that's smokes. I can't even take it out because shame wount allow me. It's just packed while I trek or take public transport with my family where ever I go. The annoying thing is the dealers are pricing a whole corolla 1m to 1.2m angry
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by kernniejay(m): 8:34pm On May 14, 2022
clems88:
men this is a difficult decision. Seeing the car makes me angry. Driving a car that's smokes. I can't even take it out because shame wount allow me. It's just packed while I trek or take public transport with my family where ever I go. The annoying thing is the dealers are pricing a whole corolla 1m to 1.2m angry
I understand your annoyance, but I will say you should give it a last chance before selling off, you just bought this car and you should not sell it immediately at a loss, repair and use it for like a year so that you when you sell it cheaply, you will know that it has served you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 8:44pm On May 14, 2022
kernniejay:

I understand your annoyance, but I will say you should give it a last chance before selling off, you just bought this car and you should not sell it immediately at a loss, repair and use it for like a year so that you when you sell it cheaply, you will know that it has served you.
alright . I'll give it a thought sad

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Dozieson(m): 11:22pm On May 14, 2022
clems88:

How much did you buy it?
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by clems88(m): 11:27pm On May 14, 2022
Dozieson:

How much did you buy it?
1.4m
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Dozieson(m): 5:39am On May 15, 2022
clems88:
1.4m

It is still a fair deal considering the price of Corolla in naija today if the body and interior is very okay.
Before you sell, make sure you have enough to buy a tokunbo car. Or you want to stay without a car?
Those dealers knows good mechanic that will repair the engine reduce the smoke and sell @ a much more higher price to the next victim.
Corolla engine is not that difficult to fix.
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Udemzy05: 7:04am On May 15, 2022
Lol.. mechanic certified it ok grin mechanic and seller don run you street.
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Udemzy05: 7:13am On May 15, 2022
Cokahot:
Toyota with lexus can take any form of abuse,so far e no short engine oil. Try to get scanner and scan the car,or was the engine ringed. If the engine was rigned abeg use the ac,but no pass 2000rpm. Be prepared to but new tokks engine. However while going to ladipo,mushin,have it at the back of your mind that toks engine na rebuilt naija used for ladipor. Polished so clean with petrol,u will think its tokunbo but na naija used or even condemned. Igbo,igbo,,igbo. Once money fon enter,wohala Don start if e no work. Dem day change mouth like mad.

Take any form of abuse right?

Na this kind mentality dey make am dey difficult for some people to buy naija use cos definitely the car go don take any form of abuse grin

1 Like

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Obyangel: 7:32am On May 15, 2022
cyborg123:

Sir, do you know much about Hijet/dahatsu mini bus (shuttle)? Bcuz I sense you are good at Japanese cars/products
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Cokahot: 7:39am On May 15, 2022
I have driven both,so far e no reach engine and gear. Any form of abuse literally means trial and error from quacks mechanic. I used to believe in everything but no more. Bleep Toyota and lexus branding Bullshit . I use oando gear oil for Toyota,and nothing do am
Udemzy05:

Take any form of abuse right?

Na this kind mentality dey make am dey difficult for some people to buy naija use cos definitely the car go don take any form of abuse grin
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:08am On May 15, 2022
clems88:
1.4m

And therein lies the problem.

The Toyota Corona 2003-2004 sells for between 2.7-2.9m for a foreign used one with no issues. A reg with no issues sells for ₦₦1.8-2.1m

When buying a car (foreign used or Reg) if you find one that is cheap , just know something must give (engine , transmission, under body rust, custom duty, ownership, air-conditioning, electrical), especially a car that is highly sought after.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Udemzy05: 8:45am On May 15, 2022
Cokahot:
I have driven both,so far e no reach engine and gear. Any form of abuse literally means trial and error from quacks mechanic. I used to believe in everything but no more. Bleep Toyota and lexus branding Bullshit . I use oando gear oil for Toyota,and nothing do am

Ok sir smiley
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by cyborg123(m): 1:19pm On May 15, 2022
Obyangel:

Sir, do you know much about Hijet/dahatsu mini bus (shuttle)? Bcuz I sense you are good at Japanese cars/products
I'm not an auto technician... but a hobbyist with a lot of experience with cars.
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Obyangel: 1:40pm On May 15, 2022
cyborg123:

I'm not an auto technician... but a hobbyist with a lot of experience with cars.

Ok sir. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by koloqua(m): 3:34am On Sep 24, 2022
cyborg123:

Do you know how to check water level in radiator?

Do you know how to describe when the smoke is most noticeable?

Do you know how to check temperature guage or at least upload a picture?

Do you know how to acknowledge replies on your thread or state the things you don't understand?

Sometimes, one makes out time to give reply on threads but this kind of poor feedback makes one wonder if it is worth it.

Good morning sir, please I recently bought a Honda Civic 2006, but unfortunately the seller was using 20w-50 instead of the engine recommended 5w-20, immediately I switched back, I noticed smoking upon cold start, but now the car emits blue smokes as I drive around, it even worse when I accelerate..

Please what is the solution? I will appreciate your advice as it's embarrassing driving this to work
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by Dozieson(m): 5:03am On Sep 24, 2022
koloqua:

Good morning sir, please I recently bought a Honda Civic 2006, but unfortunately the seller was using 20w-50 instead of the engine recommended 5w-20, immediately I switched back, I noticed smoking upon cold start, but now the car emits blue smokes as I drive around, it even worse when I accelerate..

Please what is the solution? I will appreciate your advice as it's embarrassing driving this to work

If it is not burning oil then watch out for oil light on the dashboard to avoid engine damage.

The synthetic oil is cleaning out the sludge from the car
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by cyborg123(m): 7:21am On Sep 24, 2022
koloqua:

Good morning. I've replied on your thread.
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by koloqua(m): 8:24am On Sep 24, 2022
Dozieson:

If it is not burning oil then watch out for oil light on the dashboard to avoid engine damage.

The synthetic oil is cleaning out the sludge from the car

I have checked the dashboard, no oil light showing, just check engine light alone..

Also, I found out the mechanic I used previously used 2 different oil when he initially noticed the oil shortages, he used them to top it up SAE-40 and one other.

So what can I do now? Cos the blue smoke thingy is embarrassing
Re: Help Please My corolla Car Smokes by koloqua(m): 8:24am On Sep 24, 2022
cyborg123:

Good morning. I've replied on your thread.

Good morning boss, I haven't seen your reply... Please will appreciate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let's Talk Nissan Altima 2002 / Bad Land Cruiser Touch Screen / Renault Duster 2011 Model(brand New)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.