Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

40-feet Container Crushes Man To Death, Injures Woman In Lagos (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 40-feet Container Crushes Man To Death, Injures Woman In Lagos (photos) (439 Views)

Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) / Driver Flees As Truck Crushes Toddler To Death, Injures Mum & Others In Rivers / Car Crushes Man Making Video Call To Girlfriend On Abeokuta-Siun-Sagamu Express (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

40-feet Container Crushes Man To Death, Injures Woman In Lagos (photos) by ExAngel007(f): 8:35pm On May 12, 2022
A yet-to-be-identified man was crushed to death and a woman severely injured as a 40ft container fell on them at Costain roundabout in Lagos State.

It was gathered that the container fell off a truck after the
vehicle suffered brake failure on Wednesday night, May 11,
crushing the two victims who were passing by.

Permanent Secretary of the Lagos State Emergency
Management Agency, LASEMA, Dr. Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, who confirmed the incident in a statement on Thursday, said the male victim died on the spot while the female victim was rescued alive with severe injuries on the left leg.

"In an overnight operation, the Lagos State Emergency
Management Agency, LASEMA, activated its Emergency
Response Plan when an incident was reported via its toll-free number 112, at the wee hours of Wednesday night, 11th May, 2022, regarding an adult female and male who fell victim of a fallen 40ft container which left the male counterpart dead at the COSTAIN roundabout incident," the statement read.

"Consequent upon the arrival of the Agency's Response Team, it was discovered that an adult male and female were passing by when the incident involving the 40ft container on the articulated vehicle fell and crushed the adult male to death instantly, while the Agency's Response Team extricated the adult female alive with severe injuries on the left leg and was immediately given pre-medical treatment by the Agency's Paramedics before being taken to a nearby hospital for furtherbmedical attention.

"Further enquiry at the scene revealed that the articulated truck laden with the 40ft container had suffered brake failure while enroute the COSTAIN roundabout and as a result, the container fell off the back of the truck.

"The deceased adult male body was bagged and handed over to the State Environmental Health Monitoring Unit, SEHMU, for further action.

"The truck and its fallen container were recovered off the road with the aid of the Agency’s heavy-duty Forklift and placed on a lay-by before being handed over to Officers of the Nigerian Police at the incident scene."

Other responders at the scene were the LASAMBUS and the
Nigerian Police Force, he added.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/5/40-feet-container-crushes-man-to-death-injures-woman-in-lagos-photos.html

Re: 40-feet Container Crushes Man To Death, Injures Woman In Lagos (photos) by ExAngel007(f): 8:35pm On May 12, 2022

Re: 40-feet Container Crushes Man To Death, Injures Woman In Lagos (photos) by Candidlady: 8:39pm On May 12, 2022
sad
Re: 40-feet Container Crushes Man To Death, Injures Woman In Lagos (photos) by chatinent: 8:40pm On May 12, 2022
In Nigeria, anything can kill you. Anywhere you dey, dey revolve your head like fan dey check environment.

Walk on pedestrian lanes only. When you wan cross road, continuously be turning left and right until you cross.

Never you walk relaxed under electric poles. Avoid staying too long in storey buildings.

Nigeria can never be great until NEPA stop using gen in their office.
Re: 40-feet Container Crushes Man To Death, Injures Woman In Lagos (photos) by God1000(m): 8:41pm On May 12, 2022
Sad
Re: 40-feet Container Crushes Man To Death, Injures Woman In Lagos (photos) by Cokahot: 8:45pm On May 12, 2022
When ever in in between a tanker,lorry or trailer. I step on gas with my horn as loud as volume 30,especially when I overtaking them by drivers side. I hate slow movement near these death traps and I hate being at the back of a learner.
Re: 40-feet Container Crushes Man To Death, Injures Woman In Lagos (photos) by Endlesspeace(f): 8:48pm On May 12, 2022
Death trap everywhere
Re: 40-feet Container Crushes Man To Death, Injures Woman In Lagos (photos) by doggedfighter(f): 8:50pm On May 12, 2022
First time of seeing first responders carry a corpse with dignity inside a health care personnels' vehicle.

Obviously that's not a hearse maybe an ambulance.

I am so impressed. Thanks for the good work !

I mostly see corpses strewn over pick up vans in an undignified manner.

For me it's always unsightly undecided

Here a breadwinner leaves home for a legitimate hustle and comes back in body bag while the other is critically injured

It's traumatizing for everyone.

Avoidable if only these heavy duty trucks move only at night.

But what can we do !

Fare thee well cry

Yes Rest on ! cry
Re: 40-feet Container Crushes Man To Death, Injures Woman In Lagos (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 8:55pm On May 12, 2022
If u re going out and coming back home safety, u are one of the lucky ones.. Always be thankful... Baba God I hail u.. Thank you for the gift of life in this jungle called Niger Area

(1) (Reply)

Brigde Head Housing Estate Fegge. Onitsha, Anambra State / Video Of Youtuber Emdee Tiamiyu Apologising Over Comment On BBC Interview (vid) / Please a Cousin is serching for a Uni To Study Medicine In either Togo Or B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.