Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God (1150 Views)

Six Important Ways To Please God / 7 Ways To Please God / Brethren, How Do You Fast ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Channah1(f): 8:43pm On May 12, 2022
At a prayer program today, a man of God raised this prayer point. First time I'll be hearing such in my life but I prayed it with my whole heart because it seems to hit home for me somehow.

Here
Anyone tornenting me to please God, father deal with them.

What do you think, breathren?
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On May 12, 2022
Channah1:
At a prayer program today, a man of raised this prayer points. First time.e I'm going to hear it in my life but I prayed it with my whole heart because it seems to hit home somehow for me.

Here
Anyone tornenting to please God, father deal with them.
Here's what Jesus Christ Himself said to you. undecided
43You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[k] and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies. Pray for those who treat you badly.
45 If you do this, you will be children who are truly like your Father in heaven. He lets the sun rise for all people, whether they are good or bad. He sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong.
46 If you love only those who love you, why should you get a reward for that? Even the tax collectors do that.
47 And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than anyone else. Even the people who don’t know God are nice to their friends.
48 What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. - Matthew 5 vs 43 - 48
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Channah1(f): 8:49pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

No worry. Shebi you dey for Canada, Lakeshore side, you no know as e dey go for Nigeria. I can't blame you K.
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by ayourbamie: 8:50pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Perfect response...

No need to pray such prayer, the Almighty God Himself will come in and say let my people go
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On May 12, 2022
Channah1:
No worry. Shebi you dey for America, Lakeshore side, you no know as e dey go for Nigeria. I can't blame you K.
The Christian life isn't based in your zip code or geographical location. God knows and sees where you are and understands quite well your situation. What He is asking is that you step out of yourself to trust and obey Him, even in the middle of where you continue to find yourself... so that He can take the wheel and lead you the way He wants you to go instead.. undecided

So will you believe Him and do as He commands, or will you continue to ignore Him and continue fighting your battles of your own strength like everyone else around you? The choice is yours to make. undecided
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Channah1(f): 8:58pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The Christian life isn't based in your zip code or geographical location. God knows and sees where you are and understands quite well your situation. What He is asking is that you step out of yourself to trust and obey Him, even in the middle of where you continue to find yourself... so that He can take the wheel and lead you the way He wants you to go instead.. undecided

So will you believe Him and do as He commands, or will you continue to ignore Him and continue fighting your battles of your own strength like everyone else around you? The choice is yours to make. undecided

The battle is the Lords and I've handed every battle of my life to him.
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Kobojunkie: 9:05pm On May 12, 2022
Channah1:
The battle is the Lords and I've handed every battle of my life to him.
Handing anything to God is not by mouth but by obedience/deed. undecided

God made it clear that those who belong to Him and those who truly Love Him are those who live their continuous submission and obedience of His teachings(and commandments) through Jesus Christ - John 14 vs 15 - 25 . So, forget the "thank you, Jesus", the "I love you Jesus" chants that are typical with Churchians, as they all mean absolutely nothing to God. Jesus Christ even boldly decreed in John 5 vs 41 that He does not desire praise from men, so all that mouth action, does not fool God one bit as what He seeks is your obedience of His commandments, that alone is how you honor God. undecided
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 6:13pm On May 14, 2022
Channah1:
At a prayer program today, a man of God raised this prayer point. First time I'll be hearing such in my life but I prayed it with my whole heart because it seems to hit home for me somehow.

Here

How can someone torment a person to please God?

Does God enjoy seeing people tormented? No.

I might be wrong but this prayer sounds confusing.

Jeremiah 29:11
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Channah1(f): 6:22pm On May 14, 2022
LofP:

How can someone torment a person to please God?

Does God enjoy seeing people tormented? No.

I might be wrong but this prayer sounds confusing.

Jeremiah 29:11

Its not confusing. I tell you why. My personal experience.

I've been displaced for sometime and have been staying in an uncompleted building until some touts broke into the place and I became afraid and couldn't sleep there any longer.

I went to my Church where there's security to be spending only the night there and go back in the morning to the uncompleted building but the leaders there have been harrassing me and sending me away that I can't sleep in the church. Why?

Though I still sneak in to sleep there but last night, the pst. in charge saw me and told me I can't pass the night here. I cried all through the night and at a point I began to ask if God truly exist.

Would they rather I sleep under the bridge or risk my life in an uncompleted building sorrounded by touts when there's refuge in the sanctuary? A single sister for that matter...

Now, I don't know where to pass the night as I'm still in the uncompleted building and its getting dark.

So, In this case, cant they be said to be trying to protect the house of God by sending me away thereby tormenting me.?
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 2:09pm On May 18, 2022
Channah1:

Its not confusing. I tell you why. My personal experience.

I've been displaced for sometime and have been staying in an uncompleted building until some touts broke into the place and I became afraid and couldn't sleep there any longer.

I went to my Church where there's security to be spending only the night there and go back in the morning to the uncompleted building but the leaders there have been harrassing me and sending me away that I can't sleep in the church. Why?

Though I still sneak in to sleep there but last night, the pst. in charge saw me and told me I can't pass the night here. I cried all through the night and at a point I began to ask if God truly exist.

Would they rather I sleep under the bridge or risk my life in an uncompleted building sorrounded by touts when there's refuge in the sanctuary? A single sister for that matter...

Now, I don't know where to pass the night as I'm still in the uncompleted building and its getting dark.

So, In this case, cant they be said to be trying to protect the house of God by sending me away thereby tormenting me.?

Your explanation and the prayer point still does not add up.

I've heard of people passing through real persecution in Lagos before your story, and they also didn't have a source of income, or accommodation. That doesn't justify the reference to torment still.

When the Bible says pray for your enemies, that's against physical enemies.

When people pray against other people, those prayers don't get answered because there are lots of things involved in touching a human's life by divine attention, only native doctors carry this our successfully.

In your case, how well does the Pastor know you?

Can he vouch for you?

Do you know that he sees you as a security threat?

Do you know the orders he has to obey?

Do you think because you claim to be a Christian, he automatically knows you are one and will treat you like one?

These are some of the questions which explain his action.

Except he has prior knowledge of your situation, he is not obliged to help you without a referee or guarantee that you will be of best behaviour. In addition, anyone you tell your story will wonder if it is true, and why you do not have family or friends who could help you out.

If you mean to say he's pleasing God by his act of refusal, I'm sorry but he is just being rational.

You are the one lacking the garment of favour which should attract helpers to you.
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Ogamysamo: 2:13pm On May 18, 2022
Channah1:

No worry. Shebi you dey for Canada, Lakeshore side, you no know as e dey go for Nigeria. I can't blame you K.

Jesus Wasn't Speaking To Canadians When He Said So, He Was Speaking To You And I, Never Let The Condition That Bend Catfish To Bend You
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Kobojunkie: 3:12pm On May 18, 2022
LofP:
1. When the Bible says pray for your enemies, that's against physical enemies.

2. When people pray against other people, those prayers don't get answered because there are lots of things involved in touching a human's life by divine attention, only native doctors carry this our successfully.

3. In your case, how well does the Pastor know you?
Can he vouch for you? Do you know that he sees you as a security threat? Do you know the orders he has to obey?

4. Do you think because you claim to be a Christian, he automatically knows you are one and will treat you like one?

5. Except he has prior knowledge of your situation, he is not obliged to help you without a referee or guarantee that you will be of best behaviour. In addition, anyone you tell your story will wonder if it is true, and why you do not have family or friends who could help you out. If you mean to say he's pleasing God by his act of refusal, I'm sorry but he is just being rational.

6. You are the one lacking the garment of favour which should attract helpers to you.
1. Stop lying! undecided

If you had what you claim are nonphysical enemies, Jesus Christ, the Truth of God would have wisely indicated this but not once did He in all of His teachings point to you having a nonphysical enemy except the lies they store in their hearts - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 & Mark 7 vs 13- 23 undecided

2. Praying against your enemy is sin/disobedience against God who said instead that you pray for your enemies. undecided

3. Even though Christ commands that His followers welcome strangers into their homes - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40 - , you think your pastor is instead in considering the stranger that comes to him for help a security threat? undecided

Jesus Christ commanded His own to submit to and obey Only Him, yet you believe that a person first has to obey the orders of your pastors in order for to be helped by them? What does that tell you of your pastors and who they serve?, undecided

4. Did Jesus Christ tell us to do good only to those who we believe are Christians - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40 ? undecided

5. undecided

6. Where exactly did Jesus Christ state with this fairy garment of favor would receive help from His followers abeg?; undecided
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Channah1(f): 3:13pm On May 18, 2022
LofP:

Your explanation and the prayer point still does not add up.

I've heard of people passing through real persecution in Lagos before your story, and they also didn't have a source of income, or accommodation. That doesn't justify the reference to torment still.

When the Bible says pray for your enemies, that's against physical enemies.

When people pray against other people, those prayers don't get answered because there are lots of things involved in touching a human's life by divine attention, only native doctors carry this our successfully.

In your case, how well does the Pastor know you?

Can he vouch for you?

Do you know that he sees you as a security threat?

Do you know the orders he has to obey?

Do you think because you claim to be a Christian, he automatically knows you are one and will treat you like one?

Except he has prior knowledge of your situation, he is not obliged to help you without a referee or guarantee that you will be of best behaviour. In addition, anyone you tell your story will wonder if it is true, and why you do not have family or friends who could help you out.

If you mean to say he's pleasing God by his act of refusal, I'm sorry but he is just being rational.

You are the one lacking the garment of favour which should attract helpers to you.

It is you who lack garment of favor.
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 9:01pm On May 18, 2022
grin grin grin
Channah1:

It is you who lack garment of favor.
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 9:02pm On May 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Stop lying! undecided

If you had what you claim are nonphysical enemies, Jesus Christ, the Truth of God would have wisely indicated this but not once did He in all of His teachings point to you having a nonphysical enemy except the lies they store in their hearts - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 & Mark 7 vs 13- 23 undecided

2. Praying against your enemy is sin/disobedience against God who said instead that you pray for your enemies. undecided

3. Even though Christ commands that His followers welcome strangers into their homes - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40 - , you think your pastor is instead in considering the stranger that comes to him for help a security threat? undecided

Jesus Christ commanded His own to submit to and obey Only Him, yet you believe that a person first has to obey the orders of your pastors in order for to be helped by them? What does that tell you of your pastors and who they serve?, undecided

4. Did Jesus Christ tell us to do good only to those who we believe are Christians - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40 ? undecided

5. undecided

6. Where exactly did Jesus Christ state with this fairy garment of favor would receive help from His followers abeg?; undecided
You are the most confused person on Nairaland because you don't read to understand, you read to argue.

Knock yourself out! grin

1 Like

Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 9:27pm On May 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Stop lying! undecided

5. undecided

Since you are so knowledgeable, what does Micah 3:3 refer to?

"Who eat the flesh of my people, and flay their skin from off them; and break their bones, and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the cauldron."

And Micah 7:6

"For the son dishonours the father, the daughter rises up against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house."

And 2 Corinthians 10:3-4:

"For though but we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds."

And Ephesians 6:12:

"For we wrestle not against flesh & blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Perhaps, you have never seen these scriptures? Or don't they indicate the presence of a battle to you? Which is why Ephesians 6:11 says:

"Put on the whole armour of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

Do you fight if there's no battle and no enemies?
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Truvelisback(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2022
Channah1:

Here

There is nothing wrong abt the prayer. U only misinterpreted and misunderstood the prayer. Jesus said, a time would come when those who are persecuting u or kill would think they are doing the will of God. Paul did the same. He though he was doing the will of God.
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On May 18, 2022
LofP:
1. Since you are so knowledgeable, what does Micah 3:3 refer to?

"Who eat the flesh of my people, and flay their skin from off them; and break their bones, and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the cauldron."

2. And Micah 7:6 - "For the son dishonours the father, the daughter rises up against her mother in law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house."

3. And 2 Corinthians 10:3-4: - "For though but we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds."

And Ephesians 6:12:
"For we wrestle not against flesh & blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Perhaps, you have never seen these scriptures? Or don't they indicate the presence of a battle to you? Which is why Ephesians 6:11 says:

"Put on the whole armour of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

Do you fight if there's no battle and no enemies?

1. First of all, the first verse of Micah 3 ought to inform you what comes next does not concern you and your generations since you are not of the leaders of Jacob or officers of the nation which it addresses. undecided
1. Then I said, “Listen, leaders of Jacob and officers of the nation[a] of Israel! You should know what justice is. - Micah 3 vs 1

2. As for what is written in Micah 7, even though the message is pretty much to the same group highlighting that what you call a battle is between flesh and blood humans - the heart of man is wicked as God previously explained to you. However if you had paid attention to verses 5 and 6, you would have seen that Jesus Christ repeated the same to even His followers in Matthew 10 proclaiming He is the one to make it happen. undecided
2. By this I mean that all the faithful people are gone. There are no good people left. Everyone is planning to kill someone. Everyone is trying to trap their brother.
3 People are good at doing bad things with both hands. Officials ask for bribes. Judges take money to change their decisions in court. “Important leaders” do whatever they want to do.
4 Even the best of them is as crooked
as a tangled thornbush. Your prophets said this day would come, and the day of your watchmen[a] has come.Now you will be punished. Now you will be confused!
5 Don’t trust your neighbor or trust a friend! Don’t even speak freely with your wife.
6 Your enemies will be the people in your own house. A son will not honor his father. A daughter will turn against her mother. A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law. - Micah 7 vs 3 - 6
So, below Jesus Christ tells you that He came to pretty much drive enemies between family members- between sons and fathers, daughters and mothers, daughter-in-law and mother-in-law. He even tells you that if you love your family members more than you love Him, you are not worthy of Him. undecided
34 “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace. I came to bring trouble.
35  I have come to make this happen:
‘A son will turn against his father.
    A daughter will turn against her mother.
A daughter-in-law will turn against her mother-in-law..’

36      Even members of your own family will be your enemies.’

37 “Those who love their father or mother more than they love me are not worthy of me. And those who love their son or daughter more than they love me are not worthy of me - Matthew 10 vs 34 - 36
Yet my question to you here is this: Is this battle you imagine yourself fighting against Jesus Christ ? undecided

3. According to Jesus Christ, the devil you should worry yourself about is the one in your heart as it is the bad things I.e. lies you have stored up in your heart that in fact cause you to sin - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 and Mark 7 vs 9 - 23 - and the only way to free yourself from slavery to sin is by knowing the Truth. It is only through living life in continuous submission to and obedience of the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ, God's Truth that you know the Truth and are set free from slavery to sin and become a Son of God, not longer of your former father the devil- John 8 vs 31 - 35 undecided

So, if your battle is indeed against the same devil aka the lies stored up in your heart that caused you to sin and remain a slave to sin, don't you see that the battle is internal, not external. The battle you are meant to fight is with that which keeps you from obeying God’s Truth, and not some phantom your mind has invented for you somehow out there to keep you distracted from what really matters?, undecided
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 4:35pm On May 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. First of all, the first verse of Micah 3 ought to inform you what comes next does not concern you and your generations since you are not of the leaders of Jacob or officers of the nation which it addresses. undecided

2. As for what is written in Micah 7, even though the message is pretty much to the same group highlighting that what you call a battle is between flesh and blood humans - the heart of man is wicked as God previously explained to you. However if you had paid attention to verses 5 and 6, you would have seen that Jesus Christ repeated the same to even His followers in Matthew 10 proclaiming He is the one to make it happen. undecided

So, below Jesus Christ tells you that He came to pretty much drive enemies between family members- between sons and fathers, daughters and mothers, daughter-in-law and mother-in-law. He even tells you that if you love your family members more than you love Him, you are not worthy of Him. undecided
Yet my question to you here is this: Is this battle you imagine yourself fighting against Jesus Christ ? undecided

3. According to Jesus Christ, the devil you should worry yourself about is the one in your heart as it is the bad things I.e. lies you have stored up in your heart that in fact cause you to sin - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 and Mark 7 vs 9 - 23 - and the only way to free yourself from slavery to sin is by knowing the Truth. It is only through living life in continuous submission to and obedience of the teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ, God's Truth that you know the Truth and are set free from slavery to sin and become a Son of God, not longer of your former father the devil- John 8 vs 31 - 35 undecided

So, if your battle is indeed against the same devil aka the lies stored up in your heart that caused you to sin and remain a slave to sin, don't you see that the battle is internal, not external. The battle you are meant to fight is with that which keeps you from obeying God’s Truth, and not some phantom your mind has invented for you somehow out there to keep you distracted from what really matters?, undecided

LOL! I wish you could put your money where your mouth is.

Daily occultists steal people in Nigeria for rituals but you tell me it is the lies that are in a man.

Listen, and listen well, the first scripture talks about WITCHCRAFT. If you cannot recognize that and the fact that the world is perpetually under the spectra of OCCULTISM & WITCHCRAFT, then you need to learn the BIBLE from a new perspective.

Your reference to Micah 3:1 is out of context because even Jesus did not reach out to the Gentiles, as he specifically told the Syrophoenician woman who wanted her daughter to be healed. It was Paul who carried the gospel to the Gentiles. So does that mean, you'd only reference the teachings of Paul the Apostle? No!

Witchcraft, envy and jealous usually starts in a family or from blood relatives. Hence the reference to Micah 7:6. So in effect, you have two categories of enemies: physical enemies or enmity as a result of human interactions, and secondly the spiritual enemies as a result of the perpetual battle between the kingdoms of light & darkness.

It is important to put this in perspective because in the book of Revelations 12 (KJV) :

"7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him."

This alludes to a spiritual battle but you are here talking about internal battles, which summarily can be addressed by doing away with the WORKS of the FLESH.

Now, let's indulge your thinking once more, see the verse that says Satan deceives the whole world (quoted above):

Have you ever seen Satan?
Is Satan inside you and internally part of you?

So how can you claim there are only internal enemies, when the BIBLE clearly points out that there are external invisible forces of darkness on Earth

If the Bible talks about putting on the armour of God to withstand evil, why would you need to place an armour (an external defense mechanism) to fight an internal problem?

Isn't that a clear sign of confusion?

Literally like putting on a bullet-proof vest while paralyzed by malaria instead of taking anti-malarial medication.

1 Like

Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Kobojunkie: 6:36pm On May 19, 2022
LofP:
1. LOL! I wish you could put your money where your mouth is.
Daily occultists steal people in Nigeria for rituals but you tell me it is the lies that are in a man.
Listen, and listen well, the first scripture talks about WITCHCRAFT. If you cannot recognize that and the fact that the world is perpetually under the spectra of OCCULTISM & WITCHCRAFT, then you need to learn the BIBLE from a new perspective.
Your reference to Micah 3:1 is out of context because even Jesus did not reach out to the Gentiles, as he specifically told the Syrophoenician woman who wanted her daughter to be healed. It was Paul who carried the gospel to the Gentiles. So does that mean, you'd only reference the teachings of Paul the Apostle? No!

Witchcraft, envy and jealous usually starts in a family or from blood relatives. Hence the reference to Micah 7:6. So in effect, you have two categories of enemies: physical enemies or enmity as a result of human interactions, and secondly the spiritual enemies as a result of the perpetual battle between the kingdoms of light & darkness.

2. It is important to put this in perspective because in the book of Revelations 12 (KJV) :....

This alludes to a spiritual battle but you are here talking about internal battles, which summarily can be addressed by doing away with the WORKS of the FLESH.

3. Now, let's indulge your thinking once more, see the verse that says Satan deceives the whole world (quoted above): Have you ever seen Satan? Is Satan inside you and internally part of you?

So how can you claim there are only internal enemies, when the BIBLE clearly points out that there are external invisible forces of darkness on Earth

4. If the Bible talks about putting on the armour of God to withstand evil, why would you need to place an armour (an external defense mechanism) to fight an internal problem?

Isn't that a clear sign of confusion?

Literally like putting on a bullet-proof vest while paralyzed by malaria instead of taking anti-malarial medication.
1. There was absolutely no mention of what you call witchcraft in that passage from Micah 3 vs 1 - 4.
1. Then I said, “Listen, leaders of Jacob and officers of the nation[a] of Israel! You should know what justice is.
2 But you hate good and love evil. You tear the skin off the people and tear the flesh off their bones.
3 You are destroying my people. You take their skin off them and break their bones. You chop their bones up like meat to put in the pot!
4 Then you will pray to the Lord, but he will not answer you. No, he will hide his face from you, because what you do is evil.” - Micah 3 vs 1 - 4
2. The problem with minds such as yours is that it is hard getting you to reel yourselves back in from the delusions you have gouged yourselves on. undecided

First you claim witchcraft where instead God is castigating the leaders and officers in the land of Israel. Now you suggest that because of what John wrote in chapter 12 or his book filled with imagery from a dream/visions he had, that you are experiencing some sort of spiritual battle, altogether ignoring the fact that Jesus Christ, the one you pretend to worship, told you over 2000 years ago that He had(past tense) overcome the world on your behalf. undecided

3. Satan is God's servant. This you should have learnt if you had in fact been paying attention to what is written in scripture instead of allowing the delusions of your mind carry you away. undecided

In Job 1, God ordered Satan to test Job, throughout his ordeal, not even once did Job acknowledge Satan as the one behind his predicament , why? Because Job knew what you obviously don't, and revealed this in Job 12 when Job declared knowing that it was God who was responsible for His calamity.
7 “But ask the animals, and they will teach you.
    Or ask the birds of the air, and they will tell you.
8 Or speak to the earth, and it will teach you.
    Or let the fish in the sea tell you their wisdom.
9  Everyone knows   that the Lord made these things.
10 Every animal that lives and everyone who breathes— they are all under God’s power. - Job 12 vs 7-10
Job acknowledged that there was no enemy after Him. Instead, it was God putting him through all of that. He stood his ground even as friends, and even his own wife, tried all they could to dissuade him, Job, from that thinking, and God honored Job for it. undecided

That Satan is also the same Satan that we are told tested Jesus Christ when He came out of the wilderness - Matthew 4 , Mark 1 vs 12 - 13 and Luke 4 -, and the same one Jesus Christ handed Peter over to, to be tested in Luke 22 vs 31. undecided

The Satan who is referenced in the Old Covenant, yhe one who tempted Jesus Christ, does not live on the inside of men, and he is not the one who Jesus Christ told you is your enemy. Instead, the devil, a reference to all those bad things stored up inside of your heart is your enemy, the enemy Jesus Christ told you to rid yourself of - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 - in order that you may become a Son of God, rather than remain a son of the devil, if and when you eventually do so - John 8 vs 31 - 35 . undecided

4. You are the one assuming the armour an external one, that in itself is born of your confusion. undecided

If you will open your mind, even a smidgen, to what Paul infact said of his design for his armour, you would come to the realization that the armor isn't meant to be worn on the body but on over your heart and mind in order to keep out the lies.... to stop them from taking root in you. Where Jesus Christ said, "..and you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free....", Paul opined that after you have been set free from slavery to sin by the Truth, you should wear an armor over your heart of Truth, Faith, Righteousness etc. In order to keep the Lies at bay. undecided

Not sure I agree with Paul since such an armor automagically comes with being a son of God since they are Holy/Perfect vessels worthy of God's Spirit to live inside of but I at least get what he, Paul, was trying to say there. undecided
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 10:06pm On May 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. There was absolutely no mention of what you call witchcraft in that passage from Micah 3 vs 1 - 4.

2. The problem with minds such as yours is that it is hard getting you to reel yourselves back in from the delusions you have gouged yourselves on. undecided

First you claim witchcraft where instead God is castigating the leaders and officers in the land of Israel. Now you suggest that because of what John wrote in chapter 12 or his book filled with imagery from a dream/visions he had, that you are experiencing some sort of spiritual battle, altogether ignoring the fact that Jesus Christ, the one you pretend to worship, told you over 2000 years ago that He had(past tense) overcome the world on your behalf. undecided

3. Satan is God's servant. This you should have learnt if you had in fact been paying attention to what is written in scripture instead of allowing the delusions of your mind carry you away. undecided

In Job 1, God ordered Satan to test Job, throughout his ordeal, not even once did Job acknowledge Satan as the one behind his predicament , why? Because Job knew what you obviously don't, and revealed this in Job 12 when Job declared knowing that it was God who was responsible for His calamity.
Job acknowledged that there was no enemy after Him. Instead, it was God putting him through all of that. He stood his ground even as friends, and even his own wife, tried all they could to dissuade him, Job, from that thinking, and God honored Job for it. undecided

That Satan is also the same Satan that we are told tested Jesus Christ when He came out of the wilderness - Matthew 4 , Mark 1 vs 12 - 13 and Luke 4 -, and the same one Jesus Christ handed Peter over to, to be tested in Luke 22 vs 31. undecided

The Satan who is referenced in the Old Covenant, yhe one who tempted Jesus Christ, does not live on the inside of men, and he is not the one who Jesus Christ told you is your enemy. Instead, the devil, a reference to all those bad things stored up inside of your heart is your enemy, the enemy Jesus Christ told you to rid yourself of - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 - in order that you may become a Son of God, rather than remain a son of the devil, if and when you eventually do so - John 8 vs 31 - 35 . undecided

4. You are the one assuming the armour an external one, that in itself is born of your confusion. undecided

If you will open your mind, even a smidgen, to what Paul infact said of his design for his armour, you would come to the realization that the armor isn't meant to be worn on the body but on over your heart and mind in order to keep out the lies.... to stop them from taking root in you. Where Jesus Christ said, "..and you shall know the Truth and the Truth shall set you free....", Paul opined that after you have been set free from slavery to sin by the Truth, you should wear an armor over your heart of Truth, Faith, Righteousness etc. In order to keep the Lies at bay. undecided

Not sure I agree with Paul since such an armor automagically comes with being a son of God since they are Holy/Perfect vessels worthy of God's Spirit to live inside of but I at least get what he, Paul, was trying to say there. undecided

grin I leave you to Nairalanders to laugh at your delusion. You don't understand the scriptures if they don't fit into your straight talk but you want to argue with the apostle Paul who was filled with the Holy Spirit... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On May 19, 2022
LofP:
grin I leave you to Nairalanders to laugh at your delusion. You don't understand the scriptures if they don't fit into your straight talk but you want to argue with the apostle Paul who was filled with the Holy Spirit... grin grin grin
You think rejecting what is literally written just so you can push instead the musings of your mind means you have understanding of scripture? undecided

Open your mind up to God's Truth and you will see that what is written is in fact as it is written. undecided

So you claim Paul was filled with the holy spirit somehow meaning you should follow him instead of that declared to you by Jesus Christ, yet you misconstrue pretty much everything he said in this to you. Shouldn't this instead cause you to have a rethink about what it is you believe in? undecided
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 9:27am On Oct 20, 2022
Ms Kobojunkie

In response to Number 2 of your latest post.

I can see you made a post in your diary so I will respond here.

Now you made reference to Jesus' words echoing the words in Micah 7.

This is my question, besides the people Jesus drove out of the temple for trading in the temple, did you ever hear any record of Jesus setting people against themselves?

No. That's the answer. It means Jesus brought about a spiritual division between people from the same family based on the kingdom they support.

This is a non-violent division. It's just the realization that oil & water cannot mix.

My dear Kobojunkie, I am talking from personal experience and secondly from a place of knowledge.

I have a cousin who confessed to witchcraft. She is still alive and not yet 35. She is a nurse today, and a mother of children in Ado-Ekiti, South West Nigeria.

She confessed in November 2003. She was not under duress. She said she was sent on a mission and because she failed they wanted to kill her.

When she started seeing faces on the walls and received a psychic attack she cried out.

This is just one of the experiences that I know at a family level.

Members of MFM Olowora, at Olowora junction close to Omole phase II in Lagos who were privy to the deliverance ministry in 2003 know of this instance.

See that I have given you a church, with an address and clear details with the timing of the event.

If you still feel the idea is in my mind. I won't say much.

I have an e-book published online. Expositions on Spiritual Warfare Encounters: Volume 3. I have written about some other spiritual encounters there.

Do well to find the book in e-Libraries like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Smashwords.

Neglect the grammatical errors due to a lack of editing and focus on the narration.

Once again, you cannot theorize and judge what you have not experienced.

Apostle Paul said: "We wrestle against principalities and powers."

I will return to tackle the other points you made.

Have a blessed day! Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by TenQ: 11:01am On Oct 20, 2022
Channah1:

Here

Muslims come to mind!
LOL!!

1 Like

Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2022
LofP:
In response to Number 2 of your latest post. I can see you made a post in your diary so I will respond here.Now you made reference to Jesus' words echoing the words in Micah 7. This is my question, besides the people Jesus drove out of the temple for trading in the temple, did you ever hear any record of Jesus setting people against themselves? No. That's the answer. It means Jesus brought about a spiritual division between people from the same family based on the kingdom they support. This is a non-violent division. It's just the realization that oil & water cannot mix.

2. I am talking from personal experience and secondly from a place of knowledge. I have a cousin who confessed to witchcraft. She is still alive and not yet 35. She is a nurse today, and a mother of children in Ado-Ekiti, South West Nigeria. She confessed in November 2003. She was not under duress. She said she was sent on a mission and because she failed they wanted to kill her. When she started seeing faces on the walls and received a psychic attack she cried out. This is just one of the experiences that I know at a family level. Members of MFM Olowora, at Olowora junction close to Omole phase II in Lagos who were privy to the deliverance ministry in 2003 know of this instance. See that I have given you a church, with an address and clear details with the timing of the event. If you still feel the idea is in my mind. I won't say much.

3. I have an e-book published online. Expositions on Spiritual Warfare Encounters: Volume 3. I have written about some other spiritual encounters there. Do well to find the book in e-Libraries like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or Smashwords. Neglect the grammatical errors due to a lack of editing and focus on the narration. Once again, you cannot theorize and judge what you have not experienced.

4. Apostle Paul said: "We wrestle against principalities and powers." I will return to tackle the other points you made.
1. You quoted from the book of Micah in your attempt to justify your earlier assertion regarding witchcraft. I simply quoted it back in context to show that it in no way backs up your claim regarding your so-called spiritual battles. undecided

2. Your sister may have had a mental attack. It happens. I have had so many experiences of such nonsense, and I can tell you that the right prescription and sometimes counseling can help one battle such delusions. The vast majority of such delusions are brought on by stress, and people have different thresholds as far as handling it. As for your mention of MFM, have you seen the state of their members online? Clearly, these are people who ought to be getting taking of mentally but are instead being conscripted by conmen using God's name to milk and deceive them with. undecided

3. And don't get me started on the libraries written by multiple other conmen out there who call themselves mogs and pastors and the lot, the vast majority looking to make it rich and willing to tell any lie to help them achieve just that. undecided

4. As for your interpretation of that which was written by Paul, I will have you know that Jesus Christ didn't send any of His followers out to fight battles of any kind. He made this clearly known in His Gospel. So, think about it. If the Gospel of Jesus Christ says do absolutely nothing counter to that which is Jesus Christ when these so-called battles happen to you, but you claim that Paul says you should do that which is contrary to Jesus Christ, are you saying Paul was against Jesus Christ?
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Kobojunkie: 1:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
LofP
,This here is taken from the teachings of Jesus Christ.... Dealing with enemies in the Kingdom of God
The dictionary defines the word enemy as follows....
en·e·my
a. a person who is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.
b. a hostile nation or its armed forces or citizens, especially in time of war.
c. a thing that harms or weakens something else.
... and from following along the teachings of Jesus Christ, it is clear there are enemies to contend with. Jesus Christ not only taught of the various enemies in the Kingdom of God but also explained how to deal with them.

In His teachings, Jesus Christ outlined 3 types of enemies that those who are followers of Jesus Christ are likely to encounter in the Kingdom of God. To begin, a follower of Jesus Christ is one who has made committed to living life in submission and obedience to the teachings of Jesus Christ. His teachings were directed at those who were ready to give it all up for His sake, in the Kingdom of God. undecided
A. Satan, the overall enemy to all in the Kingdom of God - Jesus Christ introduced Satan as an enemy to all of His followers, and immediately after that assured His followers that they have been given, by Him, more power than Satan has, meaning they are not to have any fear of Satan given they are made more powerful than Satan by virtue of being His followers.
17 When the 72 followers came back from their trip, they were very happy. They said, “Lord, even the demons obeyed us when we used your name!”
18 Jesus said to them, “I saw Satan falling like lightning from the sky.
19 He is the enemy, but know that I have given you more power than he has. I have given you power to crush his snakes and scorpions under your feet. Nothing will hurt you.
20 Yes, even the spirits obey you. And you can be happy, not because you have this power, but because your names are written in heaven.” - Luke 10 vs 17 - 20
Jesus Christ went on to inform His followers, that He had overcome the world for their sake - those who are loved by Him, the ones who live in their lives in the continuous submission of His teachings and commandments, those in whom His very Spirit lives inside of. Jesus Christ assured them of His peace through all of the sufferings and tribulations they are to endure for His sake. Essentially, rather than a life battling Satan, and the world, Jesus Christ guaranteed His followers that none of that would be necessary given that they are to instead exist under the canopy that is His peace through it all. undecided
33 “I have told you these things so that you can have peace in me. In this world, you will have troubles. But be brave! I have defeated the world! - John 16 vs 33
B. Others in the Kingdom of God - Jesus Christ also taught His followers that right there in the Kingdom of God, the enemy's own seeds are planted and are to coexist with those planted by the Master of the field. i.e. followers of Jesus Christ. In describing these seeds of the enemy, Jesus Christ pointed out to His followers that there were those who would work against Him e.g. the false teachers and the false prophets, and their many blind followers. undecided
29 Whoever wants to enter a strong man’s house and steal his things must first tie him up. Then they can steal the things from his house.
30 Whoever is not with me is against me. And anyone who does not work with me is working against me.
31 “So I tell you, people can be forgiven for every sinful thing they do and for every bad thing they say against God. But anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. - Matthew 12 vs 29 -31
Also....
22 But suppose a stronger man comes and defeats him. The stronger man will take away the weapons that the first man trusted to keep his house safe. Then the stronger man will do what he wants with the other man’s things.
23 “Whoever is not with me is against me. And anyone who does not work with me is working against me. - Luke 11 vs 22 - 23
The work of this kind of enemy is directly against that which Jesus Christ taught and commanded of those in the Kingdom of God implying that their activities are generally antiChrist in nature. For even these kinds of enemies, Jesus Christ prescribed a seemingly opposite approach to dealing as well. undecided
21 “You have heard that it was said to our people long ago, ‘You must not murder anyone. Any person who commits murder will be judged.’
22 But I tell you, don’t be angry with anyone. If you are angry with others, you will be judged. And if you insult someone, you will be judged by the high court. And if you call someone a fool, you will be in danger of the fire of hell.
23 “So, what if you are offering your gift at the altar and remember that someone has something against you?
24 Leave your gift there and go make peace with that person. Then come and offer your gift.
25 If anyone wants to take you to court, make friends with them quickly. Try to do that before you get to the court. If you don’t, they might hand you over to the judge. And the judge will hand you over to a guard, who will throw you into jail.
26 I assure you that you will not leave there until you have paid everything you owe. - Matthew 5 vs 21 - 26
Jesus discouraged His followers from getting angry at such enemies, instructing them to instead bend over backward in resolving issues conflicts, and grudges, no matter where the fault really lies.
15 “If your brother or sister in God’s family does something wrong, go and tell them what they did wrong. Do this when you are alone with them. If they listen to you, then you have helped them to be your brother or sister again.
16 But if they refuse to listen, go to them again and take one or two people with you. Then there will be two or three people who will be able to tell all that happened.
17 If they refuse to listen to them, tell the church. And if they refuse to listen to the church, treat them as you would treat someone who does not know God or who is a tax collector.
18 “I can assure you that when you speak judgment here on earth, it will be God’s judgment. And when you promise forgiveness here on earth, it will be God’s forgiveness.
19 To say it another way, if two of you on earth agree on anything you pray for, my Father in heaven will do what you ask.
20 Yes, if two or three people are together believing in me, I am there with them.” - Mathew 18 vs 15 - 20
Jesus insisted, throughout His teachings, that the same attitude of love always should be applied even resolving conflicts with others within the fold. He implored that those who believe in Him take special pains in settling issues amongst themselves, continuing in love even when their efforts fail. undecided
38 “You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’
39 But I tell you, don’t fight back against someone who wants to do harm to you. If they hit you on the right cheek, let them hit the other cheek too.
40 If anyone wants to sue you in court and take your shirt, let them have your coat too.
41 If a soldier forces you to walk with him one mile, go with him two.
42 Give to anyone who asks you for something. Don’t refuse to give to anyone who wants to borrow from you.
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies. Pray for those who treat you badly.
45 If you do this, you will be children who are truly like your Father in heaven. He lets the sun rise for all people, whether they are good or bad. He sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong.
46 If you love only those who love you, why should you get a reward for that? Even the tax collectors do that.
47 And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than anyone else. Even the people who don’t know God are nice to their friends.
48 What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. - Matthew 5 vs 38 - 48
Jesus dissuaded His followers from bearing grudges or haboring animosity against those who hate them assuring them that a reward awaited those who would obey Him. undecided
27 “But I say to you people who are listening to me, love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you.
28 Ask God to bless the people who ask for bad things to happen to you. Pray for the people who are mean to you.
29 If someone hits you on the side of your face, let them hit the other side too. If someone takes your coat, don’t stop them from taking your shirt too.
30 Give to everyone who asks you for something. When someone takes something that is yours, don’t ask for it back.
31 Do for others what you want them to do for you.
32 “If you love only those who love you, should you get any special praise for doing that? No, even sinners love those who love them!
33 If you do good only to those who do good to you, should you get any special praise for doing that? No, even sinners do that!
34 If you lend things to people, always expecting to get something back, should you get any special praise for that? No, even sinners lend to other sinners so that they can get back the same amount!
35 “I’m telling you to love your enemies and do good to them. Lend to people without expecting to get anything back. If you do this, you will have a great reward. You will be children of the Most High God. Yes, because God is good even to the people who are full of sin and not thankful.
36 Give love and mercy the same as your Father gives love and mercy. - Luke 6 vs 30 - 35
With love at the center of their dealings with all those around them, enemies included, Jesus Christ removed from His followers the need to fight those who antagonize them in any manner, with the overarching message of His teachings being that should be the central approach to dealing with all others. undecided
12 Do for others what you would want them to do for you. This is the meaning of the Law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets. - Matthew 7 vs 12
C. The bad thoughts in one's heart - Sin is disobedience or transgression of God's very own Law and commandments, and with Jesus Christ is God's very Law in the Kingdom of God, He proclaimed that this enemy is responsible for all acts of disobedience against Him in the Kingdom of God.
15 Peter said, “Explain to us what you said earlier to the people.”
16 Jesus said, “Do you still have trouble understanding?
17 Surely you know that all the food that enters the mouth goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.
18 But the bad things people say with their mouth come from the way they think. And that’s what can make people wrong.
19 All these bad things begin in the mind: evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual sins, stealing, lying, and insulting people.
20 These are the things that make people wrong. Eating without washing their hands will never make people unacceptable to God.” - Matthew 15 vs 15 - 20
Jesus pointed out through His teachings that this particular enemy is the reason why those who claim to believe in God would refuse to obey God and His Law. undecided
17 Then Jesus left the people and went into the house. The followers asked Jesus about what he had told the people.
18 He said, “Do you still have trouble understanding? Surely you know that nothing that enters the mouth from the outside can make people unacceptable to God.
19 Food does not go into a person’s mind. It goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.” (When Jesus said this, he meant there is no food that is wrong for people to eat.)
20 And Jesus said, “The things that make people wrong are the things that come from the inside.
21 All these bad things begin inside a person, in the mind: bad thoughts, sexual sins, stealing, murder,
22 adultery, greed, doing bad things to people, lying, doing things that are morally wrong, jealousy, insulting people, proud talking, and foolish living.
23 These evil things come from inside a person. And these are the things that make people unacceptable to God.” - Mark 7 vs 17 -23
And He indicated that this particular enemy lives right in the hearts of those who commit sins against God - those who are enemies of God, those who are slaves to sin. undecided
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to accept and obey my teaching, you are really my followers.
32 You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
33 They answered, “We are Abraham’s descendants. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”
34 Jesus said, “The truth is, everyone who sins is a slave—a slave to sin.
35 A slave does not stay with a family forever. But a son belongs to the family forever.
36 So if the Son makes you free, you are really free. - John 8 vs 31 - 36
In resolving this enemy within, Jesus Christ decreed continuous obedience to His teachings and commandments as the way to rid oneself of this enemy that lives within oneself. By adopting a lifestyle of obedience, not only is one set free from this enemy which chains one to sin, and in addition, one gains knowledge of the Truth of God. undecided

In conclusion, in dealing with all three types of enemies they were sure to encounter in the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ continuously insisted His followers regularly pursue a passive approach to dealing with the provocations or assaults from the enemy. Rather than send His followers out wielding weapons, spewing fire, or even engaging in battles, Jesus Christ enjoined His followers to approach all issues/conflicts by way of direct submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments with a focus on peace, love, and obedience as the way to conquering all things. undecided
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 9:55am On Nov 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. You quoted from the book of Micah in your attempt to justify your earlier assertion regarding witchcraft. I simply quoted it back in context to show that it in no way backs up your claim regarding your so-called spiritual battles. undecided

2. Your sister may have had a mental attack. It happens. I have had so many experiences of such nonsense, and I can tell you that the right prescription and sometimes counseling can help one battle such delusions. The vast majority of such delusions are brought on by stress, and people have different thresholds as far as handling it. As for your mention of MFM, have you seen the state of their members online? Clearly, these are people who ought to be getting taking of mentally but are instead being conscripted by conmen using God's name to milk and deceive them with. undecided

3. And don't get me started on the libraries written by multiple other conmen out there who call themselves mogs and pastors and the lot, the vast majority looking to make it rich and willing to tell any lie to help them achieve just that. undecided

4. As for your interpretation of that which was written by Paul, I will have you know that Jesus Christ didn't send any of His followers out to fight battles of any kind. He made this clearly known in His Gospel. So, think about it. If the Gospel of Jesus Christ says do absolutely nothing counter to that which is Jesus Christ when these so-called battles happen to you, but you claim that Paul says you should do that which is contrary to Jesus Christ, are you saying Paul was against Jesus Christ?
This right here where a person who is actively trying out occultic activities till this moment is termed a mental health attack is one of the funniest things a Christian will ever say. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 10:01am On Nov 19, 2022
Lol. There are more delicate details which I can't share on the internet but your response is definitely very funny and impractical.

Do you know Jesus talked about fasting to overcome some types of problems?

And he also talked about binding the strong man ?

Abeg, you only have book knowledge of God and the Bible like one who reads literature.

You DO NOT have experiential knowledge of the manifest power of the Holy Spirit and the Holy Bible.
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 10:22am On Nov 19, 2022
See, God is endless and omnipotent. The Bible doesn't contain even 1% of his majesty and strength.

If you know God as a loving God, do you realize the same God is described as a consuming fire in Hebrews 12 ?

In Psalm 97 vs 3, a fire goes before him and it burns his enemies.

In Psalm 140:10, the psalmist invokes burning coals on his adversaries.

In Psalm 143, the psalmist asks God to cut off his enemies in his mercy.

Are you sure you know God as the Lord of hosts as mentioned in Psalm 46 and the book of Exodus?

Because Hebrew 13:8 talks about the unchanging nature of God. So if he was a man of war in the past, he will also be a warrior forever.

Listen, your dimension of the knowledge of God can be limited.

In the book of Exodus, God revealed several aspects of his personality to Moses.

He revealed himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

He revealed himself to Abraham as Elshadaai- the almighty and later as Jireh- the provider.

He made this revelations to Moses and then sent Moses to tell Israel that the God of their fathers, I am that I am would save them.

I made all these distinctions so that you don't box God into 1 dimension of action.

Even Ecclesiastes says that God put the love of the world in the hearts of men so that they will not know all his works.

Please don't limit God or allow a jaundiced image of God to dwell in your thoughts.

God is more than you have described him.

Your view is from the pastoral teachings level of revelation of the 5-fold ministry, it lacks depth and it dismisses the work of the prophets who spoke of Jesus and whom Jesus confirmed their prophecies as the "prophet after Moses".

Again, God is more expansive than you have described him!
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Kobojunkie: 4:13pm On Nov 19, 2022
LofP:

This right here where a person who is actively trying out occultic activities till this moment is termed a mental health attack is one of the funniest things a Christian will ever say. grin grin
The statement in bold makes no sense at all. undecided

Mental illness is not an attack but a sickness of the mind. And not everyone who tries out occultic activities had a mental illness, so your linking the existence of an illness to the occultic activities makes no sense. undecided
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by LofP(m): 11:37pm On Nov 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The statement in bold makes no sense at all. undecided

Mental illness is not an attack but a sickness of the mind. And not everyone who tries out occultic activities had a mental illness, so your linking the existence of an illness to the occultic activities makes no sense. undecided

You can only confuse yourself and not me. I told you she confessed to being initiated into the kingdom of darkness, and she is still spiritually active in the kingdom of darkness and you say it's a mental illness? grin
Re: Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God by Kobojunkie: 12:22am On Nov 21, 2022
LofP:
You can only confuse yourself and not me. I told you she confessed to being initiated into the kingdom of darkness, and she is still spiritually active in the kingdom of darkness and you say it's a mental illness? grin
Take her to see a professional mental health therapist at least to rule out possibility of mental illness. I know enough about mental Illnesss and Nigerians to know that the vast majority are simply mentally deluded. undecided

Ask anyone who has worked years in an asylum or psychiatric ward about these things and they will explain to you how many come in to them telling tales of engaging Satan and even serving him but leave sane, with a reduction in episodes after only after weeks of treatment. These folks go on to live better lives some completely overcoming those delusions, others managing their symptoms better. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christianity: A Confused Religion / Altars And Shrines: Power Is Greater Than Power. / Between; Burial And Cremation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.