Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5435968 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 03, 2012
I guyz. I'm a newbei here and I just installed mytv with SRT4663X. The problem I have is that when I insert the smart card.the stations keeps going off and off and the screen displays smart card initialising even when d station shows. Pls I don't know what to do. Your help is kinbd needed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lov4sat(m): 9:36am On Feb 03, 2012
Lov4sat:

@Auchs and Brite02,

Thanks very much for the info and TPs/SRs I will try them out this weekend again and see how it goes.

One love Man VIVA FTA!!!!!!!!!

Finally the bird is down yesterday with this TP 10804H and SR 3.3330 which come up with 29 french channels and one sport channel.
Instead of moving my dish to the right I move it to the left where I hit green with about 93% signal level.

Thanks to all who made this possible. VIVA FTA
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:38am On Feb 03, 2012
@Twinsoris,
Congrats on your successful tracking of hotbird and nilesat. You will need to finetune
your dish for better signal quality especially on nilesat.

@ibrodex,
Those stations going off and on, is it whae you insert the smart card or even without
the smart card do they keep acting up? If yes then you may need to upgrade your firmware.

On the other hand, why not give the dealer a call? He may be able to help you out with another
decoder - assuming you recently bought it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 03, 2012
^^ @geoge_D it is when I insert the smart card and try to view mytv stations that it happen but all other stations are fyne even with or without the smart card in it.
I I'm to upgrade the software, where will I download it and how will i do it myself if I am able to download the software.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2012
@ibrodex
Upgrading your is a simple but delicate venture as many decoders had been fried in the process. Here are simple steps
1. Ascertain that your decoder is genuine strong product and take note of the model eg 4663x is not the same as 4663x11, they use different software. Just as 4669x is different from 4669x11.
2. visit www.wicked.persiangig.com , click patch 4 africa. And locate the file for your decoder. NOTE file for 4663x will appear as 4661x _4664x mytv _ 20110121.zip
3. Download this file and unzip to get .stb file.
4. Put the stb file in a usb flash drive and insert into usb port in front of your decoder
5. Press menu >>> usb/storage >>> data transfer
6 select the file and click ok
7. The upgrade starts AND PLEASE DO NOT SWITCH OFF POWER AT THIS STAGE.
HENCE GENERATOR SET IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED OVER PHCN/PUBLIC ELECTRICITY SUPPLY IF U ARE IN NAIJA. AS POWER OUTAGE WILL DAMAGE YOUR BOX.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 1:09pm On Feb 03, 2012
@George D
my 3.6m dish will finally land by 2morrow morning will kip u updated
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
@all please guys, any latest info on nigcomsat satellite. new frequency on it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 3:16pm On Feb 03, 2012
Welkam 2 nu month
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 5:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
@miju picture below will help you get c/ku on 90cm
without any hassle if you can not get the ones i told you to.
remember that the week tps will not pop in if you are using those thing they call lnb on the market
check ur mail i will send you the name and brand of good

cband lnb thats work very well on 90cm is very cheep if you can get one in ur country

you can also use hacked GH to motorized it or hh motor if you have.

feel free to send message to my pm for any quotations

hope this help you than the first one.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2012
@hacked pls kindly reach me on adedad20002001@yahoo.com for the cband lnb that can work on 90cm thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jayboskie7: 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2012
@hacked
Please remember me too in your kingdom.kindly tell me all the things i needed to do.here is my email addy-jaybolar@gmail.com.

hoping to read from you asap

TY SIR
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 8:29pm On Feb 03, 2012
i hacked pls help me with the c and ku band tutorial, my email is wilsonumassor1@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umassor(m): 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2012
i hacked pls help me with the c and ku band tutorial, my email is wilsonumassor1@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Niyi6(m): 8:53pm On Feb 03, 2012
I Hacked,pls I need full tutorial on how to track c and ku came on 90cm dish. My email address is akanoadeniyi@yahoo.com. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 9:02pm On Feb 03, 2012
Congrats lovesat. @all, any update on nigcomsat 1r. ?

I Hacked abeg pass me too the tutorial info and cband lnb for the 90cm. kele2chi@yahoo.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ibaku(m): 9:43pm On Feb 03, 2012
@ All, has jsc sports +++++++ left hotbird ? i have lost it on my 2.4 fibre for 2 days now. thank you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by tayokay: 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2012
Pls, I am really in need of ds tutorial of Cband & KU band LNB on 90cm dish. E mail - cheertayo@yahoo. I'm grateful 4 d gesture. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gkw: 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2012
@ i hacked

i appreciate your revolutionary approach , but cant u

just drop the info on open forum ?, will u be able to handle all the inbox ?. grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 03, 2012
Great work from ihacked. well done!
@gkw use this info for c-band on 90cm offset dish http://www.ftashow.com/cdish.html#
To achieve this, you need to buy a conical scalar ring/feedhorn and an LNB holder that can be able to hold your c-band LNB(any c-band lnb can serve). You need a special LNB holder for the c-band LNB that sizes it cos the C-band LNB is always bigger than that of ku band. This is not available in our market. You can order one or construct one. For the conical feed horn, You can use the feedhorn of a V-SAT populary seen on the dish by cutting to fix to the throat of the c-band lnb or you can order for one. Then Fix the conical scalar ring to the c-band lnb. This is done so that the c-lnb can be used on the offset dish cos an offset dish uses a conical scalar ring/feedhorn while a prime focus dish uses a non-conical scalar ring. These setup have being confirmed to track high gain c-band receptions with high EIRP/dbw like we have nss7 and AB5 down here. For the tracking, you are advised to track a satellite that have both C band and ku band beam. Reason is for ease setup of your C-band LNB by tracking the ku band beam of the known satellite first using your ku band lnb and then remove ku lnb and then add your c-band lnb setup for the c-band reception of the known satellite (NSS 7 can serve). And you will see the green. Then with the setup, you can then use it to track other high gain c-band reception at your coverage. Viva!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:08am On Feb 04, 2012
Lol

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 04, 2012
My next project.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gkw: 12:47am On Feb 04, 2012
@auchs

hey , thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 1:55am On Feb 04, 2012
@George-d and odilibe pls i need ur explanation on this, sat alignment says nile sat is 262.416 of azimuth, w4/7 is230.149 and intel7/10 is 120.532 azimuth now all this are not thesame azimuth how did a motorised dish manage to get all this sat when moving the dish in elevation alone, as i understand rotation of the dish on the pole clockwise is call azimuth. Pls kindly sheld more explanation this pls.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 2:25am On Feb 04, 2012
gkw, it is advised to use 1.2m offset dish. Finally is this ^_^

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by dolpaz: 2:48am On Feb 04, 2012
Hello house, please i will like to patch my decoder, its a srt 4669xii, i will have love to do it myself but am scared of frying my firmware, pls who can help me out, i need someone around ikeja,abule-egba, sango ota and it axis, my number is 08038048945, thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 8:08am On Feb 04, 2012
Auchs.
where can one get this conical scalar ring and c band holder and how much?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by King411(m): 9:02am On Feb 04, 2012
Temporary free channels on W4/W7 on 11939 V 27500, enjoy while it lasts cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gkw: 12:04pm On Feb 04, 2012
@ auchs
thanks bru ! the hunt is now on for that scalar ring . does it help improve signal strength/quality , ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 12:27pm On Feb 04, 2012
King411:

its seems they have gone.confirm if ure watching them
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2012
King411:

its seems they have gone.confirm if ure watching them
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojtech8291: 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2012
I'm in benue wt 1.8M and 90cm but up tl date i'm unable to get ds w6@21.6E. Pls help me wt d actual lnb skew. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by miju(m): 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2012
@i hacked thanks for the info. i will try it out on monday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.