Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5446440 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 12:27pm On Feb 14, 2012
OBNELLY THANKS FOR THE PIC THERE. Indeed that dish wasn't mearnt for high birds, have tried it all possible means, yet i wouldn't work. i think the bracket was done in such a way that high birds will nt be achieved. when i lay my hands on a welder i might ask him to do some construction that will fit in. meanwhile, i tracked w3a with my 1.8m grd mount i got 75%(mbc) in the evening but 12728 v/h 30000 refuse to turn green. any tips?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 12:27pm On Feb 14, 2012
@D.lee my broda noting like prates but is protest sorry if i wrote wrongly
i hard you is only a fool who don't listing to advice.

go back to my post of c/ku on 90cm to see i draw on sheet for those who need to pick from.u should start before asking for help. cband on 120cm can be found on some site but c/ku on 90cm with different LNBF i mean ku lnb and cband lnb on 90cm is for i hacked and his fans only and the picture is here live start yours and ask ur questions with ur pics of contractions and the gurus and my fans who have it now and also know more  will help u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2012
Hi my broda GADOTOR long time me no read from you drop some thing i miss you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2012
Ilish:

There things which are private and must remain so.This forum is highly monitored by Pay tv agents some are masquarades here.For easier interaction,either make an email or a secret facebook group where you share such.Every one has the right to privacy in the way the keep their information.Dont force people to talk,however,those who are not ready to talk must not bring issues they cant share.This is my opinion.
That's it, nobody shud be forced to speak and issues that we feel are not for public consumption shud not be announced here. Once one brings an issue here he or she is bound to give more info if asked to do so. Or are there any alternative views? This is a democratic forum where we discuss the way forward. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 1:20pm On Feb 14, 2012
@adex70, sorry about your dish.
I suggest a bigger pole mount to prevent future damage from from winds
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 2:10pm On Feb 14, 2012
sammu,how are u long time no see?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 2:55pm On Feb 14, 2012
I Hacked:

@D.lee my broda noting like prates but is protest sorry if i wrote wrongly
i hard you is only a fool who don't listing to advice.

go back to my post of c/ku on 90cm to see i draw on sheet for those who need to pick from.u should start before asking for help. cband on 120cm can be found on some site but c/ku on 90cm with different LNBF i mean ku lnb and cband lnb on 90cm is for i hacked and his fans only and the picture is here live start yours and ask ur questions with ur pics of contractions and the gurus and my fans who have it now and also know more  will help u.

@ I Hacked, thanks for your understanding. It is nice to furnish this forum with nice information for the upcoming member or the newbies. Actually I have no question concerning anything on C band either on a small or big dish. Like I have said earlier that I don't have anything against you. I just want you to share your knowledge with anybody who cares to know as long as it is strictly FTA though I'm not saying that it is by force brother.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 3:15pm On Feb 14, 2012
@ All, the Nigerian communication satellite limited promised that Nigcomsat-1r is going to be operational last week, tuesday to be precise but up till now, nothing have been heared or seen from them. Have anybody noticed that?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IRAPADA(m): 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2012
Has anybdy track nn24 on 60'east cband
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 14, 2012
IRAPADA:

Has anybdy track nn24 on 60'east cband

post the tp
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 14, 2012
Oga D_lee, please I am still on the move even my dish is still outside riding with rust.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2012
auchs:

Oga D_lee, please I am still on the move even my dish is still outside riding with rust.
My dear big bros, I salute you.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 6:21pm On Feb 14, 2012
So many celebrity installers/gurus in dis forum, make una easy oooo. @dlee ma broo how is awka? Cal me asap let's talk.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IRAPADA(m): 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2012
kinmen2004:

post the tp
nn24 at 60'east cband tp3777v  2315
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2012
@sammu the rain remove part of my roof & break the pipe carying the dish i have got another fat pipe also put another pipe inside the fat one to make it double,i will install the dish @ the back of the building now hope this will help solve the winmax inteferance., but my fear is the building may be covering the signal you know it is 2story & 4rm the dish to the building is 2.5 to 3mts, are u back in lag? I will do the inst on thursday.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 14, 2012
D.lee:

@ All, the Nigerian communication satellite limited promised that Nigcomsat-1r is going to be operational last week, tuesday to be precise but up till now, nothing have been heared or seen from them. Have anybody noticed that?

na today
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:35pm On Feb 14, 2012
@etcwest have u received help with ur sabc ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 9:22am On Feb 15, 2012
Ilish:

@ETCWEST,Which part of Zambia are you based?Update the house we know how we can help.We have Pidzo,Lunsat,Rextab,King411 and Wellington in this forum who hail from within the region.

my mistake great gurus, but i felt with I HACKED knowledge on fringe reception can have an i idea on strong LNBS which might do the job.in Luanshya zambia.i wam using Ds dish 90 cm. i would like to also yelp my mother who loves the soaps on sabc who is in mpongwe. i think if Ilish can have anything i might just come to kitwe.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 9:29am On Feb 15, 2012
I Hacked:

@etcwest have u received help with ur sabc ?
not yet was just receiving some discipline from my southern African gurus.still waiting
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 9:42am On Feb 15, 2012
sambass:

So many celebrity installers/gurus in dis forum, make una easy oooo. @dlee ma broo how is awka? Cal me asap let's talk.
@ sambass, I called you twice this morning with etisalat line but there was no respond and I later tried your line again and it was not reacheable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 11:35am On Feb 15, 2012
@adex70, where in ur backyard do you want to instal the the dish? Is it near the well? My fear is that u will loose some sats in the east. Eg intelsat 7/10.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 10:01pm On Feb 15, 2012
etcwest:

not yet was just receiving some discipline from my southern African gurus.still waiting
You need a Fuji quad 0.1db Lnb.Get in touch with Rextab and he will show you where to buy as they are not easily available.Get me on CELLZ 361255
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 10:47pm On Feb 15, 2012
etcwest what Ilish said will help you cos is a simple lnb that i think you can get it easy if you were in my country.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Adex70(m): 11:42pm On Feb 15, 2012
@sammu i have encounter a big problem in istalling the dish,the hand of the jack is seriusly disturb by the roof of that church, can i turn the jack to rigth hand side when u face east and the in clination bolt & pipe left side when u face east will it work? I agree with u on pass7/10
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by etcwest: 8:44am On Feb 16, 2012
Ilish:

You need a Fuji quad  0.1db Lnb.Get in touch with Rextab and he will show you where to buy as they are not easily available.Get me on CELLZ 361255
alright thanx verymuch am little bit busy at the moment but before the end of the week i will come to KT and will give you a call
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by petfun4u(m): 11:03am On Feb 16, 2012
My people, another new satellite has been lunched with details below

Satellite Name: SES 4 (NSS 14)
Position: 22° W (22° W)
Nora[/b]d: 
[b]Cospar numbe[/b]r: 
[b]Operator
: SES S.A.
Launch date: 14-Feb-2012 - 29-Feb-2012 (Estimated)
Launch site: Baikonur Cosmodrome
Launch vehicle: Proton M
Launch mass (kg): 6180
Dry mass (kg): 3073
Manufacturer: Space Systems Loral (SSL)
Model (bus): LS-1300
Orbit: GEO
Expected lifetime: 15+ yrs.

Call sign: S2828
Beacon(s): 4199.75V, 11451.0 RHCP, 11454.0 RHCP, 12500.5 LHCP, 12502.0 LHCP
Details: 52 C-band transponders and 72 Ku-band transponders to provide service to Europe/Middle East, West Africa, North America and South America.
Beams:
C-band East Hemi Beam (predicted)
C-band Global Beam (predicted)
C-band West Hemi Beam (predicted)
Ku-band Europe/Middle East Beam (predicted)
Ku-band North America Beam (predicted)
Ku-band South America Beam (predicted)
Ku-band West Africa Beam (predicted)

From the information I gathered, this will replace NSS7 very soon and thus has a very high footprints in Nigeria according to this picture http://www.satbeams.com/!ajax/embed?beam=6153. Hope it gives us what we want with respect to FTA.

Check the full details from this link below: http://www.ilslaunch.com/newsroom/news-releases/ils-proton-successfully-launches-ses-4-ses

remain blessed.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sammu(m): 1:26pm On Feb 16, 2012
@adex70, yes u can turn it around. It will work
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2012
petfun4u:

My people, another new satellite has been lunched with details below

Satellite Name: SES 4 (NSS 14)
Position: 22° W (22° W)
Nora[/b]d: 
[b]Cospar numbe[/b]r: 
[b]Operator
: SES S.A.
Launch date: 14-Feb-2012 - 29-Feb-2012 (Estimated)
Launch site: Baikonur Cosmodrome
Launch vehicle: Proton M
Launch mass (kg): 6180
Dry mass (kg): 3073
Manufacturer: Space Systems Loral (SSL)
Model (bus): LS-1300
Orbit: GEO
Expected lifetime: 15+ yrs.

Call sign: S2828
Beacon(s): 4199.75V, 11451.0 RHCP, 11454.0 RHCP, 12500.5 LHCP, 12502.0 LHCP
Details: 52 C-band transponders and 72 Ku-band transponders to provide service to Europe/Middle East, West Africa, North America and South America.
Beams:

Nice updates! hopes are high.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 16, 2012
@all, MBC/Rodrigueze2 on W3 at 7deg. still shows live champions leagueUEFA on tuesdays/wednesdays, Also for your kids, they may like ABDC ie, America best dance crew on either AB1/AB3 on saturdays from midday.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ikefra(m): 7:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
Those on Badr 3 ,4 and 6 should scan 12.433 v 27.488 for MBCs the signal have magnified.

I am sugesting that more people should try it because i believe it is trackable now.

I am using 3M mesh Orbitron dish from PortHarcourt.
Shaw

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)