Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5450468 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Swanky092: 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
WHO HAS BEEN ABLE TO TRACK Eutelsat7.3w (MBC) FROM ENUGU NIGERIA? ALL MY EFFORT TO NAIL THIS BIRD PROVED ABORTIVE, THOUGH I WAS ABLE TO NAIL ABS3 @3DEG WEST (STAR MOVIE) WITH A 90CM DISH AND AND SIGNAL QUALITY OF 78%.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
kibukila:

Try to use a 22KHZ switch it might solve your problem.I tried it at my setup but the receiver could not respond to both switches.
OK Thafadhali "what type of receiver are using? Mine is 4992 A HD Asante sana
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lunsat(m): 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
kibukila:

What does this mean?
l have not tried this but it should work: if you are south of equator and you have a motorised set up you will notice this: when dish is moving East decoder is saying moving West and vice versa. This is because the software developers have a. Middle east perspective. With hex editor on a pc you can open the decoder software and search for the word East and change it to west and find the word West and change it to east and save. Load software in decoder and and now East will be East and west will be West. If you find the word STRONG you can even change it to Lunsat and Lunsat will splash on your screen when your decoder starts. Try and report back.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugooobest: 7:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
ugotuf:

If you read my past posts on that 3-in-1 setup, saw the pix and have the frequencies for the 3 birds, you are good to go then.
STEPS:
------
1. (Standing behind your dish)From your multitv or amos@17' position, move your dish to your right towards where you see the sun setting in the evenings, input the frequency of star movies plus (11150/V/45000)on ABS3@3'W and track till you hit green. Lock your dish there and blind scan after you have gotten the best quality.
2. Get another lnbf, locàte SES5@4.8' on your receiver and input this frequency (12015/V/29951), place your lnbf below the primary to the left of the arm and play around there till you hit green, then secure your lnbf with a binding wire or any rope of your choice and blind scan after you have gotten the best quality.

3. Get the 3rd lnbf, locate Eutel7'W and input (11559/V/27500). This time you will have to play above the primary lnbf with your skew at 9 o'clock till you hit green.
Tweak till you get 63% to avoid
cracking of the mbc stations and blind scan.
Goodluck and let your next post here be a positive testimony.
............Tnx alot @ ugotuf. ur d bomb..I v finially tracked both ses5 and abs3 after following ur description on how to track both satellite on one dish...Ur too much sir..I commot
my cap for u sir
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
ugooobest:
............Tnx alot @ ugotuf. ur d bomb..I v finially tracked both ses5 and abs3 after following ur description on how to track both satellite on one dish...Ur too much sir..I commot
my cap for u sir
Thanks for the testimony, dedication and patience are paramount in this dept. Congrats.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Luv4tv(m): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Gud evening house, pls I help a little help. What sat/ dish position is parallel to d post below multi tv position i.e. 90degree, just need d t.p and sat name as I have 90cm dosh dat is redundant after Amos gone red
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
kd10:
OK Thafadhali "what type of receiver are using? Mine is 4992 A HD Asante sana

I am using SRT4922 HD.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Bbdot(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
DatechMan:
Dear ugotof,
I think I need your help.
I'm a noob in this department. I just got a 40in screen. I would love to watch all those great channels on my new slate.
I have sought help on different platforms and I've been asking questions but it seems people are not ready to help.
Note that I don't mind DIY or pay someone to do it. Though I'd prefer DIY
I'm aware that the decoder that comes in-built the tv is no good for good channels like Sport channels and the likes. Someone mentioned I get a CAM module for the TV but it seem it's not the best way to go

Can you please tell me the options. I would like something that doesn't involve anything above 1m dish.
Note that I am ready to experiment.
Currently I am watching GOTV on UHF, thanks to the RF connection from the Decoder in the Family room.

I stay in Osogbo, Osun State.

Thanks in advance,

#GodBlessNigeria
add me up on watsapp 07065831426
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Moyin4king: 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
kibukila:

The satellite is ABS 2 @75 East.This is now hosting TING Package including ATN Channel from Tanzania.This is where they migrated to from Amos5.Can you confirm all channels currently fta.
Thanks for the clearification
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
Swanky092:
WHO HAS BEEN ABLE TO TRACK Eutelsat7.3w (MBC) FROM ENUGU NIGERIA? ALL MY EFFORT TO NAIL THIS BIRD PROVED ABORTIVE, THOUGH I WAS ABLE TO NAIL ABS3 @3DEG WEST (STAR MOVIE) WITH A 90CM DISH AND AND SIGNAL QUALITY OF 78%.
If ABS is 78% then Eutelsat 7.3 is there for you to take. Look and observe closely the picture I posted on Sunday. It will help you.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
Pls house can a 1.8m mesh dish track Nss 7 @22w I need to track TBN tp east hemi beam
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kd10: 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
kibukila:

I am using SRT4922 HD.
OK we are using the same type but today I went to check for a switch I see a brand didn't copy the name but its the same capacity as the vsat type displayed in the diagram of page 1109, 5-1000MHZ but no 22kHZ written on it so I don't know whether to buy it & see if will work or look for a brand with 22KHZ Tahfadhali Mduguwamgu what type of switch did you try that didn't work? Asante. Viva Fta.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ogojohn(m): 9:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Al kass sports HD. 1,2,3 and 4 on nilesat fta. Enjoy.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Rahman28: 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SULIEMAN3(m): 10:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
odilibe:
..the post was only targeting spark 7162 model receiver...linux
Golden media.. srt 2020 hd... amiko alien2+ fulan... sab unix.. etc.. (P) can only be edited with hex editor!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
MBC HD package on badru @26E is free again
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 11:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
engrjoshua:

Can u throw more lyt on dat toggling aspect....
dnt really understand hw to set it on my decorder
set your protocol to 1.0,and then select 1 out of 4 for the first set of diseqc(8*1) and 2out of 4 for the second diseqc!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
ugotuf:

Currently working on that 20' W on 1mtr. I will feed you back once I'm done.Lagos.
You checked out lemmymorgan today?don't you think the "conical-scalar-ring" could be constructed?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by timibare(m): 11:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ogojohn:
Al kass sports HD. 1,2,3 and 4 on nilesat fta. Enjoy.
TP abeg, can I traack wit 90cm
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 2:26am On Dec 23, 2015
ben1daEbiri:
You checked out lemmymorgan today?don't you think the "conical-scalar-ring" could be constructed?
That stuff can be constructed for sure, it didn't fall from heaven after all. I tried sending u a pm to no avail.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 4:31am On Dec 23, 2015
ugotuf:

That stuff can be constructed for sure, it didn't fall from heaven after all. I tried sending u a pm to no avail.
U should mail me directly instead (opssonopsson@gmail.com),i like your comment,i'll be go back to my residence on saturday:don't you think a "medium-sized" funnel could do the job
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by oluchicago: 7:04am On Dec 23, 2015
Please let the house have a picture of the construction when u are tru sir,also bear in mind that a CBand lnb holder wil need b constructed along side too
ben1daEbiri:
U should mail me directly instead (opssonopsson@gmail.com),i like your comment,i'll be go back to my residence on saturday:don't you think a "medium-sized" funnel could do the job
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IshNyeim(m): 7:07am On Dec 23, 2015
routsz:
Guys, spent d whole day battling IS 20 in my medium-size backyard. Used 3900H22222 & 3739H26590 but all was in vain though. But I wanna ask; if I have about 7m(22feet) infront of my dish b4 my neighbour's fence, can it probably obstruct IS 20 signal? My dish is 2.4m pan; neighbour's fence top is same level wth ctr of my dish. pls yr opinion, thanx

Use TP 4117 H 3333 (samaa tv) to track IS20 then maximize it's quality then input TP 3900 H 22222 (sony & co), play with the lnb skew and you'll hit green
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DatechMan(m): 7:11am On Dec 23, 2015
ugotuf:

If you are a total Newbie in this dept., you will most likely need the help of an experienced installer before you can receive ALL those channels in the setup above. But because you prefer a DIY method, you will have to buy an mpeg4 or HD receiver, befriend an installer, watch him do his thing, ask questions and read the threads on how to track a satellite on this rich forum and get practical. it's not as hard as people make it look.Your zeal, passion and enthusiasm for FTA will drive you to always experiment and vey soon you will be a guru.

Thanks bro.
I'm not a total Noob though, as in I am not strange to satellite stuff. I've worked briefly on VSAT before so I understand many of your tech terms. I'm into PLMN now.

For starter, could you please tell me the decoder to buy, what size of dish, LNB, and other stuffs.

Thanks,
#GodBlessNigeria

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 8:15am On Dec 23, 2015
oluchicago:
Please let the house have a picture of the construction when u are tru sir,also bear in mind that a CBand lnb holder wil need b constructed along side too
the "conical-scalar-ring" is indirectly going to hold the lnb,it's just the usual "lnb bracket" for small dishes will be used,checkout the setup at lemmymorgan.com;i haven't done mine yet,i was just discussing it with ugotuf,i keep the house posted when i'm done!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by junate(m): 8:54am On Dec 23, 2015
Merry Xmas house plz apart from kogatv that plays music which other sat can one track to get music
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sunene1: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2015
junate:
Merry Xmas house plz apart from kogatv that plays music which other sat can one track to get music
Boom tv on 16e with koga tv and afro tv on ses @5e &newly abs @3e for old school jam music channel
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by junate(m): 9:38am On Dec 23, 2015
sunene1:
Boom tv on 16e with koga tv and afro tv on ses @5e &newly abs @3e for old school jam music channel
Tanx man
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by KenJorge: 9:47am On Dec 23, 2015
Moyin4king:
Hello house theirs this satellite i received around 75° east because is below Eutelsat 70b east and a little bit above apstar sat 76°east, So the sat have just two frequency which are 11460v2198 for Lesotho network broadcast and the second frequency is 11596v30000 for channels like fox sports 1 & 2 ,Dubai one, cinema TV, nollywood tv ,smile tv aljazera news & documents tv etc, so please who else has got this satellite or that knows the name of the sat

What size of dish is required and where is your location
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by junate(m): 10:19am On Dec 23, 2015
sunene1:
Plz can u gave the tp of tvc on amos plz
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by routsz: 10:23am On Dec 23, 2015
@ IshNyeim, a big thanx. will try it out & feedback
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by junate(m): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2015
Plz can u gave the tracking tp of tvc on amos plz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) (1124) (1125) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.