Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5459893 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by arbourboateng: 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
tomioro:
any biss keys to open the stations? It is displaying scrambled channel.
the key is still active you need to edit the ident key tp and replace it with the new tp.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by VITALYSTA(m): 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2016
Akinolasegun21:
check ur lnb and ur cable very well something is wrong with them.
but the same cable and lnb tracked see 5°E
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by VITALYSTA(m): 9:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
bishop4life:

Check your lnb
this same lnb tracked multi TV , ses 5. the dish itself I'm using it on ses 5
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bishop4life(m): 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2016
VITALYSTA:

this same lnb tracked multi TV , ses 5.
the dish itself I'm using it on ses 5
You may want to know that once you didn't get 80% on the signal strength (level), your lnb or lnb ways has issues.
So check your lnb, the wire, your lnb port at the back of your decoder, you must gain signal strength to track any satellite(even the ses5).

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by VITALYSTA(m): 10:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
thank you dear.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adinanabdulsamad(m): 11:39pm On Mar 22, 2016
can i still use this dish to track sprt24

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bishop4life(m): 11:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
VITALYSTA:
thank you dear.

My pleasure. Please I forgot to mention that if the tp(frequency or symbol rate) is invalid, the signal strength won't come up. This happens mostly if you input ku band tp on satellite meant for c band. For example, inputting emmanuel tv tp for intelsat20ku on intelsat20c on your strong decoder. I hope you understand what I mean.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 1:22am On Mar 23, 2016
VITALYSTA:

I tried MBC 7w again today. didn't hit green I used that tp 11474/11476 V 27500. look at d picture bellow, while I was spinning my dish the 1st bar didn't even get up to 80% not to talk of the 2nd one. the both remained like. that till the sun suck the hell outta me.
I don't know if the problem is from my decoder? I use SRT 4669Z.
Your LNBF is most likely the prime suspect, changer it fast.
Bishop4life has said it all. It's either one or more of these;
-Dead LNBF
-Bad cable or not well connected to lnbf/stb
-Inputting ku frequency into Cband satellite
-LNBF not powered on on the STB.
Good luck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dreay01(m): 3:53am On Mar 23, 2016
Is mtn worldwide still receivable on 1.3m or 1.8m and above because I blind scanned with my 1.3m dish still in same position but couldn't get the channels, though the new frequency popped up but the channels didn't and the signal quality remains 0%?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dreay01(m): 3:55am On Mar 23, 2016
Please is this the minimum dish required now for mtn worldwide?
ganex:
1.8m dish above
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jmichlins(m): 5:47am On Mar 23, 2016
Please guys i heard about new satellite at 9'E. Is anyone aware of it and how to track it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:02am On Mar 23, 2016
I'll still ask again if anyone has tracked eutelsat 7W with 90cm in PH or around it environs?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nnachi404(m): 6:27am On Mar 23, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
I'll still ask again if anyone has tracked eutelsat 7W with 90cm in PH or around it environs?
yes with all the mbc's bwtv. 2m and others. so if. you need help call. 08058521612.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 6:31am On Mar 23, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
Yes.where are you having problem?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by VITALYSTA(m): 7:22am On Mar 23, 2016
bishop4life:

My pleasure. Please I forgot to mention that if the tp(frequency or symbol rate) is invalid, the signal strength won't come up. This happens mostly if you input ku band tp on satellite meant for c band. For example, inputting emmanuel tv tp for intelsat20ku on intelsat20c on your strong decoder. I hope you understand what I mean.
is MBC not Ku band? the only thing that confuses me is that I used the same dish to nail 5°E.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 8:34am On Mar 23, 2016
VITALYSTA:

is MBC not Ku band? the only thing that confuses me is that I used the same dish to nail 5°E.
Forget about the dish for now and talk about your LNBF, stb and cable. What is the full name of the satellite you are tracking mbc with? Post the screen shot.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dreay01(m): 9:51am On Mar 23, 2016
@ ugotuf, Please is mtn worldwide tv still receivable on 1.3m dish or 1.8m and above?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bodelekan(m): 9:59am On Mar 23, 2016
Gud morning house. I input d new to on my decoder for sports24 and it did not pop up to green and am using 1.8m dish.All I notice was dat,it changes to green at 30% but turn back to red immediately. Anytin else to do. Pls I need urgent attention
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hotobo(m): 10:49am On Mar 23, 2016
bodelekan:
Gud morning house. I input d new to on my decoder for sports24 and it did not pop up to green and am using 1.8m dish.All I notice was dat,it changes to green at 30% but turn back to red immediately. Anytin else to do. Pls I need urgent attention
since it turn common sense should tell you, you need to increase the signal whichever way. If are an installer u must grab what i mean.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 10:49am On Mar 23, 2016
goodieuzo:

Yes.where are you having problem?
I've been tracking but no success,what frequency did you use and send me pictures please
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by SayDeeJay: 11:05am On Mar 23, 2016
Dreay01:
@ ugotuf, Please is mtn worldwide tv still receivable on 1.3m dish or 1.8m and above?

YESSSSSS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chifono(m): 12:12pm On Mar 23, 2016
Gurus in the house please add me 08189910970 to the very active and current satellite forum. Please help me o!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 12:31pm On Mar 23, 2016
Dreay01:
I just got an Intel from a friend that you can get it on 1.3mtr minimum, I guess we have to wear our thinking caps, go back to the drawing board and restrategise. I have an idle 1.3 to experiment with tonight. I heard the satellite hosting sp24hd on 20deg. West has reached end of life after 14 years in orbit, hence there is the possibility of migrating sp24hd to ànother host by April at the most. So let's keep our fingers crossed hoping that wherever they move it we can reach it with 90cm at least.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dreay01(m): 12:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
Thanks for this info, I had difficulty tracking it with 1.3m dish yesterday night when I noticed the change in TP but would set out to adjust my dish when I get home.

ugotuf:

I just got an Intel from a friend that you can get it on 1.3mtr minimum, I guess we have to wear our thinking caps, go back to the drawing board and restrategise. I have an idle 1.3 to experiment with tonight. I heard the satellite hosting sp24hd on 20deg. West has reached end of life after 14 years in orbit, hence there is the possibility of migrating sp24hd to ànother host by April at the most. So let's keep our fingers crossed hoping that wherever they move it we can reach it with 90cm at least.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by goodieuzo: 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
I've been tracking but no success,what frequency did you use and send me pictures please
Use 11475v27500 and try to get up to 65-66%,then blind scan to get MBC at 11560v27500 at 62% and above for non cracking signal.let your lnbf be at 10 oclock .remember to try different locations if you have enough space and try to straighten your dish if you have an old dish cos it might have fallen a couple of times.in this game of precision,dish perfection matters.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dreay01(m): 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
Okay, thanks, u use a 1.3m dish presently?
SayDeeJay:

YESSSSSS
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by graphicicon(m): 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2016
@all the members of this house, is there anyone currently watching sport 24 HD on 20W with startime dish with conical scaler ring, response pls, cos i i have bought all the items ready for sport 24 for installation on satureday, do i still have hope of watching sport 24 with it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by VITALYSTA(m): 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
finally nailed MBC. my wire was faulty even though it tracked other sat. take note dudes VIVA FTA!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ugotuf(m): 6:04pm On Mar 23, 2016
VITALYSTA:
finally nailed MBC. my wire was faulty even though it tracked other sat. take note dudes VIVA FTA!!!
Congratulations, at least you can advise others next time based on experience.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by folex(m): 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
graphicicon:
@all the members of this house, is there anyone currently watching sport 24 HD on 20W with startime dish with conical scaler ring, response pls, cos i i have bought all the items ready for sport 24 for installation on satureday, do i still have hope of watching sport 24 with it.
State the size if the dish. Dont assume everybody knows!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sambass(m): 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
jmichlins:
sent someone to get it at nnewi and they said they know nothing about it if you are around here maybe you can help me get it
Jolla me on 07066334589 for ur scaler ring@nnewi
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ganex: 6:59pm On Mar 23, 2016
Dreay01:
Please is this the minimum dish required now for mtn worldwide?
yes for stable and reliable signal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1197) (1198) (1199) (1200) (1201) (1202) (1203) ... (2351) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.