Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,898 members, 7,848,631 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5472089 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 1:52pm On May 20, 2016
arebian:

The only enjoyable channels on mbc package are the mbc channels, which offers the best movies that can be comoared to Dstv premium.
Secondly, standing behind ur dish, uou can attach a 2nd lnb to give you Startimes and Ses 5 package. The lnb should be attached to the lnb the same way multi tv lnb is attached to dstv dish.
dis is d post i'm talking about numba 2 i.e 7w & ses5 thanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by consumingfire: 3:16pm On May 20, 2016
satuganda:
HBO free to air aon apstar 76.5
I have a motorised 2.4m dish how l track this apstar 7.please just give me a simple tutorial.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Uthmanloay: 5:39pm On May 20, 2016
PLS CAN SOME TEACH ME ON HOW 2 TRACK SONY ON 66 PLS D ONE ON 68 NORMALY SKIP
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lele4u(m): 6:09pm On May 20, 2016
If you have 1m dish with scalar ring. Track AFN @64.2E.
Tp 4094 H 3680.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 7:01pm On May 20, 2016
lele4u:
If you have 1m dish with scalar ring. Track AFN @64.2E.
Tp 4094 H 3680.
Dis look like c-band tp? you mean 1m can work for cband if can do lets talk drop ur numba i wil call
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lele4u(m): 7:03pm On May 20, 2016
omotech:
Dis look like c-band tp? you mean 1m can work for cband if can do lets talk drop ur numba i wil call
Its cband and is AFN sports, AFN news etc. Track it your self. It's simple

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by afolabiade(m): 7:57pm On May 20, 2016
afolabiade:
Plesae house, I need keys to open Channel Tv, NTA News, NTA Sport, TVC News and Kenny's Music TV on my Multi TV. Will appreciate if there will be other alternative solution to this problem.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lele4u(m): 8:03pm On May 20, 2016
[quote author=afolabiade post=45811717][/quote] Be patient Gurus will update us
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 8:03pm On May 20, 2016
lele4u:

Its cband and is AFN sports, AFN news etc. Track it your self. It's simple
qch league AFN sports play
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 8:07pm On May 20, 2016
Gurus any hope of FA CUP & COPA DELREY finals by fta & z champion tv still playing any game?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 8:33pm On May 20, 2016
sauceEEP:

Am not a geek but I doubt the possibility of your number 1 and 2. Over to the guru's in the house because I would personally love to learn....
all are possible but for easy
Tracking use 1m for no.2 and 90cm for no.1.Good Luck.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by unikazzy(m): 8:45pm On May 20, 2016
omotech:
I wanted to erect pole on d fence to motorised my 1.8m dish but my Landord said no because his not d one dat own d fence & BQ has occupied d back of d house, in front shop, so both front & back no space.now dis is where I'm going I hve 2dish b4 60 & 90cm 60cm for intelsat 20 & 90cm for joytv b4 amos5 disappear. I want to buy 1m dish to make it 3. I will construct a pole dat can carry everythin on a spot. Now I need an exprience installer dat can do dis job as follow.
(1) 1m dish 7e,16e, 26e, 28e.
(2) 90cm dish 7w & ses5.
(3) 60cm dish intelsal 20 & yamal 54 i.e champion tv.
If you're capable of doing it drop ur numba I will call & discuss. NB :I live @ Ilasamaja lagos I also need a good sat dat can give news channel. Thank you
ur area in Abuja?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by unikazzy(m): 8:48pm On May 20, 2016
omotech:
dis is d post i'm talking about numba 2 i.e 7w & ses5 thanx
the post u quoted said star time and ses5....not 7w as u claimed
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Decryptor(m): 3:29am On May 21, 2016
I have been following this thread with keen interest for some days now and I want to say kudos to you gurus here esp Chinedu7. With the little knowledge I got from the comments and responses so far, I want to ask..... Will I be able to get channels like MBC Movies MBC Action, Cartoon Network and most of the other channels which are aired by CTL (Trend TV)? If NO....the AFN channels....do they air quality and more recent movies cos I am a lover of Hollywood. Also are there also soaps like Telemundo and habit of Hollywood? Thanks in anticipation of an answer.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 4:42am On May 21, 2016
Decryptor:
I have been following this thread with keen interest for some days now and I want to say kudos to you gurus here esp Chinedu7. With the little knowledge I got from the comments and responses so far, I want to ask..... Will I be able to get channels like MBC Movies MBC Action, Cartoon Network and most of the other channels which are aired by CTL (Trend TV)? If NO....the AFN channels....do they air quality and more recent movies cos I am a lover of Hollywood. Also are there also soaps like Telemundo and habit of Hollywood? Thanks in anticipation of an answer.
Bros, fortunately you can achieve all you have mentioned 'but' you need a big motorize 2.4m dish only. Combine three lnbfs(one cband with dielectric Plate, one cband without plate and one Ku-Band). That is the only way to get everything you have mentioned. On Apstar7 you will get premium cartoon channels like Disney, NICK JR and so on, you will also have channels like E-entertainment, SONY movies, AXN, etc in HD with other stations that air good recent TV series. Telemundo is also free on Apstar 7 in English Language. Then on IS20 Cband - HBO and SONY-PIX for top blockbuster movies. AFN Atlantic on 1west also offers good premium movies with better picture quality than other receivable AFN found elsewhere. For Sports you have SONY on IS20 and Sports24 on 34w. Your MBCs are easy to get with even 90cm but with 3-in-1 motorized dish, everything is covered. That is if you have space for a 2.4m dish and of course you will need a very good installer for that. For local channels you will get NTA, Channels TV and WAP TV all free. I can tell you that with this combo you will feel like watching more than DSTV 'free' in your home.

6 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 4:59am On May 21, 2016
unikazzy:
the post u quoted said star time and ses5....not 7w as u claimed
pls read that quoted post very well you will see d only enjoyable channels are mbc, to d best of my knowledge mbc is 7w while ses5 is east
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 5:12am On May 21, 2016
arebian:

Startimes is on the East, but sharing a borderline with the west.
@unikazzy pls read dis post as well, you will know i'm not making mistake by quoting that post. i aslo indicate that i'm in lagos by my first post, morning to you all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by omotech: 5:26am On May 21, 2016
abohwun:
all are possible but for easy
Tracking use 1m for no.2 and 90cm for no.1.Good Luck.
Can u hep me do it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 6:29am On May 21, 2016
Chinedu7:

Bros, fortunately you can achieve all you have mentioned 'but' you need a big motorize 2.4m dish only. Combine three lnbfs(one cband with dielectric Plate, one cband without plate and one Ku-Band). That is the only way to get everything you have mentioned. On Apstar7 you will get premium cartoon channels like Disney, NICK JR and so on, you will also have channels like E-entertainment, SONY movies, AXN, etc on HD with other stations that air good recent TV series. Telemundo is also free on Apstar 7 in English Language. Then on IS20 Cband - HBO and SONY-PIX for top blockbuster movies. AFN Atlantic on 1west also offers good premium movies with better picture quality than other receivable AFN found elsewhere. For Sports you have SONY on IS20 and Sports24 on 34w. Your MBCs are easy to get with even 90cm but with 3-in-1 motorized dish, everything is covered. That is if you have space for a 2.4m dish and of course you will need a very good installer for that. For local channels you will get NTA, Channels TV and WAP TV all free. I can tell you that with this combo you will feel like watching more than DSTV 'free' in your home.
@ chinedu7 I think this combo has virtually all one can ask for.i have more than enough space for a 2.4m dish so can you give me the cost of the settings above. I see two cband lnbs and one kuband.

One will need an experienced installer to pull off this settings. I just wanna know how much it'll cost me to replicate what you posted in my house.

I also need clarification on the concept of motorizing a big dish. All the channels you listed are not on the same satellite position so does it mean if am on 7w watching mbc and I need to switch to Apstar7 (east), do I need to come and turn the dish to face east? Or can I do all that in the comfort of my sitting room?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManTiger(m): 6:40am On May 21, 2016
Where is FA cup FINAL.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 7:30am On May 21, 2016
sauceEEP:

@ chinedu7 I think this combo has virtually all one can ask for.i have more than enough space for a 2.4m dish so can you give me the cost of the settings above. I see two cband lnbs and one kuband.

One will need an experienced installer to pull off this settings. I just wanna know how much it'll cost me to replicate what you posted in my house.

I also need clarification on the concept of motorizing a big dish. All the channels you listed are not on the same satellite position so does it mean if am on 7w watching mbc and I need to switch to Apstar7 (east), do I need to come and turn the dish to face east? Or can I do all that in the comfort of my sitting room?
I don’t know the current price of a 2.4m dish but it won't be more than 50k, heavy duty Jack cost around 15k, positioner cost 6k and an installer may charge 7-10k for that. A rough budget of 80k. Just an estimate.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Uthmanloay: 7:31am On May 21, 2016
PLS I WAN WATCH FA FINAL SOME1 SAID AXN HD BUT PLS SOMEBODY SHOULD HELP ME WIT D TRACKIN TIP AND POSITION
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by unble4real: 7:53am On May 21, 2016
morning house. it is tru all Christian channels on intelsat 20 off air now. mine not showing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Decryptor(m): 8:32am On May 21, 2016
Chinedu7:

Bros, fortunately you can achieve all you have mentioned 'but' you need a big motorize 2.4m dish only. Combine three lnbfs(one cband with dielectric Plate, one cband without plate and one Ku-Band). That is the only way to get everything you have mentioned. On Apstar7 you will get premium cartoon channels like Disney, NICK JR and so on, you will also have channels like E-entertainment, SONY movies, AXN, etc in HD with other stations that air good recent TV series. Telemundo is also free on Apstar 7 in English Language. Then on IS20 Cband - HBO and SONY-PIX for top blockbuster movies. AFN Atlantic on 1west also offers good premium movies with better picture quality than other receivable AFN found elsewhere. For Sports you have SONY on IS20 and Sports24 on 34w. Your MBCs are easy to get with even 90cm but with 3-in-1 motorized dish, everything is covered. That is if you have space for a 2.4m dish and of course you will need a very good installer for that. For local channels you will get NTA, Channels TV and WAP TV all free. I can tell you that with this combo you will feel like watching more than DSTV 'free' in your home.

Wow! Your response shows that you are really deep into this FTA thing. So this dish which I usually call "netted dish" is actually a motorized dish. It's really big shocked and I guess what is needed will be on the high side in terms of finance. Can you kindly give me an estimate of what the costs will look like?

------------------MODIFIED------------
I have seen the answer to the question I asked on your response to sauceEEP. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Decryptor(m): 8:38am On May 21, 2016
sauceEEP:

@bolded........ Very good question
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:13am On May 21, 2016
Chinedu7:

What about Nollywood movies,is there any channel that shows new nigerian movies and Music,if not,it is not stil complete.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:16am On May 21, 2016
sauceEEP:

When u motorise ur dish,u can change it with ur remote from d comfort of ur sitting room.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sauceEEP(m): 9:40am On May 21, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
When u motorise ur dish,u can change it with ur remote from d comfort of ur sitting room.
Its clear now, thanks...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by unble4real: 9:43am On May 21, 2016
Pls any update from intelsat 20 ku band all the Christian channels not showing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eedris63(m): 10:12am On May 21, 2016
Sony ESPN
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 10:39am On May 21, 2016
sauceEEP:

Motorizing your dish means giving it leg to move from one position to another. You store different positions in the positioner in your room. Ex position 1 is Apstar 7@76.5E and position 2 Sony @68.5E and so on. Once you press 1 the jack carrying your dish will move it to Apstar and so on.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1258) (1259) (1260) (1261) (1262) (1263) (1264) ... (2352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.