Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,025 members, 7,835,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5458769 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 9:41am On Aug 30, 2016
Eldorado382:
Can gsky do other fta apart from powervu like qsat & d current price?
Of course...it should be about about 16-17k now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by geman(m): 9:44am On Aug 30, 2016
Hi folks, the TBN package on C band 22West has disappeared. I have also tried to catch it at Apstar 76East, to no avail. Is anyone receiving it?
Kindly advise

Secondly, I have a titanium C1-PLL c band lnb that seems to have shorted. On the display screen of my SRT 4930, it shows LNBF. I took it to an electronics repair man, who changed the regulator but still to no avail. I paid quite a sum to get this c band about 2 years ago and wouldn't want to lose it.
Kindly advise.

Thirdly, I have seen a C Band Lnb in the market here in Kampala, Uganda; it is a Stargold SG 105k. Has any one used it before, does it help with fringe reception?

Many thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 30, 2016
Eldorado382:
Can gsky do other fta apart from powervu like qsat & d current price?
Yes of course. Its a fta decoder that does everything your Strong decoder does. it accepts cccam, etc and I dont see any advantage of strong over it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Trendy247: 10:13am On Aug 30, 2016
ify4king:
pair ur smart card with any available strong HD, remove d card n insert into 4669, ur local channels will be up
pls i have d fake 4669xii, will this work?

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 5:51pm On Aug 30, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
Mr Man, stop leaving in the past. Alphabox is a modern powervu decoder while your strong is just a normal fta decoder.
You will pick strong over Alphabox while others will pick Alphabox over strong.
Reminds me of the argument of manual and auto cars.

To say that Alphabox is more valuable than srt4922a is the craziest thing to say. What happens if it powervu stops tomorrow. Qsat boxes are shit today because the account isn't useful anymore. I guess 2 years ago, you would've said Qsat decoder is better than strong.
I was clear in my writeup, I said if you desire just powervu Gsky or Alphabox are sure bet, but you you want a bit of everything then Sat 4922a is the king. It has been king for years, seen decoders come and go and it still stands tall.
Tomorrow, it's possible an autoroll could be released and if Strong autorolls, will Gsky and Alphabox still be better.
Since there's still the possibility of an upgrade or key insertion, set 4922a is still the best around.
I can guarantee you that it has the best tuner I have ever seen. I have TBN and Disney Tps from Apstar which only Sat 4922a can stabilize and show without Crack, Gsky and Alphabox failed completely when they were tried.
Of course it my view and yours can be different.

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 5:51pm On Aug 30, 2016
[quote author=Chinedu7 post=48932564]
The bottom line is that all these decoders, Gsky, Strong and Alphabox are all good but are all better for different purposes.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by aopes: 7:53pm On Aug 30, 2016
Please guys, I heard there is a free to air on 1.8m that shows EPL matches. How do I track it, on which frequency and band? Thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DoctorHindus: 9:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
Took my spare time to today to track Sony entertainment @68.5e and mtn worldwide @57e on one dish.both with excellent stability. Sport24=65%; Sony pix, six n ESPN=64%. Going after hot bird @13e next at my leisure time. FTA for life.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by certifiedgman: 10:07pm On Aug 30, 2016
DoctorHindus:
Took my spare time to today to track Sony entertainment @68.5e and mtn worldwide @57e on one dish.both with excellent stability. Sport24=65%; Sony pix, six n ESPN=64%. Going after hot bird @13e next at my leisure time. FTA for life.

plz what's d size of ur dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Gr8men: 10:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
24 is off. New key pls
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by aiye1988: 10:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
Trendy247:

pls i have d fake 4669xii, will this work?
and the strong hd will become useless with d card inside.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jaydish191: 11:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
24 is off now any one with working key...[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Showthetee1: 12:32am On Aug 31, 2016
New sport24 key. 30/08/2016
00: 54 9D 14 2E 12 C2 CC 01 :04 A0 03 E5 0E 57 9D

3 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 4:22am On Aug 31, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

Hahaha. I dont sell anything. I only use a lot of decoders. The only thing going for strong in my opinion is the paired cards and nothing else. Strong is a manual decoder and looks a little dated compared to more recent decoders like gsky or alphabox.

That is a very strong point. I will pick a gsky decoder over strong decoders. Thats all.
But you use strong for tracking.

[size=16] Catch You! [/size]

cheesycheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:28am On Aug 31, 2016
Spy360:

But you use strong for tracking.

[size=16] Catch You! [/size]

cheesycheesy
I used different decoders for tracking. grin cheesy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 6:15am On Aug 31, 2016
DoctorHindus:
dish size, location and which lnb is primary
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 6:38am On Aug 31, 2016
@Chinedu7 The tuner of 4922 (and strong boxes generally) are second to non,I've tried severally to make him understand this.Strong boxes have the best tuners around,any good installer or FTA enthusiaist wouldn't argue this,maybe now the opinion comes from a guru,I think he'll agree...
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DoctorHindus: 7:03am On Aug 31, 2016
certifiedgman:

plz what's d size of ur dish?

Dish size is 2.4m. Location is nasarawa state. Primary sat is 57e while secondary is 68.5e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 7:06am On Aug 31, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
@Chinedu7 The tuner of 4922 (and strong boxes generally) are second to non,I've tried severally to make him understand this.Strong boxes have the best tuners around,any good installer or FTA enthusiaist wouldn't argue this,maybe now the opinion comes from a guru,I think he'll agree...
....yea 4922 best tuners worse remote control..strong remotes are just plastic,yeah you will change the remotes like baby diapers!...worse picture quality!compared to my Hd receiver!!now the blind scan is slow than any other receiver..bug:may wipe channel list or settings without notice during power outage! ..experience from a tested strong 4922 original from strong technology!
"about strong technology based on the tuners new boxes are worse than the old ones"

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by junate(m): 7:36am On Aug 31, 2016
Plz house check this sport 24 hd key if it the latest and if its correct 00: 54 9D 14 2E 12 C2 CC 01 :04 A0 03 E5 0E 57 9D
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:37am On Aug 31, 2016
@odilibe Even though their HD boxes aren't the best in terms of picture quality,I think they're still decent enough...this is one aspect alphabox has a slight edge over strong boxes;I must confess alphabox picture quality is top notch.I agree so much strong should work on their remote control but then again,if there are more functions on the remote,it contradicts their idea of simplicity.Generally,strong boxes are just up there at the same level with other boxes and believe it or not,strong boxes are a stronghold in the african market.wiztech,Qsat and others must up their game!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 31, 2016
odilibe:
....yea 4922 best tuners worse remote control..strong remotes are just plastic,yeah you will change the remotes like baby diapers!...worse picture quality!compared to my Hd receiver!!now the blind scan is slow than any other receiver..bug:may wipe channel list or settings without notice during power outage! ..experience from a tested strong 4922 original from strong technology!
"about strong technology based on the tuners new boxes are worse than the old ones"
I sold my 4922a, 4922d and 4950h because of the reasons you listed above, poor Blindscan, poor remote control, poor UI, unfriendly cccam setup, etc
The only thing going for strong is this paired card thing.
I am only left with a 4669xii cos of tracking for installers who believe only in strong.
I have said it times with number, Strong products are overrated.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:54am On Aug 31, 2016
@junate it key ain't working @emmaachile or anybody else with the new working key should give us biko!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 31, 2016
ben1daEbiri:
@junate it key ain't working @emmaachile or anybody else with the new working key should give us biko!
Try and see

http://www.netkeysat.net/powervu.html
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 8:13am On Aug 31, 2016
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 8:13am On Aug 31, 2016
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 8:21am On Aug 31, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

I sold my 4922a, 4922d and 4950h because of the reasons you listed above, poor Blindscan, poor remote control, poor UI, unfriendly cccam setup, etc
The only thing going for strong is this paired card thing.
I am only left with a 4669xii cos of tracking for installers who believe only in strong.
I have said it times with number, Strong products are overrated.
Oga biko give me key from your alphabox!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Showthetee1: 8:28am On Aug 31, 2016
ben1daEbiri:

Check yours input properly, that key should work.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by NuraTeejay(m): 8:29am On Aug 31, 2016
Key0: 54 9D 14 2E 12 C2 CC
Key1: 04 A0 03 E5 0E 57 9D
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by certifiedgman: 8:54am On Aug 31, 2016
YOU got any 2.4m pan dish to sell?
DoctorHindus:

Dish size is 2.4m. Location is nasarawa state. Primary sat is 57e while secondary is 68.5e.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2016
Thanks all
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 11:43am On Aug 31, 2016
odilibe:
I agree with most of your observations, they can still improve but efficiency wise Srt 4922a is still the box to beat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1332) (1333) (1334) (1335) (1336) (1337) (1338) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.