Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5459130 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1379) (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojesymsym: 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
Which stations de 3w Abeg?
I need the tracking tp.
ben1daEbiri:
Lol,I does happen once in a while;mine was that mine LNB power was switch to "Off".I had to buy 2 different LNBs and returned them telling the seller he was selling fake products.I then recalled that a brand new strong LNB (I'm not sure for other products) can NEVER be bad unless it tampered by a third party;that made me take my time to double check,Alas...I found out the problem.The other was LNB FREQ;It was switched from 9750-10750 instead of 9750-10600 and all these were for clients.That day I looked like a learner. 7W is more appealing to 5E!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
mbuaba:
my znbc at 60e cracks a lot can scalar ring boost the signal on 2.4 pan dish
Yea ...C band scalar ring for prime focus dish is designed to reduce noise and interference thereby improve signal quality,on prime focus antenna..
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
odilibe:
Yea ...C band scalar ring for prime focus dish is designed to reduce noise and interference thereby improve signal quality,on prime focus antenna..
Big Brother, I have done this experiment before on prime focus without any result as in no sign of signal improvement, it only worked on Offset. I will like to know why. I believe a lot in trying things and learning reasons for important actions.
Reducing noise effects especially generators' noise effects worked, but didn't improve signal.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jman77(m): 12:26am On Oct 10, 2016
please house, can SRT 4663x work with multitv and 16e ?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 1:41am On Oct 10, 2016
ojesymsym:
Which stations de 3w Abeg? I need the tracking tp.
Continental package which comes on and off,and some bunch of etv feeds!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 1:50am On Oct 10, 2016
Chinedu7:

Big Brother, I have done this experiment before on prime focus without any result as in no sign of signal improvement, it only worked on Offset. I will like to know why. I believe a lot in trying things and learning reasons for important actions.
Reducing noise effects especially generators' noise effects worked, but didn't improve signal.
The tripod LNB hold we use on prime focus dishes blocks as much as 10%,I have pictures of a guys setup which I'll upload later and boy,his construction shows the spirit of a typical FTA ethusiast.I have tried it out myself because my studies but I believe the setup will work just fine!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Easy023(m): 6:09am On Oct 10, 2016
jman77:
please house, can SRT 4663x work with multitv and 16e ?
U can only get one channel on 16'e with ur 4663x (tvm).On multi tv it's capital NO.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DoctorHindus: 6:34am On Oct 10, 2016
Chinedu7:

bro u are very correct. I once tried using scalar ring on 1.8m prime focus wt d intention of boosting Sony signal for a friend but it never worked. it even reduced d signal slightly. I av only had success wt it on an offset. let's not always work with assumption.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DoctorHindus: 6:50am On Oct 10, 2016
discussions on how scalar ring works, it makes sense. check d link. www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/how-do-scalar-rings-work.227093/
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spacetrotter: 9:08am On Oct 10, 2016
Chinedu7:

True talk. Got same results when I tried.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ojesymsym: 9:18am On Oct 10, 2016
Oh continental is still there, das cool then.
Which should be a preferred primary btw 7w and 3w?
I need tracking tp also.
ben1daEbiri:
Continental package which comes on and off,and some bunch of etv feeds!

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mustaphataofeek: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2016
hope for 24?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by captainus: 9:50am On Oct 10, 2016
Spacetrotter:
True talk. Got same results when I tried.

I believe you're referring to Conical Scaler Ring right?If so then you are right ; it performs better on offset dishes.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Eldorado382: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2016
mustaphataofeek:
hope for 24?
24 west z ok but east signal reduced by 11% ie 61% & 40% for 22a & 50h respectively wit 3m dish & it ok -i read a report here dat change of diletric plate position will improve it

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by idexpaul1: 10:58am On Oct 10, 2016
DoctorHindus:

it will last for long as long as d its facing downwards where direct rain doesn't go in. mine has been open for more than a yr n its not showing any sign of dieing.
thks appreciate
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by blexxonmak(m): 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
New Autorol Software for SRT4955 (SRT4955_Dubai_V1.84P_19082016.zip) here:http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
ojesymsym:
Oh continental is still there, das cool then.
Which should be a preferred primary btw 7w and 3w?
I need tracking tp also.
7W!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kibukila(m): 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
blexxonmak:
New Autorol Software for SRT4955 (SRT4955_Dubai_V1.84P_19082016.zip) here:http://crosat.us/upload/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=Strong%20Receivers/Strong%20WIZKID%20Files/Strong%204%20Middle%20East

I have tried it but not opening sp24 only is20 is working fine.What might be the problem.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Valto(m): 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
smiley grin am happy now.rocking sports 24 on qsat 28g. the long wait is worth it, i almost got tempted to buy new auto roll decoder,but decided to wait a little more. still waiting for 4922 auto roll software too.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
Valto:
smiley grin am happy now.rocking sports 24 on qsat 28g. the long wait is worth it, i almost got tempted to buy new auto roll decoder,but decided to wait a little more. still waiting for 4922 auto roll software too.
Qsat autoroll is very fast and stable. It basically autorolls every single powervu channel available. You lack nothing for now.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Valto(m): 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
Chinedu7:

Qsat autoroll is very fast and stable. It basically autorolls every single powervu channel available. You lack nothing for now.
yeah very fast,i dont even notice it. even afn channels opened immediately i upgraded

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 4:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
Chinedu7:

I was referring to flat scalar ring for prime focus dish on the pic below! but conical scalar ring for offset dish will work well on offset dish cos the lnb points at offset angle and lnb is required to see smaller surface area...unlike prime focus dish...which feed is at the centre of the dish!,anything can add noise to the wanted signal..satellite signals interference with adjacent satellite..under or over illumination!
I have done experiments with flat scalar rings on 3m prime focus dish and observe slight improvements ...where only horizontal transponders was improved at the Ku band in some case like nilesat 7west..and on 2m fiber dish C band signal where signal was improved with scalar ring @68.5east! and on both antennas the lnb was attached to an lnb holder then scalar ring added! and on the 2metre fiber dish the scalar ring can be adjusted for better results and not used as lnb holder and both dish are shallow satellite antennas!however flat scalar will only work well on prime focus dish if there is noise in the received signal etc...

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by bodelekan(m): 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
Gud afternoon house,can anybody assist me out of my viewsat auto roll decoder dat is not scanning Sports24 but doing others after hav done a factory reset on it. Wen I put another auto roll decoder dere,it worked perfectly but my viewsat refuse to scan Sports24 even with manual input of frequency,no response.House pls help me out
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Omoakin5(m): 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
tank my oga
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DoctorHindus: 5:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
this for those carrying false news about champion TV.

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DoctorHindus: 6:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
pls I need help on how to solve audio issues on AFN channels at 34.5w. thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
odilibe:

I was referring to flat scalar ring for prime focus dish on the pic below! but conical scalar ring for offset dish will work well on offset dish cos the lnb points at offset angle and lnb is required to see smaller surface area...unlike prime focus dish...which feed is at the centre of the dish!,anything can add noise to the wanted signal..satellite signals interference with adjacent satellite..under or over illumination!
I have done experiments with flat scalar rings on 3m prime focus dish and observe slight improvements ...where only horizontal transponders was improved at the Ku band in some case like nilesat 7west..and on 2m fiber dish C band signal where signal was improved with scalar ring @68.5east! and on both antennas the lnb was attached to an lnb holder then scalar ring added! and on the 2metre fiber dish the scalar ring can be adjusted for better results and not used as lnb holder and both dish are shallow satellite antennas!however flat scalar will only work well on prime focus dish if there is noise in the received signal etc...
Thanks for that. I enjoyed it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Chinedu7: 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
DoctorHindus:
pls I need help on how to solve audio issues on AFN channels at 34.5w. thanks
Press audio button on your remote. Change the channels example from left to right, if it doesn't work then come down to the second line which is usually for Language settings though it defers on different decoders but you should be able to solve it there.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coachbash: 7:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
pls I need help my sky box receiver refuse to d scrambles hd 24 east but it would open the one on west in my friend house
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by DoctorHindus: 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2016
Chinedu7:

Press audio button on your remote. Change the channels example from left to right, if it doesn't work then come down to the second line which is usually for Language settings though it defers on different decoders but you should be able to solve it there.

thanks bro. I tried all that but there is still no audio. the decoder is alpha box X4.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 9:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
DoctorHindus:

thanks bro. I tried all that but there is still no audio. the decoder is alpha box X4.
i also tried all what i can do but to no avail.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by franscolink(m): 10:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
ManirBK:
i also tried all what i can do but to no avail.
upload the latest software. it will work well.I have done it so many times

(1) (2) (3) ... (1379) (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)