Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5446061 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2012
@kyleege, dat satellite is not venus, i know venus, if u have an android phone or a sat finder u will know d satellite i am talking of, d problem we have here is that people here only know how to track birds and insult people but they know nothing about satellites and where they are located, d last tym i checked dis thread was named fta SATELLITES technology thread, but everyone here lacks the basic knowledge of what d thread is all about, what a pity!
@moderator, pls change d name of dis thread to (tracking of fta channels).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by kyleege(m): 1:04pm On Apr 29, 2012
BUGS12: @kyleege, dat satellite is not venus, i know venus, if u have an android phone or a sat finder u will know d satellite i am talking of, d problem we have here is that people here only know how to track birds and insult people but they know nothing about satellites and where they are located, d last tym i checked dis thread was named fta SATELLITES technology thread, but everyone here lacks the basic knowledge of what d thread is all about, what a pity!
@moderator, pls change d name of dis thread to (tracking of fta channels).
If time permits u check www.earthsky.org/tonight and tell me what u see at dusk just below the moon. Its planet Venus, or else from your side its the opposite coz i m from south of the equator. Can you see a satellite at Geo Stationary Orbit. Do u understand what this term means Geo Stationary Orbit. Please go out after mid-might tell me if u can see this satellite. A GSO satellite appears as stationary.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2012
@kyleege, i saw ur link, but as i said before, d satellite i am talking of is not venus, i know where venus, mars (red planet) etc are, i view them with my telescope, but venus can be seen with d naked eye, maybe d reason u are seeing venus by 7.30 nigerian tym insteat of d satellite i am talking of, is cos u live in south or east africa.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by BUGS12: 2:50pm On Apr 29, 2012
I dont know who or wat u think u ar but i am educated, and i have bin watching d stars for a long tym, for ur infomation, a GSO is a circular orbit above d earths equator, and objects in dis period are equal to d earths rotational period so it makes things appear motionless.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ksii: 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2012
I need to be sorted out like yesterday regarding Nilesat 201 reception in Western Kenya.Want to reach you haraka sana!

Kungu:

Good Afternoon adedayo101,

You can also use 2 other alternative web sites that offer simpler info on dish size estimates.

satstar.net www.satstar.net/

and the other satbeams http://www.satbeams.com/footprints

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ball22: 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2012
@pidzo,eritrea tv on arabsat@30'east which dish size can i use to track it in nigeria.can i watch epl matches there because someone told me dat he enjoy almost all weekend epl matches there,how true is it.and is sport24 on intel906@64'east a free to air.thankz in anticipation
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IRAPADA(m): 11:30pm On Apr 29, 2012
@all, pls what is the right gum and paint to use 4 refurblish a 3m dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:54am On Apr 30, 2012
Ball22: @pidzo,eritrea tv on arabsat@30'east which dish size can i use to track it in nigeria.can i watch epl matches there because someone told me dat he enjoy almost all weekend epl matches there,how true is it.and is sport24 on intel906@64'east a free to air.thankz in anticipation
I heard these reports sometime back about ERI TV on Arabsat 5a that they show more EPL games. Unfortunately I have never found the chance to verify it as this KU beam is out of coverage for us in the South of Africa. This is why I have never posted anything about their game schedules because nobody has confirmed this to me. Looking at the footprint of the Pan Arab beam where ERITV is, it seems very unlikely that you can get this channel, see: _http://www.lyngsat.com/Arabsat-5A.html and then _http://www.arabsat.com/pages/Satellite.aspx?sid=16&pid=79 (May be as a fringe satellite??). Contrary opinon is very welcome.
About Sport24, a very good friend told me the channel was scrambled some days ago.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 8:24am On Apr 30, 2012
@George_D
I don show for Waffi, a beg press my digits make we yarn.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:27am On Apr 30, 2012
Hello microgiant,
Welcome to wafiland. I'll call you right away!

Cheers!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 9:46am On Apr 30, 2012
BUGS12: @all, some of u might think dis is crazy but if u want to track ab7, just come out by 7.30pm and look at d sky, d ab7 satellite is located left of d moon, its d 2nd brightest star in d sky, cos there are 2 satellites located in d same 7 degree west position (ab3 and ab7), so if u want to track ab7, just hold ur lnb and face it at d satellite and d signal will become green, i have done it twice, that was how i knew dat was ab7's satellite, sorry about d wrong info on nigcomsat, but i will find out wat that bright satellite is soon. Enjoy!

Hello BUGS12,
With the advent of NWA (Morocco) beam from AB7 you no longer have to go through all these time wasting techniques you outlined here. Gone are the days you have to wait till night just because you want to track nilesat. Now, with a tp of 11156v 20,000sr as long as you know your west direction, you will track nilesat in less than 30mins whether in the morning, afternoon or night.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2012
Guyz share my thoughts......
Since there are devices that could help track satellite without sweat and i know a couple of it have been mentioned here. Certainly this device is made of programmings, hardwards and softwares and from the advancement of technology whereby there are lots of applications and softwares that works for so many things which can be used on mobile phones like androids and smartphone.
Now am only but thinking there should also be a software or application that can be downloaded to help do tracking of this birds too, so i dont know if anyone has stumble upon anything like this online or actually have such thought but i will want us to look into it and maybe carry out some research on this.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2012
@ all Amos 5 @17 e and Eutelsat 16A can be received on a 60cm dish on the same position and with the same LNB, lnb screw 3 0clock 12335 v 27500,11920 v 27500
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2012
Brainy if u have android phone u can download a sat application.that can help you in tracking,but trust me I still like my old method
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Farwee(m): 5:55pm On Apr 30, 2012
ayibatonye: @ all Amos 5 @17 e and Eutelsat 16A can be received on a 60cm dish on the same position and with the same LNB, lnb screw 3 0clock 12335 v 27500,11920 v 27500
3 0clock facing d dish or staying @ d back? 10Q
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ayibatonye(m): 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2012
standing at the back of the dish 10Q too
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2012
obnelly: Brainy if u have android phone u can download a sat application.that can help you in tracking,but trust me I still like my old method

do u have a link to that maybe u could post it!!!####
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 10:58pm On Apr 30, 2012
ayibatonye: @ all Amos 5 @17 e and Eutelsat 16A can be received on a 60cm dish on the same position and with the same LNB, lnb screw 3 0clock 12335 v 27500,11920 v 27500

hint where this dish would face, biko!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 11:29pm On Apr 30, 2012
hint where this dish would face, biko![/quote]east ofcourse
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by brainy02: 10:11am On May 01, 2012
williams85:

hint where this dish would face, biko!east ofcourse

this must be somewhere below dstv position?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 10:41am On May 01, 2012
brainy02:

this must be somewhere below dstv position?
from dstv position, raise ur dish up..and shift a little bit to ur right
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 12:12pm On May 01, 2012
On my 85cm dstv dish facing w3c i just inputed d 2 tps for Amos5 on 17east n it just popd green dancing @ 57% witout any adjustmnts. Currently receiving over 12 channels, fashion 1 n word, kingdom, rtv etc..........
Enjoy while it last.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 2:00pm On May 01, 2012
brainy02: Guyz share my thoughts......
Since there are devices that could help track satellite without sweat and i know a couple of it have been mentioned here. Certainly this device is made of programmings, hardwards and softwares and from the advancement of technology whereby there are lots of applications and softwares that works for so many things which can be used on mobile phones like androids and smartphone.
Now am only but thinking there should also be a software or application that can be downloaded to help do tracking of this birds too, so i dont know if anyone has stumble upon anything like this online or actually have such thought but i will want us to look into it and maybe carry out some research on this.

@brainy,
You can try fastsatfinder:

http://www.fastsatfinder.com/download.html

or Satellite antenna alignment:

http://www.al-soft.com/saa/satinfo.shtml

Just download and install on your PC. I've been using them for years now and they are both very good.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 01, 2012
does it work as same to that of gadget. angry grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by emynem05(m): 5:12pm On May 01, 2012
Wish dat software is in blackberry so u can just conect to d internet and it tells u ur position. Would have make tracking easy, being tracking 7 degree east since monin no luck yet. Its my first diy shaaa, am nt giving up.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by TOWNJUJU: 6:22pm On May 01, 2012
emynem05: Wish dat software is in blackberry so u can just conect to d internet and it tells u ur position. Would have make tracking easy, being tracking 7 degree east since monin no luck yet. Its my first diy shaaa, am nt giving up.
I like ur determination, keep it up u will surely get it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Profchicky: 6:30pm On May 01, 2012
@all gurus in house, can direct & guide me on how to track intelsat 17 wit an active tp? i have urgent need of it plsss.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ilish(m): 7:05pm On May 01, 2012
Profchicky: @all gurus in house, can direct & guide me on how to track intelsat 17 wit an active tp? i have urgent need of it plsss.
Go to www.lyngsat.com and sample on your own
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Profchicky: 8:16pm On May 01, 2012
Ilish: Go to www.lyngsat.com and sample on your own
Profchicky: @all gurus in house, can direct & guide me on how to track intelsat 17 wit an active tp? i have urgent need of it plsss.
I wish u could give me a direct help 'cos i tried all dat b4 seeking help 4rm d house.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IRAPADA(m): 8:22pm On May 01, 2012
@george n all,i just refurbish a 4m dish and tinking of whict sat is best 4 some who love music,reality chs and sports.I stay in akure

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 11:24pm On May 01, 2012
Profchicky: I wish u could give me a direct help 'cos i tried all dat b4 seeking help 4rm d house.
Go to www.flysat.com when it opens click on sat list at the top bar, when it opens scroll down to your preferred satellite, i hope this helps.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 8:22am On May 02, 2012
IRAPADA: @george n all,i just refurbish a 4m dish and tinking of whict sat is best 4 some who love music,reality chs and sports.I stay in akure
As you have massive dish,point it at 7degrees west;nilesat101/102/201 or eutelsat 7westA. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.